Search found more than 2941 matches

Return

Re: 2023 Adelaide Footy League - Division 7

Bedge's D7 TOTY
F: Trevor Rigney (OSB), Daniel Weetra (PH), Jake Martin (HD)
HF: Luke Allan (HACK), Austinn Wurst (OSB), Luke Warland (FU)
C: Harrison Kaesler (OSB), Daniel Tanczos (IF), Matt Travis (PH)
HB: Karim Hyrnkiw (PH), Shannon Schroeter (PH), Mason Pitt (IF)
B: Adam Rigney (OSB), Brandon McGuire (IF), Dylan Tippett (HD)

Ruck: Matt Tassell (MP), Braden Hart (PH), Terrell Rigney (IF)

Int: Anthony Jenkinson (ML), Brandon Walczak (MP), Kodi Sparks (HD)
by The Bedge
Tue Aug 22, 2023 10:30 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: I need to know....

This is a serious question. Why are there so many lesbians in women's sport?
My question would be, why does there seem to be less (very rare) men that are homosexual in sport?

Is it coz it seems "normal" to expect that women who compete in sport prefer same-sex relationships, yet still seems like maybe it's taboo or not masculine for males to do so?

For what it's worth, before someone says it - no it doesn't matter, certainly doesn't bother me in the slightest.. just curious.
by The Bedge
Tue Aug 22, 2023 5:04 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Feel free to have a go at it. :)
by The Bedge
Tue Aug 22, 2023 11:21 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adel Footy League- Women's

Still stuns me - and makes me laugh - that every year the same carry on & outrage about paying to get into finals occurs.

It’s been happening every year for as long as I can recall.. and reality is if you want to watch your kid / partner / parent / friend / aunt / uncle whatever.. you’ll pay the pissy entry fee asked and enjoy the day. Same as everyone else has done since Jesus was in primary school.

I’d gladly pay $15 for an opportunity to watch my club win a flag.
by The Bedge
Thu Aug 24, 2023 8:54 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adel Footy League- Women's

It's not about that, it's about encouraging people who have no connection to the teams/sport to attend. I would think growing the sport is still important.
Disagree.. they'll either go - or they wont.. the cost wont be a factor, and if it is, then you really don't have much interest in attending anyway.
by The Bedge
Thu Aug 24, 2023 3:25 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

carey wrote:No discussion on this? Hmmm interesting :-?

What's to discuss? Player was reported and red carded end of game for striking, will go through normal tribunal process.
by The Bedge
Tue Aug 29, 2023 2:34 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Yes, we have continual work that is required to culture and behavior. We aren't naïve to it, or turning a blind eye. As a club we are constantly trying to improve, do the right things but most of all educate and make our members understand. It's actually not easy.

This year we have experienced incredible growth, and obviously on field success - success that frankly is foreign to a lot of people.. but with winning comes greater attention, scrutiny and often antagonising from opposition. No one gave two shits when we were easy beats, now we are winning. We have members who struggle with that, members who come from low socio-economic backgrounds, members who come from dysfunctional broken families and members who are "old school"... members who struggle to regulate their emotions or feel they need to display some "staunch" persona.

That's not to make excuses for peoples behaviour, drunken carry on, or on / off field incidents - we don't condone it.. but we are trying., and we will continue to try.. and we will weed out the bad eggs in time, and we will hopefully build something sustainable.

Don't claim to be perfect, don't justify peoples actions or behaviours.. but there are a LOT of good people at Ingle Farm, a lot of passionate, hard working people who want to do the right thing and have the best interests of the club, community and competition at heart.. and we have a lot of good people who want the same but aren't very good at knowing how to deliver that or cant regulate their emotions or struggle with zipping their mouths when drinking.

Personally, I think it's great seeing all the clubs in our area having success, I love seeing Para Hills having a good season (as well as Gepps, Kilburn and then up the road Modbury etc).. having been in the same position (as PH) I'm proud of them getting through some tough seasons finally getting reward, and it's good for competition and it's good for our communities.

No one is perfect, especially us.. but we aren't bad either. Please, don't let minorities dictate your perceptions on the club, give the good folk a chance to fix it. The weight of other peoples **** ups at the club sit heavily on the shoulders of those who care and invest effort, not just people involved in any incidents.
by The Bedge
Thu Aug 31, 2023 12:18 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2023 Silly Season

Brodlach wrote:
JK wrote:
Brodlach wrote:Sweet has asked to be traded to Port

Dude, what does mine say?

You’re lost me JK

Movie "Dude where's my car?"
by The Bedge
Wed Sep 13, 2023 7:15 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

CEO of the league instructed me to stay off the forums.. :-$

See you mob in November
by The Bedge
Sun Sep 17, 2023 5:24 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

That was one of the best weekends of my life, I can't remember the last time I had so much fun! The overwhelming relief of getting to the end of the season alone was great, let alone the win. It feels like a heavy boulder has been lifted from me.. for now! :D

Never seen the club like it was Saturday night, it was amazing, electric, good hearted, loving vibe.

Congratulations to Houghton on winning the B grade, they're a very good team - and play well as a team. I'm devastated for the loyal lads at Ingle Farm who have stuck through thick and thin, but sadly that's footy and that reserves GF was always going to go down to the wire.

Better team won on the day.
by The Bedge
Mon Sep 18, 2023 1:55 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2023 Adelaide Footy League - Division 3

old fullback wrote:Geez that young lad for Modbury, Murphy #17, he must take mark of the week nearly every week

Would look good back in Green and White..
by The Bedge
Thu Sep 14, 2023 10:04 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2023 Adelaide Footy League - Division 5

Great to see the turn around over recent years at Kilburn - firstly by being perilously close to folding due to debt, to surviving to 100yrs, to thriving and growing across all programs and finally winning two flags as the cherry on top.

Congratulations to all involved, and to those who busted their arses off to keep the club alive and remove the debt in the 1st place.
by The Bedge
Mon Sep 25, 2023 10:49 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Australian Domestic Season 2023/2024

Agar cameo was enjoyable! Didn’t pace the chase right and duly fall just short - but credit to WA - their bowling attack and plans are very good, and well supported in the field. Guys like Tye and Behrendorf are masters of their craft.

Very hard to find the boundary dealing with those two hitting a 20c coin on the wide line.
by The Bedge
Tue Sep 26, 2023 10:14 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: PDCA

Enfield dropped down??? No Bedgie involved or just battling for numbers.
Combination. I wanted to step back / away this season. Work is getting very demanding, and my involvement in footy this season took up a lot of time - I can't keep juggling multiple sport admin roles it's too difficult.

Sadly, though not surprisingly, no one else has made much effort to step up - perhaps I could've been a bit more abrasive in my efforts to drop my roles.

Players: Well no one seems to want to commit. Still have players sitting on the fence. A few have gone to other clubs, few are working, few are not interested in playing. As it stands right now, be lucky to fill any sides.

I decided I better get my backside into gear and get the ball rolling - as of yesterday we had no grounds booked, no team nominations, no captains, no training sessions, no communications, no junior coaches, no SACA affiliation.. nothing..

Last night ran a training session - had over 20 kids rock up, but only 5x seniors. It's personally getting harder and harder for me to find the motivation to put in the effort.

What frustrates me, is those who join the committee or become a captain - they do it for one year and then give up - and it's not like their jobs are hard. Albeit being a captain can be challenging.
by The Bedge
Wed Oct 04, 2023 8:20 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Yeah i only included you because you are in that position this year.
We mostly opted for one day competition this season because the trouble and burden trying to get people committed to play 2 day cricket is becoming increasingly difficult.

Yes though, we are in struggle town this season though - and prob be lucky to have a club.
by The Bedge
Wed Oct 04, 2023 11:04 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Is there something in the fact most of the clubs who have been solid established are stand-alone cricket clubs (Salisbury West, Craigmore, Atco, Eyre Royals, Enfield, OTH) vs football clubs who have football on the side (EP, CU, SM, SN). I know some of them are Sports club so operate seperately but essentially their cricketers are made up of the footballers.

Angle Vale given it was established well before the footy team (i believe) and had its own ground/clubrooms fits far more into the standalone category and has link with the footy club whatsover (Richo could answer this better)

Is the more professional nature of football these days taking away from their ability to also run cricket teams with the same core bunch of players, committee members etc.

My experience at Atco was that nearly none of the committee members thinking the likes of Dantonio's, Ormsbys, Ralphs were involved in amateur league football clubs at all despite enjoying the sport. It was always made up of nearly all cricket first people.
I think there is more in the fact of "bigger" clubs with a broader membership base being more sustainable than those with 1 or 2 teams.

I've never really been a fan of "pop up" clubs, each year you see one or two teams turn up with mates and join a competition. It's very rarely sustainable, and once they disappear it impacts the competition. Churches went the way of the Dodo bird off the back of having too many small clubs that only had one or two teams.. the clubs that survived (and still surviving) - Adel Lutheran, Enfield, Para Vista, Fitzroy all have regularly had 4 teams, and NEK has 2 consistent sides.

Reality is, if you are a 1 team club with say 15 members, it only takes you losing half a dozen from one year to the next, or a few blokes availability changing and you're struggling to field a side.
by The Bedge
Wed Oct 04, 2023 11:09 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Atco with the first win of the season.

Salisbury West forfeited their D Grade side. Without looking it up would be a very long time since SW only fielded 3 teams. Worrying times.
They're not alone in struggling this week - a lot of clubs are having difficulties.

Even Ingle Farm in ATCA were half a dozen players down last night.

Enfield - I'm still trying to fill the sides, have more than 2x teams worth of players U/A
by The Bedge
Fri Oct 06, 2023 10:20 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Are the seasons too close, i know it would be hard to fit the weeks of cricket in but what has it been....3(?) weeks for the sides who played in Ammo Grand Finals
Yes. At both ends of the seasons.

Was the best part about football this year, the gather round meant the start of AdFL season was pushed back by 2-3 weeks. Made a massive difference.
by The Bedge
Fri Oct 06, 2023 11:01 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: ASCA

They only lost because their match was unfairly moved, which resulted in thousands of fans being able to flock to the ancestral and spiritual home of Sutton Derby. 8)
by The Bedge
Mon Oct 09, 2023 4:37 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

We're in trouble this week.. Saturday night is India vs Pakistan in the world cup... it's like the biggest rivalry in their nation, means 90% of our club will be unavailable to play Saturday. :lol:
by The Bedge
Mon Oct 09, 2023 12:27 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2023 Adelaide footy League - Division 6

Purple Warrior wrote:Wasn't he suspended once for striking an umpire?
Seems like the right person to have in charge, loser club that will never change

Wasn’t it deemed careless contact at the time after a head clash following a ball up, and was 7yrs ago - played without incident since?
by The Bedge
Tue Oct 10, 2023 9:02 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Whilst that may be wrong, there is definitely some movement occurring at Brahma - and some of the dollars being spoken about to get players back in the door is ridiculous.

Would appear the cycle is set to continue..
by The Bedge
Fri Oct 13, 2023 10:11 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The Voice Referendum - Oct 2023

It's amazing the influence platforms like "tik tok" can have and the misinformation that was spread around.

I was disappointed in the 'No' result, but not surprised, and at the end of the day people can vote as they see fit - I felt like the who campaign was poor from the start.. but what really disappointed me the most was chatting to friends on Saturday night, who got their information off Tik Tok and Instagram.. they genuinely felt they were doing the right thing by ATSI people and had their best interests at heart because of shit they'd watched on social media platforms.

The best/worst quote I heard Saturday night "After watching this video (on tik tok), I really felt so sad and sorry for the Aboriginal people - I had to vote no!"
by The Bedge
Mon Oct 16, 2023 11:32 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2024 Adelaide Footy League - Division 7

D7 - $100 max per player, $1,000 max weekly cap.
D6 - $150 max per player, $1,500 max weekly cap.
D5 - $200 max per player, $,1750 max weekly cap.
D4 - $250 max per player, $2,500 max weekly cap.
D3 - $300 max per player, $3,000 max weekly cap.
D2 - $400 max per player, $3,500 max weekly cap.
D1 - $600 max per player, go your hardest max weekly cap.
by The Bedge
Thu Oct 26, 2023 3:24 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

If he's a gun, he'd already have my number. 8) :lol:
by The Bedge
Thu Oct 26, 2023 5:10 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Your value is what someone else is willing to pay so goodluck to them if they can get it.
Problem is someone, somewhere IS willing to pay it.. and these mongers ply their trade jumping from club to club with nothing but their own self interests at hand.. especially in the lower grades.

Chuck in some photo shaking hands with a coach or president looking all staunch like the savior, and have everyone kiss their arse for 10min only further adds to the inflation of ego and vindication.

I'd be a massive advocate for sliding/scaled salary cap from D1 to D7, and further more scaled max player payment for the division.

Sadly it's as much about protecting the club against themselves as it is about the integrity of the competition.
by The Bedge
Thu Oct 26, 2023 2:56 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Rules aside, I must say there is a different feeling around the comp, and some of the initiatives being trialed are good i.e. captains reports.

Even the increased presence on Facebook is a welcome sight - even if it's just scores at the moment, it's nice to know someone is putting in the effort to put them up each week and create some traffic.

It'll never be perfect, and we will always find something to complain about - but feels like there is new energy this year. Trying stuff. No just idly sitting by allowing things to continue because that's the way it's always been.
by The Bedge
Thu Nov 02, 2023 1:42 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Gaza FC - Salary Cap Breaches

“Coming out of Payneham I feel I know what it takes to turn a team around,” he said.

“I’ve got no expectations to turn Gaza around quickly but I know what hard work and togetherness can bring to a club and to a team.”

Pretty rich coming from a guy who walked out on his last A grade role before the season started because he deemed it in the too hard basket.
by The Bedge
Tue Nov 07, 2023 9:59 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2024 Adelaide Footy League - Division 6

If you're looking at Glenunga, have you seen the junior program? You invest in juniors, and you play higher grades. Its not rocket science. .
You can't compare Glenunga with say Eastern Park you dumb ****.

One is a club in an affluent area, flush with high end sponsors and families that are comfortable paying the best part of $350 - $400 in fees for their kid. A high functioning committee, members with white collar backgrounds and an area that is booming in Jnr footy.

The other is a working class, low socio-economic area where the footy club is the livelihood for many locals, but sponsorship is tough going and competing with local clubs for kids is even harder. Committee and members made up of passionate people trying to do best by their club, but often not having the ways or means. Families that might struggle to pay $200 in fees for their kids.
by The Bedge
Mon Nov 13, 2023 9:59 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

When I read your posts..

forrest.gif
by The Bedge
Mon Nov 13, 2023 11:41 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I don't know if you genuinely believe the tripe you put on here, or are just the ultimate troll.

Eastern Park - I can't recall them ever being in D6 to be honest. Not in the last 15yrs anyway.
Salisbury have dropped the past couple years but regularly around the D4-D5 mark.
Fitzroy have been in D6 for a while, and have a pretty healthy junior program.
Elizabeth had a good year in D6, and a bad year in D5, but have been around the D5-D6 mark for a while.

None of these sides have "tried the easy way and came crashing down". You also have no actual support to say they were paying stupid amounts for average players.

Clubs will fit where they may - not everyone can be a D1 - D2 club.
by The Bedge
Mon Nov 13, 2023 9:53 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Gaza FC - APPS Breaches

Gaza being their own worst enemy anyway - did I hear that if they co-operated with the CFB, they would've had majority of the fine suspended - and then provided a payment plan for the remainder?

Surely when you're staring down the barrel of something so significant, you swallow your pride, admit you messed up, plead for mercy and leniency and work with the powers that be to come to a resolution that works for all?

Can't imagine SANFL want to be seen as responsible for forcing the closure of a club that's 120yrs old.. but with the course Gaza are taking, they're not leaving much choice.
by The Bedge
Thu Nov 16, 2023 10:50 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Would bet the house that eastern park absolutely mauls everyone this year. Absolutely quality signings that are not only absolute guns but good blokes to play with and have a beer with after, to go with all the resigned players from last year and ones that left from the year before. Put everything on black that Chris Knapp will take them all the way and win the association medal, you’ve heard it here first.
Absolutely.
by The Bedge
Tue Nov 21, 2023 10:24 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

What kind of shit club signs kids up for $250 a game?!
by The Bedge
Thu Nov 23, 2023 6:56 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Soooooo, how's this weather?

Hope it buckets down tonight and tomorrow afternoon so I can get out of junior cricket and have a night off! :lol:
by The Bedge
Thu Nov 23, 2023 9:20 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

**** hope your coaching is better than your grammar.. :lol: 8)

Good luck young man, it’s good to see you get an opportunity at the top level regardless how the next 12 months plays out <3

Eastern Park v Central United grand final - dads will be thrilled they can attend all their kids grand final at the same ground and guaranteed one winner at least. 8)
by The Bedge
Sat Nov 25, 2023 4:34 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Pitch be good for batting this arvo, these two to put on 400 and save the day. :P
by The Bedge
Wed Nov 29, 2023 2:43 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Drove past Salisbury training last night. Lucky to have 20 blokes and most looked about 15 years old. Long year ahead.
It's **** November..

We started last night, but it's optional sessions pre-xmas once a week. We certainly aren't phased if we get 2, 20 or 200 out - really up to the players who are keen.

Seasons are so long as it is, yet every year feels like clubs want to make them even longer just to keep up / match everyone else.

Pre-xmas is largely a waste of time IMO... most blokes in this level are only gonna go on a 2 week bender over xmas / NYE anyway.
by The Bedge
Thu Nov 30, 2023 11:43 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

All over. Redbacks suck.
by The Bedge
Fri Dec 01, 2023 2:04 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: PAFC 2024

Zak Butters signs a 2 year contract extension keeping him at Alberton until the end of 2026.
You surprised it’s not longer?

Maybe a hint Butters will review the 'go home' factor at that point.
You just make shit up? :lol:

Prob more that his value will be double in 2026 and can negotiate a better contract.
by The Bedge
Mon Dec 04, 2023 10:35 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

carey wrote:At least its a change from him being in the bushes watching Men with nothing on.....

Apparently some people didn't appreciate my art... :roll:
by The Bedge
Thu Dec 07, 2023 9:27 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Community Cricket Structure

Cricket Blast is great value, and a great introduction.. unfortunately they’ve scraped the Master Blasters format so there is no program between entry level Blast and U10’s.

Participation numbers from SACA and CA are skewed coz they count kids they engage with in school programs, they couldn’t give a stuff about community cricket.

A shake up is needed, but at the moment T20 comps and tennis ball cricket is taking over.
by The Bedge
Fri Dec 08, 2023 10:48 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFLW 2023

She's just not a very good commentator, simple as that.

Women can be good commentators and sports experts - I like Isa Guha and Lisa Sthalekar.. didn't mind Mel Mclaughlin. Don't mind Abbey Holmes in the AFL.

Couple of the women in the NRL are good also.

I think it comes mostly down to comfort levels and experience, I think Pearce has the experience as a player, but comes across still awkward and uncomfortable at times - similar with Underwood.

However she knows women's footy, she's played it, she gets it.. she'll probably be a really good coach.
by The Bedge
Wed Dec 13, 2023 10:37 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I wouldn’t mind seeing a knockout cup like you have suggested instead of just the T20
SAMCA Cup thingy
Would be good really.. allocated a few Saturdays during the year for an FA Cup Knockout style competition.. play the final at Karen Rolton or something. Cash prize.

Don't set it up as KO inter-association first though, just stick everyone in a pool and draw opponents - would be a little exciting if 1st round you're drawn somewhere completely foreign. Each club one side only - whether your one side is in the lowest division of the poorest competition or the highest division of the best competition.

Make it 40 over game instead of T20 so there is a modicum of cricket and team ability required, not just one bloke having a day out off his 30 balls.

Hard wicket clubs only, stuff the ATCA snobs.
by The Bedge
Wed Dec 13, 2023 1:49 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

whufc wrote:unless you just did winners/top 2 from all the different comps around

Shit idea you stuck up elitist :P
by The Bedge
Fri Dec 15, 2023 11:50 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Australian International Summer 2023/24

This whole Warner carry on is a beat up - the point wasn't that he wasn't necessarily in the right form to play, or capable of performing, it was that the Aussies have an entire summer against weak opposition, and it was a perfect opportunity to blood the next wave into test cricket.

The grew more legs with the announcement it would be Warner's last summer - although it seems every series "is his last".

He was always going to fill his boots against these two bowling attacks (PAK and WI) - finish a hero.. but it's selfish as far as i'm concerned and we should've had an eye to the future.

Instead we potentially take an untried opener to NZ in March to play on green hooping decks, and put them immediately under the pump.
by The Bedge
Fri Dec 15, 2023 11:55 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Jim05 wrote:He is finishing in Sydney after the Pakistan series.
The new opener will get two tests against the Windies in Australia

**** him anyway :lol:
by The Bedge
Fri Dec 15, 2023 12:07 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

this time last year bryce street was making runs for fun but has dropped off the radar, 231 in 9 digs so far this summer
Really shows that SS is the best breeding ground, and more emphasis should be placed on SS in general - i'ts so hard to sustain form over multiple seasons unlike yesteryear when guys churned out runs for fun.
by The Bedge
Fri Dec 15, 2023 2:00 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Cap at 128 sides - that's potentially 7 matches / weeks required.

Be creative with the scheduling - associations provide two free Saturdays to allow, utilise public holiday / long weekends.. maybe the odd Sunday game or Friday night under lights.

Or leave 7x weeks free in associations through out the year, and when teams are knocked out, they play another eliminated side.. take seedings for the following season.

Means for a 3rd of the year you play some random side haha :D

Ah who knows, it's all too hard, but interesting chat.
by The Bedge
Fri Dec 15, 2023 2:10 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Even worse in his last 10 innings going at 25.

10, 0, 17, 14, 40, 43, 4, 1, 48, 77, 39, 7, 77, 16, 5 0..
Yeah horrible patch :roll:

Sorry the first numbers are his most recent.

Not horrible by any stretch....but if he was to continue to go at 29 for the next 12 months obviously his name would be back in the media.

I think he could be a really successful opener. I think his a better option than Smith, Green, Bancroft, Renshaw, Harris.
Gotta put those numbers into perspective too - not just take raw numbers.. what did others do? Did the side win? When did he come in? What was the mode of dismissal?
by The Bedge
Tue Jan 09, 2024 12:53 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |