Search found 266 matches

Return

Re: COVID-19

Very generous move by the umpires and it will make a huge difference to the clubs, umpires fees are a big part of a footy club budget.

Lets remember them before and after the game and make sure they get a few benefits.
by zedman
Mon Jun 01, 2020 12:21 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Best and worst grounds.

Mitchell Park is a good surface and good lights also (do they get used for games?) but not sure of the appeal to be listed as one of the best.

I can't believe West Croydons away change rooms escape scrutiny, or do senior team just not used them?

we stay outside at half time if playing WCFC, its basically a shower cubicle with some benches..
by zedman
Tue Jun 02, 2020 1:44 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Should also be noted, player points still apply and the AdFL have said already they'll strictly enforce the 3 player rule.. so those clubs who think they're gonna go out and recruit half a country club could be in for a shock.

And all to win a Premiership that basically means nothing (huge asterik next to it)??

*sigh

seriously..there have been "compromised" divisions over the years for various reasons..should those flags have an *?

off the top of my head..what about divisions that had only 7 or 8 teams?

divisions that had C grades in them playing A grades?

clubs losing all premiership points during a season and missing finals?

clubs being kicked out of finals midway?

clubs not being able to play at home in finals and having to use neutral ovals?

etc etc..

the clubs that can push through all this adversity and get to hold up a cup are just as deserving as any other year..
by zedman
Thu Jun 11, 2020 1:41 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 5 - 2020

"All that said, we will leave Interchange numbers as originally advised of 22 in the A Grade & 23 in the Reserve grade but all Reserve Grade Matches will be a flat 22 Minutes not 25 minutes as proposed. "

happy bedge?
by zedman
Mon Jun 22, 2020 1:10 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

South Australia will soon allow a two-square-metre per person rule for venues, making it one of the most open states in the country
Trust the process. 8)

New Footy Season Format Options for 2020
Postby zedman » Fri May 08, 2020 2:16 pm

there will be bars, bbqs and canteens..trust the process..

word..
by zedman
Tue Jun 23, 2020 1:33 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: New TV Show - Between The Posts

The Bedge wrote:I'm a big fan of how the show is split into segments, so you can just go straight to the segment you want to watch.. like the 12min of me me me time from the Lockleys coach. 8)

*throws eggs at bedgewick
by zedman
Thu Jul 23, 2020 10:30 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

So just wax around in the back half and look like wankers ?
With 44 goals and 61 scorings shots including 15 goals in the last quarter, i'd say they were already doing a good job of that.

its your clubs players who wrote the book on the utter annihilation of reserve teams..2 footies at one end ring a bell? #glasshouses ;)
by zedman
Mon Jul 27, 2020 2:04 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

whufc wrote:
zedman wrote:
The Bedge wrote:Is that AJ as runner?! :shock:

AJ is the runner..not coaching..

Who is coaching?????

josh is..
by zedman
Mon Aug 17, 2020 2:26 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Kenilworth absolutely robbed in the dying seconds when they were 5 points up. Some shocking decisions made by one umpire that changed the outcome of the game. Especially the one where the kenilworth player shouldve been rewarded a free kick for in the back. Instead it was called play on which resulted in a lockleys goal and a gf win.
If he got hands on the ball it isn't in the back, he didn't use his hands, the two HTB's were a bit harsh but there, especially from where the umpire was stationed.
From where I was watching it looked like a unrealistic attempt to mark the footy and clearly shouldve been rewarded a free kick.

Here’s a tissue..cry me a ******* river..

Umpire said he got a hand to it, player said he got a hand to it, 2 other players said he got a hand to it, that’s play on. Htb 35m out to kfc with 4 minutes to go(and goaled) the same as the two htb Lockleys got.

Kfc were incredible all game but our guys never stopped and the football gods said it was our time. Truly felt for my kooka mates but that’s footy.

The scoreboard never lies.

3/3
by zedman
Mon Sep 28, 2020 12:19 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Very dusty old mate!
by zedman
Mon Sep 28, 2020 12:34 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Hogg Division III 2021

Congratulations to ZedForce as he took out the Div 3 Hogg Shield with a come from behind win over the Kiwi Krappers.

Going into Sunday's fixtures the Krappers held a 58 point lead with Grundy, Waterman and Bianco as uncommon players, Zed had DeGoey, Heppell and Goldstein.

As the odds appeared to heavily stacked in favour of Zed, Waterman had other idea's and pulled his finger out of his arse to give the KK's a glimmer of hope, it was all in vain though as Bianco was about as useful as Newcombe and McCreery as the ZedForce ran out winners 2346to 2320.

Liamscrows won the Nothing Cup convincgly as he saved his best til last with an impressive 2534 to 2255 victory over Port For Ever.

Well done Zed, you played the game perfectly this season, good luck in your promotion to div 2.

Awesome work Liam, great back half of the season and finals campaign.

thanks for all your work LM and REB!
by zedman
Mon Aug 23, 2021 2:58 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2022 Adelaide Footy League - Division 7

The strip running North South that's neither City nor Beach but is close enough to both would be a nice investment. Plympton, Park Holme, Ascot Park, Clovelly Park, Mitchell Park etc
In the last month in Melrose Park there have been at least three $1 million sales, one yesterday at $1.8 million on Caufield Ave (I am told)

Correct but Caulfield Ave is in Cumberland Park.
by zedman
Sun Dec 19, 2021 9:22 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2022 Adelaide Footy League - Division 4

Another bag for Adam Proud.. takes him to 41 goals this year.

100 on the cards?
He's a good player, Walkies the best side I've seen this year, very well balanced.

got some height, 59 a monster, plus real quality around the ground, the ruck is impressive #14, then you got 2, 5, 11 and 21 and proud to finish it off, red and white cats were really good against them saturday as they got it to 1 point down with about 10-12 minutes to go, kfc won in round 1 so they are beatable, have to play 9 games away second half of the year after their first 9 at home! :shock:
by zedman
Mon May 16, 2022 1:55 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2023 Adelaide Footy League - Division 7

wristwatcher wrote:Ingle Farm get their man. Super appointment.

Good luck Carey. Ironically not the "Carey" on here that was rumored to be heading there. :D

Look out Div 7. 2023 will be a good year to be a Bulldog.

very good get, best of luck to IFFC and payney
by zedman
Tue Nov 01, 2022 12:59 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2023 Adelaide Footy League - Division 4

Not much structure or tactics required when the opposition can’t even score. You should thank them for actually showing up.
by zedman
Sun Apr 23, 2023 8:14 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2023 Adelaide Footy League - Division 5

Ha ha stop sooking, all prelims are neutral. It’s not a new thing. Top three means you get a double chance and that’s it. Next year finish top 2 and then you will have nothing to whinge about.

You're a goose mate. Only just changed to neutral preliminary finals. Kilburn get 2 home finals in their 100th year. Gepps will smash them. CLG had half a side 21 or under. Let's see where both clubs are at in a few years time. Still just hanging in there aren't ya?

it got changed to neutral finals for preliminary in 2020 due to COVID and at grounds that had the COVID action plan.

Kilburn got 2 home finals as they finished 2nd to host the Qualifying final, and lost so was able to host the 1st semi final as being the highest loser in that game.

I would be proud of what Zwecky is doing at the Den by bringing in some young players who have earnt their spot, future is bright down at the Den.

Should Zwecky be called the "Hinkley" of the ADFL?

Seems to get lots of wins during the season and choke in Prelims and GF's?

Only know the Lockleys history over that period, dont want CLG to follow that path.

Haters going to hate eh?

Nothing wrong with being compared to an AFL coach though, thanks beagles.

2015 - 2020 at LFC there was one lost GF and one winning GF.

There were 2 finals won with direct entry to GF's and 2 prelims lost.

How about some respect for the teams that defeated us in those games?

Being successful isn't always about winning, you cant win every year, its about building culture and standards that players are keen to come to and be involved in. Maybe look at the 2022 Div 5 GF result and understand you don't always win even when you are the favorites.

In 2015 LFC was a club going nowhere, now they are a destination club fielding 4 men's teams. I'm very content that I left LFC in a much stronger position than I found it. Isn't that how a coach is judged??

I don't really think you give a **** what happens to CLG so your mock care is worthless.

Feel free to message me with your real name so we can discuss your thoughts further, rather than a weak drive by like this. I wont hold my breath waiting.

Cheers
by zedman
Tue Sep 19, 2023 1:40 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |