Return

Re: New Footy Season Format Options for 2020

Looking good for a June start!
by scottroo
Sun May 03, 2020 6:07 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: New Footy Season Format Options for 2020

Early June start would make sense as by then fingers crossed we would be well beyond the 28 days since last infection.
Most amateur clubs and their players should be working towards a june start and keeping themselves fit and ready to go.
It is not necessary to have 4-5 weeks training prior at community footy level as even during a normal season plenty of blokes turn up 2 weeks prior to the season run a couple of laps and put their name up to play.

I agree with this. The less time spent on a ‘pre season’ or ‘trainings prior to round 1’ means the more minor round games that can be played.
I think clubs and players are more likely to be able to salvage something out of the season if there is more minor round games in the fixture.
If it’s a 6-8 round season and a team starts off 0-3 fair chance the season is all over and guys will probably consider the season a write off
by pureclass
Thu May 07, 2020 4:12 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: COVID-19

Why is everyone stating a July start date
If season goes ahead and get voted in by clubs Mid June start IMO
by football tragic
Tue May 12, 2020 4:52 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: COVID-19

Clubs will be given the opportunity to sit out the year if they wish to and I'd say the majority will take up that offer.

If clubs choose to do this they will be signing their own death warrant.

For a lot of clubs, choosing to play will be signing their own death warrant. Specially for regional areas

I understand the complexity in regional areas, but if your club/league does not proceed with the season and a player wants to play footy they are going to leave your club and go elsewhere. Whats the chances of getting them back in 2021?

With a small extension into October there are still 5 months left in the season, with a very real possibility of further restrictions being relaxed in the next fortnight which will allow crowds, BBQ's, canteens and Bars to be open (under new protocols). With no AFL to attend it could be a boom for grassroots footy.
by Dutchy
Tue May 12, 2020 5:01 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2022 Adelaide Footy League - Division 7

Given the forecast for heavy rain Wednesday until Saturday, you're probably right. :lol:

Should make for a wonderful spectacle Saturday. :lol:
46.2 The Member Club shall fulfil The League’s minimum requirements including but not limited to

(b) the ground surface of their oval shall be in a reasonable condition
by Mr Beefy
Mon Aug 08, 2022 12:31 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |