Search found more than 2954 matches

Return

Re: How do i answer this

so i should tell my lad that its one rule for white people and another for the indigenous people?? and i should also pretend that i agree with all this tripe like a lot of misguided people are??

My 18yr old went thru the same thing at high school, the indigenous children had a special area only for them which they could go to at any time, they turn up late for class, no question would be asked, listen to music thru their earphones in class, refuse to stand for the anthem, basically be as disrespectful as the liked cos hey were allowed to get away with it, no explanation was ever offered and teachers wouldnt answer students questions about the different treatment you get depending on your colour
I'm not sure why you're so upset about what your 18yo went through last year - even if all that is true, I think you're forgetting some of the most important aspects of life - need to finish school to get a job.. need to finish school well to get tertiary education which leads to a better job..

Let the indigenous lads turn up late, let them sit there listening to music etc - end of the day, they'll finish school and be poorly educated and qualified and end up working for your son... perhaps invest your time in making sure your kid stays focussed on what he needs to do instead of being upset about what happens with other kids.
by The Bedge
Wed Aug 31, 2016 12:52 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: CH9AFL Division 6 2016

Interesting result with Phillips winning it - big unit goes alright but wouldn't have thought he was the best players in the division.

Played ok against us but wasn't as damaging or noticeable as Sumner, Nichols, Woodcock etc..

Andre Wilson - well think he single handedly won MP B grade a few games, very tough match up and exciting player to watch, it doesn't surprise me that he's won it. Thought Joel Clarke would've gone close to winning it as well.
by The Bedge
Fri Sep 02, 2016 9:28 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Prison Release Umpires

old farmer wrote:Great idea, would be a lot of footballers in there itching to get back involved in the game if they can.

I wouldn't say no if a couple were offered to Ingle Farm for a season to fill roles in our lower grades - be a massive relief on trying to find volunteers every week to fill those positions!
by The Bedge
Mon Sep 05, 2016 2:15 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I wouldn't complain much if they went to D7 :lol:
by The Bedge
Mon Sep 05, 2016 2:13 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Where will you be?

can confirm "one beer" with carey never ends well :lol:
by The Bedge
Thu Sep 01, 2016 10:41 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Marriage equality.

Doesn't phase me who people want to get married to - if they love each other and feel it's the right thing for them, then each to their own.

It's just a name change and piece of paper anyway - what's it really matter?
by The Bedge
Tue Sep 13, 2016 8:20 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Coaching Vacancies 2017

Wayne is the right fit for Mitchell Park at the current time I have no doubt. He will help bring the playing group together, create a level of stability and send a consistent message across the club as a whole - everyone will be pulling in the same direction, and hopefully Mitchell Pk will rediscover the consistency they need to remain out of D7 in future.

May not bring players with him, but has the gift of the gab and will help in securing sponsors and players if they're put in front of him I'm sure.

Good luck MP and HBF.
by The Bedge
Mon Sep 19, 2016 10:16 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: PDCA 2016 - 2017

carey wrote:I've blown quicker than JImmy! ;)

EFA :shock: :D
by The Bedge
Mon Sep 19, 2016 11:22 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Crows 2016

Booney wrote:“We’ve got some great midfielders, but they had some really great midfielders,” Walker said.”

Such a way with words big Tex :lol:
by The Bedge
Mon Sep 19, 2016 12:55 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: PDCA 2016 - 2017

Yeah very true zartan,I heard he use to hurl a few quick ones down ,is there any truth in that because he is the one that told me lol.
:lol: No doubt he did haha! Yeah jimmy was sharp when he wanted to be lol - I still remember watching him bowl v Smithfield on an overcast day at Rosies and Raed hit him for a couple of 6's off short balls.. and the further he hit them, the longer Jimmys run up go and the quicker they came in until he hit him in the grill and pushed it in so it was rubbing against his nose haha!

Oh he did say last year though to me when he was gonna come play "I don't bowl anymore, I want to open the batting and I might bowl a few overs of spin when I feel like it" :lol:
by The Bedge
Mon Sep 19, 2016 11:22 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Footy Chick wrote:Well that joke went straight over your head... ;)

Is it any surprise it went over his head :D :P
by The Bedge
Mon Sep 19, 2016 2:33 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Australian Domestic Season 2016/2017

It makes sense from one perspective but I wonder if it shields our players from developing the skills to adapt quickly to the different formats and requirements of each game?
I agree! Surely part of the challenge should be around adapting to the different formats at short notice.

Also what value is it if a bloke plays a great LO series, earns an Aussie call up on form - but isn't going to be playing 50 over cricket until late Jan? Cant expect them to carry through that form over a number of months.

Go back to the olden days I say. Keep your BBL block over xmas, that's clearly a massive winner for CA, but mix up the SS and ODD formats again.

How good attending a OD final in the warmer month of Feb!
by The Bedge
Tue Sep 27, 2016 11:47 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Soooooo, how's this weather?

We loved it, despite having a fully charged portable charger that fuilly charge's a phone 4 times from zero we told everyone that messaged us that we can't waste our phone battery unless it was an emergency.
We put our phones away, talked, went for a 5km run, lit a heap of candles and had some champers in the bath, managed to cook some salmon served with a garden salad.
It was funny watching people freak out in Woolies, arguing over candles and shit.
Sounds like a good night! I wasn't bothered by the black out, worse things can happen - and we were lucky we have a gas stove so dinner wasn't an issue but eating by candlelight was a tad romantic haha!

Probably the best sleep I've had in ages as well haha!
by The Bedge
Thu Sep 29, 2016 10:43 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: GRAND FINAL SYDNEY VS WESTERN BULLDOGS

daysofourlives wrote:Faarrk the fairytale crap, I've heard enough of em to last a lifetime

Now you know how Australia feels about 4thorn :lol:
by The Bedge
Tue Oct 04, 2016 2:50 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: C&CCA Season 2016/17

About time someone did a clubs ins/outs and write up of how the seasons looking for us old timers. ahem zartan ahem archie.
Fitzroy recruited hard, flag favourites.
Rose Park have Matt Ralph returning, same side as last year - equal flag favourites.
Adelaide Lutheran, same side as last year - runner up favourites.
NEK have picked up Luke Levi and lost Atkins brother but they'll win all their home games, and pick up a couple away wins - will finish in the top 4.
Para Vista have recruited a couple, depends on if they can get a full season out of their regular guns as to the impact they'll have. Bottom 2.
Enfield have lost half their A grade and struggling.. they're cooked, wooden spoon.

In other grades, Desi Avengers will probably smash everyone - I helped set up their club on mycricket and began lodging clearances for them, they have some handy sorts! Seaton will also be hard to beat, have added another young quick from Angaston I've heard. This will be the GF sides I think.

Magill & Adel Luth round out the top 4, the rest will battle for respectable results.

D3 - Para Vista have gone down, would start firm favourites, and Never2Late after a couple good years will be tough to beat. Adel Luth always around the mark. Rose Park lost Bills so might struggle, and Enfield are fielding their 4th and 5th XI sides in this div don't expect much impact from them. Fitzroy with all their recruits should filter down and have some success.
by The Bedge
Wed Oct 05, 2016 4:56 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Athelstone
In:
Jack Alfred (Bridgewater)
Maeve Edwards (Payneham)
Ciaran Edwards (Payneham)
Nick Karagich (Rostrevor)
Josh Marchant (Modbury)
Felix Raftery (Walkerville)
Adam Spry (Fitzroy)
Zane Williams (Seaford Rise)

Out: Nil

Enfield
In:
Troy Guest (Para Vista)
Todd Rackebrandt (Grange)
Brenton McEwan (ND)
Amarjit Singh (Multicultural SCC)
Gurmail Singh (Imperial CC)
Brett Wickham (Mt Terrible)
Paul Wrong (Parafield Gardens)

Out:
Todd Keogh (Ingle Farm)
Scott Keylock (ATCO)
Roger Wilkins (Para Vista)
Cam Mansueto (R&C)
Will Quick (R&C)
Zach Hancock (Retired)
Matt Feltus (Retired)
Charles Thompson (Retired)
Frank Canil (Retired)

Fitzroy
In:
Ben Bryan (Kilburn)
Jason Bryan (Kilburn)
Jeremy Bryan (Pooraka)
Sean Dixon (Flinders Pk)
Harry Hutchinson (United Cairns)
Sam Hutchinson (SHOC)
Harley MacKinnnon (Woody Rech)
Greg Matthews (Kilburn)
Dan Pigliacelli (Walkerville)
Tyler Stopp (Woody Rech)
Adam Wilson (Tarpeena)
Anthony Pigliacelli (Ingle Farm)

Out:
Josh Clarke (Rostrevor)
Ben Noakes (Flinders Uni)
Luke Madigan (Flinders Uni)
Tyson Roling (Para Hills)
Aaron Roling (Para Hills)
Adam Spry (Athelstone)
Raheel Raghib (Concordia)
by The Bedge
Thu Oct 06, 2016 11:26 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

North Eastern Knights
In:
Luke Levi (Pt District)

Out:
David Atkins (Encounter Bay)
Andrew Balding (Ingle Farm)

Para Vista Lutheran
In:
Michael Gale (Kenilworth)
Ranganathapura Kumar (Adel Cavaliers)
Roger Wilkins (Enfield)

Out:
Troy Guest (Enfield)

Rose Park
In:
Amit Patel (Nollamara)
Matt Ralph (Parafield Gardens)

Out:
Aaron Delvendiep (North Pines)
Michael Hassett (St George)

Seaton
In:
Jake Finch (Angaston)
Brad Brame (Pt District)
Anthony Rufnak (Elizabeth East)

Out: NIL
by The Bedge
Thu Oct 06, 2016 11:29 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Desi Avengers
Vishal Bharbutta (Multicultural SCC)
Sandeep Malhi (Hectorville)
Vivek Mohan (Multicultural SCC)
Manish Rana (International Cricketers Club SA)
Hardeep Saggu (Western Youth CCC)
Amanpal Singh (Keswick)
Baljeet Singh (Keswick)
Daljeet Singh (Keswick)
Harinderjit Singh (Keswick)
Atif Humker
Ramandeep Singh
Navdeep Singh
Aprambir Singh
Kinshuk Sharma
Preetkanwal Mann
by The Bedge
Thu Oct 06, 2016 11:36 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Grade Cricket

Why? He wouldn't have been a permanent fixture in the whites, admittedly he wasn't too crash hot as a 16/17 year old, he was playing C's and D's when he started playing seniors, could swing the ball a mile but struggled in other aspects, gee did things change over the next 24 months, a great cricket story.
He'd also be one of the very few exceptions.
by The Bedge
Thu Oct 13, 2016 10:13 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: ATCA

No kidding wrote:Fair effort by a lad by the name of Sandercock for Ingle Farm A2s on Saturday..
7 for 6 !!!!
Must have a good bowling coach ;)

Must be the new baby arrival that has him up and about :D
by The Bedge
Mon Oct 17, 2016 3:19 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2016 Silly Season, Trades and Rumours and utter BS

carey wrote:
Jim05 wrote:Barlow to join the Crows in the DFA trade period

I rate Barlow. A fresh start may be all he needs.

Good he can pay me the $100 he owes me! :lol:
by The Bedge
Mon Oct 24, 2016 10:28 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ch9AFL Division 6 - 2017

If you look at Woody Sth and West Croydon from the season just gone. Both teams destroyed us because the main core were of a decent fitness and could spread all over the ground all day, while we only had a handfull that could.
Yup.. nothing to do with the calibre of players they had in their sides.. :roll:
by The Bedge
Mon Oct 24, 2016 9:36 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

morell wrote:I still want to know if the rotund Ingle Farm Magoos coach is going around again....

*edited for accuracy*

Answer is yes, think I've got one more season left in me - although rumors circulating maybe a player/coach role :lol: :P
by The Bedge
Wed Oct 26, 2016 3:22 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Lindsay Bassani’s lawyers this week urged magistrate Ian White to allow him to remove the monitoring anklet to play football, because he was paid to play, which constituted “remunerated employment” .

Bassani, who was paid when he coached the Echunga Football Club to a premiership, played six games for West Croydon’s reserves and C-grade teams last season.

The Advertiser understands that no West Croydon player is paid , unlike many other amateur clubs.
LOL.. :lol:
by The Bedge
Thu Oct 27, 2016 11:33 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ch9AFL Division 7 - 2017

old farmer wrote:This from the grammer nazi himself. That would be lopsided. :lol: ;)

:oops: It's been a long, stressful week! Clearly i'm getting stupider :lol:

... p.s...

grammar*
by The Bedge
Thu Oct 27, 2016 12:52 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

adr107 wrote:In tears. Of course you would make that call lol...

I think it's a pretty valid call.. I'm sure no one wants to see another lob-sided D7 if it can be avoided.
by The Bedge
Thu Oct 27, 2016 8:15 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Australian International Summer

How does Mitch Marsh retain his spot in the squad?!
by The Bedge
Fri Oct 28, 2016 1:41 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

so rumours gathering momentum that greenies will struggle to field 2 sides, maybe the league action now, substantiate if truth to rumours and offer them to re-group in lower division and para hills take their place in div 5.
West Croydon to Div 5
Para Hills to Div 6
Greenacres to Div 7

Problem solvered 8)
by The Bedge
Tue Nov 08, 2016 12:36 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

morell wrote:I don't get it though.

I say "heard a rumour" - people lose their minds and accuse me of all sorts of palaver.

Someone else says "heard a rumour" - people say "hmph, interesting" or nothing.

Maybe it's not the rumour.. maybe it's just you.. :lol:
by The Bedge
Tue Nov 08, 2016 2:44 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ch9AFL Division 4 - 2017

Onya Josh - Congrats and good luck \M/
by The Bedge
Tue Nov 08, 2016 4:14 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Direct Debit Fee Collection

From memory we did this at our rugby league club a few years back, and it worked pretty well - especially for those who are notorious for not paying fees!

Also $300 for a season isn't that bad when you compare to other sports.
by The Bedge
Tue Nov 08, 2016 7:19 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Q. wrote:Hearing Para Hills have signed Nic Dal Santo following his retirement from AFL

Correct - as a playing assistant coach.. he will get 50k p/a for coaching, but no match payments for playing :P
by The Bedge
Wed Nov 09, 2016 12:14 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2017 season start dates - FYI

I'd be happy if the season started later just so can actually get some sort of a break between cricket and footy season lol
by The Bedge
Wed Nov 09, 2016 1:07 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: ATCA

His figures of 7/6 have surpassed the old mans career best 7/33.. his dad did take 41 wickets that year though (1982/83), so the young lad still has a way to go to eclipse that :D
by The Bedge
Wed Nov 09, 2016 9:57 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Port Adelaide 2017

Reckon Port wins that Banter contest haha! Some quality comebacks - the Nathan Buckley premiership one was a beauty i thought :lol:
by The Bedge
Fri Nov 11, 2016 12:18 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

morell wrote:And Thach played in their D5 flag.

Wrong Thach - there are like 3 or 4 of them.. Win Thach played in the flag, Wealth is a B grader.
by The Bedge
Fri Nov 11, 2016 4:08 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

human_torpedo wrote:Rumours that Valor will return to Para Hills.. LeBron James style announcement to be broadcast in the near future

Vac's coming home

That'll cause poor morell to have a breakdown if true :D
by The Bedge
Fri Nov 11, 2016 4:14 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Someone has to be a special kind to believe anyone actually really thinks that PH folded in D4 so they could return in D7 :roll:

The whole conversation has been around not what PH have done, but rather their re-entry to the comp potentially being regraded far lower than they're capable. Again this is out of PH control, and no one has questioned that.

No blame or ill feelings whatsoever have gone towards PH from what i've read, but surely people can appreciate that opposition clubs in this division would have some apprehension about them being opponents in 2017.

I don't think it's particularly fair that people from clubs not in this division tell morell to suck it up - i'm sure if others were in the same position they'd express their concerns just the same, much like all the people who whinged about the inclusion of the SFL clubs in higher divisions impacted/hindering their own clubs ability/chances to progress up the ranks.
by The Bedge
Mon Nov 14, 2016 3:36 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Are there any players in the comp that didn't make the squad?
Just wanted to ensure every club was represented, and given an opportunity. We have 3x T20 trial games, and the SAMCA Senior Cup, it'll give plenty exposure to some better standard of cricket if nothing else.

The final squad would almost pick itself i imagine, once you remove those who are unavailable.

Also looked to include most of the U21's that we have, as they'll be playing in January in the SAMCA stuff, it's a good opportunity to start getting them involved in representative stuff and preparing them.

Hopefully in December we can give PDCA a decent shake, and then go to Melbourne and claim back to back Australian Championship titles.
by The Bedge
Tue Nov 15, 2016 9:13 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

marbles wrote:anyone could get an agrade game at mitchell park :D

correct.jpg
by The Bedge
Tue Nov 15, 2016 11:46 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

On the upside, our players will be available for Shield duties Thursday lol
by The Bedge
Tue Nov 15, 2016 10:45 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Can D7 thread reach 50 pages before the season starts? :lol:
by The Bedge
Tue Nov 15, 2016 1:30 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ch9AFL Division 5 - 2017

Footy Chick wrote:
jnr8 wrote: Although this is only div 5 this would have to be some of the most interesting off season news in the saafl

It appears the new guy is easily amused :lol:

Maybe he just hasn't made his way to the D7 thread yet :D
by The Bedge
Tue Nov 15, 2016 2:53 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Milly wrote:We all the players went back to Brahma Lodge after winning a grand final and dropping back 2 grades did we piss and moan than?

We did a little.. :lol:
by The Bedge
Tue Nov 15, 2016 3:31 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Cricket Australia thrilled with how BBL is going - Titus O'Reily
In response to the Australian Test team’s disastrous showing in Hobart, High-Performance Manager Pat Howard said this year’s Big Bash League would be ‘bigger and more exciting than ever.”

In response to the question “how do you explain five test loss in a row?” Howard said this year’s Big Bash would feature more fireworks, more BMXs and double the amount of hip hop dance crews.

“The only Hobart I’m interested in talking about today is the Hobart Hurricanes! Get on board the Purple Army! It’s going to be amazing.”

Asked if he took any responsibility as High-Performance manager for the non-high performance of the team, Mr Howard said he hoped people liked sixes because that’s what’s coming this summer.

“The big question facing Australian cricket right now, is can the Thunder defend their title? I don’t know but I’m excited to find out, on Channel Ten beginning this December!”

Asked if Darren Lehmann’s position was in jeopardy, Howard said Lehmann’s role as a commentator in Network Ten’s Big Bash League commentary team was assured.

“As previously announced, Darren will commentate on the BBL this summer. So you can see, everyone has their priorities in order, let me assure you.”
by The Bedge
Tue Nov 15, 2016 4:02 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Ditchy wrote:Gaza had about 45 blokes on the track first night. One bloke looked real good. Won all the runs. Comes from ********** they were saying.

I can confirm that this bloke was NOT me. 8)
by The Bedge
Thu Nov 17, 2016 8:07 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Yeah.. well.. Morgan is a girls name! [-( :YMPEACE:
by The Bedge
Fri Nov 18, 2016 11:47 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

whufc wrote:Patterson and Handscombe in for Adelaide
Voges and Ferguson out

Renshaw in, Burns out as well I would be keen for.
by The Bedge
Fri Nov 18, 2016 4:38 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Patterson and Handscombe in for Adelaide
Voges and Ferguson out
Renshaw in, Burns out as well I would be keen for.

I've never seen Renshaw hit a single ball but his first class record is very impressive for a young lad
Good records for a young lad who has hit under 1000 shield runs.

People that have seen him (i haven't), would he get eaten alive at international level at such a young age??
I've only really seen him a couple times, watched him close yesterday and he impressed me - seems to have a thirst for batting, throwback to the old genuine bats - not in a hurry to score, great temperament and happy to soak up balls and time if needed.
by The Bedge
Fri Nov 18, 2016 10:05 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |