Search found 160 matches

Return

Re: R3 Glenelg V Eagles Monday 7.40

Eagles look like getting back D Menzel, Toumpas and Knight. McFarlane and Thompson will miss.

There must also be quite some doubt as to Troy Menzel playing this year. Not sure of the circumstances as to when he hurt the knee.
Troy first injured his knee in round 2 last year and missed about 6 weeks, before coming back for another few weeks and then re-injuring it in about round 13.

Apparently he had the LARS surgery for an ACL when he was a junior (this was the surgery they were doing for some ACLs which only had a 3 month recovery time). After he injured the knee in round 2, the scans showed that his ACL had essentially dissolved to nothing, which apparently is not uncommon for those who have had the LARS surgery.

He's still listed as 4 months away, but like most 12 month ACL injuries, you wouldn't expect much from him even if he does come back this year.
Troy should look to his future beyond footy if any doubts.
by goddy11
Thu Apr 20, 2023 10:57 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SANFL 2023 season

According to Facebook “a little bit of SANFL news. EAGLESWWTFC will be on the hunt for a new coach in 2024 with dual premiership coach Jade Sheedy telling his players he's moving on.
Sad for us. Jade has been a fantastic choice for the club as a coach. 2 Premierships.

I am wishing him the best. At least we have a head start to find a replacement.
by goddy11
Tue Aug 01, 2023 3:52 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Great Southern Football League

Looks like Butcher has decided he’s a Pongy player with Maffra out of final’s contention.
I wonder how happy the people in power are with the way the clearances in and out have been handled.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Watched him yesterday. Looked poor and not interested imho. :( I hope he lifts for the finals.

The match itself was very entertaining. Pongy led all match but MC was always pegging the lead back. I thought well umpired as well. (Apart from a disallowed Pony goal where the player ran too far. ;) )
by goddy11
Sun Aug 27, 2023 10:34 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2023 Grand Final, Glenelg v Sturt

Just watching the VFL Grand Final at the same time as SANFL. Has the SANFL done bad by the comp by changing GF day. We had a stand alone game with a national audience a few years back. Now the VFL GF is on 7+ nationwide except for SA.
by goddy11
Sun Sep 24, 2023 4:40 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2023 Best & Fairest Winners

The Maughan Thiem Kia Eagles Club Champion is JAMES ROWE - our 2023 Perce Johns Medal winner
by goddy11
Sat Oct 07, 2023 11:12 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Membership numbers

119 is a number I keep hearing at Port Adelaide. ;)
by goddy11
Thu Oct 12, 2023 1:52 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: INS and OUTS for 2024

Dogs sign Kai Pudney from WWT. Any good?

]

Hitting targets by foot?

Lets face it with this blokes alleged tank and his competitiveness. If he could hit targets he wouldnt be playing SANFL.

There was a play, I think 2022, where he'd worked back to the defensive goal square and could've easily marked the ball, but hesitated, let it bounce and watched the ball go through for a goal. The closest person to him was the goal umpire. It was very difficult to work out what he could've possibly been thinking. So there are a few things to work on besides the disposal.[/quote]

Fair go. He is a more than decent player. Will be best 22 at the dogs.
by goddy11
Sat Oct 28, 2023 3:58 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The never ending No AFL in the SANFL whinge thread

Interesting to see how they justify the expense…

Couldn’t be a cheap exercise to fly an extra 22 players and support staff interstate every second weekend.

If all home games are afl curtain raisers could they would be operating at a loss playing him games in front of 1000 sanfl fans I imagine.

They will ask the SANFL for a non-repayable loan.
by goddy11
Sun Dec 03, 2023 8:04 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: WAFL v SANFL Sunday 19th May

It’s like 10,000 spoons when all you need is a knife.[/quote]
I reckon Woodville and Torrens might have a few spoons between them...[/quote]

Glenelg 20 spoons
Woodvlle 9 spoons
Torrens 5 spoons
[/quote]
Ah get forked :P :lol:[/quote]

Like lawyers always say "don't ask a question unless you already know the answer" :D :lol:
by goddy11
Sun May 19, 2024 5:56 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: WAFL v SANFL Sunday 19th May

"Well done for whining about noone commenting about a game that you provided no comment about. Why bother indeed."

I'm never sure how to use the word "irony"

It’s like 10,000 spoons when all you need is a knife.
I reckon Woodville and Torrens might have a few spoons between them...

Glenelg 20 spoons
Woodvlle 9 spoons
Torrens 5 spoons

spoons.jpg
by goddy11
Sun May 19, 2024 5:25 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |