Search found 101 matches

Return

Re: Adelaide Plains Football League

Snags wrote:Why wouldn't he be fulfilling is full potential if he went to long plains SD? He Wants to play with his brother. That may bring the best out of his footy, going back to the basics of just enjoying footy!

It may well do. Crewy will get the best out of them both I'm sure.
by Swamp Donkey
Fri Feb 13, 2015 9:26 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

norm11 wrote:United the big improvers this year for me. Good recruits.

I have a feeling Balak will be big improvers this year, provided they retain Catford.
by Swamp Donkey
Tue Feb 17, 2015 9:37 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Nighthawk wrote:
BigV wrote:
I heard all proceeds go to the Support Hamley Foundation.
Have virginia paid its fine from last yr's semi final at lochiel yet? Or its affiliation fees? Seems to be a diffrent set of rules for those guys.

Always will be a different set of rules for them
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Its always good when you chuck the line out and catch a couple of Mullets!
Sorry Nighthawk i did not mean to hurt your feelings, when your ready to have a grown up conversation please let me know.
Snags thank you for your insightful comments but we all know the rules are clearly in Black and White!

Rules........ not cups BigV
by Swamp Donkey
Wed Feb 25, 2015 3:20 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

2 things, $250 for 21 year olds is what is driving the money situation out of control, not many if any kids deserve that sort of money...
Secondly, I think you will find the committee went down that path you suggested (without the money u suggested), have a look at these names:
Zanandrea
Bradtke
Oxenham J
Oxenham R
Burchell
Pinch
Parsons

To go with locals
Appleton returning
Darwin R
Ireland returning
Power returning
Frencken returning
Even would and Schahinger aren't that old
All these lads are 19-23 yrs of age, most played regular A's last year (11 of them named in sporting pulse for the GF), to go along with another 5 or 6 Gawler lads in the 2's....

As for environment, story is Newton put on a free BBQ every thurs during preseason, hosted club functions on his property, and from all reports all the players hung around after games....

But let's just focus on the recruitment of 3 blokes, makes a better story hey....

I don't think anyone can possibly question Newton's committment, I doubt too many people have put as much time and money into a country footy club anywhere in the State.
by Swamp Donkey
Wed Mar 11, 2015 9:54 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

What clubs look like having young lads playing in the A grade this season? U21s!
Always interested to see who plays there next gen.
I know two wells will have:
D.wise
B.Daly (best on in last years B grade gf, had a big pre season)
J.Pellizzari might see him self in the mix fresh out of colts.
And couple of colts showing they might be able to have a go - Samuel Harding, Jamie humphreys, Noah Barnett, David hogan.

Pies have a few in the mix:
J. Good
J. Watson
A. Clothier
J. Dunstan
J. Kenny
Stuey Roberts
by Swamp Donkey
Fri Apr 10, 2015 3:37 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

footy4life wrote:Any truth to the rumour young Lachlan Ireland is moving back to play football at Hamley for a fair bit of coin? Last i heard he played 2 games as a top up player for Gold Coast Reserves

Does he have a career advisor?
by Swamp Donkey
Mon Apr 20, 2015 10:30 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Three red cards shown on Saturday in a match umpired by the Umpire's Coach/Co-ordinator, Steve Bawden, who introduced the red/yellow card system.
If that's his interpretation on what warrants a red card, then he's going to have to maintain it across his whole umpiring group and throughout the season.
It will be interesting to see whether these reports are thrown out (I think a red card is automatic suspension, not sure), considering they were made by the central umpires.

The fact that Steve Bawden is the Umpires coach/coordinator is not good. I was disappointed to see him umpiring in such a big match on Saturday while BJ was allocated the senior colts and reserves. IMHO BJ is the best umpire in the league so why on earth isn't he umpiring A grade every week? Bawden makes every game that he is involved in about himself - he over-rides decisions of his fellow umpires and quite simply appears to have a poor understanding of the basic role of the umpire in a game of footy. Every footy lover I know would prefer him to miss a few rather than over-officiate and dominate the match like he seems determined to do every time he's in charge. Maybe I'm off the mark and being too harsh.....
by Swamp Donkey
Mon Apr 27, 2015 4:12 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Great Southern Football League

Few upsets today. Any comments?
Go Roos!

McLaren v Willunga result?? [edit] McLaren by 73 points apparently. Wow!

Cheers for that JJ. Going to be a very interesting season!
Would have to be happy down at victor land return for the $ would be pleasing ;)

16 blokes playing for VH a's on the weekend that live in VH. not a bad % for a county footy team. Of the others a majority have been there for multiple years. Reaping the rewards of the junior program. Speaking of juniors.............

You'd hope that would be the case given Victor is one of the largest country towns in the State, there is really no excuse for not having a team full of locals.
by Swamp Donkey
Tue Apr 28, 2015 11:15 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Two Wells supporters are up and about after a gripping win against Hamley a fortnight ago and a historic win over a depleted United outfit on Saturday. Good to see.
Good win over Virginia first up too. Can only beat who you play I guess.

Absolutely. I'm just stirring ;) They are looking the goods at the minute which is a worry for the rest of us.
by Swamp Donkey
Mon May 04, 2015 3:52 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Two Wells supporters are up and about after a gripping win against Hamley a fortnight ago and a historic win over a depleted United outfit on Saturday. Good to see.

From now on I'm gonna call you "Sass Donkey"

Hope I haven't offended you Snags, you sensitive new age guy/gal(?) :D Go the Rooosters!
by Swamp Donkey
Wed May 06, 2015 1:42 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

pint of ale? wrote:When are you gonna give those hammy's a rest and start coaching Donk?

What are you saying Pint? :D All good coaches need an assistant - I'm in if your in ;)
by Swamp Donkey
Tue May 12, 2015 12:43 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

What's the ruling with the yellow and red cards? I wasn't at the game but I heard Joel mont got 2 yellows but no report?
Apparently longies v pies couple weeks back one of the Thompson boy's got 2 yellow cards and took no further part is that true MC

No not true.

Obviously If you get two yellows it's not a report, as occurred yesterday.
by Swamp Donkey
Sun May 17, 2015 8:55 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Yorke Peninsula League

Dogs Breakfast wrote:Any news in the rumours that Kadina are already looking for a new coach and that the current coach probably wont see out the season?

Not surprised
by Swamp Donkey
Tue May 19, 2015 5:04 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

It's an embarrassment to have the A Grade premiership shield hanging in that club this season. You have to give credit to those dealing with the mess left there by those who have seemingly jumped ship and have little care in the world for the clubs' situation this season, especially the committee, coaches and playing group. Poor buggers.
by Swamp Donkey
Sat Jul 18, 2015 11:02 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

So there's a bit of talk about the U14 association team's performance on Sunday, mainly surrounding the selection of the coach, Chris Hummell.
Now, first of all, good on him for putting his hand up to do it, but how a guy who is not involved in this league at all gets to coach the association team, is staggeringly bizarre.
Chris and his kids are involved in the BLG now, and have been for a few years now (I think). It's unlikely he would have seen any of the U14 squad play this season.
How could he be expected to coach? Phenomenal.

Don't agree with you at all on this one OnSong. Chris has extensive experience coaching underage in our league and at association level for the APFL, in fact he was my coach at u/15 level back in the 1990s and has done loads of coaching since. He has a great temperament for the role and is absolutely fanstastic with kids and is extremly passionate about the game. He is often at Mallala matches on gameday and I am certain would have made an effort to see plenty of matches in the APFL (his son plays B grade for Mallala by the way). He would arguably one the best options we have for the job. Keeping in mind, the league asks people to put their hand for these roles. I'm sure if a better alternative applied, they would have been given the job, but in my view Chris Hummell is a more than worthy bloke for the job.
by Swamp Donkey
Fri Aug 07, 2015 6:14 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Thought of the day Hamley Peckers/Balak Bombers!! I see Balak had a few boys play 2 games this week, when was the last time this happened?? :D :D :D
About two weeks ago against Mallala.

It's not ideal and we could have avoided it by playing some colts but with the finals coming up and the colts in the hunt, it made sense to have a few blokes go around twice than risk injury to a kid with the prospect of a senior colts flag on the cards. Probably won't go in favourites but you want to give them every chance.

I actually had a look into this last night, because I find it quite bemusing most years.

Balak have some ripping senior colts players, who really are quite dominant at senior colts level - they always do. I find it quite bemusing that guys like Charlie Arbon who made his A grade debut in 2013 and kicked 4 in an A grade match last season, Jacob Butterfield (times in best - 14; goals - 54 in the colts in 2015), Jake Michael (TIB - 11), Dillion Michael (TIB - 10) etc etc, I could go on.... seemingly being held back to play in the Senior Colts to maximise their chances of winning a senior colt flag, rather than being given game time in the A grade which would undoubtedly benefit and fast track their footy development. These kids have played 4 A grade games between them in 2015 and I just can't understand why, particularly when the A grade has won just 5 matches. Obviously there must be good reason (I'm sure a couple of them may not be physically ready) and the coaches involves have good intentions for these kids, but for me, I'd want to be developing them into A graders as soon as they show a bit. In fact, if each of these lads had played 4-5 A grade matches this season, imagine their confidence levels in a senior colts final. Anyway, just my opinion of course and each club to their own.
by Swamp Donkey
Mon Aug 24, 2015 10:58 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Have heard similar.

Mallala under consideration too?

Why would Mallala be looking elsewhere? Why are we even talking about this? Heresay and rumours from people who have no idea.
In the APFL, this year was no different to the majority of the last 10 years - Hamley were a basket case but they hung in there and are optimistic about next season and every other club was competitve in most grades. Both Two Wells and Mallala are in great positions both financially and performance wise in the APFL, so why would they want to make a move to another league and risk what they have.

The issue is, whether the APFL want to eliminate the bye - for whatever reason it seems they do and subsequently risk the integrity of the league. My message to AV would be, get your shit together and perform consistently (on and off the field) at a level that would consistently be competitive in the APFL (both netball and football) and come and see us in 5 years. A club can have good participation rates at different times, but the difference between a country club is that once you commit to a league there is no option but to fill four teams. Its not like the amateurs where, from what I understand, you can add and pull teams from year to year depending on numbers.
by Swamp Donkey
Fri Sep 11, 2015 2:24 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Mallala FC Best & Fairest count was held last Friday night.

Joel Montgomerie (243 votes) won his 6th B&F which sees him join club legends John Griffiths and Greg Tucker as the only players to have won the award a record six times. Unbelievable effort given the 105 year history of the club and the consistent stream of quality of players to have represented the club over this period.
R/up B&F was Nigel Osborn - 240 votes
3rd Wilbur Farrelly - 230 votes - won the Players' MVP award.
4th Jordan Clements - 181 votes
5th Brad Hardie - 170 votes

Club legend Tim Cawrse was awarded Life Membership.
by Swamp Donkey
Mon Sep 28, 2015 11:54 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Everyone will be happy to know our netball is on board. Meeting held last night with the apna president present.
The netball club committee has submitted a request to affiliate.
It's a positive step that the netball association has taken, seeking a meeting with the club's committee, but there are a few uncertainties with this.
The netball club is still to confirm its new committee, including a new president at its AGM on Monday night.
Player numbers and how many teams they can enter is also unconfirmed.
There are 28 teams ranging from under 9s competing in the summer competition at Elizabeth, great numbers.
How many of those players will be willing to travel to the country to play won't be known for some time.
So yes, there is a genuine expression of interest from the outgoing committee to join APNA. But there's still a fair bit to work out before it all goes ahead.
Apparently the AVNC presented quite impressively and one of their concerns was how well the football club will manage the shift. All very interesting.

Sorry to be negative, but why is it so important to have AV come join in 2016? I am keen for them to join, but why not say to them - ok, we want you join the APFL/APNA in 2017. We now have 12 months for us (APFL/APNA) and you (AVFC/AVNC) to work through the finer details and ensure that the incoming clubs are in a stable position (i.e. have stable committees that are aware and clear about the requirements to join the Adelaide Plains). The netball side of things all seems very rushed at the moment and that makes me nervous.

Clubs have been switching between leagues for over 100 years, what makes it so hard now?

Absolutely nothing if the incoming club has its shit together.
by Swamp Donkey
Thu Oct 22, 2015 1:22 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Sorry to change the subject but the pies are the sleepers and one big thing
hasn't been mentioned Angus Bruggemann is he back local or still in town?
Bruggemann/Wilson/Wildbore all will be back in 2016

Mallala are hopeful that Brad Wilson continues his committment in the SANFL. Plenty of time to come back and play country footy.
by Swamp Donkey
Wed Nov 04, 2015 12:35 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: BL&G Football League

Look Good In Leather wrote:
Robran wrote:
daysofourlives wrote:Josh Glenn has signed at Willaston

And they offer from centrals Sanfl was a real nice offer,from the afl to the barrossa just like that..

More proof the SANFL has little relevance left

Little relevance for those who want to chase $$ and don't want to have to work for it.
by Swamp Donkey
Mon Nov 16, 2015 11:17 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Dogs Breakfast wrote:
countryfootyfan wrote:Nick Prokopek to moonta???

Yep. Massive pick up.

Literally so I hear
by Swamp Donkey
Mon Nov 16, 2015 11:15 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Get around this event.
by Swamp Donkey
Wed Dec 02, 2015 9:33 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Will that’s nice to know that my Crystal Ball works better than I thought,

So what's going on Test ? Why all the outs, are the rumours true about the split in the club ?

On another sad note, the Little Master Lawson is having a run with Scotch College next season, a public rally has been organised for 10am Saturday Morning at Victoria Square, Kadina, and then we can all push on to the Wombat, in a effort to get him to stay.
The little ma$ter was on the market

Ye$$$$$ he wa$$$$.
by Swamp Donkey
Thu Jan 28, 2016 10:18 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Rondo wrote:Pretty sure the move to scotch wasn't money motivated from all reports. Work ties to the club

Slightly contradictory there Rondo
by Swamp Donkey
Thu Jan 28, 2016 1:04 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Points System Is Crucifying Country Footy

The name of this thread would be more accurate if it read...... the points system is crucifying clubs that have no idea when it comes to recruiting the right people and/or sustainably managing it's player payment system.
by Swamp Donkey
Sun Feb 14, 2016 8:13 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Dropped in to check out the facilities at Angle Vale last night. Looks bloody good. Oval looked a treat - seemed a little smaller than others in our league which will make it tough for me to make the most of my leg speed out on the wings, but surface looks great. The oval runs from NW to SE which seemed a little odd - hardly a major issue. I was told the netball courts are a mile away, but they're probably 300 m from the oval - maybe a slightly larger distance from the oval than that at Two Wells. I didn't look too closely at the clubrooms but they look pretty flash too. My only concerns were the lack of shelter around the netball courts and the lack of play area or playground for kids. Overall, the place looks the goods. Playing there should be a hoot.
by Swamp Donkey
Thu Mar 10, 2016 11:57 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Prediction time:
Ladder
Virginia - have got stronger
Mallala - have also added to list, Parish is big loss
Two Wells - will push for top 2, will improve with quality recruits
United - lost some quality but new coach and players will ensure they are better.
Balaklava - will push for finals, will miss J Walker
HWE - similar to previous years, lost a few
Angle Vale - will trouble a few teams, but largely unknown
Hamley - no reason to suggest they will be better

Goal kicker: Brendan Nicklaus (Virginia)
Mail Medalist: Nigel Osborn (Mallala)
by Swamp Donkey
Wed Apr 06, 2016 2:22 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Prediction time:
Ladder
Virginia - have got stronger
Mallala - have also added to list, Parish is big loss
Two Wells - will push for top 2, will improve with quality recruits
United - lost some quality but new coach and players will ensure they are better.
Balaklava - will push for finals, will miss J Walker
HWE - similar to previous years, lost a few
Angle Vale - will trouble a few teams, but largely unknown
Hamley - no reason to suggest they will be better

Goal kicker: Brendan Nicklaus (Virginia)
Mail Medalist: Nigel Osborn (Mallala)

Swamp I'm not being a smart ass here but Angle Vale to trouble a few teams? what is this based on?

Nothing really :D
by Swamp Donkey
Thu Apr 07, 2016 5:42 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Whats the story with a spectator allegedly involved in a scrap in the Owls Vs Roosters?
What about virgnia runner involved in scrap in ressies?

Only involvement the Virginia runner had was breaking up the fight.

Oh, is that all? :shock: :roll: Is that considered part of the job description for the runner at the Rams?
by Swamp Donkey
Mon May 09, 2016 2:21 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Someone that has been around the league for a long time, what did you think of Angle Vale SD? Compared to the bad Hamley teams and the final years of Roseworthy teams?
I'll reserve my judgement until they've had a couple of seasons to establish themselves as a country footy club.

This season was always going to be tough for them coming out of Div 7 amateurs, in particular their lack of depth was always going to be an issue. However, I think they deserve opportunity to develop a senior team over the next 3-4 years, especially as they have some talent coming through in their senior colts at the moment. The key questions for me are: 1) can they can hold on to, and further develop the high-end talent in their current senior colts team into quality senior players over the next 3-4 years; and 2) will they be able to top up their list with quality imports. I'm assuming they will have 15+ points to play with each year over the next 3 years, so theoretically they should be able to attract at least 8-10 quality players to the club during this period to support their developing locals. In the meantime, there will be plenty of heartache and the challenge for the coach and the club is to keep the current group interested and their level of effort and competitiveness up (both of these were lacking Saturday - their lack of depth was clearly an issue). If they are unable to do that on a regular basis, and keep getting results like the one on the weekend, I think they are going to find it very tough and the answer to the questions I posed above will almost certainly be no. Such results on a regular basis will provide no incentive for new players to come along, or for young local players to hang around.

Although nobody expects them to cause too many upsets this year, and our expectations of them are very low, I still think they have a lot to lose if they can't at least be competitive and earn some respect this season. Personally I hope they can pull it together and be a force in the APFL within 5-10 years.
by Swamp Donkey
Tue May 24, 2016 11:02 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

This would be my side (I haven't seen the squad or am aware of who is u/21).

FF: Brian Montgomery, Angus Bruggerman, Heath Pym
HF: Ben Russell, Steven Pollock, Matt Birchmore
C: Josh Watson, Ned Seccafien, Travis McCallum
HB: Jordan Clements, Robert Montgomery, Tallan Leighton
FB: Jake Birchmore, Adrian Mark, Dylan Wise
R: Wilbur Farrelly, Nigel Osborn, Joel Montgomerie

Interchange: Aaron Dart, Chris Stephens, Harry Gameau, Jason McPharlin, Josh Seal

I would imagine you would be pretty on the money, just minus pollock and Adrian mark because they opted out.

The better Birchmore opted out too.

Nah, I'm pretty certain Jake has put his hand up ;)
by Swamp Donkey
Fri Jun 03, 2016 4:57 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Not that I don't agree with the Williams ruling, someone moving into the vicinity of Long Plains wouldn't happen often, just think there's an inconsistency there.

The thriving metropolis of Avon / Kallora is turning into quite a fertile recruiting zone :shock:

Les Pearson was classed as a 0 pointer when he moved into the district, so I wouldn't say its inconsistent at all.

Jamie is still classed as a 3 point player and is listed as such on the team sheets.

Wow.... that was beat up over nothing then :D
by Swamp Donkey
Thu Jun 30, 2016 2:18 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Umpiring - you should have witnessed the circus at Mallala on the weekend. Poor young Clarkey (who umpired really well IMO) was paired up with an old bloke from the Hills FL who had an absolute stinker - the way he carried on at times, arguing with players, playing free kicks because of criticism from fans on the sidelines was laughable. He certainly got under the skin of players from both clubs, more so the Mallala boys.

Overall, I still feel the standard of umpiring this year has been up on previous years.
by Swamp Donkey
Wed Jul 06, 2016 2:05 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

OnSong wrote:
BoundaryRider84 wrote:
OnSong wrote:Thoughts on the BLG umps who did the Mallala Virginia game?

Who did we send you?

Sarah Jameson and Kalen Sullivan

Both were very good. If BJ can fit them in under the salary cap and he has the spare points, we should make every effort to secure their services.
by Swamp Donkey
Tue Aug 02, 2016 10:20 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Biggest disappointment is Angle Vale, we all suspected they wouldn't be up to standard, but I don't think we expected them to be as un competitive as they are. By being so far behind I don't think sends the right image about how good the league is generally as a whole.

Agreed. Although I think the standard of the league has dropped away a bit this season.

What do people think AV have to do to get up to a reasonable standard?

Pretty self explanatory I would've thought.
by Swamp Donkey
Thu Aug 04, 2016 12:39 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

OnSong wrote:
Ace of Spades wrote:
Swamp Donkey wrote:Wow...... some more sledging material right there.

Speaking of.... Sounds like you fit the bill big fella :D

Yeah, go get your hands dirty.

I'm clearly not active enough at the present time - I'm heading to Brighton Beach to walk to the kelpie
by Swamp Donkey
Wed Aug 17, 2016 3:59 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: BL&G Football League

jakovasaurus wrote:Zanandrea is another headed to Angle Vale.

He'll be wherever there is $$ - ripping clubman
by Swamp Donkey
Fri Sep 30, 2016 11:01 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Did the anti-Angle Vale alliance (Balak, HWE and United) get their way with the revised points system for next year?

Apparently due to the inability of clubs to successfully recruit and retain players we need to modify the points system - amusing :oops:
by Swamp Donkey
Mon Nov 14, 2016 9:22 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

OnSong wrote:Rumour Whitwell has picked up ruckman, Will Farrelly, from Mallala.

If true, great get for BSR, big loss for the Magpies.

Wishing the big fella all the best - hopefully he'll return to the nest one day bigger and better than ever.
by Swamp Donkey
Tue Feb 14, 2017 12:34 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I'm guessing you play one of these teams in rd 2 OS?? Surely if they had any inclination that they were going to play it on the Tuesday they could of programmed rd2 fixtures against last years cellar dwellers?? Instead Mallala play Virginia and United Play Balaklava....
Excellent point, unfortunately they can't even swap it for another round as there are no rounds during the season where both teams play the Hamley and Angle Vale the same week.
I was unaware of who played who in Round 2 when I made the comment but ultimately, it's the clubs who decided they wanted to play Tuesday, not the league.

I don't think you will find anyone from Mallala or United complaining about a short break. I think both clubs acknowledge what a privilege it is to play on ANZAC day and understand that sacrifices need to be made in order for this fixture to continue on into the future. If it means a shorter break than their opponents the following week - big deal. The worst thing that could happen is that they loose a game :shock: . If you miss the finals because of one loss you probably don't deserve to be playing finals anyway. As for programming the fixture so that these clubs face weaker opponents the following week - it would be a fair slap in the face if you were nominated as one of these two clubs prior to the season starting. I think we should leave it as it is - ultimately if Mallala or United have an issue with it - the mid-week ANZAC day clash won't go ahead.
by Swamp Donkey
Thu Mar 30, 2017 11:36 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Same as the SANFL - it's a great idea
by Swamp Donkey
Fri Apr 28, 2017 9:32 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Seems the buble has burst already down in the RFL at Berri....... The coach has walked by the looks & maybe the recruits traveling from Adelaide Plains could be returning!!!

Here is one already coming through......

Berri Adelaide Plains Football League Felstead, Cameron Pending 2017-05-01
Was this where Whitwell went too coach??
Nup - he went to BSR in NEFL
by Swamp Donkey
Tue May 02, 2017 12:31 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Paul Thomas a straight swap for Callum Hay at the Rams this week for the blockbuster at Hamley.

Big Whisky back for the Peckers, while Mitch Sandery (United), Matt Camplin (Two Wells) and the entire 2014 Hamley Bridge A grade team remain noteable omissions for this weekend's round of matches.

Tips this week:
Angle Vale v United: Tigers by 6 goals.
Balaklava v Mallala: Pies by 4 points
Hamley v Virginia: Virginia by 19 goal
Two Wells v HWE: HWE by 4 points

Ha. Nice one.
Still dirty
by Swamp Donkey
Fri May 12, 2017 4:21 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Nah mate just stating the facts, just thought it was a requirement that they had netball teams to play in the APFL ;)
Yea it thought it was too. But apparently not.

CFL may have stipulated to the APFL that Angle Vale had to remain
It's not like their senior footy can play anywhere else other than the BLG

They could play in the Amateurs where they always did.

I'm not by any stretch suggesting that this would be a good outcome for the APFL - but given the proximity of AV to the metropolitan area and the huge numbers of people involved with both country & metro forms of AV, it seems ridiculous to suggest that they are unable to form a netball club affiliated with the APFL. If they are not being forced to do so from the powers above then I expect it will always sit in the too hard basket for AV.
by Swamp Donkey
Tue Jun 06, 2017 2:35 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Clements off to join Whitty at BSR?

Yep - massively disappointing for the Maggies to loose such a quality player, but that's how the cookie crumbles.
In his seven years at the club Jordy won 3 x B & Fs, 2 x Mail Medals and was part of a couple of premierships - he's been a pretty handy player. I'm sure he'll kill it that league.
by Swamp Donkey
Tue Nov 13, 2018 9:39 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

For Virginia's sake they better not have paid a sign on fee …

https://www.naracoorteherald.com.au/story/5880104/kybybolite-fc-facing-player-payment-penalties/?cs=1488

They did for Staple........

If this was the case then report it to the SACFL - I bet it won't happen.
Clubs will continue to get away with breaking the rules if nobody actually puts a formal report in - if enough people report it, then the SACFL will investigate.
by Swamp Donkey
Fri Feb 08, 2019 9:27 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 6 - 2019

norm11 wrote:
Mythical Creature wrote:Odds on you ever paying out on other bets you've made and lost?

Lol I believe this is a fake betting agency. Are u stalking me? Apfl on a div 6 page wow. If u are losing sleep over a carton of beer I do apologise, I didn’t think u needed it.

Are you drunk norm? SuperDry or Carlton Cold MC?
by Swamp Donkey
Tue Apr 02, 2019 9:26 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

How much cash are players giving up to not play?

Pretty certain the lack of interest from most players has nothing to do with $$, but rather the opportunity to have a rare week away from footy. The Landmark Cup weekend is always on June long weekend which also offers a perfect opportunity to take a few days off work/footy. This opportunity is even more valuable to players since the introduction of AV to league which has resulted in the removal of the bye. Spare a thought for someone like a Jordan Clements in recent years who played every minor round match plus Landmark Cup, plus two games in one weekend on the Zone weekend. Is it really any surprise that some of these guys, especially those who have played association footy for 4-5 years, would rather a week off?

IMO the only solution to this if the APFL go down the mandatory part is that we have a split round at some point mid-year.
by Swamp Donkey
Tue May 07, 2019 11:21 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: NORTH EASTERN F/L

Big call swamp dog.
Obviously you don't occupy a comittee position.

Probably was a little harsh, but the current restrictions are not insurmountable for a country footy club. Yes, they require additional effort. One option is to throw it in the too hard basket, while the other is to put a bit of extra work into it for a short while. I get that clubs require players to commit under the circumstances also, and that may be a big factor for some clubs. So which is it for these clubs that have pulled out?

Btw, my club's committee is doing the extra work required to hopefully to give our junior and senior players an opportunity to play footy this year. The easy option for us was to simply throw in the towel and move on, but that would have been detrimental to our club because many of players want to play and may well find a club elsewhere to play at if we don't participate.
by Swamp Donkey
Sat Jun 13, 2020 5:28 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |