Search found 955 matches

Return

Re: AFL teams to stay, clubs to receive $250k this year - Ol

Hazydog wrote:I just don't get how you can set criteria and then completely ignore it when it isn't convenient without losing all credibility. (Unless your a politician.... hmm, hang on....)

by Pseudo
Wed Jul 06, 2016 12:42 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 15- Glenelg v South @ Glenelg on Saturday

Bays good by 10 points.

Never in doubt. ;)
by Pseudo
Sat Jul 09, 2016 5:35 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL teams to stay, clubs to receive $250k this year - Ol

I also don't take it as a given that the reserves will never leave.
^ this. The time will come when the interlopers will want to leave of their own accord. Maybe the eastern league will set up its own sanctioned reserves comp, maybe the interlopers will see a better opportunity elsewhere, maybe something else. Does anyone think that either club will wait until the 15 year agreement expires before it pulls up stumps and leaves? Does anyone suffer the illusion that the SANFL has the wherewithal to stop them? The time will come when they are gone. Let us hope it is sooner rather than later.
by Pseudo
Tue Jul 05, 2016 11:09 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that you rate!

Beer o'clock.
by Pseudo
Fri Jul 22, 2016 6:25 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: R17 - Sturt v West @ Unley

Magellan wrote:
Second Team wrote:North have the bye no doubt. West by 3 points. :shock: :shock: :shock:

Interesting selection, a narrow victory and very slender margin. Knocking off the top side would be the joule in the crown.

Yes, it would take a unit of energy from the Bloods. Hard to tell Watt will happen...
by Pseudo
Fri Jul 22, 2016 11:38 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Dating Help

whufc wrote:One of the best nights I've had in a long time!!!

Ended the night with a BJ then?
by Pseudo
Sat Jul 30, 2016 5:39 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: What The F***

Walked to the pub after work on Friday evening. As I walked through the grounds, heading for the front bar, I was assaulted in the car park.

By a duck.

Yes, a duck, as in buoyant waterfowl. There was a couple of mallards picking at the grass in the car park. As I walked past smiling at them, one of them lowered its head and stretched out its neck, opened its beak and charged at me. Caught entirely by surprise I jumped back; yes, I was beaten back by a duck.

Since when do ducks attack humans? WTF?
by Pseudo
Sat Jul 30, 2016 11:20 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Kids Eating Habits

There are two chances of it not happening: Buckley's and nun.
by Pseudo
Wed Aug 03, 2016 12:48 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Happy International Beer Day, everybody!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/International_Beer_Day

I can think of no better justification for pissing off early and spending the latter parts of the working day in a pub. Hooray for beer!
by Pseudo
Fri Aug 05, 2016 11:48 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Kids Eating Habits

Crumbed chops? Apricot chicken? Would have been luxury in my childhood.

I grew up with a rabid vegetarian for a father.

For years and years I thought nutmeat - a vegetarian protein loaf which comes out of a tin and can be cut into convenient slices - was actual meat. Nutmeat, chips and egg was a standard "quick meal" at our place.

Not that we ate vegetarian as a rule. Mum cooked meat more often than not, she just didn't serve it to the old man. There is a certain irony about being cajoled into eating your meat by a bloke who does not touch the stuff himself.

All the long term posters on this site are relieved to have a better understanding of you. There were, previously, lots of unanswered questions. ;)
Pfffft. The mental hangups incurred from being brought up by a vegetarian are nothing compared with the deep psychological scars inflicted by a lifetime of supporting Glenelg.
by Pseudo
Fri Aug 05, 2016 8:43 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that give you the sh1ts

Booney wrote:SA Footy timing out and not responding on my desk top.

Clearly SAfooty has been a target of DDOS attacks from foreign hackers.
by Pseudo
Thu Aug 11, 2016 10:34 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Olympic Games - Rio 2016 - XXXI Olympiad

Nice to see the Ozzy ladies knock over the Dutchies in the beach volleyball.

Particularly since the Ozzies wear proper skimpy two-pieces but the Dutchies wear a full body suit. Way to ruin an otherwise enjoyable spectator sport.
by Pseudo
Thu Aug 11, 2016 11:14 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Men's 200 Breastroke taken out by a swimmer from the glorious nation of Kazakstan!

Please all be upstanding for the national anthem of Kazakhstan:

"Kazakhstan home of Tinshein swimming pool.
It's length thirty meter and width six meter.
Filtration system a marvel to behold.
It remove 80 percent of human solid waste."

-mnd9RxyLiM
by Pseudo
Thu Aug 11, 2016 12:10 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: the only medal tally which matters

Dogwatcher wrote:I actually have this on cassingle

"You know you're nearing 40 in Adelaide when..." thread. ;)
by Pseudo
Tue Aug 09, 2016 3:20 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Jim05 wrote:Kim Brennan smashed her opponents to win Gold in the Women's single sculls

That should jump the Aussies from 9th to 5th in the medal tally. Go you good things!
by Pseudo
Sun Aug 14, 2016 12:26 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 22 - Sturt v Glenelg @ Peter Motley Oval (Sat 27/8

Hey, I was right. Glenelg did not win. :-)
by Pseudo
Sat Aug 27, 2016 5:40 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The never ending No AFL in the SANFL whinge thread

Wedgie wrote:
MW wrote:Comparing local footy to WW2...I rest my case your honour.

I didn't compare local footy to WW2.

More like occupied France than the entire war, I would have thought...

Vive la résistance.
by Pseudo
Mon Aug 29, 2016 12:30 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

LPH wrote:... The Members of both Clubs were given the positive spin from their Boards & there really wasn't much debate about it ...

Now where have I heard that before? Oh yeah....
by Pseudo
Tue Aug 30, 2016 1:47 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Centrals V Adelaide Saturday September 3 12:10

The Club can also apply for a permit for particular players in cases involving injury, suspensions or extenuating circumstances.
Interesting. I presume this means the Crows can make an application for permission to allow a non-qualified player to play SANFL finals.

I'm sure when the time comes the league will make a decision that's in the best interests of football in this state.
And here we have it. The SANFL have given the Crows permission to play Ellis-Yolmen this weekend. What a joke.

http://www.afc.com.au/news/2016-08-30/ellisyolmen-eligible-for-sanfl-final

Spoken by Heath Yoni (sic) himself:
“The brief from the Senior Coach has been all year, we want to go out and compete and win, but we want to do it in the right way ."

So "doing it the right way" extends to circumventing the qualification rules .

I should love nothing more than for the SANFL supporter base to treat this sham contest with the contempt it deserves by staying away.
by Pseudo
Tue Aug 30, 2016 1:43 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

human_torpedo wrote: But we lose GF's, its what we do..

Pffffft. Amateurs.
by Pseudo
Tue Aug 30, 2016 4:00 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

But if we are to have a viable competition going forward, it has to be a competition that is relevant to this town in 2016 and beyond.
Pure unadulterated bulldust.

If the competition is to be viable then it must be relevant to its core support base: the SANFL fan.

Attempting to be relevant to other parties is pointless, ably demonstrated by the relative lack of opposition support at games involving AFL clubs. There was a belief among certain SANFL directors that catering to the AFL clubs was the only thing that was going to keep the SANFL afloat. This has proven to be folly.

No, if the competition is to be viable then it needs to cater for the SANFL fan. Those who turn up to see the games, buy merchandise, patronise the clubs, educate their kids to continue the support in future generations - you know, the lifeblood of the league. So the support is not there to bring back those halycon days of the 70s and 80s - but the support might be there to bring back the SANFL of 2013. Most of us here would be happy with that.
by Pseudo
Wed Aug 31, 2016 4:52 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2016 SANFL Crowds

South v Ravens now 1459, not 1200ish. Must have found some Ravens supporters.

" And if all others accepted the lie which the Party imposed – if all records told the same tale – then the lie passed into history and became truth. "Who controls the past," ran the Party slogan, "controls the future: who controls the present controls the past." "
by Pseudo
Thu May 05, 2016 10:42 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

clanger wrote:Centrals beat the Adelaide Reserves by 55 points in R13 with 18 afl listed players playing on a Ground more suitable to Afl players .

More suitable than Adelaide Oval, a ground with which the clowns would be perfectly familiar?
by Pseudo
Sat Sep 03, 2016 10:17 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Cows Prediction

This constant bashing of the Crows is a yawn fest. When are all the whingers going to grow up and get over it. It's seriously boring :rolleyes:
It's time to just accept it as they are here to stay,
Back in the early 1940s there were Parisians who adopted a similar attitude with a gallic shrug, while Hitler's panzers were still streaming across the Seine.

A few years later these same folk were paraded down Paris streets with shaven heads, publically shamed for collaboration.
by Pseudo
Mon Sep 05, 2016 10:22 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The crows have said they don't want to fork out $500k to play in a AFL reserves comp

But they shell out 400k to play in the SANFL each year?

Easy fix: ramp up the price to 1m, and charge the same to the smears. They don't pay, We don't play.

Watch them both trip over each other as they race across the border to the VFL.
by Pseudo
Thu Sep 15, 2016 10:54 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2016 SANFL Grand Final - Sunday Sep 25 (Adelaide Oval)

FFS does seven have to cut to a shot of goons in the crowd every time there is a stoppage? Is there a standing wager between the cameramen for whomever can find the fugliest punter?

They could at least wait for the play to be stopped before cutting to the crowd
It would also be nice if they commented on the play instead of debating who were the commentators in the 78 decider.
by Pseudo
Sun Sep 25, 2016 4:38 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

There is a nufty in the crowd wearing full Crows regalia who appears to be cheering Sturt.

Good to see that Keith Conlon made the time to attend.
by Pseudo
Sun Sep 25, 2016 5:36 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

JK wrote:Marty Mattner statue on order for Unley?

No. The residents would object.
by Pseudo
Sun Sep 25, 2016 5:54 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: You know you're nearing 40 in Adelaide, when you remembe

Magellan wrote: Want to take a flight over a dump and some sand dunes? Sure, let's turn it into a suburban paradise!

... and if that works then we'll try it again just down the road. Multi-Function Polis, anyone?
by Pseudo
Wed Oct 05, 2016 12:05 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Celebrity Casualties

"Yoohoo I'm home."

"Hello Ted, how was your day?"

"Bloody shambles of course. Someone should blow <arbitrary noun> up!"

RIP Ross.
by Pseudo
Fri Oct 07, 2016 8:19 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that give you the sh1ts

My 16 year old niece doing some L-Plate driving with my sister this week, pulls into a servo, fills up and goes into pay. My sister waiting for her to come out is surprised by some bloke banging on her window telling her to move the car out the way.

Sister bites her tongue and politely replies they'll move as soon as her daughter is back.

Niece eventually walks out of the shop (eftpos issues and a long line meant a 5 min process) and bloke starts going off at her calling her a selfish C**t .. She's 16 FFS you weak dog, and get here ******* earlier if you're in such a rush.
Imagine what he did inside the servo with the delay......
Hopefully every punter before him in the queue ordered a coffee, just to rub the salt in :)
by Pseudo
Sun Oct 16, 2016 9:39 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SANFL starting women's league in 2017

With all the top end talent going to the AFL sides, what sort of standard is this going to be?
You'd think this would have been the perfect opportunity to run it at a different time to the AFL. But Nup.
It is clearly being run at the same time as the AFL girly comp so that in the future, when the girlClowns decide they need girlReserves, there will be a convenient pure competition for them to destroy.
by Pseudo
Thu Oct 27, 2016 10:08 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Save the Tigers

While i barrack for west adelaide i am a bigger supporter of the sanfl as a whole -- the glenelg football club is one of the foundation clubs of the sanfl and i find it distressing to say the least to think a foundation club could be lost

While I appreciate and share your sentiment regarding the loss of any club, Glenelg was not a foundation club.
by Pseudo
Wed Nov 16, 2016 10:44 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Save the Tigers

Not much raised at all by the Glenelg supporters in fact that is terrible. What the hell is this club doing . Looks like they have no idea on how to get out of it and just hope the Council will wipe the debt .Are they serious Do they have any ideas to generate income ? Surely it's time that someone with a little business sense stands up and throws the board over.
Glenelg supporters seem to be not behind their club at all. Is that because they are often losing ? This is very disturbing and they can't be blaming the SANFL or anything else for this .
It wouldn't be losing, it'd be the fact Chiggy helped destroy the SANFL by voting the cancer in .
I've fought my guts out for North in the past but wouldn't give them a cent or any effort if they were in the same boat as Glenelg these days.
At the end of the day some clubs think they can rely on happy clappers but they're the last sort of people to stand up in a crisis.

^ This.

There was a time when I would have emptied my bank balance without hesitation if the club needed it. As it stands, I made a reasonable donation to the fund, but an order of magnitude smaller. Should the club grow a set of balls and start acting in its own interests instead of A) toadying to AFL interests and B) pissing its own finances down the drain, then I would re-join as a member and loosen the purse strings. Until that time, sending large amounts of money to the GFC would be a poor investment.
by Pseudo
Wed Nov 16, 2016 9:48 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Player movement 2017

therisingblues wrote:I m not looking forward to watching Leinert line up against us next year.

So don't watch it.
by Pseudo
Mon Nov 28, 2016 6:16 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Player movement 2017

Going to be terrible watching Butch and Sammy play against Port. I'll have to look away.
Yes, I feel for you port supporters, knowing that a horrible and unjust system has snatched Butch away from the club he loved and bled for, forcing him to now play against that club in order to further his AFL aspirations.
by Pseudo
Wed Nov 30, 2016 9:58 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The Tigresses, the Hens, the Red Pantyhose and ... no, I won't say it.....
by Pseudo
Wed Nov 30, 2016 4:48 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SANFL 2017

I heard Adam Kelly from the sanfl on abc radio yesterday and the reason we have so many Saturday afternoon games is because of the way the afl draw fell, so next year even if they're proven to be successful they'll only be back if it doesn't interfere with the afl.
Isn't that damning. The SANFL draw is constructed not to suit the needs of the sovereign clubs, but to work around that other league. Straight from the horse's mouth. Little wonder the league is moribund.
by Pseudo
Sun Dec 04, 2016 7:57 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: I need to know....

Zartan wrote:
Footy Chick wrote:chick or bloke?

Dunno - they all go into a box lol

Heh... My suggestion will go into a box quite nicely ;)
by Pseudo
Fri Dec 16, 2016 11:38 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2017 SANFL Fixture

St v wwt won't be the worst game. I can list 38 other games that don't deserve an audience.
by Pseudo
Sun Dec 25, 2016 9:06 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Went to Marion shops at about 3 PM this arvo. The car park was well populated but as fate had it there was a vacant park right in front of me when I turned into the entrance. There was another car approaching from further down the lane so I paused to give way.

Fairly predictably, the driver turned on his indicator and began turning into the park.

"You bastard", I thought, and gave a short toot on the horn, then prepared to move on.

However the driver stopped halfway into the park, backed out enough to make eye contact, and pointed at the park. I nodded. The driver then backed out fully and drove off, letting me have the park.

I am astounded and flabbergasted!
by Pseudo
Sat Jan 28, 2017 7:56 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

bennymacca wrote:Plenty on here think that the afl have in effect diverted money away from sanfl to fund this.

No, but plenty of us think that a similar amount could be spent on setting up a proper AFL reserves league.
by Pseudo
Sat Feb 04, 2017 9:49 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I do find a bit hypocritical that you guys all hate the AFL and want to stand on your own two feet but simultaneously want the AFL to give you millions of dollars in cash

Can't have it both ways.
I hate the AFL, and I would genuinely love to see Gillon shove his money up his arse, note by note. AFL funding is like crack to a whore - it is only given on the implicit understanding that the receiver will allow itself to be screwed, and once dependent on it the habit is difficult to kick.
by Pseudo
Sat Feb 04, 2017 9:44 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFLW - Womens AFL

Tuned in for the third quarter out of curiosity. The standard is beneath that of a SANFL reserves match. Does not bode well for the local womens' league. I shall continue to watch in the vague hope that one of the players gets dacked in a tackle. :twisted:
Got me thinking... what would most girls be going with under the shorts.... bikini bottom, in the way some blokes go for the budgie smugglers, G Banger, Something from The Victoria secrets collection, full commando?
The Bulldogs chick that was dacked was wearing high band blue briefs :lol:

Pics or it didn't happen. :twisted:
by Pseudo
Sat Feb 04, 2017 9:52 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

This is all well and good but I'll never understand why the SANFL has gone down this road when a womens football league was already operating in SA. Surely they could have endorsed it even "merged" with it lets say. I just dont think the numbers and depth is there for another competition at the moment.
Because Gillon told them to.
by Pseudo
Wed Feb 15, 2017 9:01 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Bays win 10.8 to 2.3 , unless the scoreboard attendant has messed up, which is a distinct possibility given his tardiness in updating the scores all night.
by Pseudo
Fri Feb 17, 2017 10:07 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Booney wrote:"So, who is your source?"

"K.G"

Has this been checked?
YES!
How many sources?
ONE!
Name it.
K.G.!

by Pseudo
Mon Feb 27, 2017 10:22 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2017 Predictions for SANFL Premiers

Sturt
Norwood
Central
Eagles
South
North
West
Glenelg
by Pseudo
Tue Mar 28, 2017 2:22 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |