Search found 519 matches

Return

Re: SAAFL division 6 2014

Wouldn't COMMON SENSE prevail and Ingle Farm host a triple header?? just seems logical, but then again COMMON SENSE and Amateur Leauge in one sentence just doesn't seem right, Amatuer in true sense of the meaning.....

In the minds of some the Earth revolves around the Sun, and the Sun revolves around Ingle Farm
by jo172
Thu Aug 28, 2014 8:59 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SAAFL Division 8 2014

Give CLG the home final. CBF getting up and setting up that early
by jo172
Sun Aug 31, 2014 8:43 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Junior Football

Has just been pointed out to me that PNU has won straight through to the GF in every red age group in NEMJFA except Under 15s to go along with its Under 18s winning straight through. Good times at Rosella Street.
by jo172
Mon Sep 01, 2014 4:13 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SAAFL Division 7 2014

Only situation I could ever envision being supportive of a walk off is where a game had gotten so dangerous that player, umpire and/or spectator safety became an overwhelming concern.

I can't accept that even the worst, most blameworthy, biggest cheats of umpires in the game (which I have no reason to believe the Umpires on Saturday were) excuses walking off a football field.
by jo172
Tue Sep 02, 2014 5:17 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Prices and times of grand finals

I should also add, if I'm getting on the Cans at 9 AM of the B Grade Grand Final (which knowing myself, I will be) I'll be well and truly cooking by 3/4 time of the A Grade at 3:00 pm. I don't suspect this is what the League is after.
by jo172
Mon Sep 08, 2014 9:46 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: GRAND FINAL VENUES 2014

Have to say no one saw this coming in the prediction thread!

Not overly thrilled with the proposed Sunday game schedule

Can you pull some strings and get a better time for us? Or does the SAAFL really hate us that much. I don't understand how we are meant to play our GF 5 hours earlier than when we usually play. Absurd!

The world doesn't revolve around PNU mate and our convenience is a factor but is not the decisive one.

No conspiracy. Just looking at the list of games and limited venues shows you that it's impossible to make everyone happy. I know I'll be making the friendly suggestion for the future to reevaluate the commitment to women's football.
by jo172
Mon Sep 08, 2014 9:53 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Massive Tackle wrote:I can’t believe what I’m hearing. Another coach from Ingle Farm gone. This time for affairs outside the football club.

Coaching Ingle Farm the same as being Defence Against the Dark Arts Teacher confirmed
by jo172
Thu Sep 11, 2014 5:48 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SAAFL Division 7 2014

As a host full credit to Smithfield. Won well and won graciously. Supporters were impeccable in terms of supporting the official bars and overall behavior.

Very impressed and a flag well deserved
by jo172
Sat Sep 13, 2014 8:54 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SAAFL Division 2 2014

Firstly, congratulations to SHOC - it appears to be all coming together at the right time!

Secondly, I couldn't count on one hand the amount of B grade games Tyson Burrows has played in the last 15 years, let alone this season, so imagine my surprise when I saw him r un out in the ressies today. :shock:

His 26th reserves game but who's counting.

Judging by SHOCs last three weeks and the close PNU and PAOC game last week you'd have to say SHOC will be bullish if not outright favorites.

From a PNU perspective we're stoked to have the 1s and 2s in the big dance for the first time in almost 15 years. Hopefully the under 18s do the job tomorrow and we have a great week!
by jo172
Sat Sep 13, 2014 9:29 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I'm pretty sure everyone who had anything to do with D8R is smiling. Karma hits hard and hits late. Well done PAOC and Denty.
by jo172
Sat Sep 13, 2014 9:10 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Ripping story about Hectorville in the Sunday Mail this morning. Heart warming stuff
by jo172
Sun Sep 14, 2014 9:16 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

jo172: does macca coach the u/18s as well as the A grade at PNU?

Yep. It's been an amazing blessing for the players as individuals and as a team to have a football person the quality of Garry coaching under 18s and a ridiculous boost to the club as a whole as it's made the transition from under 18s to seniors as seamless as possible. Our under 18 retention rates since he started coaching are near perfect (and have contributed greatly to our recent senior success)

36 wins from 39 games for Macca this year. Here's hoping the ratio stays that pretty come 4 pm Saturday!
by jo172
Mon Sep 15, 2014 5:03 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

http://instagram.com/p/s83bxHTQ0e/

This is pretty amusing (and relatable to anyone who has ever celebrated a flag!)
by jo172
Mon Sep 15, 2014 4:29 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Biggest Finals Upsets

morell wrote:
Footy Chick wrote:
morell wrote:I started typing out all the CLG finals chokes but ran into the safooty word limit.

now, now - probably not as bad as some... ive got details somewhere but don't have time to post.

I'd suggest that ours probably isn't much better.
yeah but everyone likes Hope Valley.

Refer you to Div 8 thread
by jo172
Tue Sep 16, 2014 4:30 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

One would think that common sense would prevail and that if Central United had in fact done something, the better approach may be to dock them points from the start of season 2015 (rather than this year), similar to what happened with Salisbury West (speaking of which ...)
by jo172
Fri Sep 19, 2014 9:41 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Just read the Sports Beats' description of PNU's recent history of failing on the big stage.

Please tell me no money from our calls goes to this?
by jo172
Fri Sep 19, 2014 11:42 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

A story that got missed in the drunken haze of the last 5 days was (and I hate pissing in this bloke's pocket) Grae Grant's return from a brain tumour that was meant to see him miss the whole season, to be allowed to play, then to cap it off with BOG in a Grand Final and 2 last quarter goals.

Hollywood stuff
by jo172
Wed Sep 24, 2014 9:02 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Coaches worth

Does Mills have an Under 18s Red Flag?
by jo172
Wed Sep 24, 2014 6:39 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Coaches worth

I think looking at coaches value on a per game/per season basis probably represents a poor measure for determining value. What you should be considering is how many hours that particular person is willing to put into your football club (per week) and the value of their hours.

Our coach spends 25-30 hours per week involved in our football club. It is impossible to be able to fairly compensate him for the time he puts in.
by jo172
Tue Sep 23, 2014 11:19 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2014 Club Best & Fairest winners

Blackwhite wrote:Payneham B&F count
A Grade - Tyler Brimacombe
Runner up - Jon Giannini
3rd - Jack O'leary

The good players won coaches awards
by jo172
Sat Oct 11, 2014 11:22 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ch9 AFL Division 1 - 2015

Not that interested in arguing the point (because who is a better coach is obviously subjective as all hell and I doubt that anyone has spent time under both Mills and Macca to make an assessment [paging the Milky Bar Kid]). On record alone obviously Mills by the length of Flemington Straight. Record however only tells part of the story because the best coach in the world can only do so much with the wrong cattle and vice versa.

Discounting junior flags, particularly under 18s flags from any consideration is a bit churlish though because obviously the strength of the juniors and in particular the strength of the Under 18s is directly related to the overall strength of the Club
by jo172
Fri Oct 17, 2014 8:40 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ch9 AFL Division 4 - 2015

Video footage... hahaha doubt it... but sounds like she must of enjoyed her stay if she goes around filming... sad really

I can't believe you were silly enough to implicate your club when no club was mentioned.

Indeed, since Pooraka are happy to implicate themselves does anyone want to fill in the blanks for those of us not watching current affairs shows?
by jo172
Tue Oct 21, 2014 9:13 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I like that we're going to have some kids who will lose their virginity before ever playing in a competitive football game
by jo172
Fri Oct 24, 2014 10:03 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Paging Jetters
by jo172
Fri Oct 24, 2014 7:56 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2014 Retirements & 2015 Player Movement Discussions

rocketeer wrote:Corey McKernan stated on 5AA that if he isn't picked up in the draft he's a good chance to play in the SANFL... for the Eagles. So that'd be what his 4th SANFL team (including Crows) in about 5 years?

Shaun possibly (although Woodville supporters might be more excited for Corey)
by jo172
Wed Oct 29, 2014 12:09 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I love how often Safooty's collective panties get in a bunch over subjective terms like "a while".

Who cares
by jo172
Sat Nov 01, 2014 8:05 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ch9 AFL Division 3 - 2015

1) there is no way in hell the league will let CLG go up 2 grades
2) THe club needs to be approached by the club wanting to stay down - not the league - therefore, CLG would potentially be waiting for a phone call from Westies themselves.
3) Given point 1, point 2 will never happen.

The league don't have a problem letting a side go down 2 grades, which is just as ludicrous.... IMHO

Did they even get close to winning a game? NO

Was it so ludicous then?

Although, with the signings their pulling now, I'd be inclined to make them stay in D5 but that's just my 2c

If Kilburn and Brahma Lodge come out and win premierships in 2015 with a bunch of fresh players the situation will only become even more comically farcical than it was in 2014
by jo172
Wed Nov 05, 2014 2:47 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ch9 AFL Division 2 - 2015

Will be really interested to see how the two relegated clubs go in 2015. Recent history has not been particularly kind to the clubs immediately coming down from Div 1 (my personal suspicion is that the gap between 1st/2nd in Div 2 and the bottom 5 of Div 1 has significantly narrowed
by jo172
Fri Nov 07, 2014 7:29 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ch9 AFL Division 7 - 2015

Well it looks like the SPOS thing is up and running according to their FB site.

Good time for the Lakes to change their official mascot to the mozzie, like I suggested when they first moved ;)

Plus, it sounds catchier 8)

In all seriousness though, is there any word on how this will affect the Lakes, if at all?

I'd say Greenies and the Farmers could possibly be impacted too.

We really need another club in our area like a hole in the head.

Its up to SAAFL HQ to maintain the club numbers, not sure how they can bring a new club in when there are several clubs struggling to field teams

Make your club a better place to be at, rather than whinge about people leaving (not specifically directed at your club Suri)

Couldn't agree more.

It's not up to the SAAFL to protect poorly operating clubs
by jo172
Wed Nov 05, 2014 11:29 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Penalties for paying players in the SAAFL

there was something in Adelaide Now - can someone post it - I CBF.

Hard to police, especially in the case of a lot of college clubs that don't pay players but allegedly find them cushy jobs and other such schemes.

easy to police piss the college sides out of the comp let them play with each other just like in the school footy

and then onto all the clubs left introduce a tuff rule like this

div 1 50k
div 2 40k
div 3 30k
div 4 25k
div 5 20k
div 6 15k

all club presidents and football directors sign a form and a justice of the peace signs of on it if they care caught over the cap in payments the club is kicked out of the comp im sure some clubs will try and work around it still but the first one to be caught and kicked out will be fun to see

and to all the people who say they will just use paper bags under the table in that case id say the league work with government to introduce some sort of law how many presidents would be willing to risk the club to pay under table then

How can I as President stop a wealthy supporter giving $200 a week to their favourite player?

Especially if I know nothing about it?
by jo172
Fri Nov 07, 2014 3:19 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Clubs squished together....

Gaza is a hell of a long way from Israel/Palestine
by jo172
Wed Nov 12, 2014 7:57 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ch9 AFL Division 6 - 2015

manbitesdog wrote:Brahma signed Tim Aloisi last night looks like they are pulling a decent side together

There's a quote about those that learn nothing from history being deemed to repeat it (hi Kilburn)
by jo172
Wed Nov 12, 2014 7:55 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I realise that Kilburn/Brahma recruiting past players is almost a necessity due to the points system/lack of junior resources and to an extent they don't have much choice if they wish to become instantly competitive.

But for those of us looking on from the sidelines there's something very cringeworthy about watching the exact players who got them in their various perilous situations coming back after each having dropped a few grades.

Quite literally when the going got tough these players got going.
by jo172
Wed Nov 12, 2014 9:24 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The_Informer wrote:Just a question, but when the league sees the clearances going in will they look at keeping them in 5 or where they should be?

Who's going to tell Blackfriars or Rosewater?

Maybe they can take Salisbury West's spot in Div 3 or Kilburn's in Div 4 :p
by jo172
Wed Nov 12, 2014 9:38 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

S Demon wrote:I wonder how many of those players would still come back if the league forced them to play in Div 3 in 2015...

So much this. Ditto the Kilburn blokes.
by jo172
Wed Nov 12, 2014 12:40 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

For what it's worth Albert Einstein's definition of insanity:

doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
by jo172
Thu Nov 13, 2014 11:27 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I'm sorry, I seem to have missed the memo where it says "bravado" was a pre requisite to comment on here, given some of the cry baby stuff I have read over the last week.. With the exception of a few most of you having a whinge come from clubs that either haven't won anything, got beaten by us when we were winning or won't ever win anything. All of you come from clubs that have payed players in the past or still do so get off your high horses and fix your own patches of grass and let the footy do the talking.

And myself and jetters ? We've obviously suffered many scrapes at the hands of Brahma Lodge
by jo172
Fri Nov 14, 2014 1:33 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Will Ingle Farm and Smithys play each other next season? if so where? last time I saw these 2 teams play Smithys were a bloody disgrace, the BRONX will always be the BRONX

From that comment, I hope you're taking the piss when you've listed Ingle Farm as your club.

Definitely a bit of pot meet kettle
by jo172
Mon Nov 24, 2014 10:10 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Phil Hughes badly injured

Really nice statement from the Hughes family

Must have been real tough for Clarke and much respect for him reading the statement on behalf of the Hughes family

Since becoming Australian Captain Michael Clarke has consistently impressed and astounded in terms of his maturity, responsibility and leadership. Legend.
by jo172
Thu Nov 27, 2014 4:59 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

so the question is what happen at hope valley last night and did they vote to go into div 3 or stay in div 4 ??????

come on footy chick spill

Buggered if I know, I"m not at Hope Valley anymore.

I couldn't see them voting to go up though, FWIW.

Why would any club not want to play as higher division as possible?? As most know, it is pretty hard to make a grand final and go up a division (just ask golden grove), so when it is handed to you on a plate why not take it? Your club may not be in a position to challenge or play finals in the higher division, but still it is worth a shot.

Seems to be the culture of the Ammos, success against weaker clubs is seen as more meritorious than competing against stronger clubs.

Never trust, believe or have any confidence in someone who uses generalised, blanket statements in response to diverse, dynamic and often complex issues.
by jo172
Wed Dec 17, 2014 4:32 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ch9 AFL Division 5 - 2015

I hear CLG are getting some nice favors from Glenelg. Bloke from work was out at Glenelg couldn't get to a few tranings due to work was told by Glenelg 'Go out to CLG perform out there and we'll look at you then' :shock: :shock:

Sister club?

With respect to CLG Glenelg referring blokes to a Div 5 club rather than SHOC or Henley could explain a lot about Glenelg's recent fortunes
by jo172
Fri Jan 09, 2015 9:16 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Heccies pulling the big moves early
by jo172
Wed Jan 21, 2015 9:26 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: ratio of juniors/non juniors

What the numbers so far show (Goodwood notwithstanding) is the true (and unfortunately obvious and hard to fix) root of Brahma/Mitchell Park/Kilburn's problems.

At it seems a majority of clubs the large majorities of playing groups are made up from junior ranks.
by jo172
Wed Nov 19, 2014 8:32 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

its been a total foil for adelaide uni who hav managed to avoid promotion and will steer clear of div 6 despite being a grand finalist. normally over the last decade on this forum, such avoidence would be causing much unrest for the usual posting peoples on here who like to fly the sandbagging flags from their artillery Adelaide Uni have been up and down the D6 and D7 divisions for years, they've had seasons where they've taken some licks and I don't think I have ever seen or heard of a single complaint. Neither on here or on game days.

So in my mind, if there was a C Grade side which would have a couple of brownie points up their sleeves in regards to staying in the 7th division, it would be The Blacks.

They also wouldn't be regarded as a clearly dominant top 2 side in Division 7 last year and arguably made the Grand Final after Houghton and North Pines wheels fell off for one reason or another. Would place them in a more precarious position than previous promotions.
by jo172
Mon Feb 02, 2015 9:02 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Does Hills C Grade still play on Sundays? Maybe it's something to do with that.

I'm not overly fussed where Blackwood puts its teams, I do however think that if they're only fielding one side in the SAAFL that side should be put in a C Grade with Div 7/8 reserved for two (or four) side clubs.
by jo172
Thu Feb 05, 2015 12:39 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

If that is the case, they dont come under the 3 player rule then either.

I'm reasonably certain the three player rule is for people who have previously played 25 games in seniors for the club.

Zero pointers are people who have played 25 games previously or fulfilled the junior/old scholar requirements.

I don't think having fulfilled the old scholar requirements is sufficient to overcome the 3 player rule.

It's also noteworthy that the 3 player rule is discretionary. If Broadview isn't concerned about the number of players it won't be a problem.
by jo172
Wed Feb 11, 2015 1:30 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ch9 AFL Division 3 - 2015

I hope Glenunga gets to go up. Would be a fantastically Grand Final free meteoric rise
by jo172
Tue Feb 17, 2015 10:11 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Example - let wing field be their reserves side & play them in in div 8

Why should Clubs with Cs and Ds be forced to split up for the benefit of clubs who can only get one side up?

yes i hear you brother, and to extend that further, why should Cs & Ds be dumped within a division of bottom of the barrell agrade clubs just to keep them alive too!!!

Because they nominate for that Grade at the Club's discretion?
by jo172
Wed Feb 18, 2015 10:09 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

So, correct me if im wrong, not 1 club in div 4 would back themselves to go up to Div 3 and be competitive enough to avoid relegation? Since I would think that would be the aim should you go up at late notice, solidifying your spot in the division would be a good year IMO.. No club here thinks they could do that?
Perhaps the clubs think they have built a good enough squad to win a premiership in Div 4 (and only one of them will be right) and with only a couple of months until Round 1 don't want to have a year of just "hanging on" in Div 3 and would rather have a red hot crack at winning a flag. Isn't that what we're all in it for? These are my individual thoughts only

From a HV point of view, we were 10-15 goals worse than Golden Grove who are currently the 9th best team in Div 3. So we would come in as the 10th best side and be 10-15 goals behind them! It's a simplistic view, but thats the reality of it

Couldn't agree more. Anyone who would rather come 8th in the division higher than they're currently in rather than having a crack at a grand final in their present division is pulling their dick
by jo172
Wed Feb 18, 2015 3:25 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |