Search found 14 matches

Return

Re: SAAFL Division 1 2014

Would love to see the video footage because from where I was sitting I didn't see callum punch anyone he defiantly was wrestling and throwing players around (that's when umpire may have been touched) and I'm positive I seen some rostrevor players involved in said melee, no charges for them though? Hmmm.
by footys the winner
Fri Oct 18, 2013 5:39 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Rhys Clinton has committed to SNFC for the 2014 season. Massive signing. Pun intended.
by footys the winner
Wed Nov 06, 2013 2:39 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

retired60 wrote:One wonders how a certain ROC's player got a broken jaw. Surely from more than just someone engaging in a melee!

Must of been in general play. Non of the rocs players were involved in the melee.
by footys the winner
Tue Nov 12, 2013 6:02 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Plains Football League

Official ins/outs for the clubs? There hasn't been much discussion on here regarding actual movements, only speculations.
Faulkner and taylor to kadina

Jamie solly, Bradley hood. Ricki thomas and steven drainer to united. The last 2 are b graders at best. Would hope united wouldn't be paying tgese 2 to much. If anything at all

With Taylor moving to kadina how many clubs has he played at.
He got a few under his belt. Give his all at each club though. My understanding was he wanted to stay at hamley but after the club losing about 6 players prior to his decision and not really recruiting any.he didnt want a season like the first one out there. I heard he done the right thing my notifying neutron etc and explaining his situation. U only get 1 crack at ya footy career so y not experience a few clubs , meet new new people play different standards etc. Nothing wrong with some variety in life I would say.

Ever thought about playing div 1 saafl?
by footys the winner
Sun Nov 17, 2013 10:20 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Any truth to the rumour of Scott Galbraith to Virginia for $700 and him being their boom recruit?
And Ricky Thomas to Longies for $550?

Both dramatically overpaid IMHO.

Scott Galbraith played at kilburn the last 3 seasons and averaged about 5 kicks in each season.
Ricky Thomas played at Salisbury North and has been living in the shadow of his younger and better brother Daniel Thomas.
Are they overpaid? I'm saying yes, but time will tell.

A bloke from div 3 getting $700? Would wanna be a key position.
by footys the winner
Wed Oct 30, 2013 12:31 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ralph's Run for Redemption

Great cause. Will take some doing. Ill def donate.
by footys the winner
Sat Dec 28, 2013 8:43 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Salisbury north show they will be very hard to beat again this year. Beating Henley at Henley for the first time in 8 years

How good are Henley?

I think Henley will be around the mark. It wasn't until the last quarter that the game was won, but Salisbury North didn't really break the game wide open at any stage.

I'm fairly sure Henley had James Stewart go down with a hamstring injury, Ned Heath get red carded (for not a lot I'm told), and Tim Broadbent with a rolled ankle all before 3/4 time I believe. Having that many players out of action in D1 makes a big difference, and so I'm not surprised Salisbury North were able to run away with it in the last. Good win for them nonetheless though. Hard to beat Henley at home.

It was very clumsy by Heath. Jumping into someone knees first. But defiantly didn't warrant a red card. Stewart absoloutly dominated the first 3 quarters. But like you said a couple of rotations down in div 1 will hurt a lot with how fit teams are these days.
by footys the winner
Mon Apr 07, 2014 9:09 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Clements play much wing? Lachy hasn't.

Really interesting how the wings are picked, out and out wingmen or mids who can play the role

If you pick from genuine wingman there would be no one as good as brad hardie in that position!

Travis Beard smashed him twice this year. Ricky Thomas a genuine wingman too. Dylan wise played a fair bit on the wing before going half back 2nd half
Of the year.
by footys the winner
Sat Sep 06, 2014 11:51 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

From what I know of holm he will give everything. Very powerful runner, very fit. Let's see if he comes out next year as fit as he has been the last 3-4 years.
by footys the winner
Mon Dec 01, 2014 9:38 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: CH9AFL Division 1 2016

carey wrote:
footys the winner wrote:
bandar wrote:Nothing to do with me or my club just asking a question.

We can sit here and ask hyperthetical questions all day if you'd like?

Ok then, So if my uncle didn't have balls would he really be my Aunty?

Not sure, but would a div1R team beat a div 4 team?
by footys the winner
Sun May 08, 2016 11:34 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I'll tell you why, Rocs haven't had 13 reports in the last couple of years for a total of 49 matches.

Even though most of the players might have moved on, there is still clearly a problem, which SN are doing their darndest best to squash but spuds keep spoiling it for them.

Players (and not just from SN) might be a bit more careful if they got the fine and not the club.

Hey, there's an idea ;)

How many in the A grade? well one A grade player was about 12 by himself IIRC. Doesnt matter, i reckon the league have been weak as pi55 for letting them get away with it for as long as they have.

I'm talking about after the grand final. I forgot SN had a melee with themselves.
by footys the winner
Fri May 20, 2016 8:17 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

SAAFL is going backwards, really fast! Making rules for certain players/teams? If true that is the biggest joke I've ever heard in football. We (SAAFL) are run by the AFL in a roundabout way are we not? We have certain rules and regs, laws and bi-laws? How can this even be remotely true? So all of a sudden certain players or teams aren't going to have their heads protected because a few teams aren't happy that their players tackle recklessly or that a team lost a game because of a head high tackle? Wow.

While we are making rules up, Cockshell is really stong and a great ruckman, we can't beat him in the ruck. I want a rule where he isn't allowed to be real physical in the ruck contest because he might hurt someone.

Solly is probably the best 1 on 1 forward in the comp. Can we please have a rule that doesn't allow a third man in any of his contests?
by footys the winner
Wed Jul 20, 2016 9:23 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

B-Train35 wrote:Young Dion Lawlor played a great game for the Hawks,looks to have a bright future in the game.

Up there with the best runners in div 1 and he is only 17. Serious talent.
by footys the winner
Sat Sep 17, 2016 11:43 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |