Search found 95 matches

Return

Re: Soooooo, how's this weather?

Fcku off wind
6 or 7 days straight of 40-50km winds from the SE
I would hate to be paying top $ for a shack up here on Yorkes the last week

Hopefully a gutsfull of rain coming on the weekend will make me feel better about the weather

Crops all off by now? Rain now doesn't mean much other than settling the dust for a bit does it?

The fruit growers in the Hills would be very nervous though Rain needed now to keep the topsoil in the same spot ready for next year!
Definitely rain is a good thing, modern farming practices is all about conserving moisture but for now we have got less than a foot of rain water left in our tanks plumed to the farm house. It can rain it’s lips off
by Dirty dog
Thu Jan 20, 2022 4:45 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

10mm so far, still forecasting around 100mm over the next few days. Once in a lifetime type of system. Some places on EP have already gone past 150mm and breaking all rainfall records.
by Dirty dog
Sat Jan 22, 2022 4:21 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: WEIGHT LOSS + the challenge

Fitness goal update

5km run times are still a long way off at around 27 minutes. I have had a reoccurring hamstring injury for about the last 5 years but now I won’t be at footy training trying to kick the ball 50 meters still it should come good hopefully and I can ramp it up when I’m confident it won’t go again.

Weights training is much better and already lifting 70kg on the bench 3x10.

If the body holds up by the years end I should reach these goals but so far I’m happy with the progress
by Dirty dog
Sun Feb 06, 2022 9:36 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Port Adelaide 2022

I’m getting good value for money for my memberships then. Can’t go to games and a sh!t membership pack, not even a pen that falls apart after 2 day use.

Why can't you go to the games? Distance?
DD mentioned earlier it was because he's not double vaxxed.

Unvaxxed and unwashed…………..

Just getting in before MW does

;)
That’s not very nice, I go down the dam once a week for wash
by Dirty dog
Mon Mar 21, 2022 8:14 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that you rate!

Lightning McQueen wrote:
Booney wrote:Wallaroo with a couple of mates for the weekend.

Hiccup.

This could've been my post, I'm just lacking time and I'm two mates short.

I live up here, I’ll be your mate for a weekend LM
by Dirty dog
Fri Apr 01, 2022 9:24 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

No rain on the horizon or at least the next 10 days. We will start dry seeding our program on Monday with hope some will come eventually. Lots of farmers have already started seeding also hoping for a decent rain to bring it all up at once. I have never none it not to rain in our area on Yorkes so just have to be patient and it will come.
by Dirty dog
Fri May 13, 2022 9:03 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that you are looking forward to

Rain later today….been a long time coming
by Dirty dog
Sun May 29, 2022 8:01 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Booney wrote:How did you go @Dirty Dog?

19mm so far Booney. Still raining here so hopefully get up to 30mm by the end. Day off for me today with regular walks out to the gauge to check the rain.
It’s going to be a happy day.
by Dirty dog
Mon May 30, 2022 9:13 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Follow up rain this weekend starting tonight.
Finished our seeding program today with all but the last paddock sow dry. Started it yesterday after it had dried out after Mondays lovely rain and finished it about lunch time today. Record gain prices and a above average prediction of a wetter winter and spring and more rain this weekend we are all feeling pretty happy. Few tasty beverages tonight me thinks
by Dirty dog
Fri Jun 03, 2022 5:52 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Cringeworthy Ads

When Carrie pulls the credit card of the hairy chest of her boyfriend. Seen it 5 times during halftime of the footy and I still don’t know what they are advertising.
by Dirty dog
Thu Jun 16, 2022 9:21 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Yorke Peninsula League

DOC wrote:Kadina tomorrow and Adelaide Sunday? How's the dog?

Yes Doc, Kadina today and Adelaide tomorrow. My dog is recovering well thanks. Bulldogs only have a life span of 8-10 years and he’s just gone 10 so…….
by Dirty dog
Sat Jun 25, 2022 7:25 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Hopefully a gutsfull of rain over the next few days. 20-30mm will certainly set us up for a above average season.
by Dirty dog
Wed Sep 07, 2022 8:05 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

35mm here so far and still showering
Unfu$kingbelivable
by Dirty dog
Fri Sep 09, 2022 12:50 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Dutchy wrote:Been a weird September, hasn't even felt like footy finals with no freshly cut grass smells, no rock hard grounds, no northerly winds, no 21-24 degree days...been real weird

Q the farm boy……perfect for growing above average crops. YP looking a treat.
by Dirty dog
Thu Sep 22, 2022 7:34 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Started cutting hay yesterday, we get to 8 o’clock last night with about 4 hours left to cut and we are thinking do we push on and finish tonight or do we just finish it tomorrow? Well the forecast is for 70% 1-5mm and possible shower, ok let’s finish it in the morning. About 2.30am I’m woken with rain on the tin roof and it hasn’t stopped. 8mm so far and no end in sight yet.
It’s a pain in the butt about our little bit of hay getting wet but massive boost again on all our other crops.
Definitely an above average year coming up but it’s not in the bag yet.
by Dirty dog
Tue Oct 18, 2022 7:12 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

8mm so far on our way to about 25mm today with thunderstorms. All hay done and in the shed and still about 2 weeks from starting harvest so shouldn’t get any damage from this event on our crops unless we get a massive hail storm which would damage most things in its path.
by Dirty dog
Sat Nov 12, 2022 8:55 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Still no power on the farm here at Kainton… 11:30 til now is a fair time to have power out. Time to crank the bbq to cook tea as I’ve given up waiting for the power to come back on. 3rd world type of set up here. Got ute by the house just to charge my phone, crazy!

Any crop damage up there?
Fortunately the rough seas parted and the worst of it went North or South of us here at Kainton. If you can believe it we have only had 9mm all up so far so compared to what has happened around the state we have got away lightly.
by Dirty dog
Sat Nov 12, 2022 11:46 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Coolest end to spring/start of summer I have seen in a long time. It is making for slow reaping and dragging harvest out.
Most known by now Yorkes can be windy but this week has been next level and cold.
Currently out on the header going 3km an hour, mind numbing.
Hopefully about 7 days to go weather permitting.
Oh but it’s probably going to be a record harvest and a record for the state so it’s all worth the hard work in the end.
by Dirty dog
Wed Dec 14, 2022 8:57 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Spending a week in town away from the farm after a looong harvest.
by Dirty dog
Sat Jan 14, 2023 6:02 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Port Adelaide 2023

Same Sh@t different year….still waiting for my membership pack and cards to get into the game next Saturday.
How hard is it? Maybe they do it in alphabetical order as my last name starts with a letter at the end of the alphabet.
Switch on Port membership team!
by Dirty dog
Thu Mar 09, 2023 8:58 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

6mm already on our completed seeding program, hopefully it continues all day. Off to Kadina for a counter lunch and maybe a couple pints. How good….
by Dirty dog
Thu May 25, 2023 12:06 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

6mm already on our completed seeding program, hopefully it continues all day. Off to Kadina for a counter lunch and maybe a couple pints. How good….

What did you get last Friday/Saturday. Most the guys around Spalding got 9-11mm.
We only got 3mm but Kadina got 19mm so we missed out. It’s still raining now so hopefully we 10-15mm out of this event.
by Dirty dog
Thu May 25, 2023 12:42 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

35.5mm absolute awesome rain. Love this weather
by Dirty dog
Thu Jun 22, 2023 4:50 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

35.5mm absolute awesome rain. Love this weather

perfect timing for the farmers Im guessing? (or maybe a touch later than preferred?)
It’s perfect timing. Lots of crops need nutrition about now so heaps of urea has gone out the last few days which needs at least 5-10mm to wash it in.
The big test will come later when the days are longer, temperatures increase and the crops are a lot bigger therefore needing a lot more moisture. The outlook is horrible but so far it’s been perfect.
by Dirty dog
Thu Jun 22, 2023 5:33 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Round 18

Ollie Butcher-Lord
by Dirty dog
Sat Jul 15, 2023 6:13 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Round 18

Jim05 wrote:
Dirty dog wrote:Ollie Butcher-Lord
I’ve never seen him kick this poorly.
Poor lad has the yips

Sorry Jimbo but he’s been rubbish since his first AFL game. Doesn’t look like kicking a goal.
by Dirty dog
Sat Jul 15, 2023 6:23 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Port Adelaide 2023

Win Saturday night and the narrative will change again. This is why we love the game, anything can happen.
by Dirty dog
Mon Jul 17, 2023 10:34 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Round 23

amber_fluid wrote:The lizard!
How good.

No frills from the Lizard!
by Dirty dog
Sat Aug 19, 2023 10:09 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: I need to know....

Hey team, I’m heading to Brisvagas next Friday for the foozball. I’ve never been there before so question is what are some things I should do will I’m up there? What places i should check out, what pub should I have a beer in etc. I’m going with 2 mates so more focused on a boys trip type of things. Go the Power!
by Dirty dog
Fri Sep 01, 2023 9:21 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

10mm and counting. Absolute perfect timing on our crops as the warmer weather and little rain was definitely starting to take some yield potential away.
With this rain event we should still get slightly above average crops.
by Dirty dog
Thu Sep 07, 2023 9:45 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Boys trip to Brisbane for the footy tomorrow. Never been there so very excited and with today’s good rain will have a real spring in the step. Brisvagas here we come!
by Dirty dog
Thu Sep 07, 2023 9:59 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Finals Week 2

Port game sold out yet? Makes a joke of that 69k membership tally if it’s not. I can hear Ted Bullpit now, someone should blow up membership tally’s. Put the money on the fridge chocolate frog
by Dirty dog
Thu Sep 14, 2023 1:59 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Carlton

Ed Curnow announced his retirement

Not blessed with height, speed or athleticism like his brother but definitely gave his all every time he played.
Every team needs role players like him.

Hmm, athleticism.... he did win the time trial at Carlton for several years, but he is shadowed by his little brother somewhat.
He had endurance for sure but by athleticism I mean more of jumping than running here.
Sounds like a bloke that played 300 games for Port.
by Dirty dog
Thu Aug 31, 2023 9:21 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Preliminary Finals

woodublieve12 wrote:Baffles me how it can be deliberate when you are moving the ball forward

Insufficient intent. No such thing as deliberate.
by Dirty dog
Fri Sep 22, 2023 10:45 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The never ending No AFL in the SANFL whinge thread

What chance Port Magpies(pre 2013) reappearing in the sanfl with reserves and juniors again and the current side(Power squad members with top ups) playing in the AFL reserves comp?

I for one would love to see it!!

Not happening but worth a thought. With what money?
They couldn’t afford it.
Port did the best thing for their club at the time and moved into the highest comp in the land, that should have been the end of them in the SANFL.
Moving to the VFL/AFL Reserves will finally right the wrongs that the morons at the SANFL inflicted on us

Exactly what the club and players believed to be happening in 1995, we were to leave the SANFL. That changed.
Spot on….Port Adelaide Magpies Football Club established 1996 should never have happened!
by Dirty dog
Fri Nov 03, 2023 7:15 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Harvest all done for another year. Off to the Tav in Wallaroo tomorrow for lunch and cut out drinks. Bond Store could get a workout also.
by Dirty dog
Thu Nov 09, 2023 7:15 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

whufc wrote:Matty Allen from South Clare to Southern Eagles, will be a handy pick up.

Going home
by Dirty dog
Mon Nov 27, 2023 8:41 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

71mm here so far and still showers and storms around. I don’t recall a rain event like this before in all my 48 years.
by Dirty dog
Mon Dec 11, 2023 7:23 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Sooo.... what didya get?

Thanks to everyone for their support, it means a lot.
by Dirty dog
Wed Dec 27, 2023 3:26 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Boy Swallows Universe on Netflix……been working at night spraying to beat the heat, everything needs spraying after all the rain we have had so doing a bit of tv watching during the day and this Oz special came up. Worth all geeza if you haven’t seen yet.
by Dirty dog
Mon Jan 15, 2024 4:35 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The Big Shed…..After going to watch Port train this morning we headed there for lunch after a good recommendation and it didn’t disappoint.
Good beer
Good feed
Good music
Great atmosphere
Even got some roadies for the long haul home back to Yorkes as you do
by Dirty dog
Fri Jan 19, 2024 4:39 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

45 degrees under the veranda here at Yellowstone. Got the sprinkler on the front lawn with about 20 magpies having a David Gower.
by Dirty dog
Tue Jan 23, 2024 4:36 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Just having a quick google search the towns you mentioned equate to a population of around 600....

It is a good effort by united but that 600ish is about the average for many clubs in the mid north.

BSR over 3 towns is about bang on 600.
RSMU about 800
Blyth/Snowtown about 700ish

Its a credit to country clubs that with a population between 600-1000 they can still find 41 senior footballers, 40 netballers, 30 junior footballers, 30 junior netballers every weekend. Plus all the volunteers etc it takes to run a club.

It is hard however to see how more clubs dont end up merging and capturing much larger regions in the next ten years.
Paskeville the smallest town in Australia to have its own football club.
by Dirty dog
Mon Feb 12, 2024 3:07 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL 2024

Sounds like the best race caller in the land calling the Sun v Giants game on fox. Hope it’s a regular thing this season.
by Dirty dog
Thu Feb 29, 2024 7:52 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Heading to the big smoke tomorrow for lunch at The Big Shed then onto the Oval for Port v Harley Reid …… nothing like supporting a business in need.
by Dirty dog
Sat Mar 16, 2024 10:09 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |