Search found 6 matches

Return

Re: Aldinga Sharks Forum

Congrats to all involved in the Footy Show live cross last night. What should have been a brilliant opportunity to promote your club turned into a bloody shambles. You embarrassed not only your club but the entire SFL. How the hell do you expect people to take your club and our competition seriously when you act like that?

I hope you can at least get Saturday right and that something positive comes out of this fiasco
by RFC 2010
Fri May 23, 2014 10:29 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Southern Football League

Dutchy wrote:Plays for HV currently?

No. He has no affiliation with the Vikings
by RFC 2010
Fri Nov 20, 2015 10:36 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

A lot of people going over old ground, covered so many times so though I would do a quick write up on my thoughts/what I have heard for the upcoming year.
Flagstaff Hill Could go one of 2 ways after last years finals choke, should make the GF
Reynella Flag favourites with a few players and brown paper bags moving around
Brighton Surprise grand finalists, good honest team who will perform well in finals because of fitness and big ovals
Noarlunga Always land a few big fish around this time of year, Finals spot will determine who they get
M Ville Park A few years of finals footy, I have them slipping down the ladder
Christies, one of the best performed teams of last year, with all teams making the Prelim (iirc) recycling an old coach who didn't have much success seems strange, and there are a few locals unhappy, Club would be expecting atleast a prelim with recruits that have come in.
Morphett Vale, recruited well, have a coach that should be able to get the most out of the team, although not to many at Mclaren were to disappointed to see him leave
Happy Valley For a club with so many numbers and juniors, last year would be probably the most disappointing of all teams! Too many chiefs and not enough Indians off field
Port Noarlunga Would expect with them missing the finals last year and the easier draw (pattern of the last few years) for them to improve, but im not hearing any good things with a lot of the older players staying around and taking the $$$ without the passion
Cove New Coach will be interesting, haven't got a lot of ins yet, Similar to last year
Marion Havent heard much, so would expect the same
Hackham Still suffering from the Clifton regime, haven't heard to many promising reports
OSB Lonsdale Have a few handy clearances in, but also lost their best 2 players from last year
Aldinga As always a few clearances in, need the recruits to stick around for a few years to try and turn it around, Finally seem to have juniors filtering through which is the key for them

Not sure how you would know what's happening at Oval Rd but there are no brown paper bags. A successful playing environment and good people wins out over $$$ every time.

Time to crawl back in your hole
by RFC 2010
Mon Apr 04, 2016 8:19 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Can't see the GSFL changing from 10 teams

Surely they'd welcome at least a couple of our strongest teams in order to improve their comp?

Improve on a comp where you play everyone home and away, in all grades and don't forget the full family aspect with netball & community involvement....unlikely but hey, just my opinion!

You're probably right. As a Reynella supporter, I would love for our club to be a part of the GSFL and I think we would add something to their comp. The same can be said for Morphett Vale, Noarlunga and Flaggies.

I'm sick of the rat-shite competition the SFL offers where the top clubs play non competitive matches for more than 50% of their minor round games
by RFC 2010
Fri Jul 08, 2016 6:31 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Didn't see the incident, so no more than an interested observer. It seems that there are two very different stories going around. 1 a football collision and 1 a fairly unsavoury elbow - well off the ball. These are 2 very different things. Surely if we strip away emotion and club v club hatred some common sense needs to come to the fore and a little truth be reported. Maybe yet another finals loss to Shoes has a fairly disappointed Reynella clutching At straws and letting emotion get in the way of the facts.

Pantherman, the Shoes player rang the Reynella coach after the game, admitted that he f*cked up, admitted that he immediately regretted what he did and showed genuine concern for Bradwell. Doesn't sound like he thought it was just a football collision???? Strange how he completely changed his tune and then pleaded not guilty after the Shoes got in his ear and told him what to say at the Tribunal. Face facts, it was a dog act and he deserved more than two games
by RFC 2010
Wed Sep 07, 2016 9:28 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Maroon coats at the SFL have finally come up with a plan and I reckon it stinks. Playing a C grade/Div 2 on a Saturday is never going to work. Most C graders work then that's why they play Sundays.

Time to p*ss off Marion and Lonsdale and get another strong club like Blackwood to join the league and it will be back to the glory days

Just a question, not trying to be nasty but why would any club leave their current league and nominate to play in the SFL?
I'd be more concerned with which clubs will be leaving and what will be left of the SFL.

Our competition used to be a great one but it turned to crap when the two divisions merged. I assume the SFL was trying to force a couple of the weaker clubs to amalgamate/fold/leave by merging the divisions, leaving us with a strong 12-13 team comp. You can't blame them for trying but it was clear after a few years that it had not worked and would not work. That is when something should have been done. We're now left with a shell of a comp which will only get weaker and, in reality, will be gone within five years. Too little too late ...
by RFC 2010
Fri Aug 04, 2017 12:14 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |