Search found 3 matches

Return

Re: Southern Football League

F***ing hell I'd like to wring the neck of whoever put that bloody article in the Advertiser. Last thing the club needs. Didn't help Callington and won't help us.

Well much as I hate seeing this sort of publicity for thde SFL, I actually think it's a good thing for the SFL to see what a laughing stock it has the potential to be permanently if these sort of results continue. Hard to continue to bury your head in the sand when the whole of Adelaide is laughing at your league. No amount of changing age groups will address these issues.

Also heard them on 5AA this morning taking the piss out of the result. Not a good look.

It's not the league at fault, though. It's the club. Bad decisions, bad recruitment, minimal local presence and community involvement.

Ahhhhh - no more complaints. It's easy enough to write down what's wrong and what can be done to fix things, but putting ideas into practice is going to be a long, hard slog. I know a lot of Aldinga and ex-Aldinga people read this forum, so this is for you - please get behind our club. Volunteers are always needed, particularly after the first few weeks when the eager numbers begin to drop off. Players, too - the B grade needs numbers. The A grade needs numbers, if it comes to that, but no more bloody mercenaries please. Just people who are willing to turn up to training and put in some effort on a regular basis.

Hi Fisho, happy to come and support the club but I'm tired of being part of the SFL DIV 1 to be honest, just my own opinion. I was part of the team that didn't win an A grade game for 3 years from 2003 - 2005 and was lucky enough to be part of the first win with your other half when Shane first took over as coach in 2006, was a huge relief winning an A grade game after 3 years of being pumped each week, sometimes playing both grades, Shane Lynch and Russell Hart as well as all the other Blackwood/Henley recruits helped get the club out of a rut. For me to see the same thing happen again is disappointing and I feel for the guys but this path is well worn. We have had crisis meetings over the last 12 years with votes on going to Hills country league being defeated and people with Grand plans on being a Div 1 SFL club. I have no problem with this as long as the people passionate about being in Div 1 SFL stay to help make it happen which sadly the past has shown they don't. I'm sure if the right people come along it can be done and I hope the club does move forward again but this season looks like being a long one and hopefully the young blokes can stick together for next year. Also looking at the reserves scores on the weekend doesn't look good for the league with 4 teams scoring 1 goal or less the entire game.
by Backliner
Thu Apr 10, 2014 9:26 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Aldinga Sharks Forum

There are plenty of positives at Aldinga, the main focus is and always will be the A grade to most people. Other positives are the improvements to the place off field such as the dining area, doing more meals than ever, engaging the community on a level I haven't seen through sponsors, general supporters, players parents and even the Aldinga Community Forum on Facebook - encouraging members to attend and support the club, spruiking it's social side which is becoming a winner. Over 300 numbers in the barrel for weekly Thursday members draws. Newly formed Soccer club using the facilities when no Aussie rules football happening - training Fri, play Sun etc . It isn't like Callington or Milang where people turn up 3 times a week for football, it's a year round club and probably has an improved relationship with the cricket club more than has been in years. All the ducks are lining up in a row in other areas just the main and highlighted A grade woes (B grade also). The potential is there (been saying for years) but Aldinga will be around for a long time to come. The current situation the club is in I would say is better than last time in early to mid 2000's.
I think you'll find an emphasis 2 years ago was to try to engage more of the community and build on the off field potential which will hopefully transfer onto the field. Remember there will only be 1 premier listed in the history books for 2014, patience and hopefully good things will come and hopefully the people involved hang in there and get some more support to make it happen. My 2 cents
by Backliner
Thu Apr 24, 2014 8:51 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Southern Football League

Have heard Happy Valley calling for 2 divisions so they can rebuild
by Backliner
Sat Aug 13, 2016 9:09 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |