Search found 216 matches

Return

Re: SAAFL Division 7 2014

My heart goes out to Flinders Park, clearly struggling with ther C grade in 7R.. Oh dear hope they get more than 20 on the track or could be a long season.. :roll:
by Phantom Gossiper
Mon Apr 07, 2014 9:17 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I think the point is with Flinders Park is regardless of who you have from last years C or D grade side, the fact remains you have been able to drop a side and remain in the lowest grade.

At least should've played in Div 7 and if you copped floggings so be it.
by Phantom Gossiper
Mon Apr 07, 2014 6:23 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL - Round 3 - Discussion (and Live Scores)

Wish I could like that photo more than once :oops: :D
by Phantom Gossiper
Tue Apr 08, 2014 1:44 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: You know you're nearing 40 in Adelaide, when you remembe

Footy Chick wrote:I could almost guarantee that there are no ads on the telly nowadays that you'd still remember word for word in 30 years time..

I beg the differ..

"Metropolitan Plumbing.. *drip*.. Metropolitan Plumbing.. *drip*.." :lol:
by Phantom Gossiper
Wed Apr 09, 2014 9:37 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Clubs in strife

They'll last.
by Phantom Gossiper
Wed Apr 09, 2014 12:28 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

You are not authorised to read this forum.
by Phantom Gossiper
Wed Apr 09, 2014 11:35 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

As a committee member and vice-captain of the club, I can tell you that no cash is handed to players unless they are in the best 5 that day. That's how it should operate - incentive based only - in my opinion.. would help stop average footballers chasing an easy pay packet every week.. They'd actually have to perform!
by Phantom Gossiper
Thu Apr 10, 2014 12:44 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The Riddler wrote:You're very very far off the mark with this one MBK :lol: :lol: :lol:

You don't think he's as persuasive? ;) :lol:
by Phantom Gossiper
Thu Apr 10, 2014 1:20 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I played in a C grade game against Fitzroy a few years ago under lights at their ground. Atmosphere was huge and it was a good experience. But saying that, it does give the home club the advantage to drop B grade players into the c grade to improve their side. Especially for teams needing to win to play finals.
Was that when you were playing for Para Hills? ;)

Every club will do what they feel is needed to get the most success they can, if you can afford to have players playing below their ability and get away with it then good on you, dont see an issue with it.
by Phantom Gossiper
Thu Apr 10, 2014 3:09 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SAAFL division 6 2014

I hear it's arthritis as a result of old age...
Some people have weekly newsletters that delivers up to date information....Carey has snapchat so feel free to subscribe to that to get all the latest news and information about him both personally and professionally :lol:
"footballingwiz" ... the lad clearly has some mental problems as well as knee :lol:
by Phantom Gossiper
Thu Apr 10, 2014 4:14 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Port 2014 - Pre-Season/General Discussion

So whilst I agree Saturday was a perfect day to be at the Oval, it is also the same time all metro and country leagues are playing and Brisbane are about as poor as you can get when it comes to attracting their supporter base. Let's face, who would travel to watch them anyway!

So 36,000 in my view is a good crowd. Keep in mind we'd get 18-20,000 for a similar fixture 2 years ago.
Agreed, plenty of people would've been wrapped up in grass roots footy at the time.
by Phantom Gossiper
Mon Apr 14, 2014 11:54 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Or maybe Henley could try stepping up? ;)
by Phantom Gossiper
Mon Apr 14, 2014 2:12 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that you rate!

Downloaded a gameboy emulator for my iphone, now i can play Pokemon on the bus to and from work! :D 8)

Ah the memories!
by Phantom Gossiper
Tue Apr 15, 2014 10:28 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (TV Spoilers, NO BOOK SPOILER

Will there be tv spoilers in this thread?

;)
by Phantom Gossiper
Tue Apr 15, 2014 10:29 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Flash Poll - Which grade do you think Kilburn should be

P.G we took a mate down to kilburn who had never played football we watched him train with there group and we counted 15 players trainning now our mate who is crap at football decided he didnt want to play cause some of the people out there just as bad as him
Do you ever go to your own training sessions? :lol:
by Phantom Gossiper
Tue Apr 15, 2014 10:31 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SAAFL Division 3 2014

Thanks to Minners, Porps and the other Plympton people who came and asked about my ankle after the game. Apologies I didn't stay too long with the drink, just couldn't stand on one leg for any longer. Will shout a drink on the return leg.
Seem like a professional, well run club, on and off-field.
To the whole side.. :D
by Phantom Gossiper
Tue Apr 15, 2014 9:07 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Sick of hearing stuff like this how many times do we gotta say it, we don't think we are the best in the comp why get ahead of yourself that's when it all goes to crap
Get used to it.
No one said that Smithfield think they are the best in the comp, you guys can be humble and quiet and respectful about how you go about it, but at the end of the day to the greater footballing community they view you (Smithfield) as the team to beat.

How can ppl get on here and say smithfield will win the flag easy? There has only been 2 games played.. Are ya trying to say that so if smithfield dont win the GF you can jump on here and start saying "smithfield shouldve won the flag" "they shouldve flogged every team" blah blah blah.
Having watching Smithfield last season, I thought they were amongst the best sides in the division then and were the biggest threat to Ingle Farm.
This season same div minus Ingle Farm & Angle Vale and have recruited some very capable 'ins' they are going to be a lot stronger.
As for people jumping on here and saying stuff, you'll never win - someone will always sling shit about something unfortunately.
by Phantom Gossiper
Tue Apr 15, 2014 9:05 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

marbles wrote:a quick switch of smithees to div 6 and mitchells to div 7 should solve things and give uni the flag!!

f**k uni
by Phantom Gossiper
Tue Apr 15, 2014 1:13 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Bombers4EVA wrote:Round 5 is looking to be the most exciting round of the year. ;) Phantom

Correct, we have a band playing at the club on the Saturday night, should be a great night, cant wait.. 8)
by Phantom Gossiper
Tue Apr 15, 2014 12:44 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Wasn't the reason he came across, in fact they came because of him. Again u underestimate my powers of persuasion PG oh and of course the fact he lives 400m from the oval helps too :D
Yeah I know, they were playing at Ingle Farm at that stage..

Your powers of persuasion i must say are beginning to impress me lol
by Phantom Gossiper
Wed Apr 16, 2014 6:39 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Junior Football

It's dog eat dog in the NEMJFA with some clubs, my lads team played their local rival last year in under 8's and if there were scores kept we were up by 3 points at 3 qtr time. My son and another kid got tagged for the last quarter so the coach moved my lad to centre half forward 2 minutes in to see if the tag was for real........................it was.
HAHA! WTF?!? A tag in u/8's?? That's serious business!

When I was playing under 8's/9's there was obviously some serious competitiveness, and learning important aspects like manning up - i remember nothing better than running out and spending 3 min before the bounce bumping your opponent to try and prove who was the toughest :lol: - but never ever ever seen a tag!
by Phantom Gossiper
Thu Apr 17, 2014 11:25 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 5 Discussion

Q. wrote:jeebus, some of you trade more often than I have hot dinners

If i have trades and can potentially make my team stronger than i'll use the 2 trades allocated each week. I dont make trades for the sake of making them
by Phantom Gossiper
Thu Apr 17, 2014 4:42 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Or a massive incident, possibly involving someone being physically choked, that is the straw that breaks the camels back
Well I for one hope that doesn't happen and Smithfield can get through this season and have success.

Don't think it's fair that people continue to drag up last year, clearly they have done the time and have moved forward looking to rebuild and grow, give them a chance FFS..

A strong schmiffies can only be good for the comp
by Phantom Gossiper
Tue Apr 15, 2014 9:21 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

On top of that, i think coaches are bigger mercenaries than players.. so many coaches that have good influence and player contacts, swoop in and win flags and then take the players plus maybe few more and move onto the next club.

Maybe those play for pay players weren't sold on what the Club had to offer and weren't encouraged enough to stay per your previous post...or maybe its just democracy in action (like it or not)....... ;)

I would think Club Committee's would have an expectation for new coaches to have the ability to recruit notwithstanding how and from where..... There job is after all is to win flags...is it not.... :)
Their job is definitely to win flags, but to also nurture the young players, bridge the gap between players and be more than just someone who blows in for a flag and goes..

i honestly think some coaches go to where they think the best chance to win a flag is out.. not too many keen on a challenge these days and want to knuckle down and create something from nothing.
by Phantom Gossiper
Sun Apr 20, 2014 11:50 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Heavyweight - Klitschko vs Leapai

If Leapai wins it will be arguably the biggest win in the history of Australian boxing.
by Phantom Gossiper
Wed Apr 23, 2014 1:34 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Hi.. umm we lost our home.. can we come live in here? :lol:
by Phantom Gossiper
Thu Apr 24, 2014 12:20 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Port played well and got their first real scalp of the season who were coming off a Monday game.

Not sure Port have been really tested as yet and had a pretty soft early draw, had an excellent run with injuries also.
Not sure the turn around would've had a large influence, Port also had to travel to WA which is a big trip, so I call it even stevens.
by Phantom Gossiper
Mon Apr 28, 2014 1:59 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Geelong 2014

bennymacca wrote:Already have.

Chad, brogan and power were all assistants in some form at GWS.

I'm pretty sure jpod signed a contract to move into the crows coaching staff when he is finished playing too, in the conditioning area

My bad, of course! Forgot about them! PLAY ON! :lol:
by Phantom Gossiper
Mon Apr 28, 2014 2:58 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

bennymacca wrote:Centrebet has them just behind geelong as clear third favourites. So clearly people are backing up the hype with some dosh

Wouldn't have thought Port supporters would have money to splash! :lol:
by Phantom Gossiper
Mon Apr 28, 2014 5:48 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SAAFL division 5 2014

Regardless of if clubs have valuables bags or not, I think the underlying point is it is disappointing that someone would stoop to that level and that you can't have confidence in leaving your valuables in your own bag while you play.
by Phantom Gossiper
Mon Apr 28, 2014 4:44 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

North will be the only team that makes the 8 out of them, pump them up all you like, none of the others are any good...

And if 6 day breaks dont affect players, why do they talk about them all the time?
Commentators need something to talk about! :lol:

As for the other sides, i'm not pumping any of them up personally, the media and "footy experts" are the ones that had them in the 8 prior to the season, 6 rounds in we have the privilege of seeing they aren't what they were talking up to be.

End of the day, Port have hardly put a foot wrong this year yet continually haters come up with reasons why they must've won.

Haters gonna hate i guess
by Phantom Gossiper
Mon Apr 28, 2014 4:07 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Herald Sun Team of the Century

No offence, how does Jesaulenko get a gig? Was it because of mark that everyone knows him for?
3x leading goal kicker and 444 goals in 279 games, i'm sure there are plenty with much better records than that
by Phantom Gossiper
Tue Apr 29, 2014 1:05 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I wouldnt really call Jonas a tall. Hombsch yes, but he is only young and takes the third tall at best. Had carlisle and Trengove in mind when i posted that really. The are never going to be all australian, but as i said, serviceable.

In terms of smaller backs, i think you are still short a running half back. Broadbent does a good job, but i think the team would look a whole lot better with someone like Danyle pearce back there. That might be controversial because i know he wasnt super well liked at alberton but he would still slot straight into your team.

Another way to look at the weaknesses is to look at how badly the team is affected if someone got injured. I think thats why Schulz is so important, because if he went down it would mess up your whole structure. similar to what big tex has done at the crows, just thrown everything out. Lobbe stepping up cannot be underestimated either. Ruck was a pretty big problem for the last couple of years and seems to have been solved now. But he would also be a big loss. Contrast that with having robbie gray out. The team could still function well without him because of wingard and some of your other decent small forwards, and now him coming back in is just the icing on the cake.

Bear in mind im trying to nitpick a bit, because there are very few weaknesses in the port team at the moment.
I think John Butcher has worked hard since going back to the SANFL - although I haven't rated him - he would come in if Schulz went down and slot in, would just mean more would be needed out of the smaller forwards.

Danyle Pearce - No. There was a reason he moved on.

Lobbe has been amazing, but Redden isnt far off returning, and with Trengove and Westhoff being able to support in the ruck it's not all bad, so i think the Power could cover him.

Robbie Gray would be a massive loss, but there are other players emerging now whereas a couple years ago, the work load was shared between too few.

In my opinion, Boak would be the biggest loss to the Power
by Phantom Gossiper
Tue Apr 29, 2014 10:43 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Adam Goodes would surely get a look in??

Another one that would get more accolades if he lived in Victoria. Not exactly underrated or whatever but compare him to james hird for instance, similar sort of player but better in almost every way.
:shock: Nothing like Hird, more versatile! Forward, Midfield, Ruck.. can play anywhere and do it well
by Phantom Gossiper
Tue Apr 29, 2014 2:19 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

At Ingle Farm we are all poor so we come back and sometimes find more money in there than when we left
by Phantom Gossiper
Tue Apr 29, 2014 2:30 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Id like to apologise to anyone on here from Mawson Lakes if I had implied something was going on. I didnt think that it wasnt that of a deal. I shouldve thought before I wrote on here. I can be a bit impulsive. There was never a intention to upset anyone. So I apologise to the guys from Mawson's and anyone else for my remark.
Dude, you've apologised 3 or 4 times now, i'm sure they got it.. if someone still has the sads on about it then continuing to apologise isnt going to help, stuff em they'll get over it!
by Phantom Gossiper
Tue Apr 29, 2014 5:55 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: I need to know....

mickey wrote:Should make the cbd streets 1 way like in Perth. Traffic seems to flow very well around there

I love Perth.. and not for the streets...

Heeeelllooooo Ladies 8) :D
by Phantom Gossiper
Wed Apr 30, 2014 1:36 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

[ah no danger at all. Think Rosies are a much improved side than last year and I reckon they'll account for Blackfriars for about 7 - 8 goals.
Massive danger game if you ask me, Rosies may be much improved but so are BOS judging by results so far.

Last season
Round 6: BOS lost by 16 points at Rosewater, at that stage Rosewater were undefeated with a % of 65.47 and BOS had recorded just the 1 win.
Round 15: BOS won by 43 points at home, Rosewater had only previously dropped one game leading into that match and sat top of the ladder while BOS were 5th.

That tells me that stack up reasonably well and that BOS are a far better side at home.. underestimate them at your peril..
by Phantom Gossiper
Wed Apr 30, 2014 1:46 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Groover wrote:The real question is can he win the free carton of red tins on the channel 9 SAAFL facebook site for lucky player of the round?

The real question to your real question is apart from @carey who wants to win a box of red tins? :vom:
by Phantom Gossiper
Wed Apr 30, 2014 2:10 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

zedman wrote:
Bombers4EVA wrote:I watched them when they just won against MLFC @ the Lakes last year and seeing the result from Fridays game and especially the big margins they have won by. Must have improved somehow.

maybe MLFC have dropped back a touch? :)

Nah, just flying under the radar ;)
image.jpg
by Phantom Gossiper
Wed Apr 30, 2014 2:05 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Division 3 tipping 2014

Should be a line for the Kilburn games to keep it interesting :lol:
by Phantom Gossiper
Wed Apr 30, 2014 1:54 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Demetriou to stand down after 2014 season

Booney wrote:
bennymacca wrote:The shadows on the field you idiot :)

You'll be pissed at a night match, there's 4 x's as many shadows!! :lol:

:lol: :lol: Brain isnt working well, took me a while to get that one lol
by Phantom Gossiper
Wed Apr 30, 2014 3:40 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Username Tattoo

Failed Creation wrote:
fisho mcspaz wrote:Being a product of my times (i.e. five years old when the 3 1/2" floppy was in use), this is the first thing that always springs to mind subsequently:

old c@@@ from grannys garden..PNG

Is that Granny's Garden???

Such a good game!
by Phantom Gossiper
Wed Apr 30, 2014 11:49 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Best and Worst Grounds you have watched footy at

AAMI is a palatial compared to places like Moorabbin and Viccy Park
Yeah lets bring back AFL footy to suburban grounds i say! :D

With the crowd figures of some Vic sides have gotten over the last few years, you could probably easily return to suburban ground footy.
Is it really the worst idea? Be a pleasant change from the same Etihad and MCG viewing, clubs could actually build a fortress and a ground they can call their own, and might encourage people to go to more games since they are at different grounds than they would normally go to
by Phantom Gossiper
Wed Apr 30, 2014 2:26 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Best and Worst Grounds you have watched footy at

Footy Park-

No piss at your seat :roll: stuck in the 70's

you must have been one of those port supporters that deserted them in the last few years, because for about the last 2-3 years of footy park you could get beer at your seat. ;)
carey posted that, poor Failed Creation copping the blame! :lol:
by Phantom Gossiper
Thu May 01, 2014 10:28 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Brad Johnson - x6 All-Australian, x5 in the 2000's and once as captain.. not good enough to get a spot?
by Phantom Gossiper
Wed Apr 30, 2014 1:27 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that give you the sh1ts

Case 2: last night waiting in line at the WCH the triage nurse decides he is going to ring up and order a pizza and then 10 minutes later to everyones amazement he just closes his little window and faarks off to meet the pizza guy , wanders back in like nothing has happened and starts serving customers again!
10min delivery time?!?!
imagesCAE7I5AH.jpg
by Phantom Gossiper
Fri May 02, 2014 12:12 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Well i'll be standing in the forward pocket with a brolly, and if the coach isn't happy with that, i'll sit on the bench with a blanky and hot chocolate 8)
by Phantom Gossiper
Fri May 02, 2014 1:54 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |