Search found 221 matches

Return

Re: Southern Football League

Wow, Flaggies pretty mouthy right now, any other previous comments you want to dig up at this time King?

Still 4 weeks to go
by Look Good In Leather
Sun Aug 30, 2015 11:20 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: HFL Division 1 (Central)

What the hell is with firstly playing the 1SF & 2SF on separate weeks, but secondly, and more crazily, playing the 2SF the week BEFORE the 1SF???

Uraidla are going to go into a Grand Final having played no footy for 2 weekends and a week off before that. They might be fresh, but I would have thought the length of time between games is more a hindrance than an advantage, how rusty are they going to be. Are they expected to organise a couple of trial games or something? This is probably one of those occasions where there is more advantage in losing than winning.

Has to be the most bizarre programming I have seen. I thought the ridiculousness of trying to relegate the premier last year took the cake, but this steps it up a level again. You guys must be on acid, or maybe the air is just thinner up in them hills.
by Look Good In Leather
Mon Sep 07, 2015 9:40 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ch9 AFL Division 7 - 2015

marbles wrote:nonetheless, its wonderful to see that the development of the little battler clubs finally hasnt been impeded by the depth of the div 1 div 2 clubs

Adelaide University?
by Look Good In Leather
Fri Sep 11, 2015 10:17 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Re: Points System Is Crucifying Country Footy

8. Payments made to players for representative football will not be deemed a football payment (up to $150 Association, $300 Zone, $500 State).

So the expectation now is that we should be paying our players to play rep football. They are happy for us to pay our players a bit extra as a reward for playing in their meaningless lightning carnival.
Agendas all over the place here.
by Look Good In Leather
Sat Sep 05, 2015 11:37 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: coaching scuttlebug 2016 SFL

From Facebook: "Christies Beach Football Club Committee would like to announce the appointment of Todd Bache as 2016 A Grade Coach."
by Look Good In Leather
Tue Sep 22, 2015 12:56 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

woodublieve12 wrote:
Look Good In Leather wrote:
woodublieve12 wrote:Anyone have a link where you can see all the vote getters?

The SFL generally don't publish it

Ahhh k. Bit odd. Thanks for the reply mate

Wouldn't want little Johnny finding out he did not receive any votes - we're all equal here...
by Look Good In Leather
Tue Sep 22, 2015 12:56 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Dutchy wrote:Senior Coach of the Year - Ben Coleman - Morphett Vale

Should command a good price at Happy Valley then, being the best coach in the League
by Look Good In Leather
Tue Sep 22, 2015 12:54 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ch9 AFL Division 4 - 2015

Half of the state were on facebook after the GF saying we bought the flag..

Edited for accuracy.

Get over it and stop being a sore winner ;)
Just Salisbury, that loser from Hope Valley and some B grade loser from Plympton

Best not to get on here when you have had a skinful, makes you look like a rambling idiot.
by Look Good In Leather
Fri Sep 25, 2015 1:01 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SANFL restructuring Junior footy in Metro Area?

First decent thing I've seen come out of the SANFL for juniors in the 5 years I've been involved
Fully support what they are doing.
There may have to be some tweaking, and those with a self interest will fight it to the death, but the transition rate from juniors to seniors is at a devastating rate and getting worse.
Finally, the SANFL is being the peak body and doing something about it

The proposal only includes up to U/16, so not sure how this is going to fix the transition rate from junior into seniors.
Also, surely splitting the juniors away from the senior club is only going to make this worse.
by Look Good In Leather
Thu Oct 08, 2015 11:07 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SANFL restructuring Junior footy in Metro Area?

FOURTH ESTATE wrote:Could never understand how the Southern League could be considered a Country League???? with all those clubs right in the middle of the Metro area.

Yeah, a bit like Hills FL & BLGFA
by Look Good In Leather
Tue Oct 13, 2015 9:38 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Down the Hill wrote:"3 years of u/16 and u/18 coaching - getting HVFC to the GF each year!."

And still having nightmares about running into Brighton each time :D

...and never got torn apart

by Look Good In Leather
Thu Oct 15, 2015 6:07 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2016 state footy

so based on your definition, there has never been a game of state footy, as even the SANFL only represent one comp

sorry champ

You could argue that the SANFL is the peak body in the state, and certainly pre-1991 a rep team from the SANFL would have been the best players in the state, and as a result could justifiably be called a "State team"

C9AFL is not even close to any of that
by Look Good In Leather
Thu Oct 22, 2015 3:51 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: HFL Division 1 (Central)

cracka wrote:
lovethefooty wrote:thanks for that cracka.
so I guess the extension question is:
if they would be competitive in the top flight, why wouldn't they want to play in it??

Don't know, maybe just happy to play within their means. They did play div 1 in the early 90's.

Translation "big fish, little pond"
by Look Good In Leather
Tue Oct 27, 2015 9:22 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Re: Points System Is Crucifying Country Footy

Any clubs having trouble recruiting players under this new salary cap,
Looks to me the brown paper bag business is going to boom this year.
How much does the zone registra get paid?
He's going to need a lot of petrol tickets chasing brown paper bags flying out car windows

Or if the players partner plays netball or tennis will be on $500 game :D

Noarlunga Netball Club going to have a highly paid team next year? :)
by Look Good In Leather
Wed Oct 28, 2015 5:15 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

How many teams have left the SFL in the past 25 years? I think Brighton are the last team to enter (and stay) in that time.
Brighton only one to have stayed
Edwardstown & Mitchell Park the only other two to join in that period
Go back a little further and Marion and Morphettville Park have now been with us for 28 years

As for left, McLaren, Kangarilla, Meadows went during that period. All division 2 teams

2 mergers - Lonsdale & O'Sullivan Beach and McLaren Flat & McLaren Vale

plympton left after the 1989 season as well

Didn't Macclesfield come and go in the 80's?

Flagstaff Hill joined in 1985 as well

The question stated "in the past 25 years"
by Look Good In Leather
Sun Nov 01, 2015 9:45 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

An environmentalist's financial institution?
by Look Good In Leather
Sun Nov 22, 2015 12:19 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: CH9AFL Division 6 2016

... except the Southern League which is very ordinary, and all but the top 3 or 4 sides are really awful ...

You have been pushing this line for a while, except previously it was only 2 sides with the rest "really awful". Will be interesting to see how Edwardstown go as they are one of these "really awful" teams you talk about.
by Look Good In Leather
Fri Dec 04, 2015 9:48 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: RIP Scott Weiland

I know I'd be in the minority here, but to me, Tiny Music... was STP's finest moment.

If I was to rank each album from first to worst, it would be:

1. Tiny Music...
2. Purple (a close second)
3. Core
4. No. 4
5. Shangri-La Dee Da
6. Stone Temple Pilots (save for a couple of songs, it was shite).

Absolutely agree
by Look Good In Leather
Sat Jan 09, 2016 12:43 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

vics01 wrote:
LGIL
Hang On!!!!
Morphett Vale don't use points

From the rumours LGIL you guys will have to borrow points from Mvale (& probably $$) to accommodate your team this year??

I think MVFC are offering them for $1000 a point from memory
by Look Good In Leather
Tue Feb 09, 2016 4:51 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Dutchy » Fri Apr 01, 2016 9:30 am

strike me pink wrote:
I see from the program that MVP are hosting 2 under 16 matches, why should clubs need to get extra support staff down there for 1 match and let them get all the catering revenue as well.

Excellent point, MVP are down for u14 games also and I see Marion are getting games as well (including an Aldinga home game v M/Vale!) , why reward these clubs that have wanted nothing to do with the SFL Junior set up?

I see on the SFL Face book site they are defending the decision to send junior games to Morphy parks as it cause clubs resources to be stretched when they have their juniors play away from their Seniors when playing at M/Park. .

Given M/Park don't have Juniors, it would mean one club is always being stretched by being down there!!

Feeling the love guys as usual. Any body think that we were the only club to go to the new SANFL comp. There was 2 others that went as well. I'm pretty sure that just because we don't have juniors it isn't the reason the draw is all over the place. There are a few other clubs that are missing different grades

Difference is 11 clubs are 100% committed to the SFL - your club is not, neither is Marion.
Brighton are fielding all Saturday teams, they have helped cause the Sunday U/16 competition to collapse, but if they continue to field all the grades on Saturday, they are doing all we expect.

We used to whinge about Edwardstown, but at least they contributed U/18 & C-grade teams.

Yes there are other teams not fielding particular grades, but those clubs are completely committed to the SFL at the moment, so our efforts should be to support them, rather than clubs that have shifted their teams elsewhere at the first opportunity.
by Look Good In Leather
Fri Apr 01, 2016 5:18 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Interesting LGIL. If we were that keen to go we would have been the first to join not the last, something you already know. When all the other clubs around us joined up we had no choice. Imagine if C/Beach juniors played in the GSFL when all the clubs around you played in the SFL. What do you think would happen. You wouldn't survive. That's what it would have been like for us. It's about making sure you can keep the doors open and playing in a comp that suits your players and there parents. Only time will tell if the SANFL comp is a success, that will give us something to talk about later.

Edwardstown did have a C grade and an U18's, nice contribution. I'm sure we still had more teams in the SFL than they did. So maybe we have contributed a little more than you think. Also we didn't ask to have other junior games played on our oval in front of our seniors. Happy to help other clubs keep there teams together, but if you think that we are going to make so much more money by hosting 2 U14 and 2 U16 games you are sadly mistaken. Our volunteers will be there to set up the oval clean out the change rooms and give you something to eat and drink if you want. Maybe a Thank you Would have been better than bagging us.

I understand the argument that Marion and Brighton forced your hand, but I don't completely buy it. You had the opportunity to be the point of difference in the area, for the past 29 years you have avoided playing in the parklands competitions and remained in the SFL whilst your neighbours were playing in SAAFL/SAFA/MSJFL etc and you have never been "forced" to go. You and Marion were the only clubs in the SFL north of Majors Road for 4 years and during that time you won an A-Grade premiership, Marion were extremely strong and your juniors grew during that period to become very competitive by the time Mitchell Park joined and then Brighton joined.

I have heard people saying that losing Morphettville Park and Brighton is positive for the Sunday comp - that is fine except we have lost the U/16 comp and now have to deal with the clusterf**k that is the Reynella White situation with wanting games on Sundays and yet again dragging our clubs apart.

I am angry at what is happening to our league, it is in the process of collapsing yet no one seems to care. We need to consolidate it back to communities playing against communities, whole clubs playing together against other whole clubs - that is what our league is based around and why we are not just the 8th division of the parklands league. In 1987 our league gave your club a lifeline when the Southern Metro league folded, now we have the SANFL trying to divide and conquer us and you have taken the bait rather than holding out and allowing us to have greater bargaining power. When you needed a Sunday option to suit your demographic, it was provided, yet at the first opportunity it has been thrown in our face . I am struggling to see a future for the SFL beyond the next five years in its current format. Unless we can recover and retain our clubs as a united unit rather than the soulless senior/junior split you get in town then there is no real point to us remaining a separate competition.

I am not bagging you, you just have completely different requirements to the majority of clubs in the SFL, and it is having a detrimental affect on the league. We are not a standalone senior competion, that is a different league, if Morphettville Park and Marion need to be collateral damage to salvage our league, then it is time for the SFL clubs to look after their self-interest, just like you have done with your juniors.

The example you used above if CBs juniors were playing in the GSFL, the key with that is that they would be playing with our seniors and our club could be one - I am hoping that does not need to be the solution and that we can have that in the SFL.
by Look Good In Leather
Fri Apr 01, 2016 11:13 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: New Clubs for 2017

Would a division 3 team draw with a division 4 team?

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
by Look Good In Leather
Sat Jul 23, 2016 7:30 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Reading the last 4 pages makes me want to throw up. So all us loyal SAAFL clubs get stuffed around and have less chance of a little bit of success, but more chance of being demoted, just to accommodate 2 SFL teams. And One that left our comp, but now wants to come back. So glad i have worked my ass off since October to try and succeed.
Leave em in SFL or start in div 7. Why should we suffer.
Bit like when Ingle Farm joined in 1989 in A6 and the A7 Premier (Para District Uniting) missed out on promotion to accommodate them.
by Look Good In Leather
Tue Jul 26, 2016 2:45 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Maybe Mawson Lakes should merge with St Paul's

by Look Good In Leather
Fri Jul 29, 2016 9:09 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Morphy parks SAAFL bound in 2017. We have had our ups and downs over the last 30 years but it has been enjoyable. We take plenty of good memories with us and I'm sure some clubs will be sad to see us go. Others, you have got your wish. One club without Saturday juniors gone.

Whilst I am supportive of the decision of you to leave, and think you have made the right decision, from a senior football point of view you will be missed. Have always enjoyed playing against you with some cracker games along the way + you W&D have been one of the friendliest club administrators around.

Sincerely all the best and good luck to the club, hope it is a successful move for you.

Won't miss the pasty tho :D
by Look Good In Leather
Fri Jul 29, 2016 5:57 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Brahma up by 6 goals over woody Sth half time brahma acting as if there winning a grand final...

1 of your players kicks a goal and 17 of his team mates run 2 him sends chills up the spine everytime...... give me over celebrating anytime if thats what ya call it ....... showed they were a team playing as 1 from where i sat

we all see it different obviously

Did they warm up at the correct end?
by Look Good In Leather
Sun Jul 31, 2016 1:42 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Has everyone seen the under 12 carnival groups?

Why would you place the alleged better sides in one group?

It is akin to having BRAZIL/GERMANY/SPAIN/FRANCE/ARGENTINA pooled in one group in the world cup!

I assume to avoid one sided blowouts, funny this is only considered an issue for the precious minis.

Then again, how could it be assessed if there is strictly no scores to be kept?
by Look Good In Leather
Thu Aug 11, 2016 10:31 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I was walking my dog and came across Noarlunga v Brighton at Marion oval on the weekend. Two things stood out...the scoring to the sturt road end with the breeze was very noticeable, and the amount of swearing by the players was a tad too much, when my 6 year old daughter asks me "Daddy, what does f**king hell mean, those men keep saying it"

So concerned with my earlier post that I said it 3 times!!! Sorry people WiFi playing up.

Lots of scoring at one end because of strong wind and players swearing. Thanks for your input MW. What planet did you just arrive from?

Piss off idiot. Don't expect decent families to attend your rank competition with the redneck behavior of your players

It's ok mate, the "idiots" will "piss off" to the parklands league next year so that should get rid of the potty language out of our "rank competition".

Please avoid using insults in this thread, or don't post if you cannot control yourself.

I hope your daughter does not read your post.
by Look Good In Leather
Mon Aug 29, 2016 7:00 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Cannot be considered A-Grade if you are playing against reserves teams. Kills a competition, just look at the SANFL, no one cares anymore.
by Look Good In Leather
Tue Aug 30, 2016 8:05 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Dutchy wrote:Under the new proposed grading's there is less Saturday football

In the SANFL Juniors there's no Saturday football
by Look Good In Leather
Wed Nov 16, 2016 6:49 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Surely someone coming out of the SANFL U/18 system would be able to get at least a B-Grade game

The SANFL has not declined quite that far yet

Had plenty of times last year where we had SANFL Under 18s return (either not selected that week, had the bye, returning from injury etc) and don't reckon they ever even came up for selection in our senior sides.

Maybe at some of the lower clubs they would certainly be useful, but if they are that good then either the SANFL Club will not be dropping them or when they have the bye they won't be allowed to play for their local Club.

For many years the SANFL ran U/19s while we were either U/18s or U/17s - when was this an issue then?
by Look Good In Leather
Wed Nov 23, 2016 4:53 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

SHOE BOY
No change am bays , this programme is to identify the 2nd tier .
The pathway structure to Glenelg , South Adelaide , West Adelaide will continue and any standouts in the academy programme will be directed to league clubs.

Except to say an U18 coming back from SANFL may not have a junior grade to play in..

Surely if a player is coming back from the SANFL U/18s, it would be better for their development to play senior football.

Presuming they can get a game in the Seniors

Surely someone coming out of the SANFL U/18 system would be able to get at least a B-Grade game

The SANFL has not declined quite that far yet
by Look Good In Leather
Wed Nov 23, 2016 12:46 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Our League has a new name!

the milky bar kid wrote:RIP - LGIL posting "it's not amateur" every week

Reality has finally been accepted - yay!

State Amateur Team gone too and a new rep jumper for the League
by Look Good In Leather
Mon Mar 06, 2017 11:59 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 5 - 2017

No but unless he was in America when it happened, then it's a biscuit...
What if it was Subway? Do you go in and ask for a Subway biscuit or cookie? ;)

*note* it wasn't a subway cookie lol

Subway are american, therefore use of the word cookie is acceptable as it's their marketing.

However, if your kid was munching on a YoYo/ monte carlo/scotch finger/etc...- then it's a bloody biscuit.

SOrry, this is one of my biggest pet gripes.

Some people hate people putting their feet on dashboards - I hate it when people continuously try to americanise our language.

However, the above has nothing to do with D5 so lets get back on track please.

I always order "chips" with my Maccas
by Look Good In Leather
Thu Apr 20, 2017 1:55 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL support for local footy

18.4 of the SACFL Regulations (http://sanfl.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2017/01/SACFL-Rules-Regulations-Updated-18Jan17-Clean-Version.pdf)

Each Zone Advisory Council may decide on the way ... transfer fees are divided... minimum 40% but be paid to Affiliated League Club...

Effectively our clubs used to get a cash amount to reward us for a drafted player that debuts + another payment after 10 games

Now it has been turned into a "grant" that needs to be used for the development of junior football. Of course all us incompetent clubs are incapable of using their generous gift for suitable purposes in their eyes so we need to account for every dollar only supporting junior football as that is the only valuable service we provide to the game at our lowly level.
by Look Good In Leather
Tue May 09, 2017 1:52 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Amateur League Looking at taking over Junior Football

This is half the problem, coaches at that level get too caught up in winning or losing that they start blaming the umpire. It's meant to be participation only, no scores kept.
Who comes on here and starts bragging about a win-loss record at U/8 level?? :shock:
by Look Good In Leather
Wed May 10, 2017 4:49 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: University PHD Project - feel free to have your say

The fundamental suggestion that the pay gap is the result of a sexist in human resources is deciding to pay men and women differently (which is actionable) is laughable.

If one is going to try and defend that pay gap a far better argument is to suggest that it's a reflection of what society values, supply and demand.

Not sure it is even the economical argument (supply, demand, value) that is at play.

I have never encountered a female who has been paid less than a male for the equivalent role in the same organisation, nor less desirable because they are female.

What I have seen, however, is where a female exits the workforce for a period of time to tend to a family, usually at a critical developmental period in their career (25-35). At a later date they return at the same level that they left (if they have the benefit of maternity leave and a right of return), or have to start again at or near the bottom. Meanwhile the male who continued work during that period has progressed up the chain.

When you see articles/papers about the gender pay gap, it generally refers to an average or mean. I am not sure we will ever have a solution to this unless it becomes a social norm for a mother to have a lesser involvement in their child's upbringing.
by Look Good In Leather
Wed Jun 14, 2017 5:47 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 6 - 2017

Computer Crashed wrote:
Zartan wrote:
Computer Crashed wrote:Wasn't that hard to work out was it ?

Not as hard as only posting once :lol:

******* IPads.

Maybe time to become "Computer Fixed"
by Look Good In Leather
Tue Jun 20, 2017 10:18 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: NEW SANFL WIN/LOSS STATS

During the week as Official SANFL Historian, I asked the budget to reset Port Adelaide WIN/LOSS records from 2011-2017.

In 2010, The Port Adelaide Football Club wanted to formalise a Reserves team in the SANFL. In doing so, it gave up its share in Football Park, its place on the Football Commission, its Junior Zones and signed up to an agreement with the SANFL under its AFL Parent Licence as the “Powers” seconds side and had agreements to run an Academy Side in the SANFL Reserves competition. The Old Port Adelaide amalgamated its assets (Prince of Wales Hotel) under its “One Club” drive and achieved its aim.
It is therefore time to realise that the stats for this side needed amending on official SANFL records and publications. it was incumbent to make sure that we record our history with accuracy and note that Port Adelaide (Magpies) must be seen as a new SANFL entity since 2011 seeking to win its first Senior Football Premiership.

The revised win / loss stats should be adopted in this weeks Football Budget and wasnt a decision made by the editor or the budget so please don't hassle them.

Should really be a separate set of records between 1997 and 2010 too as that was the "Port Adelaide Magpies" entity rather than the "Port Adelaide" that shifted to the AFL.

The decision from 2011 makes sense, we don't combine Woodville & Torrens records into the current day WWT.
by Look Good In Leather
Fri Jun 30, 2017 5:38 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 3 - 2017

Preview of Grand Final tomorrow, two top teams play, Brighton vs Flinders Park.

Should be good game, FP get their chance to win playing at home, or Brighton just way better than any other team in the comp?

Wow, Brighton!! Hand them the trophy now??

Think their only danger is Golden Grove, they did not beat them by much and they play tough footy which could bother Brighton.

Should have never been parachuted into Div 3

Yep should have started at the bottom like everyone else
by Look Good In Leather
Sat Jul 22, 2017 11:02 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

So Reynella A's would play Christies Beach C's in that comp right?

and the idea is to level the scores out?

no one of Reynella's 2 c grade teams could play in that division My mistake I didn't see Reynella in Div1 too.

I think the idea has merit but needs some tweaking. The SFL cannot maintain the status quo, that much is for certain. Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results isn't going to cut it.

There is no Northern Football League. I see no reason for a Southern Football League. With new infrastructure and the urban sprawl, there isn't even a geographical need anymore. Would ultimately think the entire comp could be merged in the with the AdFL over time. Is the AdFL going to provide a full day of football, including juniors? - no

That is why there is still a reason, and why there is still a Hills FL (Eastern).

by Look Good In Leather
Wed Aug 02, 2017 11:07 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 3 - 2017

Come on guys, it's a winter sport - surely a bit of mud isn't the end of the world
by Look Good In Leather
Tue Aug 15, 2017 1:01 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Is Cricket losing its appeal to the general public.

It's the only sport I can think of where the pinnacle is just a bunch of bilateral friendlies. Between 3 countries. That sells cricket massively short imo.

A four yearly program would allow each team to play each other team at least once home and away and also allow the big events such as the ashes to remain untouched. Whilst giving context to the lesser contests where interest is waning

A four yearly program?

That would mean absolutely nothing.

Yeah, just like the World Cup means nothing.

Oh yeah, and the Olympics
by Look Good In Leather
Sat Sep 16, 2017 1:53 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SFL Grand Final Day Competition - win a stubbie holder!

Dutchy wrote:MatteeG & LGIL I reckon I still owe you one form last year, will arrange next week with winners of this years [maybe you again!]

Yes, you do :lol:

Looking for 3 in a row...

U/13 - Christies Beach
U/15 - Flagstaff Hill
U/17.5 - Reynella
B-Grade - Noarlunga
A-Grade - Flagstaff Hill
by Look Good In Leather
Thu Sep 21, 2017 12:39 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: HFL Division 2 (Country)

From The Outer wrote:Huge in for Nairne has appeared on the clearance page. Not just a super player but a great bloke.

Is it too hard to type a name, or are you pumping up your own tyres?
by Look Good In Leather
Thu Apr 19, 2018 10:01 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 7 - 2018

Would also mitigate timekeeping shenanigans.

*Waves at West Croydon*

Seen much worse shenanigans with no time on, ie the ball that gets booted over the road and the home team suddenly cannot find a replacement, the player that goes down with a supposed life threatening injury only to jump up and start celebrating when the siren goes... etc

If you are not going to play time-on, don't call it A-Grade football, that is embarrassing.
by Look Good In Leather
Tue May 08, 2018 12:20 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Hasn't played I don't think, big pick up for Kenilworth and a big drop in grade for Harman.

Is it really a big drop in standard?

When was the last time a player from sfl came
And dominated div 5 or higher adelaide footy league?

We had a guy last year ended up playing twos and won the Anzac medal in the sfl this year.

I dare say half of the sfl teams would be no more then solid div 5 teams

Ohh dear Scottyroo, you've poked the SFL bear :D
I smell a LGIL post.....

You rang?

To be fair, there are some good players in Division 5, the talent just drops off quicker than the in higher divisions, and the mid to top SFL clubs.

As for how our clubs rate, Morphettville Park and Edwardstown have clearly demonstrated that our mid-range clubs are better than "solid div 5 teams".

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
by Look Good In Leather
Wed May 16, 2018 4:23 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Interesting to read the posts on this forum about clubs going up and down the ladder. It happens every year in every competition but clubs have to limit the damage when it has its turn in the bottom half of the ladder. I think the bigger picture at this stage is the over all product of our Senior competition. Im a strong fan of the SFL and felt that going to 9 teams for the short time was a good concept. On the field, teams play each other twice which gives an even and fair chance to play finals. Off the field it gives the clubs the opportunity to have home and away games so all clubs can make much needed revenue. As an example if Noarlunga in the past had 9 home games but two were against Marion and Lonsdale but did not get home games against Reynella and Morphett Vale, the club gets far less turnover.
The Senior Grades product has fallen away badly with clubs not really improving. With the exception of Flagstaff hill who are a power house at the moment and would be in the top couple of teams in any SFL era. We as a league do not get big name players into it anymore as they drive straight past the SFL clubs and go the GSFL. I think we are seeing the worst crowds and atmosphere at our A Grade games for many many years, if not for ever. Something has to happen urgently or clubs will look at other League options and the SFL will disappear.

Have to disagree on this, so far this season we have seen increased revenue at the gate, bbq & canteen with a definite increase in attendance. The standard on Saturday (and in some previous weeks) was some of the highest quality I have seen over the past 25 years. Every week has been reasonably competitive, without the traditional "loss making" games against some of the clubs that have left where visiting crowds were almost non-existent.

We have a very good top 6 at the moment, and the bottom three are in no way as far behind as the bottom clubs have been in previous seasons. In better shape the Hills FL at the moment where only the top 5 are competitive and their C-Grade competition has collapsed, and I would argue in better shape than Great Southern at the moment, where 2 teams are not close to being competitive (average losing margin > 80 points), one of those having to combine junior teams with another club that is struggling to field junior teams. It seems a lot of the criticism/praise is based on reputation from 5 years ago rather than what is actually happening at the moment.
by Look Good In Leather
Mon Jun 04, 2018 1:34 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

footyfan82 wrote:Interesting scenes in the reserves on saturday @ mitchell park. With both teams warming up at the same end!
Marion first out, obviously picked the end reserved for the home team. They Must have forgot to put the sign up

First come, first served
by Look Good In Leather
Mon Jun 18, 2018 10:29 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Lynch not happy at Lonsdale , wanting to go back to Mitchell Park. Don’t shoot the messenger may or may not be true.

Ive heard his kids dont even play juniors at the club, anyone confirm? :shock: :shock:

Lonsdale don't have any juniors do they??

They have an U/15 team in the SFL overflow competition and an U/12, U/10 & U/8 team in the SFL minis.
by Look Good In Leather
Mon Jul 02, 2018 1:07 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |