Search found more than 2178 matches

Return

Re: Adelaide Crows 2017

I think Grundy is massively over rated. "Gun 23 year old ruckman"? I don't think so, serviceable, but he's no gun. He's got upside being only 23 but I would doubt Adelaide would give away Jacobs to get Grundy. Madness.

Agree :shock: :shock:

Freo will have plenty of cap space come year end and Crows don't pay overs, McGovern gone.
by Dutchy
Wed May 10, 2017 10:29 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Crows 2017

Watched a bit of SANFL in recent weeks and Thompson is done, Crows would go even worse with him in the team.
by Dutchy
Mon May 15, 2017 12:03 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ni Hao Round 8

Wayne Carey talking about behavioural issues
http://portal.gold/MediaServer/3S1Iv8wZM3We6VCnlmzhY5/23750_0_2017_2_135_120_1_jpg/%D9%82%DB%8C%D9%85%D8%AA-%D8%B7%D9%84%D8%A7-%D8%A8%D8%A7%D8%B2-%D9%87%D9%85-%D8%A7%D9%81%D8%B2%D8%A7%DB%8C%D8%B4-%D8%AE%D9%88%D8%A7%D9%87%D8%AF-%D8%AF%D8%A7%D8%B4%D8%AA.jpg

I wonder what he would have said to Mrs Murphy if he ran into her

Carey has no right to comment on anyone's moral turpitude, I fail to see how any media companies would want to employ him.

Why not? Plenty have on his.
by Dutchy
Mon May 15, 2017 3:16 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The never ending No AFL in the SANFL whinge thread

morell wrote:
Dutchy wrote:Now it is AFL and the grassroots footy team.
Nah it's all Port's fault. Those damn lecherous bastards.

I don;t blame Port for this one, Crows pricks to blame for this whole thread.
by Dutchy
Tue May 16, 2017 10:02 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Port Adelaide 2017

Lightning McQueen wrote:
Dutchy wrote:$43m is injected into the Tasmania economy from us playing 3 games in Hobart.

Oh dear, who comes up with this crap?

As long as it is the person that signs our $1.5m cheque each year all good :D
by Dutchy
Tue May 16, 2017 10:57 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Strip back all the financials and the crowd sizes etc and you still have 2 teams who do not care if they win or lose in a once proud competition.

That itself is enough for me not to support it financially.
by Dutchy
Tue May 16, 2017 1:30 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The only issue for me is that why does it stop people going and supporting your club against 'pure' SANFL sides like years gone by? I still went and watched the Eagles whenever possible, despite my disdain for what has happened to the integrity of the comp, in the end Eagles v Centrals for example will always be a game I follow with interest, despite what the reserves sides are doing..

Because our clubs are still part of a competition that has 2 clubs that don't care about winning, which directly and indirectly affects my club.

If Eagles play Centrals this week, and both have played the Ravens in the past fortnight, their position on the ladder is affected by how hard the Ravens tried, rested players, top up players, stars coming back from injury, coach even at the game etc etc etc. The comp is not even.

Ravens even assure the grassroots clubs that their top up players will play a certain amount of games back with them to ensure they qualify for finals, even if they are critical to their SANFL set up. How is that taking the 130+ year competition seriously????
by Dutchy
Tue May 16, 2017 5:26 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Rumour re Media Coverage

Sent an email to the SANFL about getting an annual digital pass and I was prepared to play $200 to get it, no reply...
Dutchy ?

https://s.yimg.com/ny/api/res/1.2/6rMM3JHwdi3cv5678dhlgw--/YXBwaWQ9aGlnaGxhbmRlcjtzbT0xO3c9ODAw/http://l.yimg.com/cd/resizer/2.0/original/sg67ZzCz4Jjdc4AL_RVDYKScC18
by Dutchy
Wed May 17, 2017 10:29 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

All Ive got is social media backlash from one of their employees
by Dutchy
Wed May 17, 2017 11:46 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Falling Attendances

Died in the wool Sturt supporter, but I'd rather travel 5 mins down the road to watch a Div 1 ammo game than pay to go and see an SANFL game at the moment.

Location, cost, standard of footy and having a beer with mates are high on my list of priorities when considering what game to watch.

Been doing it for the last 4 seasons, good footy to watch, beer and food prices a hell of a lot cheaper and alot of good banter :D

The SANFL side i support being pissweak also comes into consdieration :roll:

With two posts like this, it's no wonder the SANFL is dying. But tell me again it's the AFL clubs fault...

I still follow and support my club, just passively now. Like above I now put my $ and time into my local grassroots footy club where the comp is still a genuine one.
by Dutchy
Sun May 21, 2017 9:17 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Round 9 ( Keep it down in the expensive seats )

Real bit of energy about the Roos at the moment, love how they met the Melbourne aggression head on and our muscled them to victory, while getting it done on the inside the outside run is then cutting up teams, getting the balance right with such an young team is really hard, loving the journey.
by Dutchy
Mon May 22, 2017 11:55 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Bands coming to Adelaide

Friday night 25th August at Thebby - Hoodoo's, You am I, Jebediah
Saturday night 26th August at AEC - Grinspoon

What a weekend!
by Dutchy
Wed May 24, 2017 10:38 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Round 10

Rik E Boy wrote:Looking forward to Hawthorn getting absolutely crunched.

regards,

REB

Ouch #-o #-o #-o #-o #-o
by Dutchy
Sat May 27, 2017 12:08 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

This game went to 30 mins, was listening intently with game in balance and then nothing....they took the button for the live stream off the app before the game finished....you can;t script the incompetence!

by Dutchy
Sat May 27, 2017 11:43 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Umpire Mollison made the perfect call and is being lynched. The Power players made several errors and are excused from a public review.

Silly game this AFL."

Quite possibly the best thing Rooch has ever typed.

Umpires have such a little influence on a game of footy compared to the players, yet guess who the scapegoats are to the masses?
by Dutchy
Mon May 29, 2017 10:22 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I don't think it's funny - more... inevitable. Unless a significant, strategic and practical restructure is undertaken.

And this is where most of us started this journey 4 years ago by saying NO to AFL teams in SANFL, the SANFL needed to stand alone and be a strong 2nd tier comp that did not rely on the AFL. It had a point of difference from AFL footy.

It would have required hard work by the SANFL administrators and club boards, but sadly they took the easy option and look where we are today. A league that is dying.
by Dutchy
Mon May 29, 2017 5:09 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that you rate!

Lightning McQueen wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:Divorce Day is today, well it goes to court.

That was quick, DIVORCE has been granted!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Congrats......I think.... :D
by Dutchy
Tue May 30, 2017 11:28 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Footy League D7 - 2017

I hate the misuse of wrapped instead of rapt...but each to their own
by Dutchy
Thu Jun 01, 2017 11:57 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Footy League D7 - 2017

Some serious head movement going on there :lol:

by Dutchy
Thu Jun 01, 2017 5:09 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

SANFL Macca’s League footy fans are important to us, so to make sure we understand what you want from our competition, we are giving you the opportunity to provide feedback. You can complete the short survey here: http://bit.ly/2rSp8i1

In other words....We are in a panic that no one is turning up, our tweets are not retweeting and its not even winter yet. Please tell us why otherwise we might lose our jobs and our guaranteed corporate box access at the Crowval.
by Dutchy
Thu Jun 01, 2017 11:39 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Why did Morell stop attending games? (which was 1998 BTW)
by Dutchy
Fri Jun 02, 2017 10:45 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

You guys are rolling in it after Shanghai apparently
by Dutchy
Mon Jun 05, 2017 9:59 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Booney wrote:
Dutchy wrote:You guys are rolling in it after Shanghai apparently

Again, a loaded question you know the answer to.

No, Kochie and KT has specifically said China is all about boosting their football spend, Im sure you are aware of this
by Dutchy
Tue Jun 06, 2017 9:48 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Satisfied customers tell your story.

Dog_ger2 wrote:My work car battery went flat and the radio asked for a code _ _ _ _?

Went to Peter Page Elizabeth.

No problem.

Girl looked it up on the computer.

No Charge.

How did you go there with a flat battery?
by Dutchy
Mon Jun 05, 2017 4:09 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 9

saintal wrote:Random and somewhat irrelevant stat- in their last 10 trips to Woodville, South have mustered just 51 points per game. :-B

Good stat for punting though, cheers!
by Dutchy
Fri Jun 09, 2017 1:52 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

morell wrote:He's a defender. All day every day. Put him at CHB and leave him there.

For which club?
by Dutchy
Thu Jun 15, 2017 10:54 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Glenelg/West merger?

Or in other words the council it shit scared it will never get its money back so they need to buy into the problem, not be part of it.
by Dutchy
Thu Jun 15, 2017 10:19 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Southern Football League

Proposal was to start the week before 1/4 I think.
by Dutchy
Sun Jun 18, 2017 6:34 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Port $1.70 favs against Collingwood at the G, would have thought that market should be the other way round?
by Dutchy
Tue Jun 20, 2017 12:25 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

jakovasaurus wrote:Paige Spiranac coming through with a quality instagram upload today.

jeepers! I rate this post and Insta :o
by Dutchy
Thu Jun 22, 2017 4:36 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Round 14

Pyke being out coached again
by Dutchy
Thu Jun 22, 2017 10:38 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: North Melbourne

i always get a good laugh out of Port fans having a go at our crowds and finances :lol:
by Dutchy
Mon Jun 26, 2017 12:11 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Betting Sites, Good or Bad

Tabcorp/tatts merger to go ahead

Has anyone used the new system in a TAB outlet??

I haven't yet, but a mate explained it to me the other day and it didn't sound great (although he hates it, so the message was prob a little biased)

A mate of mine was complaining about the new ticket system over the weekend, can;t remember the last time I filled out a ticket!!
by Dutchy
Mon Jun 26, 2017 12:17 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Lightning McQueen wrote:I've been nailing these spit roasts lately!

:shock: :shock: :shock: :lol: :lol:
by Dutchy
Mon Jun 26, 2017 10:33 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

SANFL and club admin need to work harder and invest in the competition, not just $$$$

Going back to 2013 and the GFC Members meeting, Chiggy basically admitted the AFL sides in SANFL was the easiest option and they saw it as the way forward. As many thought it was the golden bullet and with the sale of AAMI its fair to say admin have taken their eye off the ball and we are where we are today with the AFL cancers in and the comp going backwards.

Just like any competition in any sport at any level, hard work pays off.

Can anyone tell me if the Crows are visiting zoned schools in the week leading up to their game against SANFL clubs as promised? ive seen no evidence of this.
by Dutchy
Tue Jun 27, 2017 10:00 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Keiran McGuiness, Cachia, Tuck Brothers, Jarrad, Grima brothers, Andrew Hooper, Dom Barry, Tom Collier, Eddy, Hartigan...a few off the top of my head that have come from interstate to play and work in Adelaide in recent years.

Lowering the salary cap isn't going to help club financially at all.
by Dutchy
Tue Jun 27, 2017 3:59 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Found out tonight I got nominated for Foxtel's #thankscoach promotion and was successful. Get to spend 2 hours with the Crows [could be better, could be worse :) ] and Don Pyke in a couple of weeks at Crows HQ.

Not sure if I've won or lost :lol:
by Dutchy
Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:23 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Found out tonight I got nominated for Foxtel's #thankscoach promotion and was successful. Get to spend 2 hours with the Crows [could be better, could be worse :) ] and Don Pyke in a couple of weeks at Crows HQ.

Not sure if I've won or lost :lol:
would be handy if you could drop a few hints about how unsuccessful being in the SANFL is with the ressies

Have to cover my #noaflinsanfl tattoo ;)
by Dutchy
Thu Jun 29, 2017 10:18 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

“The SANFL competition is particularly strong and the evenness provides for great competition for all participating teams week-in and week- out. ”

Yep, Westies just had their first win for 364 days, pretty even comp there :lol: :lol:

Surely you are not blaming the Crows for Westies demise?

Not at all, this shows how disconnect the SANFL admin are, spruking the comp is so even, yet West don't have a win for a year?

Maybe if it was the Crows who hadn't won for a year it wouldn't have been said.
by Dutchy
Wed Jun 28, 2017 10:34 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Round 15

MW wrote:
Most would play four in 19-20 days. I'm just hearing excuses

Plus a trip to Perth?

Not a huge factor early in season but definitely from mid June onwards
by Dutchy
Fri Jun 30, 2017 10:33 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 11

another grub wrote:Dutchy backed Port

Yep lost that one, but had North and the Dogs so made a nice profit on the day.

Follow my twitter if you want to know what Im on
by Dutchy
Sat Jul 01, 2017 9:30 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Amateur League Looking at taking over Junior Football

We called off u15's tonight, severe weather warning forecast including the possibility of lightening, boys have been training since early Feb twice a week and our Saturday boys have no game this week due to country champs. No harm in having one night off in July, earlier in the year or in August leading up to finals I'd lean the other way.
by Dutchy
Mon Jul 03, 2017 11:37 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Like literally his speech was very unprofessional. Sounded like someone from fat pizza

Where did you hear that from? Interested in hearing more about it. I think it was Caroline Wilson on 5aa that said the St Kilda interview went well but they were worried about his image and marketability due his speech style. It's still there at times - youse and aks being prominent - but he's come a long way.

There you go Booney.....Caro said it so it must be true :lol:
by Dutchy
Tue Jul 04, 2017 10:09 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: u18's

Brighton, play on the edge? :shock:

Complete opposite of how they played in the SFL.
by Dutchy
Wed Jul 05, 2017 10:02 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Southern Football League

Congratulations to the players selected for the Southern Districts team to contest the State Country Football Championships this weekend in Murray Bridge. * = Under 21 player

Cove
*James Farrugia
Scott O'Shaughnessy
Michael Galley

Flagstaff Hill
Michael Shearer (Capt)
*Casey Davies
*Joshua Vandermeer
Samuel Smith
Bradley Kirk

Morphett Vale
*Aiden Baker

Noarlunga
Danny Irvine
*Troy Johnson
Dudley United
Peter Reichelt

Encounter Bay
Eli Horrocks
Tyson Davis-Neale
Ben Miels
Hamish Tonkin

Langhorne Creek
Matthew Tonkin
Curtis Perry

Strathalbyn
Michael Elliot
Ben Simounds

Victor Harbor
*Anton Vizarri
Tarquin Brown (V/Capt)

Willunga
Marcus Burdett
Ryan Sherry
Samuel Alexopoulos
by Dutchy
Fri Jul 07, 2017 7:42 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Round 16

PatowalongaPirate wrote:My Friday Forecast :

- The Bont to almost drag the Dogs over the line

He is the only one out there one grabbing everything...pure class
by Dutchy
Fri Jul 07, 2017 9:30 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |