Search found more than 1031 matches

Return

Re: Crows 2016

Brodlach wrote:C'mon lads, what could possibly be better for the state than a Crows Premiership :D :D

If we build a nuclear reactor and it fails and goes bang and then kills us all would probably be better for the state.
by stan
Mon Aug 15, 2016 11:07 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Port Adelaide 2016

Bottom line is we've become the most irrelevant club in the AFL. Sad but true.

I'm not going to start the cycle of eating our own, but you're wrong there. Brisbane are by the length of the Flemington straight the most irrelevant club in the competition. Non football state, shit house off field, shit house on field, no members ( just over 21,000 ) and along with the Gold Coast a massive head ache for the AFL.

On field we're poor right at the moment, very poor, off field we've made massive head roads with members, sponsors and turning a massive loss upon loss into a profit and debt reduction is the next step in the process. David Koch and Keith Thomas are the men to lead us to stability off the field.

To say we're irrelevant only feeds the trolls on here who are all too happy to kick Port while we're down.
I commend your attitude Booney. In light of all the trolling and crap you get on here you still front up.

Well done and keep going, supporters like yourself are what keeps clubs going through the bad times. Good on you.
by stan
Mon Aug 15, 2016 11:29 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Australian Test Tour - Sri Lanka 2016

Just quietly Starc has really come on of late.
by stan
Wed Aug 17, 2016 9:16 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Discussion of the penultimate

Kane Cornes said this morning that if Adelaide don't play in the Grand Final that is a failed season. WAD! Nobody at the start of the season would have thought they would be top 4 let alone maybe make a GF

Would have thought missing finals is a failed season.
Where they are now though he is right. Will finish top 2 and with a possibility of 2 home finals including a home Prelim it would be classed as a failure from here
But technically you can say unless you bring a flag home you have failed haven't you

Depends on perspective. I think Sydney have been the best team for a while though, so if we lose to them it will suck but it wont be unexpected. I dont think you could say thats a failure. But not making it from here would be
I dont disagree with you I was just making the intial point that Cornes is probably technically correct but really its down to your own perspective.

Cornes seems hell bent on taking over from his old man as king **** if SA. Honestly hes doing a good job at the moment.

To the point though, Adelaide lots arguably there best player in Dangerfield and look to have improved from last season. It would be disappointing if they dont got deep into september but a failure? Hard to say really.
by stan
Sat Aug 20, 2016 12:21 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Discussion of the penultimate

daysofourlives wrote:
mighty_tiger_79 wrote:Sloane 4 weeks down to 3 with early plea

Careful youll be called a troll by the precious nuffies

Give the dirty **** 10 hahaha
by stan
Sun Aug 21, 2016 12:07 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

gossipgirl wrote:gives the media a diversion from bananas

Its a dream week for 5aa. A chance to attack port over bananagate and an AFL conspiracy over Sloane.

Rowey would have woken up with a wet bed.
by stan
Wed Aug 24, 2016 2:13 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Booney wrote:Test

Ah one dayer?
by stan
Wed Aug 24, 2016 4:53 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

West Coast coach Adam Simpson joined the chorus noting Adelaide plays a "distinct style"
In fairness if you your homework and look closely at sides you will notice they all have a distinct style. It comes down you being able to shut them down and having the game plan to shut them down. Sometimes it comes off and works other times you cant contain them.
by stan
Mon Aug 29, 2016 10:49 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Finals Week 1

The tweets from the AFL as to why the game is at anz are histerical.

Good meetings and discussions with anz stadium. Lol, in other words they wont sue if a final is played there lol.

Need the extra capacity for Sydeny ans GWS members lol.
Lol.
Lol.lol

Oh dear me I cant stop where will all those 34 GWS members site at little of SCG.
by stan
Mon Aug 29, 2016 10:51 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The never ending No AFL in the SANFL whinge thread

A certain radio station that played parts of the Roy interview this morning, have had a phone call from the SANFL. They are not happy!
Diddums to the scum at the SANFL
I assume they are talking about MMM this morning. Thats ******* hilarious. MMM are actually keen to get him on and have a chat.

So the SANFL have said they arent happy well christ they were lucky enough to get a meniton in the first place.
by stan
Wed Aug 31, 2016 4:53 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

VALE PARK wrote:Like that Iraq general said a few years ago,
after the invasion.
'Everything is fine'!

He was the information minister and he was legend.
by stan
Fri Sep 02, 2016 5:23 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The SANFL PR are in full swing this morning. Jake Parkinson is currently on FIVEaa and of course Penbo and Goodings are nothing but yes men for the Crows. Trying to justify how increased TV audiences are more beneficial than actual crowd numbers. Wankers the lot of them.
Penbo's also a keen Sturt man, but I presume he's part of the Keith Conlon 'both teams play and you can't lose' sad case each-way-bet brigade. As for Goodings, the closest he ever got the SANFL pre-Crows was his house on West Lakes shore.
Penbo is a massive ******* flog. Complete utter piece of crap.
by stan
Mon Sep 05, 2016 9:56 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Centrals V Adelaide Saturday September 3 12:10

21 Full Time Professional athletes v 21 Part Time Semi Professional athletes is just not fair no matter which way anyone words it.

Look at your bloke that ripped his hamstring.....you could see it on his face that he knew that in all probability that his season is over, probably hasn't worked at his day job outside of football this week, accumulated medical bills and rolled up for training long after the little bubble crow boys have gone home to sit on the couch and watch Home & Away....

Wasn't 21 full time professional athletes but lets not let the truth get in the way of a good story hey
Yeah no shit nobody watches bloody home and away anymore.
by stan
Tue Sep 06, 2016 1:38 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

How Caleb Daniel wasn't Rising star is bewildering. Typical AFL trying to make Sydney relevant.
[emoji38]

Are you ok?
Im not sure any Eagles fan is ok after that.

Dogs were very very good and well done to them. Certainly came to play.

Our season ends in the same fashion we have seen most of the season excluding the last few weeks of course. It just didnt happen for us tonight and we didnt seem switched on. Dogs were and move on to the next task.
by stan
Fri Sep 09, 2016 6:56 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

So many times Geelong kicking into the man on the mark.
by stan
Fri Sep 09, 2016 10:46 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

There are good and bad with all crowds. I had a bottle thrown at me two weeks ago. This week maybe a few people gave boomer bit of a send of but the majority of the crowd seemed to show respect to the players retiring from North.

Good and bad with all crowds. FFS lets get over it.
by stan
Sat Sep 10, 2016 11:30 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2016 Silly Season, Trades and Rumours and utter BS

daysofourlives wrote:
stan wrote:SEN are reporting that O'Meara has asked for a trade to Hawthorn.

If they have put 4mil over 5 years on the table its hardly a surprise really.

Thanks for that scoop Stan ;)

Just trying to help you out there, im not sure what radio feeds you can get under your bridge.
by stan
Tue Sep 13, 2016 2:13 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Van berlo was a good honest footballer. He wasnt a star but he contributed, played his role and was a good team man. Played the run with role as well as he had good endurance. I would say the crows would be happy what they got out of him over his career.
by stan
Tue Sep 06, 2016 8:19 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Finals Week 2

The swans defense was like glad wrap. The crows just could not find a wat through it.....

by stan
Sun Sep 18, 2016 7:37 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: North Melbourne 2016

Brad Scott on Talking Footy last night said he'd have told Harvey of his future but would have handled the delivery of the news to the members differently and probably focussed on the finals before making the announcement. I'll fine a grab of it and post later. He admitted it wasn't handled well.
You are wrong Boon. It was handled perfectly. Clearly the North posters on here have explained that to you ;)
by stan
Tue Sep 20, 2016 8:19 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I'm going to attempt to explain this again to you....

Adelaide and Thommo have not agreed on a way moving forward.

Thommo wants a one year deal.

Adelaide are concentrating on CEY and Lyons contracts first.

If CEY and Lyons contracts fall through, Thommo will likely be resigned.

If CEY and Lyons sign a new contract, Thommo will likely be told no more.

There is nothing to announce right now.

Clear?

Consider myself trolled?

Know this for a fact?

No. Do you know Thommo has been told he is no longer required as a fact?
Reports today they will keep him.
Time will tell
Until the Crows finish the list arrangements which may depend on the CEY and Lyons contracts then we all really know **** all.
by stan
Tue Sep 20, 2016 8:47 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

There is no doubt wharsoever this result was manufactured and the umpires were involved. Im suprised there hasnt been an uproar.
Why would there be an uproar AG. If the SANFL along with the Umps and approved by the AFL, decided it was in the best interests of the comp that Adelaide Reserves should go out in the PF, then who would be in uproar. Non of the above as they "fixed" it, not Sturt as they won and not the Crows fans as they don't give a shit.

The answer is just as likely that neither the Crows or the Crows Reserves actually give a crap about the SANFL and it would suit their cause better to be out of the finals so they all finish together. Without wanting to fuel the conspiracy flames, would it not be just a possibility that they we're just uninterested, and with Sturt trying win the game, they just gave away way more free's.

Rucci's token protest is there because someone from the Crows has to say something to avoid appearing like the club doesn't give a rats.

I haven't seen the game by the way so I'm double guessing.
To be honest Sturt played well. Were very comitted and the crows were sloppy alot. It didnt seem like they weren't trying but more they were thinking about the piss up with the AFL boys that Sunday night and then leading into Mad Monday.
by stan
Tue Sep 20, 2016 8:23 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The South Australian Political Landscape

Jimmy_041 wrote:In accordance with the South Australian constitution, which is the ultimate law, the party with the most votes should govern
Simple as that.

Yeah sure. So which seats will you turn over to the Libs to give them enough seats to form government?
by stan
Wed Sep 21, 2016 8:15 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Port Adelaide 2016

Love the way non Port fans are so desperate to discredit Hinkley. To the point of wanting him sacked. Why? If he's such a crap coach, wouldn't you want him at Port forever? [emoji38]

I like to see all teams improve and think Port have under achieved in the last 2 years.
Things don't appear right at Alberton and its Ken's job to change that........ Or move on.
Nah keep him there. A shit port is good.
by stan
Thu Sep 22, 2016 8:14 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ben Warren and Norwood part company!

Garry Hocking on his way to Norwood?
Jarman alluded to this about 2-3 months ago. I remember laughing at the time but he said that Hocking will replace a SANFL coach that would be sacked at seasons end
And Jarman is normally a fair way off the pace so if he gets this one right it will surprise us all.
by stan
Tue Sep 20, 2016 8:25 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Preliminary Finals

No one has mentioned the potential Brownlow medalist and his 4 turnovers in the first qtr that resulted in goals to Sydney.
He does jack shit when it all counts.
Possessions that mean nothing in big games for his side.
Smart move by Horse to let him run around and give the footy back to Sydney when he gets it.

Bullshit, His been Geelongs best by a mile.
Mate im not sure hes hit a target yet tonight.
by stan
Fri Sep 23, 2016 9:31 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Brownlow Medal 2016

Also congratulations to Marc Murphy.
by stan
Tue Sep 27, 2016 8:39 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that give you the sh1ts

The number of people of are physiologist and mental health experts today.
by stan
Wed Sep 28, 2016 2:24 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that give you the sh1ts

Booney wrote:Took Thursday and Friday off to make it an extended long weekend.

Tuesday morning, 136 emails. :roll:

Control + A + Del.

Job done.
by stan
Tue Oct 04, 2016 8:23 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2016 Silly Season, Trades and Rumours and utter BS

Geez we can hang shit on Port for there trade but christ they didnt just trade out a B&F for pick 88 and there vice captain for pick 61....

Oh and brought in Vickery on big coin with Tom Mitchell and a kid that hasnt played for 2 years
by stan
Tue Oct 18, 2016 11:00 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Port Adelaide 2017

Oh good UK fan is here, how many will be at the game?

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
by stan
Fri Oct 28, 2016 1:25 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Cam O'Shea delisted.

If A Very well balance argument is when you label anyone who questions Port Adelaide a port Adelaide hater.

Than labelling anyone who mindlessly defends PAFC as a half witted Rucci shouldn't unbalance anything.

If that offends you Stan ICGAF.

Let the balanced debating continue.
Doesnt offend me I just dont think the personal attacks on Booney are required.

Whislt I couldn't give F*** about Port I have no beef with Booney and dont see how he warrents your attacks. Whislt Booney defends his team he doesnt do so in a way that I would label him a Rucci or even part.
by stan
Sun Oct 30, 2016 9:07 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Player movement 2017

Mickyj wrote:Perhaps I wasn't blocked the site has login issues
Not good asking me arcade
Seems everyone else who is not an Eagles fan knows who is going

Christ your a bit grumpy this morning mate. Please relax and lighten up my friend, I dont think anyone intended to offend you just a few jokes.
by stan
Wed Nov 02, 2016 8:45 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that make you laugh

Spargo wrote:
cracka wrote::roll: The pathetic arguments going on between MW, Dutchy & spargo.

Capital "S" for Spargo please.
Only a bit of harmless back & forth shit slinging, we haven't got to the pathetic argument stage yet...

Good entertainment if nothing else. Please proceed there mate.
by stan
Fri Nov 11, 2016 11:52 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Australian International Summer

Depending on conditions it might well be Lyon out as well for thr 4th quick. The ball ducked around plenty under lights.

by stan
Sun Nov 20, 2016 4:34 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: International Test Cricket

Looking forward to Pakistan coming over here, they have 4 good quicks that will make things interesting if we have skme decks with a bit of juice.

by stan
Fri Nov 25, 2016 11:03 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Some terrible reviews last night. Bevuma chanelling his inner Watson with tha one.

by stan
Sun Nov 27, 2016 7:02 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Player movement 2017

saintal wrote:
darley16 wrote:South's 2017 season....over. What does category B rookie mean, can Irra still play with South?

Would very much doubt it..

No he will still play at Port.
by stan
Mon Nov 28, 2016 4:08 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that you rate!

Summer and what it brings. So many functions on this time of year. Just walking through town was a pleasure.

by stan
Fri Dec 02, 2016 5:00 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SAWFL - Dogs & Panthers shafted

This whole thing still makes no sense to me. There is already a WFL in SA at the moment, the SANFL should be integrating with that rather than starting another one from scratch.

by stan
Fri Dec 02, 2016 9:48 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: I need to know....

One of our journo folk here may be able to answer this question....

I was perusing yesterdays paper, namely the article on the sentencing of the killer of Louise Bell. A photo was also shown of another of his victims.

This may seem silly but would a paper contact the family as a courtesy to warn them (as such) that photos of their deceased child will be strewn across the paper, I'd hate to be the parents of Michael Black having these memories brought up again even though it doesn't really have anything to do with their child.
Being the Tiser, unlikely. They wouldnt give a shit.
by stan
Thu Dec 08, 2016 8:56 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The South Australian Political Landscape

The state Liberals have effectively been handed two further seats that could see them win a thumping majority if they replicate their 2014 statewide vote at the next election, after the commission charged with redrawing the electoral map made significant changes in its final report.

http://indaily.com.au/news/politics/2016/12/08/election-shakeup-libs-handed-pole-position-in-2018-poll/

These changes might be the only way the Libs can get back into power. If Muhammad can't come to the mountain, the I guess the mountain has to come to Muhammad.
They will still find a way to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory.
by stan
Fri Dec 09, 2016 1:15 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

So this business about picking in form players from the Shield like Hanscomb and Renshaw seems to go ok. Who would have thought?

On Renshaw, still has plenty of work to do and is only 20 of course, but I like what I have seen so far. Yes he has clear issues on a line just on or outside off with a bit of movement. Certainty not alone there in the world of cricket, but at 20 he has the time to work on that. I like his approach to batting and opening. Has a good mindset to be out there for a while. I think with time we will really see this kid develop nicely.
by stan
Fri Dec 16, 2016 7:52 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Spargo wrote:
Dutchy wrote:Port made a $14k Profit in 2016, not sure it has been mentioned yet. Good to see them in the black.

Careful mate...

Hardly black. Although thats the second year of profit in a row, 14k is not setting the world alight.

However they are not losing money at the moment so thats a good thing fr them.
by stan
Mon Dec 19, 2016 10:07 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Bombers4EVA wrote:Is Lyon worth the patience or does CA need to find another spinner? Even though our spinner's stocks are very low. Who should CA invest in or do we keep playing Lyon?

Honestly dont see a replacement readt to go at the moment.
by stan
Mon Dec 19, 2016 12:03 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Booney wrote:All this interest in Port Adelaide, you blokes can't spend enough time thinking, typing, reading about the great club. [emoji38]

You can all sign up below :

http://www.weareportadelaide.com.au

Well played sir
by stan
Tue Dec 20, 2016 1:09 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: GWS

MW wrote:AFL used the same wet lettuce leaf Port used

AFL fined them. So really they fined themselves......
by stan
Thu Dec 22, 2016 10:26 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2016 Draft discussion

:shock: LMFAO - Welcome to struggle town pal, population, YOU!

If he thought living on a couple of hundred thousand was tough, welcome to the real world pal!

Prior to the trade period :

SYDNEY Swans grand final player Xavier Richards has requested a trade to a Melbourne club and his manager says the cost of living in Sydney is the key factor in his desire to move.
The Swans lost their cost of living allowance (COLA) in controversial circumstances after they recruited Lance Franklin on a nine year $10 million deal on the back of signing Kurt Tippett from Adelaide the year before (2013).
But Richards’ manager Phil Mullen said the expense of living in Australia’s biggest city was a real issue for players down the pay scale from Franklin and Tippett.
“Xavier wanting to leave the Swans has nothing to do with being unhappy with the club,” Mullen told The Daily Telegraph.
“If you’ve got money to spend you’d get better value in Queensland or South Australia than you do in Sydney. Living in Sydney makes it tough on a lot of players.”
The advent of free agency is seeing the game’s best players getting richer while those down the financial ladder aren’t making as much ground. For the very well paid players such as Franklin and Tippett the cost of living in Sydney isn’t an issue but Mullen believes for journeymen players like Richards it’s a struggle.
“He will be able to go home to Melbourne and live with his parents initially and put some money away, that’s been impossible in Sydney,” Mullen said.
“I can’t understand why the AFL got rid of COLA.”
Carlton player Andrejs Everitt left the Swans in similar circumstances to Richards two years ago and said there was a real need for it especially for the less well paid players.
“It is pretty expensive to live up in Sydney, just the rent, everything to do with Sydney. I’m not sure what the figures are but I do think it (COLA) is pretty necessary,” Everitt said at the time.
The prospect of COLA being reinstated looks extremely remote after AFL Chairman Mike Fitzpatrick made his feelings known about the allowance last month.
“I was quite disappointed (when Lance Franklin switched to the Swans). I was the last defender of COLA. That announcement convinced me I had been wrong for a long time,” Fitzpatrick said at the time.
Richards has played 12 games in four years at the Swans including the last 10 of this season. His older brother Ted announced his retirement this season after 261 games for Sydney (228) and Essendon (33).
Mullen believes a deal with a Melbourne club is imminent.
“Xavier has been around for a while and knows the game,” Mullen said.
“He had a pretty good second half of the year when he was moved forward and he has plenty of ability there is no question. I’m confident a deal will get done in the next couple of days.”

:shock: :shock:

Fair to say that for Xavier Richards, the elevator doesn't go all the way to the top floor....

http://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/sydney-swans/xavier-richards-signs-with-neafl-team-sydney-university-for-2017/news-story/92e203a096fc422d665dbf797920df58
Definitely not a full slab.
by stan
Thu Jan 05, 2017 4:33 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

bennymacca wrote:how did cartwright's 4 overs look? lol

Like bloke who averages aout 70 odd wth the ball.

Look hes and honest up and down medium pacer.
by stan
Thu Jan 05, 2017 4:55 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Windows 10 upgrade fail

bennymacca wrote:try this first

http://www.howtogeek.com/132428/everyth ... dows-8-pc/

would still back up stuff you want to keep though.

Thats exactly what I am doing right now. Thanks for your help there mate. Its currently at 38%.
by stan
Tue Jan 10, 2017 9:43 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |