Search found more than 1970 matches

Return

Re: R12: West v Eagles - Saturday @ Richmond

Wedgie wrote:I think you'll find Ramrod quiet for about a month. :)

Just the 1 month? :?
by JK
Tue Jul 07, 2015 11:14 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that make you laugh

Lightning McQueen wrote:
Booney wrote:I see the problem here. It's tennis. Tennis is shit.

It should be played naked

Next thing you'll want the blokes playing 7 sets
by JK
Tue Jul 07, 2015 12:57 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: General tv discussion thread - good, bad, axings etc etc

Hard to find two more enjoyable characters than Hank Moody and Charlie Runkle
by JK
Tue Jul 07, 2015 7:46 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Most Improved?

Blicavs?
by JK
Wed Jul 08, 2015 10:43 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Most Improved?

Lightning McQueen wrote:Western Bulldogs.

Easton Wood probably fits the category from what I've seen of them
by JK
Wed Jul 08, 2015 10:36 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 15 and we're into the home stretch

Richmond getting a fair old ride this quarter
by JK
Fri Jul 10, 2015 10:08 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Horse Racing Tips & Discussion

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:
JK wrote:Always great when your selections run 2nd and 3rd in last leg of Quaddie FFS!!!

no saver???

$100k jackpot in QLD tomorrow

I expect you to be buttering up

Have had a token dip .. Only two problems - I suck at Quaddies and I suck in Qld lol. More chance than Lotto I guess ;)
by JK
Sat Jul 11, 2015 12:45 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: R13: Norwood v Port - Saturday 11 July @ Norwood

Booney wrote:
another grub wrote:It was an official apparently and he has been tkld to pull his head in.

So a Neville Nobody? Right, thanks Grub.

One nobody to another, seems fair ;)
by JK
Mon Jul 13, 2015 9:37 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that you rate!

Good thing you drew it mate, probably not a lot there that could read such a high number ;)
by JK
Mon Jul 13, 2015 9:39 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: R13: Norwood v Port - Saturday 11 July @ Norwood

The verbal attacks on mitchell and butcher go a bit over the top, they areyoung men just trying to have a kick of footy and cop far to much abuse from supporters at this level. All day its relentless. I reckon they do a good job of ignoring the tirade (most of the time).
Anyone would think the other sanfl clubs have never played a borderline afl player before.

They have, and they copped it from supporters as well.

AG, do you think the verbals are more virulent than they were in the past?

I certainly do. I know what I've been on the end of* is certainly more than I've experienced in the past. "Meet you in the car park" type stuff.

That's their first mistake, thinking you drove to the footy ;)
by JK
Mon Jul 13, 2015 10:10 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: What Are You Listening To Now?

Just found this whilst browsing Youtbe ... Ideal for those Metallica fans that like to cuddle up with their sister after a few relaxing jars of shine ..

by JK
Mon Jul 13, 2015 8:03 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

See, for me, season one was fantastic - there was more football-related storyline, less drama.
Two was rubbish, due to the series needing to be wrapped up quickly because of the writers' strike.
Three and four, I thought were 'meh".
So many loose ends throughout.

* Landry/Tyra's big, big storyline is mistreated, not dealt with and almost forgotten.
* In season four, threats are made to Vince, which never actually seem to be dealt with - he breezes away as if they were never made.
* How do Smash and Tyra fare?
* What happened to Santiago?
* Luke parent's keep coming to games and cheering their son, despite what's happened between them; Coach never really talks to him about it.
* A central character gets an amazing job, yet you never hear of him again, not even via his best mate.
* In the final season, there's a storyline happening around Becky, with no explanation as to how it's occurred.

I dunno, maybe I'm being too forensic.

I enjoyed the show, thought it was great escapism. There were plot holes for sure, and apparent mid story directional changes, but it didn't affect things to much for me, just enjoyed watching the relationships between characters, and favourite characters like Riggins, Coach, Buddy etc.

Agreed the first season was the best, but once the eye candy effect of Lyla wore off and her acting ability came to the fore, I couldn't wait for her to get the boot.
by JK
Tue Jul 14, 2015 10:59 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide United v Liverpool

RustyCage wrote:I thought an event like this would have sold out ages ago

Pretty sure it did, but there were additional releases of tickets
by JK
Wed Jul 15, 2015 9:20 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Horse Racing Tips & Discussion

Can't find better than $41, which one of you buggers plonked it???
by JK
Thu Jul 16, 2015 9:41 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Betting Sites, Good or Bad

How do you withdraw cash from this shitcluster site? They are not beating me THAT easily

No idea as I dont bet with them but I hope its better than Sportsbet

Whats wrong with Sportsbet?

Made a withdrawal

rang up to enquire about the transfer a few days later

some woman told me that I had lost my money when it wasnt there to bet with anyway.

Thats the short of it

banned

Yeah right, that sounds pretty poor .. Gotta say Ive found Sportsbet the best for pay out times and withdrawals .. That was a while ago though, back when I used to win lol :lol:
by JK
Sat Jul 18, 2015 12:25 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: What The F***

Mick Fannings brush with a shark
by JK
Mon Jul 20, 2015 12:54 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Im going tonight for the spectacle and my son loves Liverpool, what sort of team will they put on the park, reasonably strong?

I reckon we need some mileage in the legs of our better players, so those that came should see decent minutes (Henderson, Skrtel, Mignolet, Lallana, Can, Ibe etc). Firmino and Coutinho didn't make the trip and they're (hopefully) our two most creative players.

Many non-Liverpool fans would question how good a team we're putting on the park even at full strength lol (and fair enough too)
by JK
Mon Jul 20, 2015 2:26 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that make you laugh

The Cat my missus and 2 young lads had adopted, had gone missing for two days and the family had started fearing the worst.

The missus leaves with the kids this morning and returns in a hurry after the 4 year old had mentioned the cat was under his bed. The missus crammed a mattress under his bed on Saturday without realising the Cat was under there and it had been stuck there for 2 days.

My joy was shortlived but at least the bride and kids are happy I guess.
by JK
Tue Jul 21, 2015 1:42 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Dogwatcher wrote:Okay, now Friday Night Lights is done, I need a new show to watch.
Something I can watch while I'm on the exercise bike/stretching, so something with a bit of life in it.

Any thoughts?

Arrested Development?
by JK
Wed Jul 22, 2015 3:59 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Restaurant & Pub Reviews

Years ago, well before the excellent beer garden came along, the Seaton used to do a great Mixed Grill for relatively bugger all (about $10). Other than that, I've always found their food pretty average. Not crap and not great, just average. Majority of their food is deep fried, and I get that means oil, but their food always seems extra greasy. Prefer the Woodville for a decent well priced feed.
by JK
Thu Jul 23, 2015 12:27 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Premiership Odds SANFL 2015

I think West are the best value. Whilst I don't think anyone can stop the Eagles (bar maybe Port, if everything came together for them), Westies will finish top 3 I reckon and give themselves a decent chance.
by JK
Tue Jul 28, 2015 11:09 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Sydney Swans 2015

What a joke. If people want to boo let them boo. Is it that big a deal . Realy?

it is now...

Yeah I reckon enough's enough. People are entitled to boo at the footy if they want and like or dislike whomever they choose for whatever reason they choose, but the bloke's been through enough imho. Points been made he isn't popular among many. Be nice to see it end.
by JK
Tue Jul 28, 2015 1:57 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Dogwatcher wrote:Yeah, but half the crap you yell at the footy, you wouldn't say to someone's face.
In fact, half the shit we say to people on this forum, we wouldn't say to each other's faces.

My shout (yeah you're right, good point)
by JK
Tue Jul 28, 2015 3:32 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Open Mike

Whilst he's not a household name, I thought this week's episode with Bluey McGrath was pretty good .. Seems like a good bloke.
by JK
Wed Jul 29, 2015 9:23 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Mike Sheahan's Teams of decades - 60's to 00's

No Cousins because of his off field issues. Yep :roll:

Difficulty with things like this - who does he replace? He was a gun no doubt, but the team is full of them.

Did more in the 2000's than Crawford, Ricciuto and Lappin IMO.

Im sure he did a lot more lol .. But fair point, those three were all great players too though. Think it just comes down to each individual selecting THEIR team,
by JK
Thu Jul 30, 2015 11:13 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Jockey Challenge

Gosford Race 3 No. 2 - Sorry, bit late with my tip
by JK
Thu Jul 30, 2015 2:44 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Gozu wrote:I think it's pretty clear the girl doesn't come from the greatest stock.

Which is why the media should be held responsible for worsening the issue by going after an easy target.
by JK
Thu Jul 30, 2015 3:14 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

He'd probably think "Meh, it's only Arsenal"
by JK
Sat Aug 01, 2015 4:12 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

82 Thai at Grange.

Missus had been before so was keen to get me there to see if her inflated opinion was on the mark.

Started with 2 x Entree's - Scallops and some dumpling things (Prawn and Pork mince IIRC) - Both were exceptional. In fact the Scallops had some of the best combination of flavours I've ever tasted (Soy, Lime, Fish Roe, Fresh Chilli & Coriander). Good start!

Ordered 3 Mains to share, along with a steamed rice. The mains were:

- Seafood Dish with Fish, heaps of squid, coupla prawns, all in a mostly Soy based Sauce with Fresh Chilli.
- A Crispy Pork dish off the specials board (which I believe features quite often) which was pretty good, although possibly slightly overcooked. Accompanying veggies were brilliant too.
- A Chilli Chicken Fried Rice - No glug, very clean and hit the spot.

For 3 x Mains, 2 x Entree's, 1 x Steamed Rice, 1 x Glass of Wine, 1 x Large Mineral Water, total came to $99 which was pretty reasonable. Missus reckons theres a %25 off in the Ent book but she decided to save it for a later date. I was OK with that because she paid anyway. :D (Although I'll probably pay the Credit Card bill when it comes in anyway :( )

Staff were friendly, and all meals were served easily within an acceptable timeframe.

Rating 7.0/10 - Would happily recommend and look forward to getting back there someday.
by JK
Mon Aug 03, 2015 7:03 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Finals Series

another grub wrote:I wouldnt be to worried about port. Im just glad the ravens cant make it.

They can .. South need 1 more win/draw from their remaining games to be safe and make it impossible for the Ravens. South play them next round followed by West, Port and Central
by JK
Mon Aug 03, 2015 1:32 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Good revue. Not to question your rating but your description sounds more like an 8 than a 7.

Thank God the reviews have improved from people talking about KFC during my sabbatical.

Yep I'll confess I struggled with the rating. Probably put off by the peanuts on the FB VDR page giving out 5/5 everytime they try a new pup. I always go conservative, but an 8/10 wouldn't have been unreasonable.
by JK
Tue Aug 04, 2015 9:06 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The never ending No AFL in the SANFL whinge thread

Again I come back to the lack of accountability and transparency on the sale of West Lakes. $70mil for something once reported to be as high as $300mil is obviously a massive variance. That $300mil if managed correctly (always questionable where the SANFL is concerned) was surely enough to protect the standard and future of the competition and its clubs.
by JK
Wed Aug 05, 2015 3:15 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

So yes, i agree with others that there should be a national AFL reserves comp. But this will also hurt the SANFL. It will be "pure" as some people want it, but it will be at a much lower standard, and with that will come continued dwindling crowds.

It shouldn't have to be, but I fear you're right.

One thing I've always disliked about modern footy, is that any and every kid is given the opportunity to play AFL if good enough, but once they've been removed from the AFL system there goes any reasonable chance to make a living from the sport. The AFL won't spend any money on players other than for development purposes. The argument is if players aren't playing in their competition then why should they? But I would have thought they were also custodians of the game? Hard to do justice to that role when you're eyeing off dollar the game makes around the country and want it all for your own.

If/when a national Reserves competition comes into play, it would be nice (in a dream world) if the AFL and other leagues agreed on top-up players not being older than 24. It would then leave a pretty decent pool of talent for the SANFL, VFL, WAFL etc to function almost as D-Leagues, where players could ply their onfield trade for decent remuneration. Perhaps not enough to make a living from, but certainly enough to subsidise other employment income for a healthy earning whilst they're playing.

AFL would remain the best standard, other leagues would stay strong (or increase in strength), and a pool of ready made mature aged players exists for AFL clubs should they have a need. Win/win I would have thought, but I appear to be on my pat malone with that one.
by JK
Wed Aug 05, 2015 6:52 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Australian cricket & the future

Whilst I can't stand T20 and the effect it's had on the game, surely its not the be all of our issues? Other countries would face the same problem, hell the Poms invented the game. Would be interesting to go back and see if 50 over cricket, when first introduced, had a similar effect
by JK
Sun Aug 09, 2015 8:32 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Diary of some pregnant blokes

Missus and I got plucked from the class to stand up the front and demonstrate me standing behind her and rocking her. Once I told the room "This is what got us into this mess in the first place" we weren't chosen as models again and I could sit back down and read SAFooty and Tatts.com on my phone.
by JK
Tue Aug 11, 2015 2:28 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Mr September

SEN were holding some pretty good discussion this morning after one of the Melbourne journos (think it was Jon Ralph) labelled Shaun Burgoyne as "Mr September".

Prompted some pretty entertaining calls, one of which mentioned a Brisbane ruckman you hardly saw from rounds 3-18, yet he'd be there every GF day playing well. Phil Baker from North was another name mentioned.

Crows fans I'd imagine would be quick to chuck Andrew McLeods name up and with good reason.

Any other players that have a habit of finding their best form in September?
I was thinking you'd have a selfie with your shirt off when I read the title.

I have, but can't find my selfie stick
by JK
Wed Aug 12, 2015 1:42 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Mr September

Dogwatcher wrote:Your selfie stick...it's usually in your hand.

If I had a dollar for every time that insinuation was made I'd be $13 richer (this week)
by JK
Wed Aug 12, 2015 1:54 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

This topic has plummeted to new lows. Going to catch the running sheet soon if this tomfoolery continues.
by JK
Fri Aug 14, 2015 1:10 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 20 and it's getting fair dinkum

The members of this site really coming to the fore
by JK
Fri Aug 14, 2015 8:15 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 20 and it's getting fair dinkum

That just plain sux. Don't think there's be anyone wouldn't admire the way Parker plays he game
by JK
Fri Aug 14, 2015 10:32 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Wristy is the Charles Manson of this thread/cult and as such needs to take control, maybe Soup Nazi style, and get this backyard back in order.
by JK
Fri Aug 14, 2015 6:05 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

“And this year, I again think that on all measures apart from one the SANFL has more interest in it." - Jake Parkinson

LMFAO

He can't be that deluded, surely he's just lying.

No doubt it's a great solution for the AFL clubs, and we can't blame them for being in the comp .. But it's a crap solution for the 8 true clubs and we can blame 6 of those
by JK
Sun Aug 16, 2015 12:48 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

You can have a 10 for your review though, standing ovation for that effort!!
by JK
Sun Aug 16, 2015 6:26 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Essendon 2014

Dogwatcher wrote:Given where that hand's going, I'm worried about the relentless pressure....

Bomber seems alright with it
by JK
Wed Aug 19, 2015 12:39 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SANFL Tribunal News & Discussions

Alleway penalty reduced to $750 fine apparently - Dedja made a point of telling me to pass it onto @Centurion
by JK
Thu Aug 20, 2015 7:45 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 21 stuff

Hombsch having another excellent game
by JK
Fri Aug 21, 2015 9:04 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 21 stuff

Sammy Gray been excellent tonight
by JK
Fri Aug 21, 2015 10:46 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: USA-South Korea / North Korea Conflict

Bully wrote:yes the speakers are there and then the north did the same with speakers on their side

No wonder they're crazy ****, 24hrs of Gangam Style on repeat would mess with anyone
by JK
Sat Aug 22, 2015 9:41 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 18 Live scores and chat

Nice win by the Bloods

Norwood our our new bitches, we have won one in a row ;)

Need two wins for bitch status so you might have to wait for next year ;)

If anyone hadn't already noticed, Norwood aren't capable of the same footy as the last 3-5 years. Westies on the other hand play an attractive attacking brand, well it would have been attractive had it not been against my mob. Good luck in the finals mate.
Just getting a win over Norwood is almost like a finals win after the last few seasons efforts against them

Glad you took my comment with the jest intended JK

Too easy mate ... If my boys can't (and it appears that way) then Im more than happy for yours to go well in September
by JK
Sat Aug 22, 2015 6:38 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: West vs Norwood City Mazda 2.10pm

silent hour wrote:Yes didn't expect that result thought the way Norwood started the first quarter it was going to be another big loss. Hopefully we can defeat Power reserves next Sunday to hold onto 3rd spot.

You're good enough, your boys just need to believe they are
by JK
Mon Aug 24, 2015 9:43 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |