Search found 72 matches

Return

Re: Clubs in strife

But, there might be merit in suggesting the structure of the Junior system is affecting the sustainability of senior clubs

Indeed if you follow the passage of this thread it started as people blaming the downfall of Kilburn and Brahma Lodge on a lack of foresight in their junior programs which lead to retorts that the Junior system is inherently unfair.

Trying to identify the problems of "clubs in strife" without considering systemic problems in football, particularly in junior football, is akin to trying to diagnose cancer by listening to a persons symptoms rather than getting them an MRI scan.
by jo172
Thu Mar 27, 2014 4:00 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Flash Poll - Which grade do you think Kilburn should be

smosh vs kilburn this saturday div 7 done

unley div 3 - bye this week

done zzzzz
by marbles
Mon Apr 07, 2014 5:33 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SAAFL Division 7 2014

Phantom Gossiper wrote:Hi.. umm we lost our home.. can we come live in here? :lol:

Piss off Marc Cox :D
by Q.
Thu Apr 24, 2014 12:50 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SAAFL division 6 2014

It's in strife because football is lower on the list of priorities for young males these days, not because of a minority getting a bit of coin. Absolutely agree.

But, the amounts being paid makes some of those young men all of a sudden raise the priority of football in their lives.

That in turn, swings the pendulum even futher in favour paying clubs, which then in turn creates greater disharmony, despite the fact that particular model is unsustainable.

Horseshit.

It's probably because they have greater access to more flexible and individualist pursuits. How is it horseshit? Its human nature. Paying players would increase a lot of peoples propensity to play football.

Case in point:

Billy the Bricklayer - Billy is a good footballer, he enjoys it, but, he can earn a fair bit of cash in hand on Saturdays. And the missus really wants that extension. So he decides to not play anymore. But wait! Rose Farm, a club which jumped up a div has a great big healthy football budget, they can give him $200 cash each Saturday. You know what, **** it, Billy decides to chuck on the boots this year.

Carl the Cabinet Maker - Carl is slightly different - a couple of kids, always struggled to make ends meet, he decides that since he works such long hours during the week, he just can't keep giving up Tues, Thurs, Sat and Sunday. But wait! Rose Farm could very well help out with the credit card debt and boy that $200/week could make the difference. Carl jumps on board.

Darren the Disco Biscuit - Darren is a odd cat. Boy can he play footy though. Problem is he is lazy, and just likes to party and tune chicks. Playing footy just isn't his style anymore man, too cool for school. But wait! Rose Farm could pay for his Saturday nights, plus he can work on his bicep curls. Darren signs up.

Frank the Fitzroy dude - Frank is solid player, goes alright in the A's. Oddly he lives right next door to Mitchell Park, but that's another story. Frank here isn't really THAT keen for footy, but you know what, if someone were to chuck him a few hunge a week to roll out, why not eh? Frank signs on.

If you think coin is not a motivating factor for many, many young men to put the boots on, then, well, you need to talk to more people.
by morell
Mon May 26, 2014 2:49 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Junior Football

Junior football to me is about getting a decent breakfast on a Sunday morning and checking out the MILFs, oh, and I'll watch my lad play and/or umpire.
by Mr Beefy
Thu May 29, 2014 12:44 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SAAFL division 6 2014

Because the div 6 footy folk are your everyday nice guys unlike your higher grade folk who believe their feces don't stink!

I think I'd much rather steal a chip with my jumper inside out whilst pulling myself on the bus than be looked down upon! :lol:

Div 6 folk Rock!
by carey
Mon Jun 02, 2014 4:53 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SAAFL Division 4 2014

Not sure what any of this has to do with div 4 football..
footy chick.jpg
by Phantom Gossiper
Tue Jun 03, 2014 4:50 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SAAFL division 5 2014

Guys, I've taken off the shot, not because of any potential action but just because it's not the type of shot we want to promote.

Also, had that been a shot of Cox and a raised elbow, others would be jumping up and down whilst others jumped to conclusions. - thx Lisa

Quality shot
by jo172
Mon Jun 23, 2014 2:18 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ch9 AFL Division 5 - 2015

Yes he is playing at Mawson Lakes, but only playing come finals time in the C grade to make sure we beat Ingle Farm and Lockleys. We will also be forfeiting the C grade 4 times during the year to put his name down.
by The Informer
Mon Nov 24, 2014 4:15 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ch9 AFL Division 6 - 2015

in 50 years time when someone does the history of StPauls FC will it be specifically stated that the club was established in 2015? dont think so

mawson lakes should simply break away, evolve as themselves, dump their unhappy wife (StPauls) and become the Mawson Lakes 2.0 - lone and self dependent
by marbles
Mon Feb 02, 2015 11:33 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ch9 AFL Division 3 - 2015

Kilburn to div 3 . Brahma to div 4. Both have teams to compete in these divisions now. Someone from div 6 to go up to div 5 (Smithfield or WC would have the best squads for this). Houghton and Angle Vale would both be very competitive in the new Div 6. Now we just need the SAAFL to be more forceful and a couple of clubs to stop sandbagging. 8)
by old farmer
Tue Feb 17, 2015 4:50 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ch9 AFL Division 7 - 2015

Sorry should of checked spelling. :lol: Sorry mate, its not just you, everyone spells it weird. And pronounces it odd as well.

A group of WAGS were asking where "who-tonne" was on the weekend.

Bahaha I reckon that was us. :D As for where Houghton is, it's like bloody Narnia or something. I've driven through it by accident on the way up to Kersbrook once or twice, but I don't remember how I got there.

PS. Is it 'Howton'? Because that's how I've been saying it and people give me strange looks when I do. :?
by fisho mcspaz
Fri Mar 20, 2015 11:29 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Q. wrote:Any news on the Salisbury West and North Pines trial yesterday?

A couple of murders and a car jacking. Not allowed to comment whilst still under investigation ;)
by Happy Endings
Sun Mar 22, 2015 2:27 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ch9 AFL Division 5 - 2015

[quote="carey"] So the ball didn't go over a fence to change the game this week ? Lol. Congrats. Good win

Not this week :)

I assume you are talking about the para hills game here... I Don't know what was said, and im not sure it was match turning... but that ball was definitely doing different things than normal. Kicks 40 meteres were bouncing on the point and going back 5-10 meters . But the ball felt perfect. Was very odd!!!!

That WILL happen if the kick has enough elevation in it

Thanks for that physics lesson.

These balls didnt have the elevation required to make it normal. Which i thought was obvious...[/quote]

My balls are often elevated in this wintry weather, it's quite normal.
by Q.
Mon Jun 29, 2015 2:11 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ch9 AFL Division 6 - 2015

Might as well do it for D7 too Zartan. Thanks in advance.
by morell
Mon Jul 06, 2015 12:23 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Hahah, we're well short of playing Yank Man and Q. is an out and out star. Looking forward to seeing the slap head have a kick actually.

We know where we at and that Houghton are the team to beat this year. Will take a monumental effort to get the chocolates this week.

I'm a natural pessimist though, so who knows!

go easy on Q he'll be a bit out of shape

http://facefatburntnn.nazuka.net/images/grstvw056.jpg
by marbles
Mon Jul 13, 2015 2:57 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Ur gonna cope it tomorrow Starky lol

just got a message from the big chief himself making sure im going to this place and to bring correct change i assume they got a boxing ring and protective gear i think i may have unleashed the beast in Q
You get in for free for being the unwilling participant in the main event.
by Q.
Mon Jul 13, 2015 3:31 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

BZB27 wrote:Should put the one up of Frangas running away like the little kid :)

by Q.
Mon Aug 03, 2015 1:55 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

norm11 wrote:Can't wait to play at Houghton this week.

I'd ask you blokes to wear a clash guernsey, but it won't matter after about 10 minutes into the game.
by Q.
Mon Aug 03, 2015 5:35 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ch9 AFL Division 4 - 2015

Failed Creation wrote:
jo172 wrote:
aussi rulz wrote:heard a whisper last night Kilburn might have a $$$$ issue again......... geez didn't see that coming

Surely not? :(

I wouldn't think so.

I'm not privy to all the information around the club, but I think I'd have heard about it if this rumour had any truth to it.

How much are you on mate? ;)
by wristwatcher
Wed Aug 12, 2015 11:58 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Robb_Stark wrote:i heard kilburn have a money tree out the back

Most residents in the area probably do :lol:
by The Bedge
Fri Aug 14, 2015 12:58 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

In the middle of GTA V or Vice City would be acceptable excuses.

I've dead set skipped training because my mates needed me in a Call of Duty clan battle :| Sorry Scooter!
by morell
Mon Aug 24, 2015 2:56 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

We had one last year that said he couldn't get back from Darwin one week because his passport had expired
by Mr Onions
Mon Aug 24, 2015 3:13 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

with out cash ifKkilburn go into div 3 they will be similar to how they failed in the div 3 the other year
Rob what would you know! Kilburn have been a powerhouse in Amateur league before you had long pants. Yes things have been difficult for a couple of years, mainly due to the multitude of immigrants that now call Kilburn home . These new Australians (Somalians, Iraquis, Indians etc) are not Australian rules orientated (yet). This causes Kilburn huge problems getting juniors for our junior teams.
As for payments, pretty much every player who came back to Kilburn is there for the right reasons and have re signed for next year. Yes all of them .
The Amateur league has been hurt badly the last few years with ridiculous $$$ being offered to local talent. Lets hope this stops soon and blokes get back to playing with their mates for enjoyment more so than $$$.

"Pretty much" or "all of them"?

And I personally have a hard time reconciling criticism of "ridiculous $$$" with condoning of paying people at all (in our current, salary cap free era).

If the method of competition and survival comes through spending any $$$ and only when you lose the $$$ race does it become "ridiculous" it's a bit hard to stomach.

I know Kilburn is in a tough spot regarding juniors etc. but every time I see Phil in the paper blaming Kilburn's woes on country clubs spending ridiculous money I cringed.

Sorry wrong phrase. All BUT 1 KILBURN A GRADE PLAYERS RESIGNED other 1 retiring. Strong enough for you Rob?
I assume you meant Re-signed? ;)
by S Demon
Mon Aug 31, 2015 1:42 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: CH9AFL Division 6 2016

How the hell do you do ankle ligaments on a slip n slide????? Lol

Which looked awesome fun it must be said!
by carey
Sat Feb 20, 2016 9:44 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: CH9AFL DIvision 4 2016

CLG Red played a CLG white in an internal trial last night. In a close match CLG Red got over the line thanks to accurate goal kicking. CLG white said to be missing 5 or 6 of their best players plus had 7 only play the first half. CLG red a very good outfit, would think they would at least finish top three.

:P :P :P
by BFG
Tue Mar 08, 2016 8:39 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: CH9AFL DIvision 4 2016

Footy Chick wrote:Sorry. Im getting info from everywhere at the minutre. My initial post was correct, they will have juniors. 6 teams

Is that you admitting you were wrong again? :lol:
by The Bedge
Fri Apr 01, 2016 1:04 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Zartan wrote:
cossi11 wrote:Well a decent in come round 2 then

You'd think.. but he's off to NZ for Australian netball duties haha!!

Creedy will suit up Rd 7

Back in time for the much anticipated showdown with Robb ;)
by Q.
Fri Apr 01, 2016 12:39 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

guess when we play you guys ill ask some players what they get paid out at ingle farm and do my research :)

im sure all players will say they play for free cause they love the club :)

lol...ask away. It seems to be a burning issue for you and must keep you tossing and turning at night or is it just tossing? Good luck tomorrow! :D

only tossing i do is on sunday when i see my name in the paper :) ......no luck needed tomorrow just hard work from all the team :)

They have court listings on a Sunday now?
by carey
Fri Apr 15, 2016 2:13 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Q. wrote:Can confirm that I'm the only one not scared by our President

Can confirm that League HQ are scared of the President
by Jimmy_041
Wed May 11, 2016 1:28 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

we all have the same code well most do
1.Don't Bang the lady who gave birth to me
2.Dont' Bang the girl who identifies as a sibling
3.Don't Bang the lady who I share a marriage with or the lady who i'm engaged in a loving relationship with
4.Dont' take my wallet without my permission, and if you do return it with more money than originally in it
Edited for morel correctness :D
by The Bedge
Wed May 11, 2016 2:11 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Road to Glory wrote:**** me there is some absolute crud on here what a waste of
Time that was!! I feel like I'm a lesbian feminist now and I Might as well be a vegan too and save the bloody anaimals

Don't forget to do cross fit as well.. and remind everyone every 5min :lol:
by The Bedge
Thu May 12, 2016 12:25 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Road to Glory wrote:**** me there is some absolute crud on here what a waste of
Time that was!! I feel like I'm a lesbian feminist now and I Might as well be a vegan too and save the bloody anaimals

by morell
Thu May 12, 2016 1:43 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: CH9AFL Divison 3 2016

sampled a couple of the selections on the Walkies BBQ yesterday and again wasn't disappointed, although the chili kransky did leave the lips a bit numb but did give a great excuse to wash it down with multiple cold beers, oh and even better was the tick, tack, toe result to finish it off with!

How good was the choice of both tomato and beetroot relish?

I had a couple of snags in bread there yesterday, and it really hit the spot.

Hardly think the avatar is appropriate in today's age FC. No seatbelt! :shock:

It's apt really; that's how the relish made me feel!

ZY6aUdF7Q6U
by Failed Creation
Mon Jun 27, 2016 11:36 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: CH9AFL Divison 3 2016

I don't like to criticise umpires, and this year I think they've been pretty good. However in over 250 games of senior footy I have never come across someone more precious than one we had yesterday.

Gave a 25m penalty for me going over the mark when I moved sideways. He said I told you not to move forward. I said I moved sideways. He said sideways is the same as forward.

In the last quarter I said very politely that I understood that because he was 15 he felt like he needed to assert himself, but it wasn't working. He said I'm 19 and paid 25m.

I hope for his sake he grows out of being a flog.
by The Big Shrek
Sun Jun 26, 2016 7:24 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

2 v 3

6 v 7 (if 5 lose to 9)

5 v 9

All deal breakers in one way or another. Good comp to be a part of
by Footy Chick
Mon Aug 01, 2016 11:10 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Zartan wrote:
Robb_Stark wrote:Fitroy player who tryed to land a punch on me

Carn bra.. can you blame them? :lol:

It was probably a Houghton player.
by Lightning McQueen
Mon Aug 08, 2016 12:23 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Zartan your not listening-

Brahma by 48 points (Aliosi 6 Brooks 5 Dene Steel best on)
West Croydon by 23points (Will not table all their card and take the foot off late)
by carey
Mon Aug 15, 2016 12:33 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ch9AFL Division 5 - 2017

Robb_Stark wrote:Glenunga get 3 reserve players doubt they will see out the season once they realise the quality from team mates is below par and they have to kick and chase there own football they be out the door quick smart
Play one at fullback, one in the middle and one at full forward.

Bobs your uncle.
by morell
Wed Jan 18, 2017 4:46 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ch9AFL Division 6 - 2017

In happier days
by Milly
Fri Feb 03, 2017 1:01 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 5 - 2017

Robb_Stark wrote:Lockleys win over Houghton

Ingle Farm win against Rosewater

other then the people posting thanks the rest of us wanted to know who won

Hectorville over Hope Valley by about 4 goals
by S Demon
Mon Mar 20, 2017 10:03 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Have to say that I witnessed a pretty entertaining game of Senior footy at Edwin Smith today.
Those that know all (or nothing) had Greenies closing the door a few weeks ago and yet Greenies managed to be matching the (arguably) flag favourites for a good portion of the game.
Champ, you lost by 8 goals in the A grade and 25 goals in the B grade.. if that's entertaining "matching it" then you got low standards at Greenacres.

No depth in your magoos.. when Simon Arnold, Brenton Starke and Rowan McArthur are amongst the best in the 2nd's.. you know you're stuffed!

I'm scared for what the likes of BOS and Lockleys will do to you.. How you gonna go when the Clark brothers are away next week?
by The Bedge
Sun Apr 02, 2017 10:40 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 6 - 2017

Robb_Stark wrote:Ingle Farm and mawson lakes wont win

:lol: :lol:
by Inallseriousness
Sun Apr 02, 2017 10:45 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: What did we learn from round 1

Robb_Stark wrote:we learnt that Robb Stark has a little bit of fire in the belly

Dont eat curry on Friday nights then :lol:
by Footy Chick
Mon Apr 03, 2017 2:19 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

No matter how cloudy, always sunscreen round 1
by the milky bar kid
Mon Apr 03, 2017 2:25 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Robb_Stark wrote:we learnt that Robb Stark has a little bit of fire in the belly

and is a shit tipster 8)
by Executive Member
Mon Apr 03, 2017 3:16 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I guess more broadly, after our junior president came and spoke to us asking for senior players to rock up on a Sunday morning and maybe get to training at 5pm to assist with training...

I jokingly said "jeez, why don't we just move in?"

And I guess that's my point.

Far out man - Tuesday training, Thursday training, Saturday be there an hour before the game, play your guts out, stay back with opposition, get your club rooms for presos, help out the sponsors, Sunday recovery sessions ...

Football is enough of a commitment and all consuming hobby, I think we can begin thinking about cutting players some slack for perhaps wanting to get home after an away game instead of socialising with the opposition.

Time have changed people, we're more time poor than ever. I play social basketball, it takes up an hour a week. Football? Would be 20+

What about when you play what you thought was a blinder, rush back to the club in anticipation of getting a decent award and then you don't even get a mention but the full back who had 7 kicked on him does, yeah sure he had 19 kicks, the opposition did kick 17 behinds though.
by Lightning McQueen
Mon Apr 03, 2017 3:44 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Hahaha we've got some players that only come back to the club for presos if they see their name on sporting pulse quick enough.
by morell
Mon Apr 03, 2017 3:46 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

morell wrote:Hahaha we've got some players that only come back to the club for presos if they see their name on sporting pulse quick enough.

Do they beeline the coach as soon as they get there to make sure he see's them?
by Lightning McQueen
Mon Apr 03, 2017 3:48 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |