Search found more than 2066 matches

Return

2023 Balaklava Cup- 13th September

I know it's a loooooooooong way out, but i've just booked a tent for the Cup. Surprisingly really good value, weill in my opinion it is.

Tent- $495 for 10, $25 for every person after that (Minimum of 10, maximum of 30- I think 20 would be ideal)
Bus- $400 (21 seater work bus through work)
Beers (coopers only) Full strength slabs $65 Mids/Lights slabs $55
Free race books
All drinks on ice in tubs in your tent.

The way i look at it, it'd be $25-30 to enter, Beers would be the best part of $10 each, Race book $7-8ish and bus trips vary from $30 to $50 return.

Booked Thursday and Friday off as i know how this ends. :lol:
by carey
Mon Jul 03, 2023 4:35 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Round 18

Eagles2014 wrote:That was softest free ever to Buddy, WTF :shock:

This is actually sad to watch Buddy end a great career like this. He is simply a liability for the swans at the minute game has well and truly passed him.
by carey
Thu Jul 13, 2023 8:21 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Kick a f**king drop punt
by carey
Thu Jul 13, 2023 10:23 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Australian Domestic Season 2023/2024

I often do……… :lol:
by carey
Fri Jul 14, 2023 9:23 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Carlton have 5, 3 of them direct result of Jonas being on the field.
by carey
Sat Jul 15, 2023 5:46 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

locky801 wrote:still think Port will win from here

Zero chance.
by carey
Sat Jul 15, 2023 6:17 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

You’d love to be a forward against us
by carey
Sat Jul 15, 2023 6:46 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2023 Adelaide footy League - Division 6

Every time I hear Nathen Storry I remember him getting hip n shouldered on the hill at Adelaide oval in his Richmond jumper. Lol :lol:
by carey
Fri Jul 14, 2023 8:57 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Daily Golf - Where you are playing and how you go

Stableford Saturday
29 Points

I just couldn't get anything going. Course does play a lot tougher this time of the year, but no excuses. Course Super now cuts the greens the day before comps and rolls them the morning of the comp, which makes for super quick greens.

Pins were in 'tricky' positions, therefore the scoring wasn't great right across the board, but with that being said 29 points is horrible.

Back on the horse Tuesday, stableford again.
by carey
Mon Jul 24, 2023 9:40 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I'm pulling my short irons, simply must be a set up thing. Alignment sticks in the range should straighten it up pretty quickly.

With this being said, we have one of our prestigious trophies is commencing next Saturday (Handicap match play) and i have a flag dropping off, this could help lol ;)
by carey
Wed Jul 26, 2023 8:22 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

2 Person ambrose Saturday.

Generous handicap of 2.25

Pretty tough conditions early, thought we played pretty well, finished nett 69, thought we'd be just out of the money, Pfftft we were nearly last!

Winners were nett 62.5 (Handicap of 1 and 37)

Stroke this Saturday, which is the qualifying round for one of our major trophies.
by carey
Mon Jul 31, 2023 7:13 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Snuck 9 holes in yesterday as we have qualifying for one of our major trophies this week (Saturday) because i had another lesson about 3 weeks ago and it feels like it's totally f***d my game!

1 x Par in 9 holes :shock:
6 x Bogeys
2 x Birdies (And 1 was shank with a 56* that hit the pin and dropped, if it didn't it was 20m off the back)

He did say to me, it will take some time, but i dead set feel like i've gone backwards big time........

I will be very lucky to qualify in the top 32 at this rate that's for sure!
by carey
Thu Aug 03, 2023 9:41 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Saturday Stroke Round (Monthly Medal/Qualifying)

Played pretty well, although i tabled 3 doubles. (1 x OB, 1 x In the drink and 3 putted) off set them a bit with 3 Birdies

Finished nett 72, thought I'd be midfield not 3rd. Highest rank nett 70, the 71, myself with 72
Course played +3.0 I've never seen 3, 1 heaps of times, 2 sometimes, but never 3

Handicap match starts this Saturday. Keen as....

I'm in Perth all week, which means no practice.
by carey
Mon Aug 07, 2023 5:21 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Draw has been sent out.

11.10am Tee off
Have to give my opponent 4 shots.
by carey
Mon Aug 07, 2023 7:35 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Draw has been sent out.

11.10am Tee off
Have to give my opponent 4 shots.

Lost on the 23rd hole! Yep, 23rd

I birdied the 1st and the 4th basically held that 2up lead all day, we both Parred the 8th (he gets a shot on it, therefore lost the hole), I won the 9th back to 2up, basically halved the next 7 holes, I then had to give shots on 16 and 17, to his credit he birdied 16 back to 1 up, I had a birdie putt on 17 to maintain the lead, but i missed the putt we both Parred the hole therefore a loss and back to square both parred 18, back to the first (19th) both get par, then to the 17th (20th) both par, 18th (21st) again he was in for bogey and i had a 4-5 foot par putt to win and left it short! ](*,) back to the 1st (22nd) we both birdie then 17th again, he sunk a 10-12 foot putt for birdie and was 4 foot from the hole for par.

Cracking game, it was match play, therefore we didn't keep score, just tracked holes won and lost, i lost 4-5 holes for the round but lost overall, that's the way match plays goes. after 9 holes i was 1 under the card, yet only 2 up :shock:
by carey
Mon Aug 14, 2023 4:44 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Port Adelaide 2023

What do Power posters think?

What makes people think Josh Carr is going to be the saviour? What if his a flop? From the outside looking in, the players seem to love Ken, he seems a father figure to most. Yes, Josh Carr seem unanimously loved by all, I loved the way he played but does that make him a great coach?

None of us know the inside runnings, yet posters on here seem to think they know everything about the runnings of clubs.

Regardless of if supporters like it or not, the AFL is now a business and i'll back Kochie to make the best business decisions for our club. I've been frustrated at times with what seems like Kens' lack of plan B, but again we never know what's going on behind closed doors.

PS- Comparing us to Nth Melbourne, Pfft please give me a spell.....
by carey
Wed Aug 16, 2023 8:15 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2023 Balaklava Cup- 13th September

Yesterday went and finalized the account and numbers for the day, We had to go for the bigger tent, which unfortunately pushes us out to the 300m mark, oh well it is what is.

24 of us going now,hence the bigger tent, a couple of mates coming that i'll have to be at my very best for the 3 votes, these blokes are seasoned campaigners in being pigs! and do it well........

The lady taking the booking questioned the volume of alcohol ordered for 24 people, i said 'I anticipate it being a hot day, and we all know hydration is key' her reply 'Good thinking' i couldn't help but laugh :lol:
by carey
Thu Aug 17, 2023 7:34 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Round 23

It’s a terrible game to watch.

My concerns are still our ruckman, Jonas, Jones and DBJ
by carey
Sun Aug 20, 2023 6:23 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Golf equipment: sticks, balls etc. what do you use and w

Par this morning.

Finished -3

Drove the ball the best i have for a long time, i slowly feel like my game is coming back. here's hoping.

Ambrose day at Glenelg next Friday, keen as.
by carey
Tue Aug 29, 2023 12:48 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Golf equipment: sticks, balls etc. what do you use and w

Par this morning.

Finished -3

Drove the ball the best i have for a long time, i slowly feel like my game is coming back. here's hoping.

Ambrose day at Glenelg next Friday, keen as. Might have a golf day at Glenelg in September....

Sent from my SM-G781B using Tapatalk

If you need a fill in, I know a bloke.

Just saying ;)
by carey
Tue Aug 29, 2023 2:22 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2023 Adelaide Footy League - Division 7

Went along to the C6 match up between Houghton and Ingle Farm last night, only to witness a brutal king hit after the siren, teams appeared to be shaking hands and moving on with things and all of a sudden bloke from Ingle farm floored his Houghton opponent. Quite confronting to see, can’t imagine he’ll be playing finals and into early next year. Friday night footy under lights at Ingle farm, an interesting place. Crowd got quite rowdy, but all seemed to disperse as the player was helped off the field.
Hopefully nothing further after I left when teams went into their rooms.

No discussion on this? Hmmm interesting :-?
by carey
Tue Aug 29, 2023 2:26 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SA Footy 2023 AFL tipping

Thanks Boon ;)

TDK and Spargo have both reached out......
by carey
Tue Aug 29, 2023 2:21 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The Dark Knight wrote:Dave from Alberton! #Oracle
Screenshot_20230901_193853_Instagram.jpg

I sent that exact screen shot to Boon earlier lol :D
by carey
Fri Sep 01, 2023 9:34 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Finals Week 1

Booney wrote:You're given $50k to place a bet on the GF winner right now, who are you putting it on?

Collingwood $3.50
Brisbane $3.75
Melbourne $4
Port Adelaide $7.00
Carlton $10
GWS $21
St Kilda $34
Sydney $51

( 5/9/23 )

Brisbane for me.

I don't know why but, i don't think Collingwood even make the GF.
by carey
Wed Sep 06, 2023 6:36 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Booney wrote:Georgiades confirmed 4 year deal. Pretty sound for both Port and Mitch, takes him to the edge of free agency.

Dixon signs a 1 year extension for 2024.

We're in a solid position, we must make the most of it and not turn in to a Ross Lyon-St Kilda scenario (first stint)
by carey
Wed Sep 06, 2023 6:34 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Mid week comp had 36 points, just did everything ok. Nothing outstanding but nothing bad.

Booked in the comp tomorrow at Glenelg 11.57am but weather doesn’t look good. Want to play tomorrow as a practice for a golf day at Glenelg Friday.

Super keen, hope the weather gods smile on me and not piss down on me!
by carey
Wed Sep 06, 2023 9:16 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I’d love someone to punch Maynard straight in the throat and split his adams apple. Biggest W**ker in the comp.
by carey
Thu Sep 07, 2023 8:03 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

And Marshall’s F**king goal kicking.
by carey
Sat Sep 09, 2023 8:12 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

These f**kers get 6,7,800k a year and can’t kick goals from 30m out. :evil:
by carey
Sat Sep 09, 2023 8:41 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Disappointed? Yes, Disheartened? No.
Port done a lot right. Brisbane in Brisbane is a f**king tough gig.
Our weakness is our ruck and tall defenders, Arguably Brisbanes strengths. Port will be ok.
by carey
Sun Sep 10, 2023 10:28 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

38 points at Glenelg Friday.

Actually played well in pretty tough conditions.

Won closet to pin on 14, but more importantly left blind drunk from the windmill hotel.

Only just now feeling normal again.
by carey
Sun Sep 10, 2023 6:54 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Happy Birthday

HB Mate. Hope you had a ripping day.
by carey
Sun Sep 10, 2023 7:00 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:
carey wrote:One of our club comps major trophy runs over the next 2 weeks. Handicap stroke rounds. I’m ok with this :D

Name on the honour board trophy.

I just read that as you getting pissed and kicked out of the club at 2am celebrating :lol:

That’s paying $1.25 :D
by carey
Sun Sep 10, 2023 7:47 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Magarey Medal 2023

Mates nephew wins the 18’s medal missing 6 games!

Fair effort.

Angus Tully- North Adelaide
by carey
Mon Sep 11, 2023 8:57 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Horse Racing Tips & Discussion

Massive Day.

In terms of consumption and collects.

Didn't bet in the first, backed the favorite in the 2nd ran 2nd, No collect. From that point on the day was literally unbelievable, you couldn't script the way our punting went. We had tents around us asking for our Tips such was our carry on.

In the 3rd we packed Chiaro for a place, it had its last 5 runs in Melbourne, albeit no placings we just thought that form was far better than Balaklava form. Ran 2nd paid $7.20. 4th race we didn't like the favourite so jumped on Katims Club wins and paid $5.50. 5th Race we loaded up on the favourite and doubled our money (and i mean loaded up!), did the same with Magic Delta for a another double up.

At this stage were miles in front, we knew Brad Rawiller only had 1 ride for the day, why would Brad Rawiller come to Balaklava for one ride, i tell you why 'To win the Balaklava Cup' and that he did, and we were on it, we also had a part owner in the tent of Jack the lad, got $7.50 the place for Jack and got the trifecta 1.25 times, big result for us BIG RESULT.

Didn't bet in the last as we were still on a high from the cup, then realised we also won the Qauddie that we literally all forgot about!

Drinks were flowing, weather was amazing, as were the scenes on track ;) Mallala on the way home, my Collingwood supporter mate absolutely pasted Bernie Vince for his views on the Maynard hearing :D , Waterloo final resting place went home with a very fat wallet, got yelled at, showed he the cash funnily enough the yelling stopped.

Already looking forward to next year........
by carey
Thu Sep 14, 2023 10:30 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that give you the sh1ts

2 day Hang Overs.

You got to know your limits, ya just got to!

After 27 years experience I still don't know mine :-??

Were most defiantly in the same boat.

I've now got a luncheon at Enzos this afternoon, Corporate box tomorrow night and a family lunch Sunday that i know how they end.

I'll be no good Monday.
by carey
Fri Sep 15, 2023 12:58 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Horse Racing Tips & Discussion

A few other stories i could tell in person, won't be posted on here! ;) :D
by carey
Thu Sep 14, 2023 10:39 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Played well this morning in a midweek stroke round.

Greens still very slow from the coring and i mean very slow. stroke round 38 on the front and 37 on the back. I was really happy with that considering the putting surface, it cost me at times as my short game was really affected, as i just wasn't getting the purchase/rip you normally get with your 52's 56's but as i said still very happy with 75 off the bat.

Looking forward to our twilight comp starting 4th Oct
by carey
Tue Sep 19, 2023 3:35 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Anyone on here use any App's on course?

Just had a lesson (wednesday), and he asked why i don't use an App on course, I replied 'Why would i? i have my Watch and my rangefinder" he replies "Yes, but do either of them let you add stats etc, well, No they dont. He suggested i use Golf shot, used it for the first time yesterday and it's absolutely awesome for stats, You misses and more importantly where you missed, GIR, Fairways hit etc etc

Had an email within 2 minutes of my round finishing with a full breakdown of stats.

I will continue using this in practice rounds thats for sure.
by carey
Fri Sep 22, 2023 2:04 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: You know you're nearing 50 in Adelaide, when you remembe

When you could drink 8-10 cans and drive home
by carey
Fri Sep 22, 2023 2:21 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Nice MT.

My Saturday was a game of two halves for me.

Very hung over after having a great idea to go to the pub for tea, that ended in not even eating at the pub but drinking what felt like 86 $6 base spirits watching the footy then singing at Karaoke, if i'm singing Karaoke you know im pissed.

21 points on the front 9 with 3 birdies. Only to finish with 33 points #-o back 9 i didn't actually do a lot wrong bladed a wedge on 10 over the back for a double, was dead behind a tree on 12, aimed at the 100m marker on 15 hit it and went sideways in the water, then on 16 i was literally 1cm in from the out of bounds fence, had to hit sideways with the exception of the wedge none of them were bad shots.

I do feel my game is slowly coming back, i'm actually happy with ow i'm hitting them, scores will come.
by carey
Mon Sep 25, 2023 8:39 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Played an absolute cracker yesterday.

Stroke round finished 1 over.

Front 9- 1 Under, 2 Bogeys and 3 Birdies. One of the bogeys a really soft 3 putt on the par 3 4th, Tee shot was just on the front edge and i left the first putt 8ft short, weak as piss! #-o the other bogey put my second in the bunker on the par 4 9th and just didn't get my 3rd close enough.

Back 9- 2 Over with disappointing finish (Last 4 holes Double Bogey, Par, Bogey, Par) but over all really happy.

Of my 4 Birdies they were index 1,2,3 and 9 really happy with that.

As stated previously, that last lesson has helped me no end and it was 2 minor, real minor adjustments! Hitting the ball really well. My advise to anyone playing golf, regardless of your handicap go get a lesson you won't regret it.

Now i am looking forward to club champs......
by carey
Wed Sep 27, 2023 10:54 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Twilight Wednesday night very windy went ok, finished nett 35. Happy with that

Victor Harbour yesterday- 29 points- happy tee to green, but putting was all over the place. Super quick greens and I mean super quick (just been rolled) and when you’re not reading them well quick green are not good!

18 this morning at Lady bay, just a hit before going in the comp tomorrow. Jesus, this course is in unbelievable condition, probably the best I’ve seen it in. Rough has been cut to a ‘friendly’ level but the rest of the course looks amazing and is playing accordingly. Didn’t keep score as I was playing a couple of balls, but felt like I played really well.

I’ll keep you posted MT
by carey
Fri Oct 06, 2023 1:33 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Didn't get to play today, bloody work :twisted:

Saturday at Lady bay- Stroke Monthly medal

Opened Par, Par 2 ways to look at that, Yep great start or the other angle is, sh!t it can only get worse from here! On the turn felt like i was playing really well, yet i had 43 on the front. I did have 2 out of the bunker on 5 it was a fried egg, 3 putt on the par 3 6th and put one in the water on 7 (a horror 3 hole stretch) but felt like i was actually playing well.

Come in with 39 on the back, highlighted by back to back birdies on 13 and 14. My god that 12th hole is tough in to the breeze, 17th would have to be one of the longest par 3's around.

Nett 73 finished 2 for the day.

As i stated, the course is literally in the best condition i've ever seen it and i've played it a heap of times.

Scored a birth in the Glenelg Football Club Golf Day friday- Free Pi55, Golf will be the secondary reason i will be on course :D
by carey
Tue Oct 10, 2023 1:57 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2023 Silly Season

Vamos wrote:
gadj1976 wrote:
PatowalongaPirate wrote:Lachie Schulz has informed Freo he wants to get to Collingwood.

He wants to play VFL?

Keeping Ginnivan on his toes.

Schulz is twice the player Ginnivan is.
by carey
Tue Oct 10, 2023 1:59 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Going with my mate Cornesy.

I’ll be sure pass on regards to ‘Dave from Alberton’ :lol:

At least I can drink Cornseys share!
by carey
Tue Oct 10, 2023 6:03 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Twilight last night- Stableford 18 points.

Just played ok, i guess it was bloody windy tho.

2x Bogeys for 1 Point (1 x 3putt and the other a poor second shot) but parred both holes i get a shot on for 3 points each.

Defiantly keen for tomorrow's golf day.

Did you play in it last year?

No i wasn't a Bays supporter then! :lol:
by carey
Thu Oct 12, 2023 10:12 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Golf in general

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:LIV reported on being around 14th April after Gather Round.
Just hope we get the early bird tickets again

My mail suggests straight after Anzac day.
by carey
Thu Oct 12, 2023 10:13 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Glenelg Golf Day.

Well let’s just say I spent a day and a half in bed after it! #-O

They ran the day so well, one of the best ran days I’ve been involved in, plenty of food and more importantly plenty of pi55 delivered on course all day, like I said really well ran. Nick Chigwidden even delivery the food!

Great format, although something I’ve never seen before 3 person Ambrose, 2 groups per hole score each others card to stop the burglars. Brilliant idea.

More importantly we won the day! Team handicap of 6.3 which I was very happy with. Unknown what the prize is as yet, as presentation was back at the club that I didn’t attend.

My highlights were out driving the pro on the par 5, 2x Birdies back to back on my own (1st and 2nd whole), but my biggest was on the 14th we’d used all my drives and the 24 handicapper in my group put one up the middle (albeit not very far) so I wasn’t going to bother hitting but a member of the other group drives straight over the bunker and says ‘No one will beat that’ I pull out driver and drive it to 6ft from the pin. We missed the eagle but I still loved it.

Great day, even better result.
by carey
Mon Oct 16, 2023 9:03 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |