Search found 27 matches

Return

Re: SAAFL Division 1 2014

I sat behind him for the 2nd and 4th and he didn't seem that dirty to me. The video may tell a different tale. His prime objective was footy from my view point. He looks like a monster but in my opinion didn't behave like one. If thats the precedent set for the type of game that gets you deregistered we are going to see many players careers end in 2014.
by wristwatcher
Sat Oct 19, 2013 8:16 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Plains Football League

Oh shit, read that wrong westy.
You mean how much in div 1?
I would say around 600$ would be the average for a gun (ex league ect) with the odd gun getting up around 800. That's just a guess.
Shane tuck signed at goodwood saint interested to know how Much he is getting.

that's a good pick up.
Shane Jordan is a gun.
Would div 1 player train 3 times a week?

Probably train twice then a Sunday or Monday recovery (not every week).

That probably explains why the standard in Div 1 has dropped away so much recently. Why would any gun player, not interested in training with a league club, want to train 3-4 times per week to play amateur footy, when they can train once a week, play at country clubs which usually have a much better culture, where the standard is as good if not better in some leagues , and most likley earn more for thier services.

SD did your brain just fart? You tell me which country league would boast as good a standard team as Div 1 Amateurs? I know its the age old argument about what standard country is equivalent to and the argument will go on for ever. I reckon you would struggle to find a side in a country comp that would be very competitive in Div 1. Agree there are players in teams that are well and truly good enough but the depth of most country sides doesn't go beyond their top 10 being good enough. that's not enough to be competitive. Agree on the culture and the money but not the standard. You will find from year to year the standard of Div 1 goes up and down depending on the number of discarded sanfl players who choose to play in SAAFL. Some years it can be really strong but the lure of the $$ has become more prevalent. And 3 to 4 times a week..? Train twice and recovery(injury prevention) one other night.
by WingerFC
Wed Nov 20, 2013 12:13 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Rumours and Player Movement Discussions for 2014

Big Phil wrote:
RB wrote:
Big Phil wrote:Obst is a risk, both physically and mentally

But he's OK socially, yeah?

Socially has been one of the issues, as well...

So he's a risk physically, mentally, and socially...
by RB
Fri Nov 29, 2013 9:36 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Unlucky

Brad Hodge
by helicopterking
Tue Dec 17, 2013 4:32 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Ace of Spades wrote:
the joker wrote:How many goals do people think that Jamie Solly could kick next year

Who?
recruited from salisbury north with three others. Played a few league games before a broken leg. Will be a cut above
by the joker
Wed Dec 25, 2013 8:10 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Interestingly Virginia certainly offered Solly considerably more than United are paying. Not sure if that speaks more about Jamie or more about Virginia? Anyway, as a player, i like to think that im playing in a strong country footy league. The better the players that come to this league then the stronger we are i guess. While we are not at same standard as BL&G, we are not that far behind anymore.
Definately infront of YPFL, NEFL & NAFL. Just my opinion but i guess we should expect to be as we are closer to Adelaide?
by Woofa
Mon Jan 06, 2014 11:00 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: I need to know....

I need to know. What's the best lawn to have In my backyard? It's fairly small and we have a dog if that makes any difference?

Kikuyu . Tolerates wear and tear well as it has runners and thus self repairs. Can be invasive into garden beds.

Sir Walter buffalo is what I'm being told. Heard of it?
Sir Walter is good but no where near as tolerant to heavy traffic and dogs as Kikuyu

I've got sir Walter front and back.
2 dogs.
1 toddler.

Awesome lawn.
by Ron Burgundy
Thu Jan 23, 2014 9:40 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Roxby League

The way I have been taught is that you try and get the ball out to your better kickers and users. When people get continually burnt by team mates that don't even bother to train, you stop caring if your team stops caring.
by westy
Wed Jan 29, 2014 7:10 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ralph's Run for Redemption

He ******* did it. Unbelievable effort, that.
by Failed Creation
Sat Feb 22, 2014 2:16 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2014 DT/SC Discussion

I've just created an AFL Fantasy league, which nobody seems to want to join... :oops:

If you want to join a league for shits and giggles, search for 'Clean Snap Football Association' on the AFL Fantasy page.

Your league is a failed creation. Come and join the Hogg! We need more Divvy VI coaches and that will be a bit of a shit and giggle league as well.

regards,

REB
by Rik E Boy
Mon Mar 03, 2014 9:10 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

it's not if you're being a wanker...Just sayin ;)

:YMHUG:
by Footy Chick
Mon Mar 24, 2014 1:29 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 2 Discussion

Everything about Fantasy so far has been very ordinary - from the app to the website to trades and pricing etc
by Phantom Gossiper
Tue Mar 25, 2014 4:33 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

been there done that wrote:Whats Daniel Price like as a footballer? Played at Salisbury Nth last year not sure what grade. Playing this year at Tailem Bend where his dad is a Life Member.

Just a hard in and under sort of player loves to win his own footy. He will be suited to country footy
by swingman
Sat Apr 05, 2014 11:23 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

OnSong wrote:Round 2 update and we have a new leader/s

Can I propose that the weekly scorecard is accompanied by the following weeks fixtures OnSong? Yes I know I'm lazy......... :D
by Swamp Donkey
Wed Apr 23, 2014 1:24 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

downspine wrote:With all the hype around Gaza pre season
results suggest haven't lived up to expectations
New Coach..........How's he going
New Players............how they going
Returning players............how they going

Sorry mods

There going fantastic great guns
by carey
Sun Apr 27, 2014 5:15 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I think it wouldn't have been blown up so much if it was a local player and not a recruit.
by the joker
Tue May 06, 2014 5:02 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Yeah, second. I reckon two behind Heberle on 17.
So Solly has 15 goals for the year, average of three a game.
Season tally of 48 on the cards. Where does that sit as far as value is concerned?
I'm by no means criticising him here, just posing the question. It's hardly 'dominating the league' etc but it would be a pass mark?
by OnSong
Tue May 20, 2014 3:11 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

He can't say that anywhere else but he can here, on this forum?
Surely not.
by hotspur
Wed May 21, 2014 6:16 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Looking forward to the first A Grade night game this week. Nice advert in the Producer, although I'm not sure the Sherrin football is appropriate.
Makes me wonder also why they used a Sherrin ball on the landmark cup weekend.

Sherrins 100x better to kick!! Should bring them in our league permanently!!
by Snags
Thu Jun 19, 2014 6:08 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

So lets have a bye in all 4 grades of football (plus minis) and 9 grades of netball so that 5 players can play in a who cares weekend! :roll:

Or you could do what the Western zone do on this weekend play their u/17 carnival instead of June allowing the Landmark cup for the A graders to be expanded beyond just a couple of token games spread throughout the day.....

Would make more sense. At least somebody would be playing footy.

Also gets everyone in the same place for your SANFL zone reps to gather and identify talent.

June Landmark cup then plays more meaningful games to help select players for the Zone championships, then that same weekend the u/17's play their carnival so they get more game time as well. Footy is the winner out of all of this....
by heater31
Thu Jul 03, 2014 5:00 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I'll take the weekend off thanks.
by Swamp Donkey
Thu Jul 03, 2014 5:46 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Swamp Donkey wrote:
Who is Jamie Thomas?

Former Central District hard man defender. #59 for memory in the 80's, 150 odd games.

Has great coaching credentials through Salisbury North and Kilburn in the SAAFL.

His son is Paul Thomas.
by Lightning McQueen
Wed Oct 01, 2014 2:03 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Snags wrote:Also see balak have denied Lachy Michael a clearance to go with his brother?

Admin error. He's cleared.
by OnSong
Sun Mar 01, 2015 11:27 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ch9 AFL Division 1 - 2015

footys the winner wrote:Who's bright Idea was it to schedule an Adelaide uni home game the same day as a crows day game at Adelaide oval? Absolute balls up.

We've managed just fine with the scheduling conflict as an away side . You get given parking permits and arrange for car pooling.
by Q.
Tue May 12, 2015 10:06 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

jo172 wrote:
Footy Chick wrote:It's official.

8 points deducted from each team, 2 suspended...

Throws the relegation race wide open.

Surely their points count against relegation, just punish them to not make the finals, putting them to div 2 achieves nothing.
by Lightning McQueen
Wed Aug 05, 2015 3:24 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

37 goals as a small forward after missing a couple of games. Young B Hood has to be in it. Not one defender has beaten him this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Schoenmakers has 38 from 15 :p
Easy solution to that....put them both in.

F Melville (TTG) Commane (ROCS) Hood (SN)
HF Schoenmakers (TTG) Langford (PNU) Heath (Henley
by Senor Moto Gadili
Fri Aug 21, 2015 11:23 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: CH9AFL Division 1 2016

footys the winner wrote:
bandar wrote:Nothing to do with me or my club just asking a question.

We can sit here and ask hyperthetical questions all day if you'd like?

Ok then, So if my uncle didn't have balls would he really be my Aunty?
by carey
Sun May 08, 2016 11:28 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |