Search found 8 matches

Return

Re: SAAFL Division 4 2014

Golden Grove and Plympton both the best two teams this past season by a street, So based on that you'd be right, but it's hard to gauge Reserves footy as clubs have always got players coming in and going out, which always reflects through the two's. Lots of past players flooding back to EPFC I'm hearing, as well as Mitcham, then there is the Hope Valley kids coming through, and Heccies who knocked us out of the finals, Woody south and Kenilworth are recruiting which may see previous a-grade players playing twos...

Like I said it's harder to tip the Two's At least the A-grade you can follow the rumors for a guide..
by The Rooster
Fri Nov 29, 2013 12:40 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I think you'll find that there will be a distinct lack of sympathy for Brahma Lodge this year from most clubs in Div 4.

Not saying that everyone doesn't understand the circumstances it just that some how I don't think you'll find too many Clubs that don't think they brought this on themselves and deserve a few Saturdays on the rough end.
by The Rooster
Mon Feb 10, 2014 3:46 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Everyone on here is entitled to an opinon..... I understand that, and sure, I can see how some of you would think we deserve what has happened, and may take satisfaction out it.

I have been at Brahma 10+ years now and we havent always been successful, yes the past 5 years have been pretty good but seasons before that I was part of teams that saw us get belted week in and out.

I unfortuantly didnt get the spoils of winning a premiership but have stuck around and will see this through. I can see myself that the culture or direction of the club needs to change, and I try and find the positives in it that I have an opportunity to help change this.

The club is bigger than 20+ individuals.. We thought that success would help build culture, we were wrong.

Alot of you forget that Brahma doesnt have the junior program that many of your clubs have, and the majority of the clubs near us all have strong junior programs. The club has no choice but to entice players, and hence why we need to spend money, I would like to see where your club would be without its strong junior program.

In saying that, I feel we need to invest more time and money into our junior program, and I'm sure this will be a focus of the committee moving ahead.

Good luck to you all this season...

Yes unfortunately without Kids coming through and progressing through to seniors it's always going to be tough, Even with juniors it's hard as some of the higher graded clubs are recruiting kids into their junior program as investments into the future.

It sounds like you still have some quality people around the place, which is a bonus, However with Clubs in Div 7 and Div 6 paying for players it's hard for any club these days.
by The Rooster
Tue Feb 11, 2014 10:29 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Clubs in strife

I can tell you one thing that has changed in recent times is that Junior teams (and i can only speak of the NEMJFA) are actively recruiting other kids they have identified by luring parents over with the promise of their kid/s playing at a club that has produced other talent in the past. It is a dynamite idea. If you have a genuine gun junior player, who stands out as he plays for a team that is battling, Suddenly his folks get the phone call to move to this other club, he does and goes from strength to strength, then spends some time at SANFL clubs and if he doesn't make it, comes back a very handy player with lots of mates who he now has from the new club, whereas the old club is still battling.

The big clubs get bigger and the teams without juniors will find it tough to field sides in any grade.

Also another alarming trend is that some players think if they don't get an A-Grade game they will go to a lower division Team!! Fair enough if they are being recruited that is one thing, but players who are are battling to get a regular spot need to work harder not squib off to other clubs where it might be easier to get a kick!! Money is one thing, but the lack of genuine loyalty from players who are not yet consistent A-Grade quality is a concern.
by The Rooster
Wed Mar 26, 2014 9:51 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I Hope you have serious proof of this allegation about the drunk supporters and 14 year old girl, please PM the details so that it can be dealt with. If this is true this should have been brought to someones attention before now.
Two weeks ago there was an incident at the C4 game between Pooraka and Rosewater and the Coach was sent off after disputing a decision, one of the two umpires is his best friend so that had nothing to do with the game being abandoned, the two umpires made the decision after several unsavoury incidents they felt that was the best course of action. Personally, I think the Tribunal has more power now than it ever has and could have reported the offenders and moved on, but it was the last game of the season proper and of little consequence to the ladder.
This was never under wraps and if you told people not to mention it that's your business, you must have heard it from somewhere.
Disgraceful is a pretty appropriate word to describe the apathetic approach to controlling this unruly spectator who quite clearly wanted trouble, I myself, after being disgusted by his racist remarks, yelled to the HV bench that they "control their spectators" and upon noticing quite a few young kids next to me suggested that he considers that there are children around. Disgraceful, might not be what the Lady in the canteen said, but she was of the same opinion.
by The Rooster
Wed Aug 27, 2014 5:31 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ch9 AFL Division 4 - 2015

Thought it would be worth mentioning Kenilworth Football Club legend Michael Gilmour will tomorrow be the first man in the clubs 109 year history to play 300 games of senior football. Mick will be completing this is the C grade which starts early at 10.15 and kicks off a big day of triple headers at St.Marys Park.

Mick's Kenilworth playing achievements just to name a few include being a dual premiership player, team of the century member,SAAFL A2 and A6 medallist, SAAFL representative, League leading goal kicker, numerous time best and fairest and one of the hardest and best footballers I have seen play in any suburban competitions in his prime.

I heard last night that he has played at least 560 senior games of footy and in my opinion has always represented the Kenilworth Footy Club very well and created a good image for our proud club.

Thanks mate.

Played in a SAAFL rep side in 97 and after whilst getting out of my training gear after a gruelling session, A certain Mick Gilmour lept out of the showers showing everyone "the Helicopter". Its one way to get to know your team mates I suppose. Well Done to him!
by The Rooster
Sun Apr 12, 2015 10:17 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Reading the comments above from J.Kernahan it would appear that the umpire was collected by accident, Surely this would be a massive deal if there was any suspision that it was deliberate.
He got Twelve games (10 with two pending) which if you go by last years tribunal sentences, means they are Penalising him purely because he made contact with an umpire, which we are not supposed to do.
by The Rooster
Thu Apr 16, 2015 9:14 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Some teams appear to be struggling at this stage, but sometimes clubs have the ability to draw players out, especially in the second half of the season. Shall we call it the "transadelaide/glandore effect" Eastern Park were completley different the second time around last year, this has been known to happen in the magoos.
by The Rooster
Mon May 11, 2015 10:18 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |