Search found 192 matches

Return

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 2 - 2018

Got the all clear from the bosses and thought the boys looked just as good if not better than the mish mash of fashion at other tables. We still like to bring a bit of SFL flavour to the AdFL. Club polo is standard get up for the SFL medal night. Very well run night it must be said. Food was top shelf and didn't realise drinks were also on the house. Very slick operation to be all over by before 10pm.
by Down the Hill
Tue Sep 11, 2018 8:27 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Preliminary Final teams.

Well they’ve brought in the big guns to make a decision. As a judge and QC surely the laws of the game must be upheld. Regardless of what rules or by-laws are put in place by a league regarding the game day penalty for having too many on the field one thing that seems to be consistent is that a player count conducted by the umpires has to take place after requested by the opposition captain. This didn’t occur so not sure how the outcome of the game can be changed. I suspect he may give recommendations as to preventing this happening again such as umpires checking with the benches that the correct number of players are off the field before the umpire starts each qtr but I can’t see him coming up with a finding that contradicts the laws of the game.
by Down the Hill
Mon Sep 17, 2018 7:26 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 2 - 2018

SA Footy doesn't appear to be hip enough for many of our Old Collegians friends so this may fall on deaf ears but congratulations to SPOC in deservedly winning the Division 2 flag. They were undefeated for a reason and despite challenging them at times in our 4 matches this season we just couldn't fully nullify their height in the forward line. Saturday's conditions plus losing Jock McLeay early gave us every chance to neutralize their forward marking power but O'Brien was superb on-ball and so was Schultz at CHB.

We certainly can't complain about our first two years back in the AdFL and happy to settle with a 1st and 2nd on the basis that it puts us into Division 1 in 2019. A massive challenge no doubt and the recent history of the majority of promoted teams means we will have to work bloody hard to make a difference at the top level. But we are excited at taking on some of the powerhouse clubs of community footy and next season can't come quick enough.
by Down the Hill
Mon Sep 17, 2018 6:40 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 4 - 2018

Ive known of Mr Leys when he made valuable ongoing contributions at my club

I knew him as a man who would consistently devote hours and hours of his time to juniors and seniors on & off the field each and every week

For a man who has won SANFL premierships and played a bucket load of AFL games his ongoing contribution to grassroots footy is absolutely tremendous. We as a football community are lucky to have him in our ranks

And now he has steered a bottoming out club to back to back premierships what else can the guy do right

and geeze a coach had a massive spit once upon time, first coach ever to do so was he?

He was a mongrel of a centre half back and that aggressive nature is what made him a champion of the game. Someone in your experience must of copped a bit of that passion during a pressure game im sure he was later apologetic.

This is bordering on eloquent Marbles. You better get back on your meds.
by Down the Hill
Tue Sep 18, 2018 8:47 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 1 - 2019

youd kinda rather see the Grand Finals played at Old Iggies new oval than thebby, but sadly no fences.

Old Iggies are just a tenant of the new Karen Rolton Oval. It's a full SACA Complex now (noting the back ovals have been SACA managed for years) and as of this summer will effectively become the new Adelaide No. 2. There's already been a Futures Game played on it and it will become the main venue for all State Women's Cricket. Not even sure if Iggies could even host their own home finals due to SACA wanting to get it ready for cricket come September. It's one of the things that annoys about SA and Adelaide. It is a magnificent complex and the surrounding landscaping when finished will make it a picturesque Cricket venue despite almost being in the heart of the city. Yet there is very little publicity about the work that has been done and the investment made by Govt, Council and Cricket. Many South Australians wouldn't even know what changes have been made to the old Railways Oval.
by Down the Hill
Sat Nov 03, 2018 11:42 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Is it just me or is the SA Footballer Facebook page just promoting all that is wrong with some of the players in community footy these days. These mercenaries who club jump are mainly tossers who crave attention and love the profile that social media and the internet can give them that wasn't around in the last century with footy at this level. I played with and against blokes in the SAAFL who would run rings around most these guys and they did it for nothing other than a pizza voucher every few weeks and a nice trophy at the end of the season. But for clubs today to promote the ego of many of these wannabes by posting profiles and pictures of their "big signings" is the biggest crock of s--t I've come across. One bloke just signed by a non-AdFL club has his name and photo up in lights despite his new club being his 4th in 4 years. And they went as far to say he has signed for 2019 and beyond. Interesting to see what beyond looks like in 12 months from now suckers. Don't get me wrong, a bit of love for players heading back to their grassroots club from the SANFL or AFL is OK but give me a spell with some of the other crud being posted. Anyway, that's my rant.
by Down the Hill
Thu Nov 08, 2018 10:49 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 5 - 2019

Vea, oops I meant via which club LK. ;)
by Down the Hill
Tue Feb 26, 2019 1:52 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

And after Easter it's a big Anzac Day clash between Brighton and Henley at Henley. Could be a chance to meet the famous Marbles if they let him out the asylum for the day.
by Down the Hill
Thu Apr 11, 2019 11:57 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 2 - 2019

I was going to say the same thing Trader. That bounce was never coming back up to him. Perfect tackle from the Seaton lad when dealing with a don't argue. And a nice face plant from Harris of Seaton as he tried to intervene. But definitely if you react that way to being fairly tackled then you should take up another past time.
by Down the Hill
Tue Apr 16, 2019 11:52 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Pre season hype about Smiffies is unfounded. No leg speed. Heavy decks will suit them but won’t be a factor when it’s dry. The current top 3 will fight it out.
by Down the Hill
Sun Apr 28, 2019 12:24 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Is there any glory to be hunted in Div 5 Ressies?
by Down the Hill
Tue May 07, 2019 9:36 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I think LM may be referring to another player PP and other incidents rather than the bump on the Seaton player by Rolfe who clearly wears number 5 in the video and a quick check of team sheets on SportsTG.
by Down the Hill
Fri May 17, 2019 12:04 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The Ashes 2019

Head has to play. His form in the warm up games prior to the Internal Trial was very good. Marnus has played 10 county games for Glamorgan this season and bowled 192 overs and taken 19 wickets at an average of 38. And in those 10 games he's scored 240 runs more than anyone else in Div 2 of the County Championship with 1114 runs at an average of 65 with 5 hundreds and 5 fifties and an impressive strike rate of 76. So my team would be:

Warner
Bancroft
Khawaja
Smith
Head
Labuschagne
Paine
Pattinson
Cummins
Starc
Lyon
by Down the Hill
Wed Jul 31, 2019 3:28 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The Ashes 2019

Smith's style and technique is not for the purists but he just seems to be in his own time zone compared to other bats. Even the quickest of bowlers never do him for pace. I've never wanted to rate Kohli as high as Smith but now prepared to concede Kohli is with Smith in a league of their own. Kohli is probably the more vulnerable looking early in his innings but once he is set his shot execution is a joy to watch.
by Down the Hill
Fri Aug 02, 2019 10:49 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 7 - 2019

Think about it lads. The SportsTG system would not be sophisticated enough to deal with how the league is structuring this comp. Whether they can make a manual adjustment or not who knows but the bottom line is that Greenacres can only finish 5th at best regardless of where the ladder has them.
by Down the Hill
Sun Aug 04, 2019 6:27 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Promotion/Relegation

It is a sensible system in ATCA because you can lose a cricket semi-final due to the toss and/or the weather but in the AdFL a minor premier gets 2 cracks at making a GF. They did in the final 4 that the league had for years and they still do in a final 5 with the added advantage of having a week off at the start of the finals series. If you can't make the GF in those circumstances then I'm happy to accept you are not the best or second best team in the comp regardless of ladder position at the end of the minor round.
by Down the Hill
Thu Aug 15, 2019 11:02 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Great Southern Football League

Country leagues are notorious for being light handed with suspensions or for blokes getting reported in the first place. If they are going to endorse the videoing of matches for public consumption then they have to act accordingly when a reportable offence has occurred. Surely it is a worse look for the league by doing nothing rather than being concerned about being the league that has issued the final suspension to someone who gets deregistered as a result.
by Down the Hill
Wed Aug 28, 2019 3:35 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

That was a 2nd semi Carey so Athelstone play SHOC in a Prelim this week.
by Down the Hill
Sun Sep 01, 2019 8:58 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Heck, that wasn’t my finest hour on SA Footy. Anyway, congratulations to Daniel Bass.
by Down the Hill
Thu Aug 29, 2019 8:50 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Southern Football League

Well if "playing the system" is legitimately qualifying players by having them actually play when their name is on a team sheet then nothing for me to see or say here. It was our club who pushed for the eligibility rule from 4 games to 6 games to ensure that clubs couldn't try and squeeze 4 games out of a regular SANFL U17/U18 player when their SANFL team had Byes.
by Down the Hill
Tue Sep 10, 2019 5:56 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: C Grade 2019

Were some of the guys on here born yesterday. We play triple headers all year and the finals should be no different other than circumstances when it could be more practical to separate the C grade. The ONLY grade in finals that impacts getting promoted is A grade hence why the higher placed team gets the home final and the lower grades get arranged for best fit to try and keep clubs together as much as possible. That is why some triple headers this week are a combination of QF and EF rather than 3 QF at one venue and 3 EF at the other venue. There have been examples of a C grade final being played as a stand-alone game or slotted in with another grades finals but that will usually only occur if those clubs do not have a higher grade playing the same day. I have attended a C grade Preliminary Final that was played as a stand alone game and I've seen more atmosphere and crowd participation at a kids Under 8 game.
by Down the Hill
Mon Aug 19, 2019 9:59 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Thanks "heeps". I've now discovered he had a B grade stint at Pulteney before Henley. I forgot that you are the spokesperson for multi-club B grade coaches.
by Down the Hill
Mon Sep 23, 2019 3:23 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Brighton Bombers Presentation Night was held tonight. Over 100 at the Morphettville Junction.

A grade
1st - J.Carger
2nd - J.Boyle
3rd - O.Carthy

B grade
1st - E.Drew
2nd - J.Brown
3rd - T.Hoare

C grade
1st - J.Farrant
2nd - J.Watt
3rd - M.Pethick
by Down the Hill
Sat Oct 12, 2019 12:50 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 1 - 2020

Careful lads, this newly created SA Footy user calling himself "joeyunit" will hunt us down for poking fun at The SA Footballer.
by Down the Hill
Wed Oct 30, 2019 3:23 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

But we are all ill-informed and clueless according to that Facebook Page.

What is starting to s--t me is all the speculation about $$ that players must be getting etc. Whilst many of the blokes getting their mugs on that FB page are playing at their 3 or 4th club in 6 or 7 years and clearly $$ is a factor, there are still plenty of talented footballers out there who genuinely love playing footy and aren't doing it for $$.

I don't know Tyson Goldsack but from several interviews I've heard over the years he comes across as a level headed good bloke despite playing for Collingwood!! He declared back in August that he was moving to Adelaide with his wife Chelsea (Adelaide girl?) and young family. I've heard no talk of him having a role at Port/Crows/SANFL so I'm assuming he may have had non-football related employment arranged and that is where a connection with SPOC may have come into it. No doubt he could have got big bikkies in the nearby country leagues if he shopped himself around but can't people just appreciate that here is a bloke who still wants to have a kick at a decent level without the time commitment that SANFL requires and not fussed with demanding the $$ that he could still earn from playing footy.

I'm sure he would have done his homework and despite our friend pumping up the quality of BLG, HFL and GSFL, Tyson has clearly chosen the best comp outside the SANFL.
by Down the Hill
Fri Nov 01, 2019 10:00 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Greatest Sheffield shield cricket teams

Ummm, Allan Border is a Queenslander Mal.

Come on TDK, you're better than that. The oval of Border's old Sydney Grade Club Mosman is called Allan Border Oval so he is has two ovals named in his honour, the other of course being Allan Border Field in QLD.

Those NSW greatest shield teams are clearly based on performance in the SS for NSW hence why Katich and Bevan make the first 11 and Trumper, Smith, S.Waugh and Walters only make the third 11.
by Down the Hill
Wed Nov 06, 2019 8:28 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Yes it does Dutchy but the new two level clubrooms are getting built where the grandstand and old rugby club was. It will be a similar set-up to Campbelltown Oval with changerooms, canteen etc. on the lower level and clubrooms/function space on the upper level, however it won't quite be as big and palatial as Campbelltown. The work is scheduled for completion in mid-June 2020 and we will still play all home games at Brighton in 2020 without any radical changes to the fixture. Our existing clubrooms remain standing and will continue to operate until we move into the new complex and will we have temporary changerooms brought in to cover us for the first half of the season.
by Down the Hill
Thu Nov 07, 2019 9:17 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

It does however highlight the lure of the KNTFL. The recruiting by most clubs in that league over the last decade has been next level compared to the rest.

But keep on punching Vics01 - always gets me excited when a Vics01 post is showing as the most recent post in the SFL thread.
by Down the Hill
Mon Nov 18, 2019 1:21 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SANFL Junior codes

SANFL Juniors advised clubs of 2020 playing dates way back in November from memory. Pretty sloppy for any club admin to not be across this until now. Cracks beginning to appear along Blacks Rd.
by Down the Hill
Mon Feb 17, 2020 7:43 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

No he hasn't Field of Dreams. Rules since 2017 or 2018 means a player gets a full clearance to switch from a community club to a SANFL, then the community club puts the player on a Permit so that the player can play for them if dropped or not required by the SANFL club. The clearance summary page doesn't show that level of detail but I'm pretty sure that it would just be a Permit back to Mt Compass.
by Down the Hill
Fri Feb 28, 2020 10:42 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 4 - 2020

But isn't every recruit we saw on The SA Footballer back in November going to provide midfield grunt with a deadly left foot and be very handy around goals.
by Down the Hill
Thu Mar 05, 2020 10:44 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

And why should cricket assist Dutchy. Do you think football would assist cricket if COVID-19 impacts commenced in September instead of March.
by Down the Hill
Sat Apr 18, 2020 5:23 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: COVID-19 (Country)

No different than what clubs do now for SANFL, NT players and some of the other circumstances where Permits are required as opposed to a full Transfer.

Player who wants to transfer from a club/league that has pulled the pin for 2020 - gets put on a permit with his new club until 31/10/2020. His original club remains his Primary club and he either registers with that original club in 2021 when the registration email goes out or the different club he wants to play for in 2021 lodges a transfer.

The SportsTG system is already geared for this so no need to invent any further categories of player movement.

The APPS system is the interesting one. If you are already on your points limit then you can't really bring in more A graders from other clubs. Could test the integrity versus the ego of some clubs and coaches. Wouldn't be popular amongst the playing group if you brought in 1 or 2 3 pointers and had to tell your existing points players that they are no longer guaranteed an A grade game because of points issues.
by Down the Hill
Thu May 21, 2020 2:43 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

AFL Victoria that runs VFL down to grassroots has just completed a big review of football leagues that span the four or so leagues in the Gippsland region. Initial recommendations is for league mergers as of 2021 with further changes implemented by 2025. This follows an even bigger review a few years ago that saw league mergers and club mergers in some areas of country Victoria.

Surely time for SANFL/SACFL to do something similar over here. It seems the distance between the towns in some leagues is hardly a factor if many of the players are travelling from the city anyway. Netball seems to be reason for some leagues and clubs to be resistant to change but that hasn't stopped some of the Victorian changes.

Several 14 to 16 club leagues now in Country Victoria that allows a final 8 which is also a $ bonus for leagues and clubs. Just looking at the East of the State - surely the time is now to consider the best way forward for some sort of rationalisation of RFL, RFL Ind, RMFL, Mallee, KNTFL, MSEFL and Western Border. I know its still a fairly large area but 7 leagues (or 6 leagues and 7 comps if you count RFL as 1 league) seems too many these days.

But of course it shouldn't stop there. YPFL, APFL, NEFL & NAFA should also be looked at collectively.
by Down the Hill
Tue Jun 23, 2020 5:01 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 5 - 2020

Sorry just the text of the Hendry article without the picture. Only Trev and Deb in the photo. Apparently the camera guy refused to have Timmy's rough head in the photo.

Mention Kenilworth Football Club and the chances are the Hendry name will be part of that conversation.

Canteen and barbecue manager, long-term trainer, committee members, sponsorship manager – there’s not much left that Trevor, 69, wife Deb, 60 and son Tim have not done in almost 100 years’ combined service to the club. Trevor, a club life member and club legend, and a player of self-confessed modest claims, with a C grade most determined award in 1973 among his highlights, said he loved the atmosphere and being able to contribute in some way. “I went there in 1972 to help a mate, but you could say I lost the keys and never left,’’ Trevor said. “I was a trainer for 46 years, but have been put to retirement now. I just love doing what I do and to help wherever it is needed. “The club is our entertainment but to have my family involved – my wife is the nuts and bolts of the place – is great. And the people you meet, even opposition supporters, we all have a respect for each other.’’

Deb, also a life member and who has a reputation for making the best chips and gravy as part of her canteen and barbecue supervisor role, said watching young people develop into adults was among her highlights. She also said the new clubroom and advent of women’s football at the club were among the best changes in recent years. “You wouldn’t recognise the place now compared to the little club we had before,’’ Deb said. “It is a real family affair and we love it.’’

Son Tim also has chalked up 20 years’ continuous service, with eight years on the committee, and is a playing life member of the club. He said following on the Hendry name at the club was a given. “I was born into the club. My earlier memory of the club was playing in an A3 grand final in about 1990,’’ Tim said. “I met my wife Leah at the club and she was a trainer then. “I have loved being involved, it has been a real getaway for me.’’

Club president John Schulz, also a life member with the Kookaburras, said the Hendry family was a key part of the Kenilworth furniture. “The Hendry family have in many ways been the rock and the cornerstone of the Kenilworth Football Club for almost the past 50 years,’’ Schulz said. “In some dark days, when the club was really struggling, if not for the efforts of Trevor, Deb and Tim, I doubt the club would still be here. “What I admire most about all three, is no matter what you ask they will ensure whatever needs to be done, is done without complaint.”
by Down the Hill
Wed Jun 24, 2020 12:58 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Spoken like a true country person!!! BLG, Hills and GSFL no problems - quasi metro leagues anyway. But if you can't accept that the structure of country footy in SA needs some sort of review then you can't be looking too far beyond your patch.
by Down the Hill
Tue Jun 23, 2020 8:22 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Was a good contest at Reynella yesterday, and one of the bigger crowds I've seen there for a while. Was impressed with the Wine Flies, apart from playing 7 minutes with an extra man on the field! They will push for a finals spot I reckon. Where did Damien Arnold go?

A bit of biff in the Shoes/Christies game? Red cards given out. Beach deserve the premiership favourites tag after that performance.

HV over Porties a surprise?
Why didn't they do a count? 7 minutes is a long time.
Bit of agro in the game.
2 opponents deserved the yellows given out. Well umpired I thought....that bit.
It was free kick hawthorn for a while there.
Damon went to unley but may be on crows reserve list not sure.
Who got the reds?

Arnold is at Unley. I believe he made it on to the 2020 Crows SANFL top up list but that's irrevelant now.
by Down the Hill
Mon Jul 13, 2020 9:02 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 7 -2020

The fast growing suburbs of the Seafords are the main reason for porties gains.

If that was solely the case then the Shoes and Aldinga should have kids everywhere also, which they don't.

Anyway onto Div 7, how do finals work this season?

D7 gets an extra round than the higher divs so everyone plays each other twice. Then they have a final 4 which means GF is still played on 26/9.
by Down the Hill
Sun Jul 19, 2020 1:15 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Correct Zedman. He attended and played school footy for Mercedes College. Not sure if he also played juniors for Unley but don't think it matters so long as he played enough footy for either as a junior.
by Down the Hill
Thu Jul 23, 2020 9:30 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 2 - 2020

Plenty of passion from Barracker 1 though. But he could have used a different term than "king hit" which implies a strike to the head.
by Down the Hill
Tue Jul 28, 2020 12:56 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 2 - 2020

This was probably out of our leagues hands. I suspect Broadview or the player has lodged an appeal to the SACFL under their rules and regulations. This can only be done if an affiliated league tribunal suspends a player for 6 matches or more. Not sure the technicalities thereafter but if they were forced to defer the appeal through no fault of the player then maybe no choice of the SACFL to allow him to play yesterday.
by Down the Hill
Sun Aug 09, 2020 4:39 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

CLG making a habit of bleating about free kicks. Smashed today, just suck it up. MDO escorting umpires off and calling them cheats, not a good look. On a brighter note, real who’s who of SA Footy at St Marys today - Scottroo, Bedge, LK, Zedman, DTH.
by Down the Hill
Sat Sep 19, 2020 11:30 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Yeah well done Lockleys. Bring in a coach that slowly but surely turns you from very mediocre into a club that now looks a real chance to progress up the grades. New clubrooms, junior growth and then decide the person who has been a big part of making the club relevant isn't worthy of taking the club forward on this journey. You are a Div 5 club that's had one really big year. So what!!! Blood on your hands Lockleys FC. You deserve to stay mediocre.
by Down the Hill
Fri Oct 09, 2020 10:31 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

2021 Coaching Positions Vacant

The Brighton Bombers Football Club (Division 1 - Adelaide Footy League) are seeking a Senior Coach for the 2021 season. Please refer attached ad.
by Down the Hill
Sun Sep 13, 2020 10:41 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The Brighton Bombers are still looking to finalise B & C grade coaching positions for the 2021 season and are seeking expression of interests. This is a great opportunity for someone to develop their coaching skills working alongside a Division 1 Premiership Coach in Brett Backwell.

Please email the club at: brightonbombers@hotmail.com to register your interest. Also refer attached.
by Down the Hill
Thu Nov 19, 2020 2:15 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Grade Cricket

I played at Woodcroft v Reynella in the first year or two that Reynella entered the ATCA. The pitch was a beauty thanks to tigerpie if I'm not mistaken, but the condition of the oval was terrible. Uneven and huge cracks you could stand a bat in.
by Down the Hill
Mon Jan 25, 2021 3:25 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2021 Adel Footy League - Division 3

Would help if clubs loaded qtr by qtr scores so we wouldn't need you to advise of this Smokey. Come on club administrators - it's not that hard and is now a AdFL Requirement. It's the thing that surprised me most when we came across from the SFL in 2017. Whilst it has got better there are still several clubs across all divisions that are very sloppy with entering qtr by qtr scores and finishing off Team Sheets post game with player numbers and team changes etc.
by Down the Hill
Mon Apr 12, 2021 11:20 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

With player points, the only scope a league has is the allocation of points each season to the clubs in their league whilst working within the permitted parameters i.e. number of clubs x 15 points = the total number of points that the league can distribute as they see fit.

Most leagues including the GSFL have established guidelines for that allocation e.g. ladder position and/or games won in the previous X or Y years. BUT - none of this changes the SACFL rules for determining the points allocation to an individual player.

Driving the Victor Harbor Road is dangerous enough without soon having to avoid the heads that may be rolling down it!!!
by Down the Hill
Fri May 14, 2021 4:07 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: COVID-19

Some people on here and other "less credible" social media platforms are overlooking one of the key issues and that is the financial position of the league caused by the last 2 seasons. Reduced calls last year due to a shorter season. Less finals income this year due to no home finals and the $1000 that clubs pay to host finals. That's alot of money over the first 3 weeks of finals across 7 Divisions. Club calls for 2022 may already need to be increased disproportionate to previous increases let alone any further increase for 2023 if 2022 is again compromised due to COVID. The options being presented are at least geared towards playing a full final series.

But the big question that many clubs will want further information about is how State Government's will react to COVID cases when the significant majority of the population are fully vaccinated which hopefully they are come April next year. Other parts of the world are returning to normal activity (possibly foolishly - time will tell) based on vaccination rates so it would be handy to know if lockdowns are still a real situation in 2022. New Zealand has gone into full lockdown based on one case in Auckland (now another 4) . I think I read they are only 17% fully vaccinated. Would they have done that if they were 70% plus?

The age of the community sport cohort will be one of the most challenging to get vaccinated so it will be interesting if any conditions could be placed on leagues and clubs eg. no vaccination = no play. Interesting times.
by Down the Hill
Wed Aug 18, 2021 10:23 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2021 Adel Footy League - Division 3

I'm still undecided on my own preference for 2022 but people have to get the term "relegation" out of their mindset. What is being proposed is a recalibration of the divisional structure based on reduced team numbers in each Division. A Division 5 club this year has 2 Divisions below it. If that club is in Division 6 next year in a 9 Division competition it has 3 Divisions below it. You could even argue they have been promoted if you look at things from the bottom up rather than the other way around.
by Down the Hill
Tue Aug 24, 2021 12:38 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |