Search found more than 2116 matches

Return

Re: Daily Golf - Where you are playing and how you go

Played at Kingscote GC last week, only 9 holes, $15 in the honour box, reminded me of growing up on the Moonta scrapes when staying at my Grandparents over school holidays.

Nice little course with not much relief if you go into the tree lines, hit a 49 which was OK, nearly every hole on the front 9 has OOB to the left. Highlight was nearly hitting my first hole in one on the 138m 6th, hit a high 7 iron that bounced 1 metre in front of the pin and rolled past the hole by no more than 3mm, it was agonising to see the ball path on the scrape :lol: made the putt for birdie which was a small consolation.

Looking to play somewhere this week as Im still on leave
by Dutchy
Mon Jul 31, 2023 7:44 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2023 Adelaide Footy League - Division 4

The best bit I heard from Checkers was that he hopes this encourages guys that are told they are not good enough to still have a crack at lower grades of footy and enjoy the game. Keeping them involved can only be a positive for the league and their clubs, so many club volunteers weren't great footballers but played kept their connection the their clubs via B/C grade footy.
by Dutchy
Mon Jul 31, 2023 7:31 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ashes 2023

oh boy :lol: :lol:
by Dutchy
Mon Jul 31, 2023 10:56 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SANFL Under 18s and Under 16s

beef wrote:Why would they have no games this week end but play the following weds?
Catering for college football again or some other reason?

I heard SANFL and College worked together on the fixturing to maximise college availability at this time of year.
by Dutchy
Fri Jul 28, 2023 8:55 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Good scoring MG, did they still have the rough long?

Seems a weird choice to have a pro comp at Willunga, would think there will be some real low scores.

Playing 18 at Vines Thursday morning
by Dutchy
Tue Aug 01, 2023 8:58 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Cracking day at the Vines today, only to be met by the coring machine on the 2nd hole, from there the holes were either freshly cored or just cut and rolled in preparation for coring which meant they were like putting on glass.

Played very ordinary, 101 off the stick for 31 pts, back 9 was better with 48 including a 9 on the 15th, driving and irons horrible but putting was pretty solid and stopped a complete blow out, still an enjoyable morning on the course.
by Dutchy
Thu Aug 03, 2023 9:56 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: I need to know....

Lift a notch Lads, its International Beer Day! (which I only learnt when I visited the Vale Ale taphouse today)
by Dutchy
Fri Aug 04, 2023 6:39 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

To be fair it was only the small hole coring machine which still make the greens pretty playable still with only a light dusting of sand on top, unlike some courses where its hardly worth playing on for a couple of weeks.
by Dutchy
Fri Aug 04, 2023 6:45 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Season 2023

Corona Man wrote:When do the AFL release the fixture for the last minor round of the season?

Heard it will be in the next 24-48 hours
by Dutchy
Sun Aug 06, 2023 2:26 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that you rate!

That Liberty on Marion Rd is saving our prices down South, they dont budge when the others put their prices up and they end up having to drop theirs down or get no business, its fantastic to see.

Almost every other industry needs to explain why prices go up except the petrol industry, complete manipulation.
by Dutchy
Mon Aug 07, 2023 11:47 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Bands coming to Adelaide

Grinspoon 11/11. Mark of Cain 25/11 & Foo Fighters 2/12 - to bad if any Christmas shows get planned in this period :lol:
by Dutchy
Tue Aug 15, 2023 12:49 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

gazzamagoo wrote:FINALLY!
House is completed & just settled!
Signed up end February last year,
A McGill in Magill!

getting closer to Norwood :lol:
by Dutchy
Tue Aug 15, 2023 4:51 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SANFL Junior codes

I found it strange the equalisation policy was optional for finals. I think players should be able to play up a grade if they’ve played the 5 club games instead of requiring an exemption / permit - this might at least help with sides who have less players to “top up”.

On umpire coaches - I thought most finals had a coach present? Was comms last week that was going to be the case?

This rule is in play in country leagues, esp ones where they get kids back from SANFL/College for finals, unfortunately you then see kids that have been playing all year miss out come finals which doesn't sit right with me.
by Dutchy
Wed Aug 16, 2023 10:59 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Round 23

Booney wrote:Back to the Keays "goal" then.

Hasn't been enough outrage on this IMO
by Dutchy
Tue Aug 22, 2023 11:37 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Sneaky 9 at the vines before sunset tonight
by Dutchy
Fri Aug 25, 2023 2:24 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Bryce Gibbs to retire

Never forget him ripping Port apart at Glenelg as a 17yo kicking 4 (i think) from the wing.
by Dutchy
Wed Aug 23, 2023 8:52 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Having a beer in the changerooms post game yesterday with 7 kids who I coached in u8's, 13 seasons later they still love their footy.
by Dutchy
Sun Aug 27, 2023 2:51 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Dutchy wrote:Sneaky 9 at the vines before sunset tonight

Perfect night for golf, had a par on the 1st & 3rd, bogeyed every other hole except had a quadruple 8 on the 2nd for a 46 and 18 points, very happy except for that one hole, playing weekly is just around the corner again.
by Dutchy
Sun Aug 27, 2023 10:44 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Golf equipment: sticks, balls etc. what do you use and w

I use Driver, 2h (16 degree) and 3h (19 degree) - also have added my old 2 iron when playing for position off the tee.
by Dutchy
Mon Aug 28, 2023 11:29 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that you are looking forward to

My next chapter, I made a bold move yesterday to quit my job, money was great but the culture was terrible.

I was making inroads to changing it but someone above me kept coming through and destroying it, it got to the point where I was sad that I woke up each morning.

Good call, know your worth, all the best LM
by Dutchy
Fri Sep 01, 2023 10:26 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Carlton

I remember when he was on Crows list and couldn't get a game in Glenelg's reserves so played in the SFL for Marion
by Dutchy
Fri Sep 01, 2023 10:17 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The Voice Referendum - Oct 2023

I don't totally understand it however I also don't see the harm of having it in place so Ill be a Yes voter until someone convinces me its a bad thing.
by Dutchy
Mon Sep 04, 2023 11:15 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Season 2023

KISS is a horrible choice IMO.

Unless its a top class overseas outfit at the top of their game (i.e. The Killers) then stick to Aussie acts - even if you have 3-4 bands play a couple of songs each.

Personally Id love to see The Smith Street Band get a gig, they have a number of songs about footy.
by Dutchy
Tue Sep 05, 2023 5:43 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

carey wrote:I was filthy we didn't play.

People are soft these days, some of my favourite days on the course have been shocking weather conditions, its great fun hitting back in the stance 5 irons from 90m out!
by Dutchy
Thu Sep 07, 2023 10:15 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Port Adelaide 2023

Oh look now TJ is a chance to return after a couple of injuries on the weekend :lol:
by Dutchy
Tue Sep 12, 2023 8:54 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Finals Week 1

Im still staggered Van Rooyen only got 1 game!
by Dutchy
Wed Sep 13, 2023 9:48 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Just purchased my new driver, walked into Drummond wanting a Titanium and walked out with the Carbon :lol: after a few hits on the simlulator, the biggest selling point was the forgiveness, only hit one bad one out of 6 shots and that still hit the fairway, hopefully that translates to the real stuff. Playing 9 at the vines tomorrow night.

https://www.golfalot.com/Portals/0/imagesblogs/wilson/dynapowerdriver/dynapower_hero.jpg
by Dutchy
Thu Sep 14, 2023 1:25 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:In time for Sevens season?

Fires up in October, weather is too good not to get out for a hit tomorrow night
by Dutchy
Thu Sep 14, 2023 5:53 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

In time for Sevens season?

Fires up in October, weather is too good not to get out for a hit tomorrow night Have you ever tried running the ball up on the 16th by aiming at the stobie and watching it roll around onto the green?? Or do you like playing golf shots?[emoji1787]

Sent from my SM-G781B using Tapatalk

I have been known to putt the ball from 80m out there :lol: , my wedge game isn't strong and its a prick of a green to hit
by Dutchy
Fri Sep 15, 2023 12:18 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

What is the point of all the YES corflutes appearing? I don't get it, is that really going to convince people?
by Dutchy
Fri Sep 15, 2023 1:22 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

49 last night on the front 9 at the Vines, classic round of some highs and lows, finishing with an 8 on the 9th which wrecked a decent round. Driver went pretty well, highlight being 90m from green on the 8th, closest Ive ever been before is 135m so can see some good upside once I get it dialled in. 2 iron performed very well from under trees when needed, been a very handy addition to the bag for those low punch shots
by Dutchy
Sat Sep 16, 2023 3:05 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Finals Week 2

Lost at the selection table, but Ken and the fans will still defend the decisions.

The club seriously needs and outside influence to come in and change things up.
by Dutchy
Sun Sep 17, 2023 12:51 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SANFL Under 18s and Under 16s

Congrats to the Dogs with an upset win in the 16s to win the flag.
by Dutchy
Sun Sep 17, 2023 2:01 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Port Adelaide 2023

The thing about Rowey is that when he is serious he actually has a good footy brain, AA don't want him to play that role though. Him being stupid gets clicks and ratings.
by Dutchy
Thu Sep 21, 2023 10:56 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Son #1 just signed up at Thaxted on a 7 day 12 month membership for $265, son #2 did the same for $65!!!

Age discrimination! :lol: can I identify as a 16yo?
by Dutchy
Wed Sep 20, 2023 7:31 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: HFL Division 1 (Central)

Barkeroo wrote:Nairne win it by 12 points!!!!

never in doubt ;)
by Dutchy
Sun Sep 24, 2023 10:49 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Brownlow 23 - who wins it

The worst thing about Fantasy footy etc is that people think the more stats = the better the player is. Completely wrong, the best players on the ground are the ones that had the biggest influence on the games result, racking up non damaging disposals are very misleading if relying on stats alone.
by Dutchy
Tue Sep 26, 2023 10:29 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Just got my L2 accreditation signed off, footy season is officially over for a little while :)
by Dutchy
Fri Sep 29, 2023 2:44 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2023 AFL GF

Heard that KISS were lipsyncing

It was very obvious, Gene even stopped singing too early a couple of times :lol:

Well done Collingwood, never thought they could become so bloody likeable, got to admire a group that were probably about the 4th/5th most talented team in the comp but thru some great coaching/leadership and team footy they win a flag.

Frampton's role was simply to make a contest and bring the footy to the ground, which he did, not sure of the hate, McCrae's coaching is about roles and he did his.
by Dutchy
Sun Oct 01, 2023 1:04 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that give you the sh1ts

Went and gave some throw downs to the lad in the new nets at OHalloran Hill (which are open to the public - well done council) however as they do these day you are caged in with a wire roof which causes issues when son decides to practice his t20 skills, **** me its like a lottery if you get hit in the head or not!!
by Dutchy
Sun Oct 01, 2023 5:22 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2023 Silly Season

McKay has 7 more years on his Carlton contract, good luck negotiating out of that one!
by Dutchy
Tue Oct 03, 2023 10:18 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2023 AFL GF

Booney wrote:
Dutchy wrote:if you havent already make sure you watch tonights 360, incredible insight from McCrae

Makes it hard to hate them but I'm up for the fight.

Still a skinny Glenelg half forward in my eyes
by Dutchy
Tue Oct 03, 2023 10:16 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Havent heard a bad thing about the Paradym, Stealth seems more popular though.

51 off the stick on the back 9 at the Vines last night, really struggling, going to have to hit the range and hit a heap of balls. At least the hcap will slide out for the start of the Sevens comp.

Vines have shut down the 17th (not sure why no evidence of repairs/reno) and now have the small par 3 16.5 as a replacement hole, just a 95m punch.

Only highlights were a getting inside 10 feet for a birdie putt on 13 after 3 solid shots...then 3 putted :lol: had a par on 14 and another birdie chance left short on 16 but tap in par - rest was horrendous!
by Dutchy
Mon Oct 09, 2023 11:07 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2023 Silly Season

Hinkley really is going to leave the cupboard bare in 12-18 months time isn't he? #chipsin
by Dutchy
Thu Oct 12, 2023 10:02 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Horror show continued last night at Vines, front 9 for 11 pts, this time the irons were off, Driver found some touch which was the only highlight. Back there for 18 tomorrow.
by Dutchy
Sat Oct 14, 2023 2:00 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

This is completely on Albo, it should have succeeded, but the complete lack of leadership on a number of fronts caused this outcome. Mistakes everywhere.
by Dutchy
Mon Oct 16, 2023 10:57 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Get the man a Glenelg FC membership :lol:

Yesterday at the Vines, started on the back 9 and after not breaking 50 for a few months I walked off 18 with 42 & 21 pts, a birdie on the 14th and some long putts sunk (2 from off the green) probably made it better than it was but I was pretty rapt. Bogey on the 1st and things going well, until going double, double, quad, triple, double :roll: :lol: finished ok with a par on the 7th and 9th to walk off with 52 & 13 pts. Overall some nice signs of improvement, tried taking some speed off the Driver swing and that did help. Iron's are still off - e.g. on the 17th tried to go over the tree on the right with an 8 iron, bladed it under the tree, but over the bunkers, to 10 feet :lol:

Already been stung with h'cap going from 19 to 17 ffs!!
by Dutchy
Mon Oct 16, 2023 5:56 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Great Southern Football League

Footy clubs are so impatient.
by Dutchy
Tue Oct 17, 2023 4:47 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Great Southern Football League

whufc wrote:
Dutchy wrote:Footy clubs are so impatient.

Generally driven by committees. You don't get glory/accolades/ego boosts for the long-term strategy you have in place. If you're not a winner you're the first loser. ;) :lol: :lol:

And many clubs go backwards because of this
by Dutchy
Wed Oct 18, 2023 10:38 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Mr Beefy wrote:Playing The Pat Friday, Barossa Sunday and 3 courses at Siam Country Club in the following 2 weeks. Especially looking forward to that.

that looks amazing, bookmarked!
by Dutchy
Thu Oct 26, 2023 10:03 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |