Search found 110 matches

Return

Re: Rd 1 North v Central @ Prospect Oval Friday 29/3 1.40pm

Eagles Nest wrote:Interesting that Kai Pudney didn’t make the league team for round 1. Didn’t take Thomas long to work out his efficiency with the ball is poor. 27 touches in the seconds, wonder how many of those were to the opposition.

About 4, went at 85% efficiency.
by Dogs64
Sat Mar 30, 2024 9:36 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Rd 1 North v Central @ Prospect Oval Friday 29/3 1.40pm

Great day at the footy, must be getting old when I still enjoy a day at the footy when we lose!
Central's use of the ball was much better than ours, they looked good.
Great crowd, great atmosphere, bloody hot in the sun.
Don't say this too often but the umpiring was sensational after putting up with AFL umpires for a few weeks now, so much better. Decent tackles acutally got rewarded.
Well done Dogs and well deserved!
Someone said the umpiring was 26 to 14 in favour of North, didn't notice it. Thought two bad decisions, one for Central one for North both resullting in goals, but agree very good. North pretty much dominated most possessions, but picked up a few kicking around their defensive 50.
Stats say North had marginally better disposal efficiency.
I think all played well for the dogs. Pearce proved me wrong, 5 marks in the first half (ended up with 6), and used each kick well.
Without thinking too hard about it, I'd have Barry, Lange and Jezza top 3.
Good atmosphere.
The egg an bacon roll wasn't bad.
by Dogs64
Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:10 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SANFL vs VFL Sat 6th April

Pseudo wrote:
Aerie wrote:Anyone know where to find a list with players numbers?

At the entrance.

It would be nice if there was live stats somewhere online....

The SANFL has been pathetic "marketing" the game. News item 2 days ago. No updates, stats or scores online (that I can see).
by Dogs64
Sat Apr 06, 2024 3:01 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 4 Central v Eagles

Agree Monaghan & Callinan must be close to playing but at 4 0
who goes out for them unless theres an injury .
At the after game presentations, they also mentioned Monaghan was at an impressive 90% disposal efficiency for his 30 or so disposals.
Kudos to Sam Jacobs and his coaching staff for coming in to the club after the game.
During the presentations Greg Edwards prasised the WWT club quite a bit, said what a great club they are and thanked them for their support at the earlier Presidents luncheon.
by Dogs64
Mon Apr 29, 2024 3:03 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SANFL 2024

The VFL is seen as superior to the SANFL.
By who?

For development. We've covered this, haven't we?

Recently I heard a former Port AFL captain say that Port and the Crows made a mistake in 2014. He thought that he learnt a lot more playing for an SANFL side than the current players do playing in Port and Crows Reserves teams. He maintained the sprinkling of ex AFL players and potantial draftees playing as a team taught him more and was a better grounding that what happens now with 15 or 16 blokes all trying to impress to make the AFL team and the other 6 top ups not up to SANFL standard.
I think its pretty obvious, thats what's happened, though they won't admit it. They gave away the advantage they had over the Victorian based teams, because Collingwood won their first Flag in 30 years and Sanderson put it down as due to them having a reserves team. A red herring for his own coaching results at Adelaide. Of course Port were happy to go along to get rid of the then underperforming Magpies and get the gaming license.
A marketing tosser at the Crows at the time argued, it would help with player retention. What transpired was a pretty big exodus.
by Dogs64
Fri May 03, 2024 7:56 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: West v Central R5

southernbulldog wrote:Monaghan must be a chance to come in .as well.

Hammy apparently.

Good to see, James and Chris, Quinno Graham, Brayden O'hara, Ian Callinan, Damien Hicks. Charles Slattery, Johnny Platten and Boof Lehman there supporting the team.
by Dogs64
Sat May 04, 2024 6:41 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 6 Central v Sturt

Having no McCormick makes things tough BUT great to have Gasper back in.
first loss for the year I think, unfortunately.
Yep, need someone to do something around the ground even if they can't win the tap. Last goal to Sturt, no one even rucked and Snelling had a clear run at goal.
Clearly a communication breakdown. Munn and pickering swapping at the interchange, and back up Thomas at full fwd.

Sturt combined possession football with a thirst for applying pressure on the ball carriers. For 5 weeks we have made opponents pay for their turnovers. Sturt didn't give too many of these.
Presbury, Liddy and Dittmar were best for the good guys IMO.
Sturt had no real passengers, and Snelling (despite a tag) is clearly a step above any other mid in this league.
I know Sturt had guys missing also, but at this stage of our overall development and depth, our injuries probably hurt us more than Sturts.
Of the 8 outs, only Grant will return after the break.
In better news, a star Doggie looks likely to return home in the next couple of weeks.
I thought Trav was in Austria (or somewhere), enjoying work and travel. Could it be Monty, playing at Ballarat or somewhere, seems a waste of talent..
by Dogs64
Sat May 11, 2024 7:00 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SANFL 2024

another grub wrote:need a stand alone SANFL side. with NIL to to with AFL side.

They already had that, but the club wanted them gone. Time for both the reserves sides to be gone and some integrity returned to the competition. It was a failed experiment, that most on this site foresaw.
by Dogs64
Tue May 14, 2024 10:30 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: WAFL v SANFL Sunday 19th May

Jezza, looking like a mid-season draft out, @#$!
by Dogs64
Sun May 19, 2024 5:50 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |