Search found 953 matches

Return

Re: IPL

Cam Green played his best knock in the IPL scoring 64* (40) and taking 1/29 in a MOM performance

Behrendorf again in the wickets picking up 2/37 and Meredith 2/33

Tim David 16 (11) brilliant in the field however taking 4 catches and a runout in Mumbai's win
by locky801
Wed Apr 19, 2023 8:57 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ashes 2023

The absolute certainty with which Dave Warner pretty much came out and told the world when he would be retiring was enough to know that he has a free pass. Then the fact he has a 'start when you like' contract with Foxtel despite many of the current star players futures coming to an end and being potential media personalities tells everything you need to know. CA treat the general public as idiots.

Like usual though cricket admin won't rip the bandage because:

-1 they will have to damage control the crisis.
-2 most of the admin and potentially some current players will immediately have their careers cut. short.

By the time Warner reveals all, the current staff and players will have all sailed into the sunset with very healthy bank accounts.

Davey will go when Candice says Davey can go, ;)
by locky801
Wed Apr 19, 2023 6:08 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: R3 Centrals v Adelaide Saturday 1.10

This thread will explode tonight, well played Central, onwards and upwards :D
by locky801
Sat Apr 22, 2023 5:03 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2023 Predictions

Spargo wrote:Took Adelaide in the SEN knockout - never, ever again.

bet that had the heart pumping lol :shock:
by locky801
Sun Apr 23, 2023 4:29 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Here goes Candice again

Keep your mouth shut’: Candice Warner blasts Cricket Australia for lack of support after ball-tampering saga

Candice Warner has accused Cricket Australia of failing to support her husband following the Cape Town ball-tampering scandal of 2018, claiming the organisation tried to prevent the veteran opener from representing his country again.

Speaking on The Matty Johns Podcast this week, Warner opened up on the lack of player welfare offered to David after they returned from South Africa.

“There was no support. Basically from when we left the hotel in South Africa, David was wiped,” Warner said.

“There was no Cricket Australia official helping him. There was nothing. It’s like basically you fend for yourself now.

“It was basically fend for yourself, see you later. Thanks for your services.

“Probably, we’re going to do our best for you not to ever come back and play cricket for our country again. We’re going to blame you for everything, and that’s what they did.”

Hell lets get the ashes done and dusted and he retire, i'm more over this woman than the actual incident itself

Her social media engagements must have dropped last week....needed to get back in the news and get the hits up.

thinks it more so the release of her book :roll:
by locky801
Mon Apr 24, 2023 5:30 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Round 6

Great game of footy. Bombers not disgraced by any means, think Jim's being a bit harsh
by locky801
Tue Apr 25, 2023 6:39 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: TDK's International Test Cricket Update's

Ireland ended up getting 492

Paul Stirling getting his 1st test ton. Got plenty in the shorter formats

Obviously its an Adelaide oval Road

Sri Lanka 1/228

Madushka 104*
Karunaratne 115 just dismissed
by locky801
Wed Apr 26, 2023 5:48 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Port Adelaide 2023

Some credit where it’s due, Ken Hinkley has definitely changed since the showdown loss and so has Port Adelaide’s output and therefore results. He’s gone away from sitting upstairs, guzzling Pepsi max/coke no sugar and the cliches. He’s on the bench, showing emotion, has a crack at journalists when they are out of line and definitely brings some urgency to the bench. Ports consistency and urgency has definitely improved - **** me dead if this happened 3-4 years back then who knows what could have happened in that time…..

Koch already drawing up the new 5 year contract ;)
by locky801
Sat Apr 29, 2023 3:55 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 4 Sturt v Central District

Good 1st half by the Dogs it seems, they are barking in 23
by locky801
Sat Apr 29, 2023 4:48 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL media

Good to see Robbo back and in fine form ;)
by locky801
Mon May 01, 2023 8:19 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: I need to know....

We never charged our 3 kids anything as long as they could show they were not being wasteful with their money we were happy to keep it at that.

They all pulled their weight at home by doing daily chores, cooking meals, lad kept the garden neat and tidy

All three have well paid jobs whilst living at home, which they all still have now, the lad was the last to move out 3 months ago.

They all now have and own their own vehicles outright and have their own properties which they have mortgages on

was just the way we wanted to go, they saved hard and have what they want and both the girls still manage to travel O/S at least once a year on a holiday,
by locky801
Tue May 02, 2023 5:05 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: I need to know....

This is so familiar,

I get felt up by by 4 young chicks years ago before Megan Gale, Jen (s I call her) Hawkins, Dani Minogue and Sophie Monk were household names.

After I lodged a complaint with the Police I agreed to not press charges as they were young and it would spoil their prospects.

Sounds unbelievable now.
I got felt up more in 10 minutes at the Tiger Bar on Bangla Rd in Phuket than I have the rest of my life put together.
That was an eye opener a month after coming out of a 23 year relationship.
Pretty sure I was smiling though! :lol:

so was he :D :D
by locky801
Sun May 07, 2023 6:59 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: ROUND 6 EAGLES VS DOGS MAUGHAN THIEM OVAL SAT 2:10PM

Doggies to bark loud to the tune of 17 points
by locky801
Thu May 11, 2023 5:52 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Round 9

PatowalongaPirate wrote:My Friday Forecast -

* MT declares Richmond as the winner early in the 1st qtr
* Rioli Richmond's best
* Jezza runs amok
* Hawkins kicks 5
* Cats by 6 goals
* A Team posts incoming
* Attendance 64,246

what no forecast for the second game :D :D
by locky801
Fri May 12, 2023 5:39 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that you rate!

shitty week so i got online and ordered my lunch to pick up, along with some beverages.

went down to pick it up, and had a free can of stout thrown in so i could compare it to the 4 pack of newly released imperial stout i got with lunch

thanks Big Shed. :D little bright spark to end the week on

not sure how much work ill get done though if i start the tasting too early :lol:
well it is POETS day Tipper ;)
by locky801
Fri May 19, 2023 3:12 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Round 11

Friday night :
Sydney v Carlton - SCG

Saturday :
St Kilda v Hawthorn - Marvel
Melbourne v Fremantle - MCG
Geelong v GWS - GMHBA
Gold Coast v Western Bulldogs - TIO ( Darwin )
WCE v Essendon - Optus

Sunday :
Richmond v Port Adelaide - MCG
Collingwood v North Melbourne - Marvel
Adelaide v Brisbane - AO
by locky801
Fri May 26, 2023 12:36 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: TDK's International Test Cricket Update's

Ireland 4/78 at lunch

Entertaining session
by locky801
Thu Jun 01, 2023 10:35 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: BEST JOKES - Warning: Site Rules Still Apply

Paddy hoisted his beer and said, "Here's to spending the rest of me Life, between the legs of me wife!" That won him the top prize at the pub for the best toast of the night! He went home and told his wife, Mary, "I won the prize for the best toast of The night." She said, "Aye, did ye now. And what was your toast?" Paddy said, "Here's to spending the rest of me life, sitting in church beside Me wife." "Oh, that is very nice indeed, Paddy" Mary said. The next day, Mary ran into one of Paddy's drinking buddies on the street Corner. The man chuckled leeringly and said, "Paddy won the prize the other Night at the pub with a toast about you, Mary." She said, "Aye, he told me, and I was a bit surprised myself. You know, he's Only been in there twice in the last four years. "Once I had to pull him by The ears to make him come, and the other time he fell asleep".
by locky801
Sun Jun 04, 2023 7:35 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

whufc wrote:Warner not worried about Broad in the upcoming ashes

In Warners words Broad has to be selected first

Lol

So does Warner :roll:
by locky801
Mon Jun 05, 2023 5:03 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Round 13

thankfully the cricket has started
by locky801
Thu Jun 08, 2023 8:09 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that give you the sh1ts

Nah, out of the tap is my issue.
You have to pour 3/4s of it (or up to a specified marker on the pint glass) like normal and let rest.
For the last 1/4 you have to push the tap inwards instead of bringing it outwards for a normal pour.
My clown last night just poured it all by pulling the tap outward into a flat puffed up state.
It was one of the first thing's I was taught to do when working at the Sussex.

Agree on the pour

Interesting that it was the bloke at the Sussex that taught me how to pour the can

They didn't have it on tap when PAOCFC drank there a couple of years ago
Or is that just in the Corner Bar? Do they have it on tap in one of the other bars?
It was in the front bar which is out the back ironically.
I left when it changed hands about 6 years ago so things could be a lot different.
Another aside was when I worked there I read the book on my favourite band of all time The Angels and their first paid gigs were at the Sussex!
They got moved on to the Modbury when too many glasses got broken.

Lots of good things happen at the Sussex :partyman: :partyman: :partyman: :drinkers:
by locky801
Fri Jun 16, 2023 4:17 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

batmanbegins wrote: Root taking the piss with the reverse scoop

with all these reverse sweeps hitting the middle of the back you can guarantee Carey will bring it out when he bats ;)
by locky801
Sat Jun 17, 2023 2:36 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Great nights entertainment but paying for it now

Way England played sort of have you transfixed to watching all night as you just didnt know what was going to happen

Joe Root, splendid innings, back to the old Joe pre Captains days, never looked like getting out,

Looking forward to see what tonight brings
by locky801
Sat Jun 17, 2023 3:33 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Rd 10 Centrals vs Eagles X CONVENIENCE OVAL SAT 17/6 2:1

Dog fans will be barking loud tonight, well played Central
by locky801
Sat Jun 17, 2023 5:41 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

fingers crossed but have a feeling we will fall short here

Losing Smith before stumps was a major blow
by locky801
Tue Jun 20, 2023 7:35 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

50 partnership off 29 balls and Broad has made 1.

Crap bowling plans by the aussies here
by locky801
Sun Jul 02, 2023 10:46 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Down 2 nil and they still keep talking the talk

https://www.cricket.com.au/news/ben-sto ... 2023-07-03
by locky801
Mon Jul 03, 2023 5:55 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

wish someone would wipe that grin off his face every time he gets out and waddles off
by locky801
Sat Jul 08, 2023 12:34 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Ackie joins a very exclusive nudist colony. On his first day, he takes off his clothes and starts to wander around. A gorgeous blonde walks by, and Ackie immediately gets an erection.
The woman notices his erection, comes over to him and says, 'Did you call for me?'
Ackie replies, 'No, what do you mean?'
She says, 'You must be new here. Let me explain. It's a rule here that if you get an erection, it implies you called for me.'
Smiling, she leads him to the side of the swimming pool, lies down on a towel, eagerly pulls him to her and happily lets him have his way with her.
Ackie continues to explore the colony's facilities. He enters the sauna and, as he sits down, he farts.....
Within minutes, a huge, hairy man lumbers out of the steam-room toward him, 'did you call for me?' says the hairy man.
'No, what do you mean?' says Ackie .
'You must be new,' says the hairy man, 'it's a rule that if you fart, it implies that you called for me.' The huge man easily spins him around, bends him over a bench and has his way with him.
Ackie staggers back to the colony office, where he is greeted by the smiling, naked receptionist, 'May I help you?' she says.
Ackie yells, 'Here's my membership cerd. Ye can hev e key back an ye can keep the $500 membership fee.'
'But, Sir,' she replies, 'you've only been here for a few hours. You haven't had the chance to see all our facilities.'
Ackie replies, 'Listen lady, I'm 68 years owld. I only get an erection once a month. I fart 35 times a day!!'
by locky801
Mon Jul 17, 2023 6:46 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Hope there is enough time for a result and the Aussies win.

If we retain the ashes because of a draw can imagine all the drivel coming out of the English dressing rooms seeing they already believe they should be leading the series
by locky801
Tue Jul 18, 2023 2:48 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Bad i know but couldn't resist

There was a cruise ship that ended up sinking just off the coast of a small deserted island.There were only 3 survivors: 2 guys and a girl. They lived there for a couple of years doing what was natural for men and women.
After several years of casual sex all the time, the girl felt really bad about what she had been doing. She felt having sex with both guys was so bad that she killed herself.
It was very tragic but the two guys managed to get through it and after a while nature once more took it's inevitable course.
Well, a couple more years went by and the guys began to feel absolutely horrible about what they were doing. So...They buried her.
by locky801
Wed Jul 19, 2023 6:38 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The Bedge wrote:
mal wrote:1 player from each team excelled themselves on day 1.
David Warner 36 an astonishing innings by his standards in England.

Sad state of affairs when you're praising an international cricketer of making 30 odd :lol:

i was just happy to get 10 when playing in the minor leagues ;)
by locky801
Thu Jul 20, 2023 4:16 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

mal wrote:
woodublieve12 wrote:we will bowl them out for under 170

Good prediction for Englands 2nd dig
Well poised with England up by 67 stumps day 2
Australia might lead by just over that 170 and bowl England out

Nice dream MaL ;)
by locky801
Fri Jul 21, 2023 5:05 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Lightning McQueen wrote:
mal wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:
Vamos wrote:Blind Melon

I don’t understand

https://youtu.be/SNny8w18QOs

Gee I was nervous clicking on that link

you mean u did :shock:
by locky801
Sun Jul 23, 2023 7:00 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Vamos wrote:Joe Root:
"It doesn't get dark here in England until 10pm in the summer, why can't we just play until we bowl the overs?

Lets just play when and how England want to, seem as though they have written their own rule book, havent stopped whinging all series :oops: :oops:
by locky801
Sun Jul 23, 2023 10:14 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Now that the Ashes are where they belong it alters my thinking on selections for the 5th test
Thank goodness there is no LUCKworth Lewis system in cricket

MUST PLAY Murphy
But who to drop from the team , is a quandry

HAVE TO play Warner
Ive been advocating Davy should not be in the team on English past form all series
However, in view of his match winning batting in Australia, let him, finish his career overseas, by selecting him one more time
If I was his captain, I would say "David your best form is batting Bazball, lets play shots , like you used to do."
He is trying to bat too correctly- its not him at all

Havent been a Warner fan for sometime but agree here with MaL
He hasnt done overly bad this series, has got a start, seems every time he has played a bad stroke it has cost him his wicket ( compared to Crawley whose edges and french cuts got no where near the stumps)

Play Murphy for Green,

I really hope this is Cummins last test as Aussie Captain, i feel the captaincy is taking its toll like to see him back to his best with the ball and bat without the added pressure of being captain, cant say he has done a bad job because the results are on the board its more a personal thing, as for someone to replace him have no idea
by locky801
Mon Jul 24, 2023 5:39 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: RD 15 SOUTH VS WEST FLINDERS UNI STADIUM SUNDAY 30/7 2:1

Toss of the coin job

Going for Westies by 14 points to keep Brodlach happy ;)
by locky801
Thu Jul 27, 2023 5:26 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Brodlach wrote:Stuart Broad announces his retirement from Test cricket

Warner immediately unretires ;)

Broad going out whilst still well on top of his game as well, good luck to him
by locky801
Sun Jul 30, 2023 8:55 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2023 Adelaide Footy League - Division 7

whufc wrote:
carey wrote:How many is Weetra on now?

According to playhq he is on 79.

Make that 92, just a lazy 13 today :shock:
by locky801
Sat Jul 29, 2023 5:58 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Starc named australia player of ther ashes

Congratulations to Mitchell Starc, who was named as Australia's 'Player of the Ashes' !
"It's been a fantastic tour to come and express myself, had the backing from the group," Starc said post play. "Fantastic group to be a part of for a long time. Been a successful tour, from the six matches we played including the WTC final. We've got a great support staff, resilient group. A busy eight weeks for both teams but the quality of cricket has been fantastic."
Starc finished as the leading wicket-taker for the series. Across the 4 Tests he played in, he took 23 wickets at an average of 27.08, striking every 33.43 deliveries, with one five-wicket innings and best figures of 5/78.
by locky801
Tue Aug 01, 2023 6:59 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that you rate!

Wedgie wrote:Today's weather on a day I have off
Already had my echocadiagram, done all my chores and taken the dog to the dog park too so a lunch/arvo in a beer garden might work! :D
Is it too early for a beer? :?

It's never too early for a beer :drinkers: :partyman:
by locky801
Wed Aug 02, 2023 1:04 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Happy Birthday

Happy birthday TDK

Hopefully you wont need to be bailed out
by locky801
Fri Aug 04, 2023 4:41 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Each Friday night after work, Bubba would fire up his outdoor grill and cook a venison steak. But all of Bubba's neighbors were Catholic.....
And since it was Lent, they were forbidden from eating meat on Friday.
The delicious aroma from the grilled venison steaks was causing such a problem for the Catholic faithful that they finally talked to their priest.
The Priest came to visit Bubba, and suggested that he become a Catholic. After several classes and much study, Bubba attended Mass, and as the priest sprinkled holy water over him, he said, "You were born a Baptist, and raised a Baptist, but now you are a Catholic."
Bubba's neighbors were greatly relieved, until Friday night arrived, and the wonderful aroma of grilled venison filled the neighborhood.
The Priest was called immediately by the neighbors, and, as he rushed into Bubba's yard, clutching a rosary, prepared to scold him, he stopped and watched in amazement. There stood Bubba, clutching a small bottle of holy water which he carefully sprinkled over the grilling meat and chanted:
"You wuz born a deer, you wuz raised a deer, but now you is a catfish."
by locky801
Fri Aug 04, 2023 5:43 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Cover Hits for better or worse

Local band i have a fair bit to do with do covers of just above everything

HSCC release a cover each Friday and about to once again go on an australian wide tour.

Heres a recent release which even the original band was impressed with

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QqFUOXxCZm4
by locky801
Wed Aug 02, 2023 6:18 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Round 21

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:Hawks by 26

No doubt it will be comeback time but hoping the Hawks win this
by locky801
Sat Aug 05, 2023 7:06 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:37pts

Sent from my SM-G781B using Tapatalk

Getting greedy now looking for %
by locky801
Sat Aug 05, 2023 7:16 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Armchair expert wrote:Damn

don't want the brisbane pretenders ruining the finals series once again

didn't you say it was cricket season????? :shock: :roll: :D
by locky801
Sun Aug 06, 2023 7:50 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Happy Birthday

Happy birthday FC, hope you enjoy the day and celebrate in style
by locky801
Wed Aug 09, 2023 11:31 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Gridley results

Brodlach wrote:Is it the lower the score the better?

yes
by locky801
Fri Aug 11, 2023 3:26 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 16 Central v Sturt

Wedgie wrote:Central 20 points up 2 minutes into time on and lose! :shock:
Sturt's winning goal in the 35th minute! :shock:

why so much time on you have to wonder not being there, only 3 goals kicked for the 1/4 up till then :shock:
by locky801
Sat Aug 12, 2023 5:53 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |