carey wrote:I assume Gilbee?

Correct.

You are better off with out him. Get a kid in there that wants to be there
by heater31
Sun May 03, 2015 6:00 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Norwood VS Adelaide

If the cows get their way does it mean that they will enforce the rule onto their top up players? Double standards much? Blokes that work during the day train in the evening and play 2 games in 24 hours are ok but blokes who play the game as their full time job must have 5 days between games. Soft Cocks springs to mind.....
by heater31
Mon May 04, 2015 12:29 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Thailand, Laos & Cambodia

PatowalongaPirate wrote:I got back from Thailand last week and have to go back for a wedding in about 6 weeks 8)

Ha! Customs say hello ;)
by heater31
Tue May 05, 2015 7:42 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: HFL Division 1 (Central)

with the crows playing tonight, is there any chance that carey will play for echunga??
and wittwer for hahndorf??
Was told during the week that crows top up players can play for their home club on the same weekend as they are not contracted to the crows but play for them under a permit but if a player plays for an SANFL (not Port obviously) club they can't play for their grassroots club on the same weekend as they are contracted to the SANFL club.
What a bunch of hypocrites those AFL wankers are! Bitch and complain that their precious AFL players must have a 6 day break between matches but let their non professional players helping them out play 2 games in 24 hours.
by heater31
Fri May 08, 2015 12:33 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that you rate!

slow day if the best discussion we can come with is the rise and fall of the bloody Wiggles [emoji38]

Very important part of the formative years of pretty much any Aussie kid born after around 1997.
I would drag that back to 1990......as a mid 80's kid I despised these people.......

Peter Coombe is da bomb!
by heater31
Fri May 08, 2015 1:30 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Southern Football League

ol man emu wrote:When Luke Bowd was cleared from Noarlunga to Hackam same deal as Hamilton.
Not allowed to play against Noarlunga in minor round games for 3 years.

Is he also on loan and are Noarlunga paying a percentage of his match payments? This isn't the EPL you nuffies.....

FFS seen it all now :roll:
by heater31
Thu May 07, 2015 2:39 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Developments/Projects in SA

Does anyone remember the MATS Plan?

It would've been expensive, but it would have been well worth it, even if only 2/3 of it was put in place.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metropolitan_Adelaide_Transport_Study

http://www.salife7.com.au/adelaide/places/historical/adelaide-might-have-beens
Probably would have solved some of our current traffic problems though.....
by heater31
Tue May 19, 2015 10:50 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The 2015 Attendance Comparisons Thread

Ohh good on Sturt for their comments and their proactively re match day experience but if they were struggling on field I can bet their numbers at matches and after would suffer as do all struggling clubs.
Well at least they are making hay whilst the sun shines.......with good on field performances can hopefully translate people sticking around when they are maybe not performing on the field.

Where the problem now lies is with the two bastard children of the league dragging the rest of the competition down.
by heater31
Wed May 20, 2015 9:41 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

carey wrote:
whufc wrote:Playing my first ever game of Union next week at the age of 31

Starting at scrum half

I have to ask, Why? Why would you take up such a contact sport at 31? Just miss feeling sore? Lol

I get the same soreness feeling after 4 consecutive rounds of golf these days ;)
by heater31
Sun May 31, 2015 7:32 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Developments/Projects in SA

MW wrote:I had no idea the airport stopped buildings going taller...well there you go

:shock: I thought this was common knowledge....
by heater31
Tue Jun 02, 2015 4:41 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Golf in general

carey wrote:Love seeing him shoot the same rounds as me! Lol makes me feel so much better about my self [emoji38]

YouTube PGA fails and you will see cock ups worthy of a Sunday hacker....
by heater31
Sun Jun 07, 2015 6:12 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2014/15 NBL Season + Off-season news/Boomers

RustyCage wrote:When did they become the Illawarra Hawks again?

Couple of weeks ago....
by heater31
Mon Jul 06, 2015 7:50 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: More Magpie players than their supporters at Parade?

Who cares? They made their bed so they can lie in it...
by heater31
Sat Jul 11, 2015 6:47 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I'm surprised RustyCage and Heater31 haven't crossed paths up there yet.

Although I'm not sure Heater even got up as far as Darwin?

Footy Chick

Yes I got to Darwin! But I'm back 'down south' as the locals call it now......flew home on the 2.20am flight Sunday Morning worst time to catch a flight ever :shock:

Didn't go here but did something similar at Mataranka and went to Darwin via Litchfield National Park. Did have a beer at the Berry Springs pub though :)
by heater31
Thu Jul 16, 2015 5:18 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2015 Ashes

Clarke won toss and bats
by heater31
Thu Jul 16, 2015 8:04 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

That is something you see in backyard cricket

Come on mate you wouldn't throw your wicket away like that in backyard cricket it's runs for days

Good cricket England I say. Bring on Ali, get Warner to lose his concentration and 'buy' a wicket. Well done. We were outsmarted again !

Every punter on their couch back in Australia wasn't outsmarted ;)
by heater31
Thu Jul 16, 2015 10:23 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Crows 2015

A News Limited journalist is reporting on Twitter that an announcement regarding Dangerfield could be this week....
by heater31
Mon Jul 20, 2015 1:24 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Points System Is Crucifying Country Footy

I just dont get what clubs fear about this proposal. Surely no club wants to pay players do they? Its only done because its become an accepted practice under the assumption that if a club doesnt spend money, they wont be succesful. Sure its questinable how well such a thing can be enforced properly so that competition is fair, but given how player payments have ballooned in recent years, clubs should be relieved that their is perhaps a circuit breaker.
We are semi-professional clubs. There is no harm in rewarding our achievers. Maybe there should be no money in sport at all.
If you are semi professional clubs then you should have no issues paying funds into players nominated super funds and withhold the appropriate amount of tax and issue payment summaries at the end of each financial year......
by heater31
Tue Jul 14, 2015 3:44 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide United v Liverpool

Jimmy "Bloody" Jeggo... only has one gear...

Reverse... first thought is to always go backwards...

Was great to be at the game... my lads a mad Liverpool fan so he was stoked...

I wore my Bradford City shirt though...
Yep Jeggo is a friggin nightmare. Has no instinct to take the game on, first pass is always backwards

ah so its not just me the casual soccer watcher that is stunned that this bloke is paid to play this game :shock:
by heater31
Mon Jul 20, 2015 11:06 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Think it is time to pull the trigger with Haddin, he cost us dearly in Cardiff then circumstances conspired against him to allow a replacement. The replacement did very well.
by heater31
Tue Jul 21, 2015 3:31 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Re: Points System Is Crucifying Country Footy

A country footballer goes to his club 6 times a week :shock: get your hand off it gentlemen that is the very reason they are playing country football because they can't be arsed putting in a commitment....
by heater31
Wed Jul 22, 2015 8:45 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Corporate box at Edgbaston come at me :shock:

Also that means I have a ticket to sell....
by heater31
Wed Jul 29, 2015 5:18 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

MJ_23 wrote:Hope it doesn't rain today, really looking forward tonight.

Super pleased to report live on the 45 bus to the ground a slightly cloudy day with sunshine and an expected top of 18 degrees.
by heater31
Wed Jul 29, 2015 6:57 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

If he was in form then yes he probably should have come back in regardless of what Nevill did. But he wasn't and his replacement performed.

Feck me we have a middle order that couldn't muster 100 runs between them and they are bitching about an out of form good bloke :roll:
by heater31
Sun Aug 02, 2015 10:36 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Brad Gotch

Best coach in the league IMO

would certainly agree with that. 8)

:shock: Remind me again. How many premierships has he won?

Not saying he's a good coach - but best in the league!

Don't think you can define premierships as a KPI for coaching credentials. FFS some of those Glory years Centrals teams didn't need a coach.....

I think Brad extracts the most out of what playing stock at his disposal. He took a team from near the bottom and played in a Preliminary final (all things being equal they played well enough to make the GF). No longer the Easy beats and they have clawed back respect from opposition sides.
by heater31
Thu Aug 13, 2015 3:30 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The Poms could well spank us and make it 4-1 but if we get on top early I won't be surprised if they fold ala Lords and we win in under 4 days. Surely the boys will want to send Pup off the right way.

A few things of interest in this Test which is hard to get myself up for after losing the Ashes with the abysmal 4th test effort...

1) Pups last test. I have always loved the guy and will watch every ball he faces in his last two knocks. Hopefully he keeps me awake til the wee hours
2) Who fights and saves their test careers
3) What new blood gets a crack. I would play MMarsh and Cummo. Nothing to lose.
4) Who else officially retires at the Tests conclusion. Haddin, Rogers?
5) Watching Wato carry the drinks :lol:

The form and confidence of our middle order doesn't look good on paper. FFS they spudded up against a mid table County Div 2 side :roll:
by heater31
Mon Aug 17, 2015 4:07 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Out comes the sun.
Out comes the BOOBS :).

are you calling a Tit Monday???

Tit Monday:

This put it best. I didn't write it, for those who thought I did but i'll claim it if you want me to:

"Ah, Tit Monday. It's not that far off now...

That glorious day when, heading into work on the bus, or sitting on the train, you find yourself suddenly chirpier than you have been in months. You find yourself smiling at strangers again. There is a mild involuntary tumescence in your trousers that comes and goes throughout the morning with the comforting regularity of a heartbeat.

And then you get a text around lunchtime from a mate which says: "At last, Tit Monday!" And you instantly understand why you are so happy. For Tit Monday is that special day in the year when, for the first time, the temperature rises above that magical point which causes girls getting dressed in the morning to decide to show a bit of skin.

After months of dull colours and chunky knit, the world's birds suddenly dive into last summer's wardrobe (they've not had chance to buy this season's stuff) and chuck it on without a thought. Your urban landscape is suddenly lightened with acres of naked arm and leg and, after many dark months of burrowing, breasts rising to the surface like moles at dusk.

Big breasts in white work shirts straining at the buttons. Small breasts braless in vest tops, the nipples frotted by ribby fabrics. Breasts in summer dresses bouncing in the distance so that they catch your eye before you even notice there is someone wearing them. Breasts nudging out from the crowd at traffic islands, quivering to cross the road...

And you know it is nearly summer. For previous generations, the arrival of spring was heralded by the sound of the first cuckoo. For us, it is Tit Monday.

Not that it always falls on a Monday. Like Easter, Tit Monday is a moveable feast.

And then, of course, there is Tit Monday Night. You see, in early summer, temperatures drop off very dramatically when night falls. But the dollies are not prepared. Slightly stunned by the morning heat, they drag out the summer clothes but forget to bring a cardie (a mistake they will not make again until next year), so that when they're all standing outside the pub after work celebrating the arrival of spring, their barely covered nipples have no protection from the cold. It's like a Bring-and-Buy sale where everyone has brought hat pegs. It's like a prog-rock gig where, instead of lighters, everyone is holding up nipples.

So when will Tit Monday fall this year? Will you be the first to text your mates with the announcement? Do not shoot your bolt too early. There will be false starts. You will smell fresh cut grass and see a couple of early starters and feel compelled to declare Tit Monday. But your more level-headed friends will tell you to hold your horses, keep your powder dry, don't fire until you see the whites of their bra straps.

As the poet said: one bold Northern slapper in a bikini doth not a summer make."
by heater31
Thu Aug 20, 2015 12:52 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Gozu wrote:Tom Moody's got Shaun Marsh in his XI for the 1st Test at the Gabba too, it's like a cult.

A ******* hoop rolling down a hill and Shaun Marsh is likely to nick it :shock:
by heater31
Fri Aug 21, 2015 9:30 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 18 Live scores and chat

OMG, some of the comments from the Alberton outer my daughters conveying to me, they really shouldn't be allowed to breed.

Yep , heard some pretty average comments today by the Port ressie crowd.

Would hate to think what your daughter heard.

Quite a different bunch of humans !

Surely that is questionable?
by heater31
Sat Aug 22, 2015 9:07 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Old Adelaide

Footy Chick wrote:
Bully wrote:well here is the dreaded britannia roundabout :D

shows how we've come full circle, so to speak... we've recently gone back to this set up.

some wanker traffic engineer was probably paid big $$$$$ to come up with the solution too ;)
by heater31
Thu Aug 27, 2015 7:49 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: England vs Australia ODI squad named

Stokes. WADH
Poms being typical whingers over it.

WTF are they complaining about? Stokes could have still ducked and made his ground without stretching his arm away from his body. Correct decision made.

If he was struck on the body then he is taking evasive action and would have been given not out.
by heater31
Sun Sep 06, 2015 12:41 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2015 SANFL Retirements

Madrooster wrote:
CENTURION wrote:
pompy wrote:Tim Webber may be an out for NFC in 2016.

Rumour coming out of Norwood is that Jimmy Allan has been sacked!!

Jimmy has certainly left Norwood - quit early this week.

Surely this will be a big talking point at Cibo on the Parade ;)
by heater31
Thu Sep 03, 2015 11:41 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that give you the sh1ts

HH3 wrote:Funny you say that Boon.

We have one rep who we have heard from customers that he stands in the foyer until they buy something. Even if they've told him they don't need anything.

He's our most successful rep.

He also probably doesn't have any friends ;)
by heater31
Wed Sep 09, 2015 4:20 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ch9 AFL Division 2 - 2015

I tend to agree, but there are plenty of tradesman and what not at those clubs with traditionally lower socio-economic demographics.

So at Unley it might be that the Junior Lawyer makes Partner, at Mitchell Park it might be that the bricky gets the sub division.

I love that Unley is stereotyped as the team full of lawyers! @Jetters.... Thoughts?
Inner city bogans more like it ;)
by heater31
Thu Sep 10, 2015 5:45 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

HH3 wrote:Somebody say they hate dick pics ......i dare you

you got a that good of a zoom on your camera ;)
by heater31
Fri Sep 11, 2015 8:59 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Spargo wrote:Today's weather - and the amount of female skin optically on offer it brings....

Are you calling the very first post of this thread???
by heater31
Fri Sep 11, 2015 11:24 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ch9 AFL Division 4 - 2015

Failed Creation wrote:
OnSong wrote:FC, how are you able to coherently post? Are you not at Mad Monday?

I assume you're talking to me?

If so, I'm not a player.

As such, Mad Monday is, and should be, the domain of the players and coaching staff.

It is your job to drop in mid afternoon to make sure they are all still alive ;)
by heater31
Mon Sep 14, 2015 12:15 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: I need to know....

Failed Creation wrote:My first year of High School was 1997, and I remember I could get an 500mL orange juice and a pie for $2.

Before school, I'd hit the local deli, and a 600mL Coke was $1.70!

These days you get a couple pieces of silver as change from a 5er :shock:

And that's just for the Coke!
by heater31
Wed Sep 16, 2015 8:47 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: I need to know....

Spargo wrote:
heater31 wrote:Well my old man paid 19 cents for his first ever schooner.
Mind you $20 was a night at the pub in those days

Equating to 105 schooners, that's a pretty fair sip...

That $20 was for 3 blokes!
by heater31
Wed Sep 16, 2015 10:50 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The never ending No AFL in the SANFL whinge thread

[quote="Dols"][quote="holden78"]The Steve Summerton confession needs to be rolled out ad nauseum every time anyone even attempts to justify the two Cancers free loading

in the comp and especially playing SANFL finals games!

That's what the Commission should be discussing....... No Finals for Cancers :shock:

If Summo's mind can be changed, then anyone's can be.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Money can do that to anyone
Exactly. That's what the clubs are getting[emoji383][emoji383][emoji383][emoji383][emoji383][emoji383]. Although Westies may need some help to stop it getting thieved from within[emoji16]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
What money??
Port dont pay and the Crows pay a measely $50k.[/quote]

How much you getting from the sale of footy park.......[emoji22][emoji22][emoji22][emoji22]

2 million is a good start

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/quote]

How does that compensate the existing clubs for allowing 2 bastard children into the competition?

The sale of Football Park has absolutely nothing to do with this issue. That transaction compensates them from the sale of an investment made 40 plus years ago.
by heater31
Fri Sep 18, 2015 12:26 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

What's the essay on? I'm sure the collective wisdom of FootySA could come up with a few choice phrases to work into the text... 8)

Demonstrate your knowledge of Asset Selection in Civil Engineering. Pro's & Cons to solve real or fictional situation, affects on all stakeholders and budgetary needs.

give up and go do real engineering, like electrical :D

without Civil we would still be living in caves ;)

Actually one godsend in this course is they have a +-20% word limit. Theoretically only need to get within 20% of 1500 words. meh 1200 here I come ;)
by heater31
Sun Sep 20, 2015 10:15 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Somethings never change.........like starting to write University Essays 8 hours before the deadline :roll:

only 1500 words to go :oops:
by heater31
Sun Sep 20, 2015 3:41 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ch9 AFL Division 4 - 2015

So as mentioned on the Div 1 forum there is a strong rumour going around that Gary McIntosh is taking the reins at Hope Valley for season 2016.
Apparently Jarman on the Rush Hour started the rumour... Not sure if you could believe anything that came out of Andrew Jarmans mouth...
Jarman taking the piss surely....
It was actually Darren Berry who mentioned it on the radio show Saturday morning
Which Chuck would have been set up by Jars.....not sure if Chuck knows who Macca is?
by heater31
Mon Sep 21, 2015 2:36 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Lightning McQueen wrote:After a massive night I caught a cab into work today, only to lose my phone charger adaptor somewhere in my travels.

It's been a very long slow day.

Played an away game last night? ;)
by heater31
Fri Sep 25, 2015 2:51 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The Advertiser 'so disappointing' again

Crows and Power 2's get a write up every week. Why can't any other club's seconds get one for going undefeated ;)
by heater31
Mon Sep 28, 2015 8:02 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: NFL Season 2015/16

RustyCage wrote:Season over for the dolphins!

Season over for the Coach!
by heater31
Tue Oct 06, 2015 8:38 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Rule Changes for 2016

I thought this was a piss take but the SANFL are serious!
by heater31
Fri Oct 09, 2015 9:50 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Stephen Bailey arrested over missing mother

Booney wrote:
heater31 wrote:Still debateable that it's relevant to talk about on a public forum....

Pretty certain The Age website is a public forum, is it relevant or even mildly interesting? Not really.

Rephrase to Public Forum about football.
by heater31
Fri Oct 09, 2015 3:12 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Trades/Drafts (Nov & PSD/Rookie) - 2015

Why are West Coast bitching about the compensation given? They could not find a spot in their best 22 for their vice captain who was out of contract and they want more than a 2nd round pick? Tell them their dreaming Gill :roll:
by heater31
Tue Oct 13, 2015 8:53 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that make you laugh

With a simple Trade Dean Gore has gone from a pick 50 odd player, Playing 2's footy to a superstar! Lol.

Adelaide media you never let me down! :D

SANFL Talent manager Brenton Phillips said it best - He has the potential to be another Dangerfield.....just not as quick but has a better kick than Patrick :lol:
by heater31
Tue Oct 13, 2015 9:50 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |