Search found 266 matches

Return

Re: Ch9AFL Division 4 - 2017

Smithfield Sports and Social Club is pleased to announce the appointment of Josh Considine as our senior A grade coach for season 2017. Josh has completed 3yrs as our reserve's coach, including achieving regular finals action. We look forward to supporting Josh and our playing group as we take on the challenge of division 4.
by zedman
Tue Nov 08, 2016 4:08 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ch9AFL Division 4 - 2017

Barossa Light and Gawler Football Association Smithfield Bellman, Ian Pending 2016-11-20

handy ruckman returning..
by zedman
Mon Nov 21, 2016 10:36 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ch9AFL Division 3 - 2017

Did... did... did FC just hashtag????

:shock:

sometimes you just need to fight fire with fire.

As a sidenote and completely off topic, I'm even refusing to watch MKR for the first time ever this year because of the two hashtaggers in the ads.

that's how much I hate hashtags.

i might change my profile pic to this:

http://d1nr5wevwcuzuv.cloudfront.net/stores/avatars/64156/medium/avatar.jpg?1355971790
by zedman
Thu Jan 19, 2017 4:08 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ch9AFL Division 5 - 2017

Lockleys just starting to gain a little momentum and keeping things on the downlow
I'm sure the Zedman is going to deny and deflect like the master tactician he is but plenty of little wins over the pre season
Last years medalist big Martinello has come back bigger, stronger and hungrier with 4-6 kgs added to the frame
A few senior players seem to have made a bit of a commitment to the big chief and will curtail the European in season holidays in 2017
Not sure how the 10 million dollar redevelopment is going but that is sure to be handy
Good numbers on the track and a couple of good committee additions to assist the growth in junior programs
Some of the boys really feeling the sting of a missed opportunity last year and keen to make amends
A few lads in the human movement Uni courses looking to bring in some late recruits to add to the depth
#BathyengagesZedman

engaged..

file://server/Users/steve/My%20Documents/Downloads/Summary_Budget_and_Annual_Business_Plan_2016-17.pdf

An amount of $2.5 million has been budgeted for further shared community facilities and related development, with further funding of $5.0 million projected over the next two years. The funding is for the redevelopment of Lockleys Oval and Apex Park.

not sure when it starts but it was promised if the coalition was elected..we await patiently..

in regards to recruiting, we are always fishing for king george but equally happy to catch a few other fish..we dont have the flashy lure$ others do.. :)

H has had a big summer in the gym..

we love human movement and uni students bathy..all welcome at rutland ave!
by zedman
Fri Jan 20, 2017 3:47 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ch9AFL Division 6 - 2017

might interest some of you..HBF should be all over it and get some recruits from down south!

http://hackhamhawks.weebly.com/news

After extensive discussion with the Southern Football League it has been decided that the best avenue for the club to move forward, we will be fielding a C Grade team in 2017.
by zedman
Fri Feb 03, 2017 2:56 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Ingle Farm will not make the Grand Final based on one thing most of them are HOGS

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/09/52/bd/0952bd6098369d9c6e2c48852fb9343a.jpg

i think farmers will be right up there..its almost their time..wcfc have a few top guns to replace..fitzroys recruiting has been A+ but lets see if it gels..

to have elizabeth out of the top 5 is a bit naive..also that pulteney will drop from div 5 to 9th in div 6..most likely another year where % will be critical..win 9 games at home and you play finals i reckon..
by zedman
Tue Feb 07, 2017 12:59 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Dogwatcher wrote:
He was a thug ;)

we actually played against each other in the 2005 season and GF.."hard at it" i would say! :)
by zedman
Wed Feb 08, 2017 11:29 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Is Martinellos future up in the air at Lockleys? Renmark offering big coin to lure him away from Demonland

tell them to grab a ticket and get in line.. 8)

Don't worry Zedman the God of Lockleys won't be leaving in 2017 anyway ;)

dude was getting in early eh? :)

ebony marinoff is the current god of lockleys right now!
by zedman
Mon Feb 20, 2017 9:50 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ch9AFL Division 7 - 2017

So someone speaks to the Greenacres coach and he is upbeat and positive and is confident they will get the numbers, but on here instead of getting behind that it gets dismissed by everyone who isn't involved at the club. No one would know better than where they are at than their coach imo.

exactly..the vultures circling need to STFU!

some are almost joyous to see claims of a demise..how about backing and supporting a struggling a club instead of kicking them in the teeth?
by zedman
Tue Feb 21, 2017 9:26 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

mighty hounds wrote:Is Martinellos future up in the air at Lockleys? Renmark offering big coin to lure him away from Demonland

tell them to grab a ticket and get in line.. 8)
by zedman
Mon Feb 20, 2017 9:40 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Demon Juke wrote:That will push Para Hills over the edge - Holland & Cree!!

its countered by this:

Lockleys Mitchell Park Knowles, Wayne Pending 2017-02-21 8)
by zedman
Wed Feb 22, 2017 9:06 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Things not looking to good out Greenacres way.be lucky to fill two sides and won't win many games if they survive at all apparently. Hope it's not true. Norm,perhaps the rumours (which are getting stronger) in October may be on the money after all.

Was told yesterday that the Clark Boys of to Kilburn, we have to see if that happens.
Are they, If greenies hend up folding or are only able to provide the 1 side ,who ever gets them brothers they would be a very handy late pick up. :D :D

you imagining them with blue and white hoops coman? ;)
by zedman
Wed Feb 22, 2017 8:59 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Looks like zedman and co have been very active on there recruiting, zedman I often amagine that we had the Clark brothers, I have to admit that I have imagined martinelo rucking with bellman too,lol :roll:

that would be a difficult duo to control! good luck mate..will be watching the scores closely..
by zedman
Thu Feb 23, 2017 8:32 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

we do try and target ex lockleys juniors and seniors a lot..there would be over 10 ex juniors in the A grade squad now..its good for the culture of a club..
by zedman
Sun Feb 26, 2017 8:02 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The question i would like to ask is why would a club not communicate with another club regarding its transfers? Story is one club has cleared 3 of the 10 or so that want to move to another club just down the road. Yet the club receiving the new players don't talk but will send the heavies down on Tuesday night to put the heat on the club that has declined the transfers. I think its better not to mention the clubs but they go by the initials Marion Football Club. Nice work in your first year back. If you cant talk to the established SAAFL club. After re-joining from leaving previously you would think you would follow the rules rather than use underbelly type tactics.

when did marion join the saafl?
Ballsed up there, was thinking about Brighton when i was typing this. Nice work Al!

There is a 3 player limit as yankman said. Different circumstances can lead to over 3 being allowed but it requires both clubs agreeing to it.
by zedman
Sun Feb 26, 2017 10:54 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 6 - 2017

a top shelf club from last year has dumped their B grade coach..and its not zartan after last nights performance.. :P
by zedman
Fri Mar 10, 2017 10:43 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 4 - 2017

Smithfield Adelaide Plains Football League Moss, Adam Pending 2017-03-17

by zedman
Mon Mar 20, 2017 10:28 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Smithfield Adelaide Plains Football League Moss, Adam Pending 2017-03-17

You would have seen a bit of him Zedman, what sort of player is he?

not as big as dad but very smart around the goals out of a pocket or flank..we used to put a player on him who spreads well because his defensive action was fairly minimal..stocky build and very experienced..
by zedman
Mon Mar 20, 2017 4:05 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Southern Football League

thanks to marion for the hit out yesterday..presented with over 45 players and whilst they were under the pump in both games they fought it out and gave a us a physical contest around the stoppages..they wont play finals but there is something to work with there but its a long haul..good luck to ben and his boys for 2017..
by zedman
Sun Mar 26, 2017 9:10 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Footy League D7 - 2017

morell wrote:Unley C/D's very competitive and gave us a bit of a touch up in a trial on the weekend, how come they're not playing in divvy 7 this year?

why are you lying about the result??

by zedman
Tue Mar 28, 2017 2:39 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 5 - 2017

Half Back Flanker wrote:Chadd Spurr will only bolster Lockleys chances this year.........another great masterstroke by the Zedman!!!

i cant really take any credit HBF..hes a very switched on individual..respectful and humble..a great addition to rutland ave..
by zedman
Thu Mar 30, 2017 11:30 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Flinders University vs Adelaide University - 12 points
Mitchell Park vs St Pauls OS - 30 points
Prince Alfred OC vs Adelaide Lutheran - 24 points
Tea Tree Gully vs North Pines - 42 points
Para Hills vs Central United - 48 points
Whats this Morell? Tipping against your own team?? Think you're trying to take the pressure of yourselves bud??

HBF will have them ready to go..playing with enthusiasm and passion at home they will defeat SPOSFC imo..

FUFC
MPFC
ALFC
TTGFC
CUFC
by zedman
Tue Mar 28, 2017 1:04 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: What did we learn from round 1

Lightning McQueen wrote:Oh, and I learnt that Greenies have two teams much to my amazement from here, they also have a dude with the coolest name I've seen, he wore #3 in the magoos.

i concur..saw it saturday night..best name ever!
by zedman
Mon Apr 03, 2017 11:15 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

There's one AFL player we can all agree on, and it's Rory Sloane <3 My favourite player outside Port. Utter legend. On and off the field.

and even more ironically, a ren't him and KC shacked up together in some sort of venture .

Opposites attract...and you know

It aint fiction, just a natural fact 8)

yes:

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2016-03-31/sloane-ready-to-mix-business-with-showdown-pleasure

i dont see any clearance lodged either..beefy might be playing with ya!
by zedman
Wed Apr 19, 2017 5:16 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

West Croydon Vs Mawson Lakes
West Croydon
IN
A.Carr, R.Towns, R.Palmer, J.Watkins
OUT
W.Smith, M.Malupo, S.Cooper, G. Sumpton

Mawson Lakes
IN
M.Fitzgerald, C. Mellow, M. Fulgueras, J.Morrison
OUT
A. Buying, S.McMillan, M.Marshman, I.Novosel

just in time.. :)
by zedman
Fri Apr 21, 2017 12:40 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Half Back Flanker wrote:Hills Football League SA Lockleys Naley, Samuel Pending 2017-04-24

Handy zero pointer Zedman ;) ;) ;)

great to have him back where he belongs mate!
by zedman
Wed Apr 26, 2017 11:14 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Smithfield knocking off top team in Colonel Light Gardens a great way to get their first win on the board. Webber provides big target up forward with Ashby, Gray and co, defense solid and big Bellman gives first options to Cooky, Angove and co. M.Lane just never stops running and gives his all. Maybe the start of things to come after a couple of unlucky results early on, they are definitely improving.

jake mentioned the inclusion of webber is a big plus as its gives them good direction and a genuine hit up forward, cook and ashby are top quality when on..another player could be returning as well i was told..
Ashby and cook are really on at the moment zedman,they are really enjoying their football,and we may get garner cleared by next round.

congrats on your first win coman..getting the big bull back in the middle will improve you by 3-4 goals at least..
by zedman
Tue May 02, 2017 10:11 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Looking forward to needing 3 balls and not just one spare behind the goals we are kicking too. 43 and 53 scoring shots the last 2 weeks so let's say each shot takes an average of 10 seconds to retrieve the ball. That's allot of wasted time. A spare ball at each end makes sense. Let's have a vote?

a lot of time is wasted whilst the opposition have the ball as well..get rid of them and then you can just pile the goals on like a training drill.. 8)
by zedman
Fri May 05, 2017 10:32 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Looking forward to needing 3 balls and not just one spare behind the goals we are kicking too. 43 and 53 scoring shots the last 2 weeks so let's say each shot takes an average of 10 seconds to retrieve the ball. That's allot of wasted time. A spare ball at each end makes sense. Let's have a vote?

a lot of time is wasted whilst the opposition have the ball as well..get rid of them and then you can just pile the goals on like a training drill.. 8)

Much like last year's gf

if you say so..where you there?? :shock: 8)

the reserves coach hogged quality players and left the A grade and their coach to be relegated as he got his flag..this year the A grade is much stronger..hence, so are the reserves..
by zedman
Fri May 05, 2017 11:42 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Hey Zed. Haven't seen any comments of last weekends game. Can you give a bit of a match report? Would have thought you guys would have gotten up over Woody South.

to quote the great greg popovich:

"We lost, they won and they played better"

cats have been competitive in every game in 2017 and adam said it was the best they had played all year by a mile..kudos to them..kicking only 1 point with the breeze in the last quarter obviously sealed our fate..we lick our wounds, of which there is plenty, and try to respond this week versus rosies..
by zedman
Thu May 11, 2017 11:06 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

smithfield had what other clubs would see as draconian rule sets including suspended games for not wearing proper attire on game day, suspensions for yellow cards and suspensions for missing training like phfc just did..but for that club it worked and it worked very well..at other clubs it may have led to walk outs..keep in mind that the league had them on a short rein so it was also part necessity..credit to thommo for that strong stance which produced great results..
by zedman
Tue May 16, 2017 11:20 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

oldman wrote:Elizabeth B grade are the best B grade team I have seen in the last few years across div 5 and div 6. Clearly the team to beat. Their skills moving the ball inside 50 is exceptional and considering the score in the A grade maybe a few should be playing higher?

this is brilliant! :D
by zedman
Mon May 22, 2017 10:00 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Zartan wrote:Question of the day.
Is Salisbury West's Nick Kershaw (9), the biggest, dirtiest thug in D6R?

by zedman
Mon May 22, 2017 9:58 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

boom recruit isnt "wrong" as such..you could use either terms..

A boom recruit is one that is (expected to be) the very opposite of a bust.

#covfefe
by zedman
Thu Jun 01, 2017 12:21 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Well done to @Carey on his superb hosting job on SA Footballer TV on YouTube this week.

Absolutely loved the stitch up of the bloke from Mitchell Park that never.....ever......EVER! Shuts Up. Gold :lol:

Looking forward to doing a show with you in the near future. 8)
About the 4:45 mark.

VyNb5PWGIgk

dutchy looking very trim..hosie..not so much.. :lol:
by zedman
Thu Jun 01, 2017 4:52 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

So are you going to pull on the shorts or just conduct the game from the bench??

So many players...he can't even get a gig on a 7 man bench in the C's :lol:[/quote]
Offered my services to Hendo but he rejected me :(

I'd love to play against my own boys are smash them :lol:[/quote]

There would be a few in the C grade happy to line up against you :lol:[/quote]

dont you mean "line you up"? :)
by zedman
Fri Jun 02, 2017 5:30 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

SMOSH West Lakes Mitchell Park Roberts, Thomas Approved 2017-06-02 2017-06-08

a 40 minute drive matters little when HBF wants you back! :D
by zedman
Thu Jun 08, 2017 4:42 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Footy Chick wrote:Have a new recruit walk into the club off the street last night @Zedman? ;)

I heard he's pretty handy in front of goals 8)

2020 recruiting drive!
by zedman
Wed Jun 14, 2017 10:22 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

BZB27 wrote:Zedman getting the air time

great publicity for the club and totally unexpected..eddie is the man..we jokingly told him he could train thursday night as well if he wanted but he wasnt available because he was helping feed the homeless..legend..
by zedman
Fri Jun 16, 2017 10:50 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

How the hell are div 6 and 7 the most populated threads. Surely there should be more interest in div 1 & 2 but those threads are ghost towns. Thankfully I get a bit of interaction in div 5 especially if I dare talk the Rams up.

Anyway as fate would have it another juicy division 7 nugget has been unearthed today with one of the coaching alumni being offered a role at a league club in 2018. Probably a no brainer one would think that he will have new home next year.

you are the poor mans damian barrett growler! only one coach would fit that bill atm..his current club might have to up the ante.. 8)
by zedman
Wed Jun 28, 2017 12:05 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

thanks to bob and the hvfc for saturdays games..they suffered a sad loss friday night and played inspired footy in the A grade just failing to hold onto a lead..great to see them take some time out and come into our rooms for a few drinks and eats before heading back up grand junction rd to remember their mate..best of luck for the rest of the year..
by zedman
Mon Jul 10, 2017 11:36 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

surely ALFC are faves?..havent lost for 13 weeks..beat PHFC by 8 goals last time they met and have a B grade who are undefeated..

ALFC 1.50
PHFC 2.00
MPFC 8.00
TTGFC 10.00
SPOSFC 20.00
by zedman
Wed Aug 16, 2017 1:09 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Any odds on offer for the Farmers to not kick 6 goals?
Match Goals
Under 5.5 - 51.00
Over 5.5 - 1.001

First Quarter Goals
Over 5.5 - 2.15
Under 5.5 - 1.95

Points Total (Ingle Farm)
Over 79.5 - 1.93
Under 79.5 - 1.93

Most Goals
Matt Perry (TOS) 4.00
Grae Grant (IF) 4.50
Brad Sanderson (IF) 5.50
Ryan Clarke (TOS) 6.00
Travis Eves (TOS) 9.50
Luke Smith (IF) 10.00
Anthony Spence (IF) 20.00
Any Other 11.50

https://media.giphy.com/media/VTxmwaCEwSlZm/200.gif
by zedman
Fri Aug 18, 2017 5:14 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Looks like the game will be played at St.Marys. Not too sure who that favours.

Just looking at the playing list for Glenunga they seem tight on points from the 2nd Semi. Do they have anyone to come back in worth any points?

i think it favours pooraka and their running strength/game but winning 4 in a row is difficult..rams have lost a key mid..a battle between the tall timber forwards of glenunga and the running power of pooraka..bulls have great momentum now..not shocked that they won on saturday..we saw first hand how well they are going the week before..but surprised at the size of the smack down..doubled the scoring shots and could have won by 12 goals plus..

congrats to armstrong from pooraka..very worthy winner of the division award and showed his class saturday..well done to martinello as runner up..

congrats to our #deesbees getting into another GF..same path as last year but a very much improved list and playing good footy at the right time..looking forward to getting back to st marys..

welcome to div 5 zartan and inallseriousness..a win for stability and determination..enjoy your week!
by zedman
Mon Sep 04, 2017 10:25 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The Bedge wrote:
Q. wrote:Revolving doors at Mitchell Park? President, Football Director, B-Grade coach all resigned?

Stepping down doesn't concern me.. taking on new roles at another club however... that's a little alarming.

at another club who will be the "enemy" in 2018 as well.. :shock:
by zedman
Wed Sep 27, 2017 11:47 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Q. wrote:Para Hills should go after Ocker now he is out of a job

by zedman
Thu Oct 05, 2017 2:40 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Q. wrote:
zedman wrote:
Q. wrote:Para Hills should go after Ocker now he is out of a job

Hahaha, one of my favourite gifs

i actually said "wtf" when I read that..what gives?

congrats as well daddy!
by zedman
Thu Oct 05, 2017 2:42 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 7 - 2018

norm11 wrote:I’m hearing Lonsdale and mp have done a trade

a FD goes one way and a coach the other..like ships passing in the night..
by zedman
Thu Oct 26, 2017 1:45 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 5 - 2018

Ill welcome my self back to the div 5 thread after the short back packing tour in div 4.
Im looking forward to the bedge's weekly wrap ups,also the odd chat with zedman,and to be able to catch up with the footy chick frew out the year.
Any movements as yet anyone? Smithy boys are already on the track excited for 2018.

hey coman..looking forward to our games with smithies again..lots of mutual respect between our clubs..div 5 looks like being as tough as 2017..and that was tough..pulteney the new glenunga? who will the new coach bring to bos? will bedge eat all the pies?
by zedman
Fri Nov 03, 2017 10:58 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |