Search found 71 matches

Return

Re: Coronavirus (Covid19)

A lot of chat around either we wait fir vaccine 18 months or lock the elderly away and let the rest of us continue on and get the virus which will then mean community transmission will become lower as a lot of people in the younger age will get it and get over quickly and then become immune to it.....if this is the option they go for by end of May most of us will be back working and continuing on
My opinion is this is the way the gov will go as we cannot afford economically to have a 12 - 18 month lockdown
And yes young people may die from the infection during this process.
Sounds like Facebook.
by Spangas
Tue Apr 07, 2020 11:53 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Missus just got the news her hours and thus pay are being reduced - Anyone know if she's able to claim a partial amount through one of the government stimulus measures, or is she better to see if they'll sack her?
Sorry to hear that mate. Look up the 'Job Keeper Payment'. https://treasury.gov.au/sites/default/files/2020-04/Fact_sheet_Info_for_Employees_0.pdf
The Government is giving employers $1500 per fortnight to pass on in full to their employees (up to 6 months). If she's currently earning more than that it's up to the employer to 'top-up' her pay or not. That's if her employer registers for the package as well. If she's sacked she may be entitled to the 'Job Seeker ' $1100 per fortnight.

As far as other benefits go it depends on household income. My hours are more than likely going to be reduced (we're a single income family of 4), and I know I earn 'too much' (just under 50K after tax) to be able to claim any other benefit apart from Family Tax A & B (2 kids under 6).
Certainly is a shitty year!
by Spangas
Wed Apr 08, 2020 2:29 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Royal Adelaide show cancelled
That's 5 month away. Shows me that we are in this for a long time yet

Absolutely, anyone thinking we're close to the end of this is getting ahead of themselves.

Someone in authority is going to have to sign off on "It's safe to go back about your business", how many boxes will they have to check to be happy doing so?

We'll need at least 4 weeks, maybe 6, of >2 new cases per day.
It's all media-driven crap. At the beginning of all this, it was COUNTRY WILL LOCKDOWN! Now, it's WHEN WILL THE LOCKDOWN END?
by Spangas
Tue Apr 14, 2020 1:30 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

There's a chance the behaviour changes we are all making ( washing hands , no hand shakes/hugs, 1.5m ) will stay with us as we're hard to train but even harder to retrain we might see a slight fall in communicable diseases.
The fact it has taken a pandemic to highlight the importance of washing hands to the majority of the population astounds me.
by Spangas
Tue Apr 14, 2020 3:55 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Lightning McQueen wrote:I find it ironic that Virgin are the first ones f*****d.
by Spangas
Tue Apr 21, 2020 2:03 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Your poison of choice?

I only see drinking as a big problem if you're drinking to change.
by Spangas
Tue Apr 21, 2020 2:00 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Crows 2020

Anything on top of his legal punishment is over the top.
Dickhead act by a young man. Hopefully, he'll learn his lesson.
The fact we hold footballers up as role models leaves me dumbfounded.
by Spangas
Tue Apr 21, 2020 4:25 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that you rate!

Balaklava. Been jumping around the holes a bit to play mainly par 3s. Yesterday we played the same 2 holes (3 and 10) 3 times each as they back on to each other. Have putting contests etc to keep the fun up.
I used to spend ages hitting balls off of the 3rd. Great hole for practising your short irons.
by Spangas
Mon Apr 27, 2020 2:07 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Lightning McQueen wrote: As for golf, I think it should be groups of 4, it's not as though you are ever really in close proximity of anyone.

Sounds like whenever I play. Tee off together...meet you on the green.
by Spangas
Tue Apr 28, 2020 10:28 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Well lets be honest the planet probably needs a fair few more than that really.

Harsh reality, mother nature is just looking to protect itself from us.

If we are not going to put in laws to stop over populating the planet, mother nature will have its ways and means.
...or some Asian bloke ate a bat.
by Spangas
Thu Apr 30, 2020 11:04 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that give you the sh1ts

Spargo wrote:We don’t have the room inside...

Who wouldn't want this inside?
by Spangas
Fri May 01, 2020 2:02 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Getting active cases down to zero before lifting restrictions won't eliminate the virus (it's here to stay). The best way to contain the spread and not overload the health system it is to keep social distancing and advertise the need for good hand hygiene (you may think your pecker is clean, but that doesn't mean you don't have to wash your hands). For the Government, it's going to be a case of damned if you do and damned if you don't because Businesses can't stay closed forever.
by Spangas
Tue May 05, 2020 1:08 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

MW wrote:I dare say he's contracted it here and it's a coincidence the symptoms that happened 24th March.
If not and its lingering for 6 weeks we are all doomed.

The virus is here to stay. Restrictions are not.
by Spangas
Thu May 07, 2020 4:50 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: I need to know....

We will have it all sorted before we make an offer and have an in-principal loan for the amount we will offer.

That gives you power over competition then, some vendors will take a lower offer knowing the contact is unconditional and they can settle in 30 days time, it gives them some certainty. Whereas if they take a higher offer, but subject to finance, and it falls thru they have wasted 3 weeks and if they have a mortgage over the property it has cost them 3 weeks of interest only to be back at square one.

You wouldn't be selling right now unless you had to so I think there is some scope to pick up a bargain.
Definitely. Just be wary of the agent selling the property as they're not there to help you.
by Spangas
Thu May 21, 2020 12:04 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Lightning McQueen wrote:
Jimmy_041 wrote:
You say I have a differing view to many of you. I don't.
Dont you have to put one of those emoji things on here when you make deliberately provoking assumptive comments?

But you nailed BC............ 8)

No I haven't, he hasn't even bought me a drink.

Like you need to be bought a drink.
by Spangas
Wed May 27, 2020 10:59 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I’m glad you listed Lesotho as I was wondering how they were going.

Umm hate to point it out, but um, technically he left out Lesotho..... bring on the hate!
Just in case posters from Lesotho do get upset, your country has 2 confirmed cases.
source: https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2020/05/spain-mourn-coronavirus-dead-live-updates-200526234403325.html
by Spangas
Thu May 28, 2020 10:36 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL 2020 Season

MW wrote:Sam McClure threatening to resign to Eddie McGuire over twitter after their spat on Classified last night...the funniest part is he's doing it on ethical and moral grounds for not pushing the Jack Steven story based on mental health grounds! F..king hypocrite.

I'd accept the peanut's resignation.
by Spangas
Thu May 28, 2020 11:08 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I get jealous of my 6-year-old when he tells me they do 'relaxation' at school every afternoon: they turn off the lights, put on soft music and lay on the ground for 30 minutes.
The wife has a "quiet room" at her work that you can go to if you need peace to concentrate.
I wish I had a room like that at home.
by Spangas
Tue Jun 02, 2020 4:32 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Actually i wonder if Police were made to take holidays etc and or laid off like everyone else since they wouldve had nothing to do since the restrictions were implemented. Could that have been why the protest went ahead, didnt have the resources to stop it?
On the contrary, when restrictions were first implemented all police leave that I know of was cancelled as it was all hands on deck. Police spent most of their time attending domestic violence calls...Joe Citizen would be surprised at the shit cops have to deal with on an daily basis.
by Spangas
Wed Jun 10, 2020 12:08 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Cancel Culture

woodublieve12 wrote:
Booney wrote:Statues being torn down.

Movies, TV shows being removed from streaming services.

World gone completely mad.

zero issue with the statues been torn down and thrown in rivers... Especially the civil war ones in america

I have zero issues with degenerates getting sconed in the head while doing it.
by Spangas
Fri Jun 12, 2020 10:48 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |