Search found more than 1552 matches

Return

Re: AFL Round 6 - Lest we forget

whufc wrote:
Spargo wrote:
whufc wrote:Please just leave these two teams to play on ANZAC Day!

There’s been plenty of crap games too.

MCG, 90k, two traditional rivals, that’s ANZAC Day!

Last years grand finalists, that's ANZAC day.
by DOC
Thu Apr 25, 2019 6:37 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Central v Adelaide Saturday 1.10

Be a tight contest. Adelaide were very good in the first half last week.

I think the Dogs can get up at home. Travis Schiller plays his 100th and I think can easily be a 200 gamer.

Centrals by 3 goals.
by DOC
Fri Apr 26, 2019 11:31 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Night Footy

The gate goes to the SANFL. $14 to get in.

If I remember correctly the figure to upgrade the lights was close to $70K.
by DOC
Fri Apr 26, 2019 12:40 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: NBA

Used to watch him on super 8 films imported from the states by our coach. That makes me feel old but it was those moments that gave me my love of basketball. His record speaks for itself.
by DOC
Sat Apr 27, 2019 10:20 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The crowds in for the QLD and NSW derbies of 13K and 29K highlight a couple of things.

Gold Coast play before 6K to 8K at times (as they already do) with no hope of getting any more which would be half of what a Tasmanian side would draw and are therefore not as viable. The Gold Coast is a graveyard for sporting clubs.

GWS despite being on the verge of a premiership over the last 3 years still can not get more than 5K to a game in Sydney and when they bottom out will have home crowds as low or lower than the Gold Coast on occasions and therefore are not as viable as a Tasmanian side. Sydney people barely go to the rugby league. Big city but not like Melbourne people when it comes to going to a match.

Give Tasmania a team now.
by DOC
Sun Apr 28, 2019 10:42 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: OAKSY Doggies Tips

Bloody Hell. Owned by the former leader of the ALP!
by DOC
Sun Apr 28, 2019 11:58 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Sturt v South Sunday 1410

Emery was outstanding and will play league next week.

Heaslip got it plenty but disposal not great (not bad either).
by DOC
Sun Apr 28, 2019 6:18 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Thats absolute crap.

1877, 1885, 1892, 1893, 1895, 1896, 1898, 1899, 1935, 1938, 1964 forever
by DOC
Sun Apr 28, 2019 7:27 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL 2019 season

He will be at North. The lure of linking up with Polec and Pittard would be hard to resist.
by DOC
Wed May 01, 2019 11:31 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Star Anise does the right and steps well to win. Thought it was going to be the BON 29.79 (aPB) but got well pipped by Cairnlea Ebony (29.66).

Looks to be a good dog at only her fourth start.
by DOC
Fri May 03, 2019 8:40 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL - Round 7 prattle

Footballers and the clubs cop plenty but just seeing the joy they have given to that little boy (think he must be quite ill) is fantastic.
by DOC
Fri May 03, 2019 11:03 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that you rate!

CFMEU v AWU ?
by DOC
Sat May 04, 2019 9:08 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

In the last five seasons, the premier has come from outside the top two in four of the five seasons. Only West Coast last year was able to convert it.

The last minor premier to become premier was Hawthorn in 2013.

Over a season, form, injuries, bad decisions, good decisions and some pure ass will all play a significant part.
by DOC
Mon May 06, 2019 10:20 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Brownlow medalists are given a bit of latitude.

I remember one former medalist used to slide in with his knees against opponents on the ground and was rarely infringed.
by DOC
Tue May 07, 2019 8:13 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Abbott/Liberal Govt Watch

It is not paid on behalf of a shareholder as such.

Lawfuly, companies in Australia must pay a flat 30% tax on all profits. However, a company is not obliged to pay tax on any profit it distributes to shareholders as a dividend. Franking credits represent the tax a company has already paid on any profit it distributes to shareholders as a dividend. The credits reduce a shareholder's tax liability at the end of the financial year and can result in an ATO refund.

Franking credits were introduced in 1987 to prevent “double dipping” by the government where tax is paid on profits by both the company and the investor.

What has emerged is that in some circumstances, investors who have a tax liability less than 30% on income, and in many cases zero, are receiving a full rebate (not the difference between the two liabilities) and as such the company tax of 30% has become zero.

This was never intended and only Australia has this system.

I get that if you are a beneficiary then you may wish to keep it. AS I have stated before, when this comes in, the amount of dividends payed will change for many companies. I will wait and see.
by DOC
Thu May 09, 2019 7:00 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL week 8 - A round of consummate pertinence.

woodublieve12 wrote:
Booney wrote:Daniher out of Friday night, "rested". #cocky

Franklin unlikely to return.

Franklin was being tested today... I reckon he'll play

Not selected.
by DOC
Thu May 09, 2019 7:09 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Just watched it. Fair bingle at the first turn took out the three roughies.

Great result for Kirin and the other owners.

AS I understand it, she tried to place her dogs in Victoria with a well known trainer who told her no. Stephen Whites gain.
by DOC
Fri May 10, 2019 1:30 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Speaking of cooked, Kieran Jack has had enough. One maybe two seasons too many.
by DOC
Fri May 10, 2019 10:33 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

If only Joe was playing and not resting they would have had a genuine target,
by DOC
Fri May 10, 2019 11:04 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Friday, 10th May
Sydney v Essendon SCG (n)

Saturday, 11th May
Western Bulldogs v Brisbane MARS
Carlton v Collingwood MCG
Gold Coast v Melbourne MS (t)
St.Kilda v West Coast MRVL (n)
Port Adelaide v Adelaide AO (n)

Sunday, 11th May
North Melbourne v Geelong MRVL
Hawthorn v GWS MCG
Fremantle v Richmond OS (t)

Have you seen Sydney play this year? :shock:

regards,

REB

Yes. More so Essendon have not won there in 10 years.
by DOC
Wed May 08, 2019 10:37 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Friday, 10th May
Sydney v Essendon SCG (n)

Saturday, 11th May
Western Bulldogs v Brisbane MARS
Carlton v Collingwood MCG
Gold Coast v Melbourne MS (t)
St.Kilda v West Coast MRVL (n)
Port Adelaide v Adelaide AO (n)

Sunday, 11th May
North Melbourne v Geelong MRVL
Hawthorn v GWS MCG
Fremantle v Richmond OS (t)

Have you seen Sydney play this year? :shock:

regards,

REB

Yes. More so Essendon have not won there in 10 years.

make that 11!
by DOC
Fri May 10, 2019 10:57 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: North V South

Thanks Mike.

South by 19 points
by DOC
Mon May 13, 2019 2:45 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that give you the sh1ts

Mid season draft
by DOC
Thu May 16, 2019 11:43 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2019 SANFL Season

Jarrad Wright extends his contract at South to include next year.

Must be going into the ruck ......
by DOC
Tue May 07, 2019 4:54 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: I need to know....

Cory Bernardi predicted all of this.
by DOC
Mon May 20, 2019 10:24 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I was going for the value due to the jackpots.
by DOC
Thu May 23, 2019 9:31 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Port Adelaide 2019

Port normally go ADL/HKG/Shanghai 8000km 1 stop about 11 hours flight time. Approx 13 hours total.

This time have gone ADL/MEL/SING/Shanghai 10500km 2 stops 14.5 hours flight time. Approx 19 hours total.

Not sure if they have done this because the AFL have made them use Virgin (code share with Singapore Airlines) or because Cathay Pacific pulled out of sponsoring? Either way, that extra stop/6 hours is just unnecessary.
How many people were on the plane?

Domestic to Melbourne full. Port contingent about 45.
by DOC
Wed May 29, 2019 12:17 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Round 11 - Split rounds after this

I want to meet robran after he’s been drinking cans for 3 or 4 hours. Would be amazing quality
Lol I'm not going sit on me hands and say it's ok team we tried it's fn AFL and we have two many amateurs running around in our side. And I think our coach gets out coached a lot and doesn't react quick enough to things unfolding on the ground.

Just reading your posts and there is no way you are sitting on your hands.
by DOC
Sun Jun 02, 2019 11:01 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

time to boot that baby home
by DOC
Sun Jun 02, 2019 12:45 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Everyone in the hospitality tents again.?
by DOC
Sun Jun 02, 2019 2:39 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

same. works well.
by DOC
Sun Jun 02, 2019 6:54 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SA 2019 Draft Watch

By Andrew Faulkner in the Austtralian
On Monday we’ll be reminded that the AFL is the VFL with the V turned upside down and furnished with a small ornamental crossbar.

Those of us in the states that are not Victoria will be put in our place. Again.

For the V, pardon, A-FL, is coming for your players.

For your star ruckman. Your centreman. Your centre-half-forward. The player your local club has groomed and nurtured and fostered. The player recruited with scarce money, only to be stolen mid-season, cruelling finals aspirations and breaking supporters’ hearts.

Stolen is not too harsh a word, because the local clubs get nothing in return.

The mid-season draft is open season on local football. About 15 players are expected to be selected on Monday in the first mid-season draft since 1993.

AFL talent ambassador Kevin Sheehan said on Melbourne radio this week losing a player mid-season was great for a local club’s “culture”.

“(It is) a little minor setback that you might lose one, but great for the culture of that club to be pushing your boys up to give them a chance,” Sheehan said.

Where to begin. Firstly, clubs such as Norwood, Glenelg, Claremont and Swan Districts aren’t lacking in the culture department. They could teach a few AFL franchises a thing or two about culture. But won’t someone think of the kiddies? All they ask is a chance!

Well, state clubs are proud when their players are drafted — in the draft proper. But not in the middle of the season.

South Adelaide expect to lose the SANFL’s leading ruckman, Michael Knoll. This, after South lost forward/ruckman Hayden McLean to Sydney as a “supplementary” recruit in March. And that, after they lost ruckman Keegan Brooksby, to West Coast as a “Pre-Season Supplemental Selection”.

As you can imagine, South Adelaide’s inventory of tall timber is starting to look a tad thin.

South fans shuffle their feet, hands in pockets, and mumble something about that just being the way of the world. Because South people are used to hardship. They haven’t won a premiership since 1964.

But there’s plenty to speak for them, such as ex-Port captain Warren Tredrea, who says the mid-season draft threatens the fabric of the WAFL, SANFL and even the VFL.

“Once again, the AFL has misread the room and got it terribly wrong,” Tredrea wrote in The Advertiser this week.

Norwood chief executive and former Western Bulldogs football manager James Fantasia says the AFL has acted in haste.

“This will have little or no impact on the AFL clubs … but the impact on the SANFL is enormous,” Fantasia says.

Fantasia said the jump from the second to the top tier was too big a leap for a player during a season. “To suggest that you can play a player from a state league, that he’s going to walk into an AFL side that same year, that’s pie in the sky stuff.”

Inaugural Adelaide coach Graham Cornes says AFL clubs are announcing “strategic retirements” so they can “ravage local leagues” on Monday.

“It should never have come to this,” Cornes wrote in The Advertiser. “In typical AFL fashion it has determined an outcome before considering the process or the impact.”

If the AFL needs more players, then expand the lists. And do it via the November draft, so everyone’s on a level playing field.

Again, local clubs are delighted when their players are taken in the draft proper.

My own club — and let that stand as a declaration of interest from a Sturt member — presently has 17 players on AFL lists. A full starting side bar one.

It’s not enough that the Double Blues gave the game attacking handball, Peter Motley and the widespread use of the checkside punt — oh, and a ruckman by the name of Brodie Grundy — we have to hand over more players in the middle of the season? What have you done with the others?

If all this isn’t bad enough, AFL clubs have admitted they won’t use the mid-season draft for its intended purpose; that is, recruiting a mature player to fill a gap created by an injury or a retirement. Instead clubs will take youngsters not yet ready for AFL, and develop them over more than the current season.

There are voices of dissent. Chris Scott, for example, is opposed to AFL clubs warehousing young players overlooked in the draft.

“I don’t think that was the intention, and it looks like that’s the way it might be used,” Scott told AFL 360 this week. “Stephen Wells, who I have an enormous amount of respect for, our list manager and recruiting manager, has been opposed to the idea for a long time on the basis that the art of list management is getting your team ready for the whole season.”
by DOC
Mon Jun 03, 2019 3:19 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Glenelg v North Mon 1410

Glenelg in their best form for some time, years. North bottom due to last years sanctions. Was that premiership really worth it I ask.

Glenelg by 19 points.
Strange question for a Souths bloke to ask :lol:

He’s still googling what a premiership is ;)

Hurtful.

Current front to back womens premiers chaps. Or had you forgotten?
by DOC
Thu Jun 06, 2019 9:16 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: South v Norwood Mon 1410

We are also wearing a commemorative 1899 guernsey (120 years since our last, sorry, premiership of that year). These guernsey's will be auctioned off and the proceeds will go to Fight MND.
by DOC
Thu Jun 06, 2019 9:23 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: ODI World Cup 2019

WE win by 15 runs. Great comeback from a shaky start. Finch captained well, Carey kept well, fielding was good.

Good if not great batting depth was a significant factor. Starc and Cummins great bowling, 7 wickets at 4.5 runs is a great combo.

Man of the match NCN for his batting performance. Highest ever score by a number 8 in the world cup and I think I heard second highest ever.
by DOC
Fri Jun 07, 2019 4:09 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Round 12 - Where's Booney?

carey wrote:Is there a more overrated bum than Cam Rayner?

It's close but Jack Silvagni is right up there.
by DOC
Sat Jun 08, 2019 4:53 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: South v Norwood Mon 1410

Capture.PNG
by DOC
Fri Jun 07, 2019 5:21 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Sweet chilli and sour cream.

Cheese and onion though are my favourites. Great with beer.
by DOC
Mon Jun 10, 2019 1:35 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Just watched the replay.

Jimmy Jacques gets right into it with the call including the " he will run some time" (or something like that) as soon as he got clear at the post.

Early I know but some big races loom large (would love to see a home town Cup winner for any of Kirin's dogs).
by DOC
Tue Jun 11, 2019 10:09 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Crows 2019

I'll bet he wasn't.
by DOC
Fri Jun 14, 2019 12:09 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Cairnlea Blue

Up for sale.....$20k.....
Almost had a heart attack on wednesday at the track when I saw that.....

Its in today at Gawler. For $20k it would want to be winning easily today....
Think its worth closer to $10k personally.
Be watching with interest.

Up against a good dog in Fly for Fun.

20K and it has not gone under 30 secs yet for the 515 at AP.
by DOC
Fri Jun 14, 2019 1:07 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I use Avast Free. Never had a problem.
by DOC
Fri Jun 14, 2019 10:31 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that you are looking forward to

#getafingerupyourarse ?
by DOC
Mon Jun 17, 2019 4:02 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Glenelg v Central District

Yep. Glenelg should not lose again this year.

Glenelg by 15 goals.
by DOC
Thu Jun 20, 2019 8:26 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Round 14 - Winter Solstice round

Sydney brain fade of the highest order.
by DOC
Fri Jun 21, 2019 10:15 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The Lankan keeper is the best laugher in the game. His two catches off the spinner and his reaction are priceless.
by DOC
Sat Jun 22, 2019 7:28 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 15 - The run home is underway

Jim05 wrote:Why are Collingwood playing a home game at North’s home?

It's their version of travelling
by DOC
Sat Jun 29, 2019 9:54 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Yes. I sometimes leave a "this car has been reported" note under the windscreen wiper. Sometimes the windscreen wiper blade comes out.
by DOC
Sun Jun 30, 2019 9:44 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |