Search found 1 match

Return

Re: Rnd 2 - Central v Norwood @ Playford Alive Oval (Sat 12/

I was never convinced about two things for this season. The first being the entry of the two AFL reserves teams (with the spin in that it will be good for the local clubs) and the second being the even more outrageous spin that channel 7's telecast will improve the profile of the SANFL.

Well this week's scheduling of the the Central District vs Norwood game is a disgrace. Channel 7 needs to honour its big bucks commitment to AFL telecast on Saturday afternoon so its the SANFL schedule, clubs and supporters that suffer. I have watched the reserves then league games for all 20 rounds every year for the last 15 years. Now because of a corporate decision, if I wish to continue to support my club I have to arrange my day for a 9 am and 12 noon start. This is how the new television regime values the local football? That is, if Central District was to use this game to at last break even then beginning the league game just after noon when supporters are busy with junior sport or other commitments is a recipe to ensure this will not happen. Basically, it's stuff the long term local supporters and their clubs just so the corporate TV network can maximise their corporate bucks.

This is a very bad joke Mr Olsen and Mr Whicker, not that you give a rat's. I wonder if there was any fine print to the agreement to televise one SANFL game per week or simply that channel 7 televised one game a week. This is another example of Corporations moving in to monopolise a market and when they do they basically reorganise everything to suit their self serving needs. So the score is corporate TV 1, community football supporters 0. I suspect the margin with this score line will only increase as the season progresses.
by Icedog
Wed Apr 09, 2014 7:17 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |