Search found 33 matches

Return

Re: SAAFL Division 7 2014

Flinders Uni have lost 18 from the A grade and 17 from the B grade finals sides from last year, plus some extras on top of that. Most of the Uni Hall lads (majority of them were A graders) are gone for one reason or another which was the big difference last year. Fact is 3 weeks ago we were barely going to fill one side and the majority of the guys we still have are from the C4 side we had from last year. If you want to talk record margins it would have been us staying in D7.

As it was put to us last night IF it goes through all the Uni players will be transferred to MP and auto-transferred back on the 1st of Feb next year. It wont be 2 separate sides as we will be able to move up and down were we can. The D6R side will likely play in the Flinders strip but both sides will be at the same ground each week. Everything else still being worked out. We've been invited to play in the MP trial this week so we'll see from there what happens.
by someguy1
Wed Mar 26, 2014 7:44 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ch9 AFL Division 7 - 2015

morell wrote: Hows the skipper?

Still hobbling around. 6-8 is the word.
by someguy1
Wed Apr 22, 2015 9:30 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Player records

Scarily enough looks like this might still be online back to 2004 if someone knows how to re-up the subscription. http://www.metisc.com.au/iscoresn/index.cfm?db=34.
by someguy1
Mon May 04, 2015 10:26 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2016 C9AFL Div 7

All good found it

http://www.adelaidefootball.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2015/03/Rules-Regs-2016-2.pdf

Member Clubs participating in stand-alone C Divisions, Division 7 Reserves and Under 18’s may
field up to twenty five (25) players (maximum seven (7) interchange players) in any match of The
League.

Will you have the numbers to field 25 in 7R?

Could fill 40 just from the guys training consistently. Tonight is going to be interesting.
by someguy1
Thu Mar 31, 2016 1:11 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2016 C9AFL Div 7

All good found it

http://www.adelaidefootball.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2015/03/Rules-Regs-2016-2.pdf

Member Clubs participating in stand-alone C Divisions, Division 7 Reserves and Under 18’s may
field up to twenty five (25) players (maximum seven (7) interchange players) in any match of The
League.
by someguy1
Thu Mar 31, 2016 12:38 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Footy League D7 - 2017

Draw has been updated with SPOS and Flinders playing this week instead of both having a bye (crisis meeting looks like a formality at this point). Not sure how the league can do that mid season but probably better for the 2 teams to be playing than not. Lots of implications for the ladder if this continues for the rest of the year.

What implications would that be though? NP have won 4 matches and 2 of those were forfeits and the two matches they did win were against the Crabs and SPOS...

Probz looking at the uneven draw as some clubs will play the crabs 3 times and some only twice.

It wont be a simple case of whoever was playing either of them teams will play each other otherwise they may end up playing the crabs 4 times.

Yep that was my point. We would end up playing CU and SPOS three times, back to back weeks in both cases (and extra trips out there as well by the looks). CU probably won't affect the ladder but I bet Adelaide Uni wouldn't be happy about SPOS getting an extra game against us and the free win with the PAOC bye seeing they had that last game. Uni's extra games would be against TTG and Para Hills, not exactly fair.
by someguy1
Mon Jun 26, 2017 2:54 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Footy League D7 - 2017

I don't reckon there is a fool-proof one.

I don't have a fool proof solution either, was just putting it out there for discussion. At this point I think you need to leave it as 2 byes, too far into the year to do anything else about it. If the draw could be changed to shorten the season I think everyone would go for it but I doubt all the games would align to do it.
by someguy1
Mon Jun 26, 2017 4:25 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 7 - 2019

Round 17, 2017 so not the longest drought they've had
by someguy1
Sun Jun 30, 2019 12:16 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Daily Golf - Where you are playing and how you go

Ok so I have put my 3 cards in. Scores of 94, 104 and 102.
Looked up on golf link and they have my handicap at 18.9 :shock:
Was expecting high 20's, not sure how they work it that low, I havnt played to it once.
Oh well. You have only put 3 cards in..... they are using the 94 as the handicap score....

Will it change after I put in my 4th and so on or do I have to wait until 8 cards are put in. Ideally I would love to get to 18 ( shot a hole) I am not there yet.
As long as it doesn't look like a mistake as I am genuinely shocked it's that low!

If you really want to go down the rabbit hole of how its calculated check here, can get pretty complicated as its not just an average of your lowest scores.

https://www.golf.org.au/whs/

With your 94, assuming that is on a par 72 course a really basic calculation of your "played to" is 22 multiply that by 0.93 = 20.5 but depends on where you played and what tees (slope rating). The harder the course the higher the adjustment. Also takes your stableford score for the round not stroke so if you had a few double bogeys or worse it adjusts for that as well. Because you've only submitted 3 cards there is a -2 adjustment as well which gets you pretty close to the 18.9. You need 6 rounds before it averages your best 2 and goes up from there.

As an example I'm off 10.2 but have only broken 80 once in my 20 rounds, think only 2 of my 8 rounds are under the number.
by someguy1
Mon Jun 15, 2020 1:34 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Crows 2020

The #oracle nearly gets his wish

IN: Walker, Mackay, McHenry, Schoenberg, Fogarty, McAsey, Sholl, Doedee
OUT: Hartigan (managed), Stengle (managed), McAdam (managed), McPherson (managed), Knight, Gibbs, Atkins, Strachan
by someguy1
Tue Aug 04, 2020 7:20 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:
someguy1 wrote:Stupid game. 80 with 41 stableford Tuesday, yesterday 102. Black vs White tees and really windy yesterday but not 22 shots worth.
And you will do it all again next week[emoji3]

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Yes, yes I will
by someguy1
Sun Jan 31, 2021 9:23 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide 2021

Loved the Nicks press conference

Was real honest……extremely honest. Mentioned you he had talked to Tex and yeah he can give some support, but didn’t shy away from the fact his support is more importantly needed elsewhere.

Absolutely no down playing or sweeping under the rug either, didn’t try and protect tex under the education flag conceding Tex simply should have known better.

Also didn’t pretend things will be great admitting time will tell on what the player reaction/response will be.

To me the interview whilst only a small thing was another indicators we are moving forward as a country. 5-10 years ago I reckon the press conference plays out differently

It was scripted to a tee.
They are all.
The crows would have a full time communications manager telling them what and when to say things.

And they have had weeks to plan for it.

Absolutely it would have been but for mine Nicks was saying what he believed. Lots of conviction in his words IMO.

He's pretty open in every press conference I've seen of his, one of the many things I like about him.
by someguy1
Fri Aug 06, 2021 7:02 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

signed up for a deal on Future Golf
1st comp for them I can play is at Mt Osmond mid november.
certainly need to hit the range to find something resembling a swing that will keep the ball in play and not the blocks out to the right or the vanilla slices that were on display off tee at Sandy Creek :lol: :lol:

Was a member with them for a couple of years, recommended it to all my golfing mates. Good group of guys and the events run pretty well especially when they get shotgun starts. Best thing about it was getting an official GA handicap which lets you play in various comps including the open days at the big courses. The lesson you get with Zac at x-golf (is that still part of it?) is good too, Zac will give you some good tips in that half hour.

Have since moved on to join a club with a couple of the guys I met there. Thats the model, getting guys feeding into club members, and how they get the relationships with the partner courses. Went from playing once a month to playing at least once a week so it worked for me.
by someguy1
Wed Oct 13, 2021 8:14 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

signed up for a deal on Future Golf
1st comp for them I can play is at Mt Osmond mid november.
certainly need to hit the range to find something resembling a swing that will keep the ball in play and not the blocks out to the right or the vanilla slices that were on display off tee at Sandy Creek :lol: :lol:

Was a member with them for a couple of years, recommended it to all my golfing mates. Good group of guys and the events run pretty well especially when they get shotgun starts. Best thing about it was getting an official GA handicap which lets you play in various comps including the open days at the big courses. The lesson you get with Zac at x-golf (is that still part of it?) is good too, Zac will give you some good tips in that half hour.

Have since moved on to join a club with a couple of the guys I met there. Thats the model, getting guys feeding into club members, and how they get the relationships with the partner courses. Went from playing once a month to playing at least once a week so it worked for me.

i think the lesson is still in there at X Golf, at the moment need all the help i can get :lol:
i just joined up as not 100% sure on how regularly I could get out. so the bonus of a handicap plus the events they run around the place I thought i would give it a go.

what club did you join?

Glenelg hence playing as often as I can to make it worth it. Had never played any of the private courses until I join up with futures.

Joining up with 3 others cut the joining fee in half. Wouldn't even get a look in now, all the categories are full because of covid. As a guy I played with a few weeks back put it, all the old c**** would be overseas and have cash they need to spend on something.
by someguy1
Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:18 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Hopefully gonna have a crack at the Lady Bay Amateur Open.
$90 for 2 days.
November 6th/7th.

If anything like sandy creek gonna be interesting :lol:

Played the mid amateur last year (its on the weekend before), off the black tees on a windy weekend was a rough 2 rounds. 12th toughest hole on the course played into a gale both days, 425 mtrs uphill as it is played longer than all the par 5s.
by someguy1
Mon Oct 18, 2021 6:05 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Hopefully gonna have a crack at the Lady Bay Amateur Open.
$90 for 2 days.
November 6th/7th.

If anything like sandy creek gonna be interesting [emoji38]

Played the mid amateur last year (its on the weekend before), off the black tees on a windy weekend was a rough 2 rounds. 12th toughest hole on the course played into a gale both days, 425 mtrs uphill as it is played longer than all the par 5s.

Last comp we played there a few months ago, we played off the blacks accidentally.
Realised it by the 17th[emoji1787][emoji1787].

Are you having a crack at the mid amateur this year?

Sent from my SM-G781B using Tapatalk

I would have but club champs are the same weekend
by someguy1
Mon Oct 18, 2021 7:03 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Coronavirus (Covid19)

That will be one of many reasons he goes. I think it will be the main reason. People have simply had enough of it Not sure Masks will be the issue that will cost them.

Could be the massive over the top way SA health handle everything, the dodgy crap going on with some of his MPs and the fact they have imploded.

He looked to attend to the health system but only made some changes to reverse Labor decisions that seemed to be popular and had good optics. The addition of the "screen" as part of the landscaping at the RAH to hide the ambulance bay is a disgrace.

He promot to open up resivors but ignored the issues and tried to to it anyway and ended up in a debacle at Hope Valley where 1/4 of it is opened as they provided no funding to attend to the rest of the place.

Just half assing thing for the optics.

Basketball stadium, Christ read the room. You give the average voter to much credit. Most of them aren’t aware/couldn’t care about other issues but the mask rules and the hit on hospitality is front and centre for many

Killing the 500 before everything went to hell was strike one for a lot of people (Geez that feels like a long time ago)

Since, pizza guy lockdown for a whole 2 cases, not opening up 100% before the borders opened and now quarantine rules different to the rest of the country. Even today they had the chance to fix that but no, close contacts still 14 days. Marshall might not be making those calls but if he goes those will be the reasons for me.
by someguy1
Thu Mar 10, 2022 6:14 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Hole in one at the bay today. Who cares how the rest of the round went :D :D :D :D :D
by someguy1
Thu Oct 20, 2022 5:59 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

11th, 7 iron, straight shot faded slightly on the wind, 1 hop straight in. Made better with a couple of crows players seeing it from the 12th tee box and shouting me afterwards. That story will be the whole side cheering it in when I tell the grandkids.
by someguy1
Fri Oct 21, 2022 7:38 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Royal Adelaide open day yesterday. Course great as always, rough was brutal punishing anything offline. Tough day in the heat then wind (+1 on the handicap rating) when the change finally came through late. 20 points with a scrub on the front (3rd gets me every time) then fell apart on the last 4 holes for 33. Not a fan of 5 hour stableford rounds though.
by someguy1
Mon Dec 05, 2022 7:20 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Royal Adelaide open day yesterday. Course great as always, rough was brutal punishing anything offline. Tough day in the heat then wind (+1 on the handicap rating) when the change finally came through late. 20 points with a scrub on the front (3rd gets me every time) then fell apart on the last 4 holes for 33. Not a fan of 5 hour stableford rounds though.
I've played on this open day before. Hot, long day. Privilege to play there but hell, not sure I'd be rushing back :lol:

I've played it the last 3 years, was never this slow. We teed off at 12:15, guys who teed off at 7 were just finishing as we started so it was like that all day. Only takes one slow group to screw everyone over.
by someguy1
Mon Dec 05, 2022 8:37 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I'll never understand this game. Saturday playing par -7 (that's bad if you don't play par), 4 balls in the drink. Today 44 points, 2 over off the stick, best ever round. Love it and hate it at the same time.
by someguy1
Thu Jan 19, 2023 6:16 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Golf in general

Was in there for the hole in one, atmosphere was amazing.

Whole setup of the event was brilliant, course looked incredible and shows SA can put on events when we want to.

Only way LIV survives is if they go to high level golf starved countries like aus, Japan, south Korea to get that atmosphere. Playing in the US in front of 20 people won't get them anywhere.
by someguy1
Sun Apr 23, 2023 6:41 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:In between the bunkers by the 18th looking back.Image

Yeah I was in there somewhere too. :)
by someguy1
Sun Apr 23, 2023 7:50 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Its a lot fairer than stableford for lower handicappers as you don't have high handicappers getting 4s and 5s on holes and coming in with mid 40s. But if your just playing for yourself its 100% a mindset thing. I only get 1 shot in the first 6 holes at the bay so its very easy to be +3, +4 with what feels like a reasonable start. Couple down in stableford feels easier to make up than in par. I've started turning off the mid round scoring in the app and just play each hole on merit and playing a lot better for it.
by someguy1
Thu Jun 29, 2023 9:30 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Liv 19-21 Jan or aus day weekend according to 7 news.
by someguy1
Sat Aug 26, 2023 2:49 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Golf equipment: sticks, balls etc. what do you use and w

Par this morning.

Finished -3

Drove the ball the best i have for a long time, i slowly feel like my game is coming back. here's hoping.

Ambrose day at Glenelg next Friday, keen as. Might have a golf day at Glenelg in September....

If you need a fill in, I know a bloke.

Just saying ;)

So what is the Governors cup (looking at the tee sheet)? Have fun. Isn't in the best nick right now with the redevelopment but its still in the tier 1 clubs for a reason. Third's out and the 4th is playing as a really short par 4. The day has the 3rd out, 20th in. I have no idea what hole that is, it might be the chipping green they used for the Blitz events. The old half way hut rebuild starts that week too so it'll be chaos.
by someguy1
Tue Aug 29, 2023 5:17 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Just out of curiosity, when I played Stroke monthly medal at Vines they told me once you are 3 over your handicap you just pick up. Help keeps the game moving.
I've noticed when I played at flaggy sometimes the real score and adjusted gross are different, all the blow-outs are adjusted back to a 3 over
So golflink reverts everything back to stableford.

Has anyone else experienced this or knew about the change??

Just seems strange, almost making stroke obsolete.

That would be a local rule (3 over pick up). Don't mind it especially for the lower grades, might stop the 5 hour medal rounds if we did it.

All handicapping is done via stableford or Par scoring, its part of the world rules, point 5. https://www.golf.org.au/whs/
by someguy1
Tue Sep 12, 2023 1:06 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Sunday Glenelg 36 Hole "Jimmy Mac" cup, stroke off the blacks. One of about 4 days a year we use the real black tees so that was fun. Only just recovered, one of the toughest days I've had on the course. Worst I've played in ages which made it longer. Our blacks aren't that much longer than normal but makes a massive difference having different landing zones (when you do find a fairway) and playing 5 irons into greens instead of 7s. Pins were brutal, hadn't seen a few of them before. 92 with a 9 and a 90, got my moneys worth at least.

Hadn't really noticed recently but agree with MT, greens were really slow. Fairways finally starting to come back after a few weeks of sun which is good.

Apart from club champs what other comps like this do other clubs have?
by someguy1
Tue Sep 26, 2023 8:33 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Royal Adelaide open day Sunday. Always enjoy getting to play there

Lot better day than last years 5+ hour round. Field wasn't as full as normal, $135 will do that. Got around in about 4.5. Seeing a 5 on the daily h/cap (GA is 6) was a shock but with the 10th hole out and short tee boxes on 11 and 13 it made sense. Weather was great. One day I'll put a round together there. 11 point front with 3 scrubs in 4 holes, came back in with a 22 for 33, stupid game.
by someguy1
Mon Dec 04, 2023 8:00 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Dont know if they ever worked, I tried straight after getting the e-mail and they weren't available. Maybe its the early release limiting them, might open up tomorrow?
by someguy1
Tue Dec 05, 2023 4:15 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:Will we see Rahmbo at Grange?

Will be a LOT of commentators with egg on their face if not. If he gets his own team as rumored interesting to see who comes over with him.
by someguy1
Thu Dec 07, 2023 2:16 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Did see a low single digit player hit his 7th off the 1st :shock:
1st wasn't found
Next 2 on the houses

haha, so if you dont find your 1st you need to go back to the 1st?
You can take stroke and distance 2 shot penalty.
Not sure why he hit 7 off the tee, was only stableford anyway.

Be careful that's a local rule only, depends on the course and comp.
by someguy1
Mon Jan 15, 2024 11:51 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |