Search found more than 2123 matches

Return

Re: Daily Golf - Where you are playing and how you go

Willunga looked good on the telly, and was quite surprised that the pro's weren't ripping it apart which in a way pleases me that these short courses can still be tough

Went for 9 last night with the lad at Thaxted, never seen the greens so fluffy and slow :shock: 50 off the stick but came home 2 over for the last 4 holes so good finish, pleasingly got the Driver working by putting my right leg back a touch, even though it was downhill and with the wind I hit my drive 280 on the 4th

Vines tonight followed by some beers
by Dutchy
Fri Oct 27, 2023 8:34 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2024 Adelaide Footy League - Division 7

Its the re-signings on social media that do my head in :roll:

No issues with new recruits
by Dutchy
Fri Oct 27, 2023 8:37 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that make you laugh

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:Dave from Alberton on fire at 6.10am

Son off on his footy trip today meant a 5.30am wake up (usually 7.30) so I put the radio on and I cop that!!!

Some photos from the footy trip have already made its way to us, god knows how they will go at the Cox Plate tomorrow :lol:
by Dutchy
Fri Oct 27, 2023 8:39 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Vines tonight, started bogey, par, par then it went horribly wrong, missed 4 putts under 2 foot :lol: 48 and 15 pts....never seen the club so busy, couldn't get a seat outside with the nice weather and took an hour to get meals which was fine as the beer was cold 8) just got home!
by Dutchy
Fri Oct 27, 2023 9:43 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

NIce one MT, only played Tanunda once but keen to get back there

Playing Wednesday twilight and then have Mens Mental Health Ambrose Day at Wirrina on Friday, looking forward to that one :D
by Dutchy
Mon Oct 30, 2023 9:54 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that you rate!

#2 turns 17 today and now has his P's, while there is that nervous period letting him go off on his own, there is no longer the daily requirement to drop him the bus stop, work, cricket training, cricket matches (with a game at North Haven coming up :lol: )

Also booked him to drop off and pick up for a few gigs over the next few weeks while he is still keen to do it.
by Dutchy
Mon Oct 30, 2023 10:02 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Putter deserted me again tonight, but new Driver is starting to pay for itself, 45 for 18 points

Onto ambrose on Friday
by Dutchy
Wed Nov 01, 2023 9:37 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The never ending No AFL in the SANFL whinge thread

its really easy to blame the SANFL competition, a cop out even, remember them not having their own teams was hurting their development? They got their way and now they are saying this....

Its a huge call to say that the AFL reserves will be the next best competition and regulating SANFL to 3rd.

Have they actually considered they might already be in the better comp than the Eastern seaboard teams?

There is going to be extra costs plus reduced recovery for their players
by Dutchy
Thu Nov 02, 2023 9:48 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Great day down at Wirrina today, wind was up though which made it tough conditions, we ended up 3 under with the winners getting 6 under.

Driver continued its good form and I even got the putter going.

Course is in good nick, a bit of couch growing across 3-4 greens but other than that can't fault the course, was in better condition that this time last year.
by Dutchy
Fri Nov 03, 2023 10:27 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: WEIGHT LOSS + the challenge

So our gym just went thru the hoop, again, so on the look out for a new one, any recommendations in the southern suburbs?

How far south?
there is a revo gym on Marion rd. Got the $9.69 per week deal.

yep thats the leading candidate atm, they are also opening one at Happy Valley in March next year.
by Dutchy
Tue Oct 31, 2023 9:20 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Lets not forget Pick 3 isn't a priority pick, ours were 18 & 19 - compared to other clubs like Carlton who got them in the top 3
by Dutchy
Mon Oct 30, 2023 9:59 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Pat's ( Not Spargo ) Punt Club 2023

Early Quaddie is on, refer to selection post, we are thru to the 2nd leg :D
by Dutchy
Tue Nov 07, 2023 11:14 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Dutchy wrote:Early Quaddie is on, refer to selection post, we are thru to the 2nd leg :D

Late quaddie now on, both for 10%
by Dutchy
Tue Nov 07, 2023 11:38 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Flemington is back to being a favourite's graveyard it seems
by Dutchy
Tue Nov 07, 2023 12:16 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Cup Trifects is on and we are done, refer here for all bets - viewtopic.php?f=12&t=44150&p=2630855#p2630855
by Dutchy
Tue Nov 07, 2023 12:52 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

https://scontent.fadl7-2.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.15752-9/371508988_274949165542301_4467577743108888867_n.jpg?_nc_cat=105&ccb=1-7&_nc_sid=8cd0a2&_nc_ohc=a3hdCjvWdTEAX-_T2Lj&_nc_ht=scontent.fadl7-2.fna&oh=03_AdTVmAEMWXko2t-T6s78l4XLBcr2D1NHzybWzj01e9ETHg&oe=65710215
by Dutchy
Tue Nov 07, 2023 1:41 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: I need to know....

I’ve been in Uranus for the last 8 years, so there’s a bit to catch up on.

Bays winning flags? LOL, pull the other one.

Next thing you’ll be telling me that the Queen is dead, or that the yanks voted in a clown as President.

Or that Dean Laidley is now a chick, and the world shut down for a couple of years due to a virus.

Come to think of it, where the faaaark has the West End brewery gone, and WTF are pronouns???

And why isn’t Warnie commentating anymore?

Why isn't Port winning flags anymore?
by Dutchy
Tue Nov 07, 2023 8:58 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Bands coming to Adelaide

Great night at the Lions Art Factory to see old favs Jebediah, the last few times Ive seen them they have been part of festival line ups where they will roll out all the popular hits and thats about it in an abbreviated set. Its the first time Ive seen them play for 90 mins for a long time.

They kicked off with their new song (and announced a new album coming) and then went into most of their popular songs to get everyone up and about. They left some of their old classics until the end of the show which was a great way to do it. Just when they looked like they had finished for the night with Jerks of Attention they fooled everyone and ripped into Teflon which was incredible. While the other band members are starting to show their age, Kev Mitchell is still one of the best front men in oz music and his voice hasn't deteriorated at all, still has the same energy he had back in the BDO days.

Grinspoon this Sat night.
by Dutchy
Tue Nov 07, 2023 12:14 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: KING PAT AND HIS DISCIPLES PUNT CLUB 2023

Glad we pulled back the win bets from $50 to $25 this year, look at it this way - we saved $250!

Each share value is now $77.56
by Dutchy
Tue Nov 07, 2023 9:05 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Mens ICC Cricket World Cup, India 2023.

DOC wrote:ZERO footwork from Trav and he goes. 1/4.

ZERO footwork from Maxy and he makes 201* :lol:
by Dutchy
Wed Nov 08, 2023 9:49 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

We are currently planning an aggressive strategy for tomorrow's Oaks day, there is obviously a chance we will end up with zero at the end of tomorrow so if anyone would like to cash out now for $77 please let me know TODAY, otherwise we will presume you are all in on tomorrow's bets.
by Dutchy
Wed Nov 08, 2023 9:16 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Telstra sending out an email today titled "Helping you to keep connected" :lol:
by Dutchy
Wed Nov 08, 2023 2:27 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Tasmania

We are in Tassie from 9 - 16th March, travelling up the east coast from 9th-13th then the wives leave us in Launceston and the boys head to Barnbougle for 3 nights
by Dutchy
Wed Nov 08, 2023 2:57 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Booney wrote:We'll have around $200 cash and $80 bonus cash :(

Over to Pat on Stakes Day.
by Dutchy
Thu Nov 09, 2023 5:31 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

nice darts MT!

43 for 20 points on the back 9 at Vines today, 2 double bogeys but rest of the round was solid.
by Dutchy
Sun Nov 12, 2023 9:54 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL 2024

What are the AFL strict guidelines that ovals need to meet?

With Norwood getting games its hard to believe they have any. #shithole I think Norwood gets it for logistical reasons. Close to the city, bringing back the Norwood food and wine festival that weekend and can shut the Parade off and make a big market area. Gather around is all about the tourist dollars for the state after all

Norwood's infrastructure got it the nod also, electronic advertising and AFL standard lighting gave it a massive head start, they now have AFL standard coaching facilities also along with no summer sport so they could get the oval perfect. This year will be low spend so they can recoup some $'s and then look at other venues in '25.
by Dutchy
Mon Nov 13, 2023 12:30 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: INS and OUTS for 2024

WWT develop the kid and fully expect to lose him at the end of 2024, but now he goes to a club a year early and WWT and their fans miss out on watching him, so bloody disrespectful and potentially reduces the connection he has at WWT and potentially stifles his development.

I can handle the loan scenario which has happened in the last for a small period of the season, but this makes my blood boil.

Im guessing on draft night he wears his AFC polo before he gets selected :roll:
by Dutchy
Tue Nov 14, 2023 8:54 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Golf in general

Afternoon all,

That time of the year again where i'm undertaking "The longest day" I understand not everyone will be in a position to donate, but this is a great cause against the beast that is cancer, its ripped our family apart losing my sister at 28 and now watching my mother face this challenge everyday, some days better than others but, typically it's a bloody struggle for her everyday. As stated Cancer has hit us all as families at some stage somewhere along the line, every dollar counts.

https://www.longestday.org.au/fundraisers/shaunholland

Thanks in advance guys, much appreciated. At absolute worst, you can hear the pain i'll be in walking 72 holes........ ;)

Regards
Shaun

Brilliant mate, its impacted both my parents in the last 12 months, **** cancer
by Dutchy
Wed Nov 15, 2023 9:18 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Golf in general

You would think they could make a killing by having some $250-$300 range day packages with some simple decking near some of the other greens. Seem to be pointed towards the corporates now (which if fair)
by Dutchy
Wed Nov 15, 2023 4:07 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

RB wrote:Brisbane v Carlton is the only one I'd say is a guaranteed full house.

We said that all Gather Round games wouldn't sell out also. All 4 will sell out,
by Dutchy
Wed Nov 15, 2023 5:12 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

44 for 19 points tonight on the front 9, pretty happy as I started with 2 double bogeys, then got things back under control, birdie putts on 6 and 7 the highlights, missed them both but rapt I gave myself a chance.
by Dutchy
Fri Nov 17, 2023 9:59 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: INS and OUTS for 2024

I do think the surface quality has a fair bit to do with it. It has been wet the last two winters and I've never seen Woodville Oval in worse condition. Half the games the players can barely turn because it is so slippery and they'd be training on that as well. I'm not sure what the other ovals are like - Norwood seems much better than it used to be (perhaps because of AFLW and Gather Round) and Alberton always looks a treat thanks to it being an AFL training venue.

Port also don't have any other traffic other than AFL/SANFL/AFLW. SANFL ovals are used more than ever with female footy, male and female development squads, u14 comp about to start in 2024, u16's going to a full season, plus AdFL/SANFL juniors using for finals, multicultural groups and schools also use from time to time.

Hence most clubs now have a 2nd facility,
by Dutchy
Thu Nov 16, 2023 4:33 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Mens ICC Cricket World Cup, India 2023.

Didn't Trav get dropped due to not being able to bat in Indian conditions? :lol:
by Dutchy
Mon Nov 20, 2023 10:29 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Soooooo, how's this weather?

BOM having a horror couple of days of forecasting again
by Dutchy
Fri Nov 24, 2023 1:36 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: ASCA

Back when the pro's wore shorts...

by Dutchy
Thu Nov 30, 2023 1:51 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that make you sad.

I'm sure I speak for all of us when I pass on our sincere condolences to Dutchy who lost his Mum last week.

Dutchy, from all of us on here mate you and your family are in our thoughts.

( I have asked for his approval before posting this as a matter of respect )

Thanks Boon and all, been a tough week but the support has been incredible.

Everyone has a cancer story in their family but this time last year my Mum was supporting my old man who was facing his own significant cancer battle, a week after he got the all clear Mum got the bad news and their roles flipped, 5 weeks ago we were told she had 3-6 months, **** cancer.

She had a great life and knew she was very loved.
by Dutchy
Fri Dec 01, 2023 2:27 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

In 2013 is was "critical" for the Crows and Port to have stand alone teams in the SANFL, we have always been their plaything, nothing more.

The comp since 2013 has been heavily compromised -

> Prioritising development over winning
> Players playing limited game time, even in finals
> Crows not having home games
> Top up players not up to SANFL league standard (remember when earning a league game was special?)
> Fixture needing to fit in with AFL requirements = reduced flexibility
> Injuries heavily impacting their performance

Now is the chance for the comp to be the genuine 2nd best comp in the land, decisions made from here will be critical, a real opportunity presents itself.
by Dutchy
Mon Dec 04, 2023 12:08 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Back 9 at the Vines on a beautiful Friday night, started by missing a 1 footer for par on the 10th :roll: got my first birdie for a while on 14 to be 2 over only to double bogey 15 & 16, recovered to par 18 and walk off pretty happy with a 42 and 20 points, down to hcap of 17 now and goal is to get to 15.
by Dutchy
Mon Dec 04, 2023 12:20 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

21 games season won't work, there are already complaints about demands on players, if they can earn good coin playing country for 16 games season the choice will be simple.

17 games might be the answer, play everyone home/away and the 3 other teams 3 times depending your your previous season finish (i.e. top 4 play each other 3 times and same with bottom 4)
by Dutchy
Mon Dec 04, 2023 1:23 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: General tv discussion thread - good, bad, axings etc etc

Dutchy wrote:
Wedgie wrote:Been binging 2 seasons of Welcometo Wrexham, great show, highly recommended.

just started this and flying thru Season 1, love these type of shows

Now finished it, outstanding watch, really enjoyed it.
by Dutchy
Wed Dec 06, 2023 11:31 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Had to get tickets for my old man and my Aunty and Uncle, tyring to get all 3 barcodes from them was the hardest bit!
by Dutchy
Mon Dec 11, 2023 1:19 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: BBL 23/24

Seems like the Sixers have rolled out the same squad since 2015 :lol:
by Dutchy
Mon Dec 11, 2023 10:37 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: PAFC 2024

Still a huge commitment on potential , if clubs are going to be pushed into a corner on these type of deals then the freedom to trade without consent surely isn't far away. If not they need to make 5 years the maximum contract, 5 years is more than fair for the stars of the comp and gives the clubs some room to move if things don't go as planned.

You mean Rozee is potentially a good player?

Thats what whufc said
by Dutchy
Tue Dec 12, 2023 1:25 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: PAFC 2024

carey wrote:Although i'm very disappointed in the fact i haven't heard 'Oh, now they can pay the SANFL back'

The predictability of this site has let me down on this occasion. I expect this to be a rare occurrence.

Head to facebook, it won't let you down
by Dutchy
Thu Dec 14, 2023 1:14 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

48 & 15pts last night at a very windy Vines, best part of my game atm is my recovery shots, says a lot :lol:
by Dutchy
Thu Dec 14, 2023 9:42 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Rocked up to golf yesterday as hung over as 10 sailers and shot 39 points with 2 scrubs.

What could’ve been.

Sounds stupid, but I didn’t actually do anything great, I just didn’t do anything wrong. (Apart from the 2 scrubs) :lol:

How did you go in The Longest Day?

If not the hardest thing I’ve ever done, ridiculously close to it. Still have 2 blisters from it, albeit nearly gone. Teed off at 5.10am and finished about 6.45pm I was both mentally and physically fatigued definitely drained me. Over 35kms all walked.

So glad I did it tho, cancer council were amazing on the day random cancer patients come down walked a few holes with me, seriously put things in perspective when they’re thanking you so much for what you’re doing. I don’t care how big and tough you are I had the biggest lump in my throat seeing and hearing the stories I was so close to breaking down when a young girl told me her story. Cancer doesn’t discriminate that’s for sure.

Rips your heart out. If me doing that can help in anyway shape or form I’m obliged to do it, and will happily continue to do so.

Raised just over $15k next year I want to break the $20k mark.

Magnificent mate, you should be extremely proud.

My son seems interested in doing it next year, might have to look into it, I think there is a 36 hole option, no way I could do further than that.
by Dutchy
Mon Dec 18, 2023 10:02 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Old man getting confirmation he is still cancer free today
by Dutchy
Mon Dec 18, 2023 4:16 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

After the last month we needed some good news, very grateful.
by Dutchy
Mon Dec 18, 2023 10:45 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Restaurant & Pub Reviews

If you are up in the Copper Triangle be sure to check out the new Capella's just off the main street behind the Moonta town hall, they have a done a great job with the new set up and the food was fantastic, there was 20 of us an not a bad word.
by Dutchy
Mon Dec 18, 2023 10:54 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: BBL 23/24

Armchair expert wrote:SLIDE YOUR BAT YOU IDIOT

"Professional" cricketer hey? You see it all in this league.

If that happened in the sub continent or West Indies there would be match mixing allegations, but not a word here...
by Dutchy
Wed Dec 20, 2023 7:47 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |