Search found 16 matches

Return

Re: St Kilda 2013

except he's not a great player ... look at all the scandals that have occurred whilst he had been in a leadership position.

If only they had a no dickhead policy ...
by dedja
Sat Nov 02, 2013 9:04 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ashes First Test Live Discussion

Ok. So here are my keys for the third day.

1. Bat out the day. Keeping the POMs in the field all day will help for the whole series. Johnson, Siddle and in particular Harris will love sitting in the rooms kicking up their heels watching Anderson, Broad and Tremlett toil away. Fit as these blokes might be, early workloads make a difference across the series.

2. Ton up. Someone has to. Haddin deserved to in the first, but getting the job done make a huge difference to both sides. Warner or Clarke getting to the magical triple figure mark (or dare we get greedy and >1?) will add runs to our totals throughout the series.

3. Rogers needs to survive the early onslaught. Warner has his runs already, Rogers needs to prove his mettle by surviving. 20 overs and I give him a pass, but nothing could help Australia if Rogers was unbeaten at tea.

4. See of the first spell of Anderson, Broad and Tremlett. Bowlers hate coming off without a wicket. Don't underestimate the difference it made with Harris getting a wicket in his first spell. They've fired their best, with the ball at its best and got nothing. Spell #2 is so much worse with 0 in the wickets column for everyone.

5. Don't let Swann get into the series. 1/80, 2/100, no worries. But if Swann gets 5/60 or something it'll hurt us going forward. We did a great job in the first dig, but we need to make sure we keep him reacting and feeling like a stock bowler, not a strike bowler.
by Grahaml
Fri Nov 22, 2013 10:13 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ashes 5th Test Sydney Discussion (Pink Test)

Bailey averaged 19 in the shield last season and not much more this season, him stinking it up was always going to happen.

Agree but I do like the theory of 'the team should be harder to get into than out off'

Bailey was given a good chance he failed he goes.

At least the next person knows that they will have a chance to prove themselves rather than just one test

I think Boof has really given the guys the confidence in knowing they will be given a decent crack
by whufc
Sun Jan 05, 2014 12:08 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 2 - Port Reserves v Glenelg Post Match

the observer wrote:The bays have been RIP since their main side the crows went in .Dont blame the current set up

Had over twenty years to get their sh/t together, has bugger all to do with this.
by StrayDog
Sun Apr 13, 2014 6:11 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: NFL Season 2015/16

I was going to wait a few weeks before I had that whinge FE, and also not sure how it exactly works with what may be offered by the American stations.

Seems to be only a handful of the big name teams regularly on 7 mate. Can appreciate them showing the best teams, so over the last few years can accept the Vikings not being shown, but not behind the 49ers or Giants this year. Miami are probably another example. One that pisses me off is showing GB at San Franscisco whilst at the same time Vikings are at Denver (another team that, understandably, they haven't been shy in showing over the last few years).

Just read though, that 7 Mate are going to show every San Fransisco game. For what? For what may be half-a-dozen plays a game?
Though I wonder if they'll show the first week Monday night game, Vikings play at San Franscisco, given they don't normally show Monday night games
by FlyingHigh
Tue Sep 08, 2015 9:28 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Win away with a late punt return TD to Landry. Very nice Dolphins, very nice
by RustyCage
Mon Sep 14, 2015 12:36 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Give him a chance
by Jimmy_041
Tue Sep 15, 2015 3:44 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The amount of NRL fans that I know that hated NFL and called it soft coz of pads and slow and boring etc
are now saying how good it is and making comments on it left right and centre make me laugh a bit too
by Johno6
Wed Sep 16, 2015 10:08 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: guess what

what's Sarge up to these days?
by CENTURION
Sun Oct 04, 2015 8:41 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: INS and OUTS for 2018

heater31 wrote:
locky801 wrote:
johntheclaret wrote:North will need their own thread for outs

Alot more outs than in's
Last one to leave to turn the lights off?

Glenelg Football Club: "hold my beer...."
by am Bays
Sun Oct 01, 2017 12:12 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: South v Adelaide Sunday 1410

South should send the ravens an invoice for 4,000 tickets. Would love to see the look on those smug arrogant pricks faces :oops: :oops:
by another grub
Thu Jun 14, 2018 5:30 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SANFL Junior codes

Should leave it where it is.

It may be called SANFL but I don't see any Glenelg's, Sturt's, Norwood's etc playing in it.

If it went to the "other leagues" no one would see it or post in it.

95% of the clubs/teams are the grassroot AdFL clubs so I think it's in it's correct place.

Well that's my take.
by Lightning McQueen
Wed Aug 22, 2018 8:59 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Preliminary Final teams.

Psyber wrote:I'd favour cacelling any scores by North in that period. It is their responsibility to get their player management right regardless of technical and procedural debate above.

What happens if they were defending the lead and didn't/not try to score? How do you quantify that?
by FlyingHigh
Mon Sep 17, 2018 11:53 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Unless they can prove some INTENT of North to deliberately play with 19 then it is a non issue.
by Dutchy
Mon Sep 17, 2018 11:57 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Booney wrote:SANFL have handed it over to the SA Football Commission who will be briefed this afternoon.

by Pseudo
Mon Sep 17, 2018 2:07 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |