Search found 12 matches

Return

Re: SAAFL Division 2 2014

Heard a few people at GX including a short serial offender are in trouble again for abusing umpires last Saturday

In his defence, the umpire reported a GX player for allegedly using the word cheat without, I am told any profanities or obscenity included, and so the 'short serial offender' was trying highlight what may well be a trivial report and a waste of everyone's time on a Wednesday night.
You don't have to use profanities or obscenities to be offensive.
Touche! However I think its time some of these umpires toughened up just a bit
Call an umpire a cheat and you question his character, ethics and morals, call an umpire a stupid, dumb, blind maggot and he might just shrug his shoulders and move on (although I wouldn't recommend it....).
by Mr Beefy
Tue Aug 05, 2014 12:24 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The SMOSH WL player did come off the ground on the wrong side of the cone at the interchange gate during the 2nd quarter. Not in dispute…It appears the fat controller in his capacity of keeping time and player movements deemed this as a major breech in the regulations and the matter was referred on (exactly by whom in the GX camp is unclear and one can only speculate). I understand John Kernahan later confirmed that the umpires advised the Lion’s coach that the player was done for the day after it was brought to their attention.

On this occasion however it worked out okay. Karma has its way of sometimes telling individuals they don’t have to be ‘pricks’ every day of the week. That said many thanks were extended to the fat controller and any others involved for their due diligence in observing the rules which oddly may be construed as ironic given a particular “individuals” antics as previously alleged in this forum. The incident provided the visitors some very clear motivation and duly kicked 'arse' to leave Gepps on the bottom of the ladder upon leaving Duncan Fraser Reserve. Well done the Rams.
by Cohiba
Sun Aug 17, 2014 12:21 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Well done and congratulations to Fraser Marshall on being joint winner of the Div 2 Medal (equal with Angus Twopeny, Scotch). For a little guy he plays some tough footy.

Are the results from the whole division available anywhere?

Dont know. The top 3 for DIv 1 to 7 is in this week's Talking Amateurs Budget http://www.talkingamateurs.com.au/documents/Edition23-Division1to3.pdf
by Fricky
Thu Sep 18, 2014 3:35 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ch9 AFL Division 4 - 2015

retired60 wrote:Stories coming from HQ. Eastern Park player has been reported for striking an umpire. Anybody able to confirm or deny?

Did hear a word that there were two red cards to come out of the game, not sure from what team or what for though.
by Pag
Mon Apr 13, 2015 12:19 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ch9 AFL Division 1 - 2015

retired60 wrote:For what its worth....the two umpires that did the TTG/Payneham game have just been appointed to the G/F: go to http://www.saafl.asn.au

Well hopefully they let the game flow and do what good umpires do - go unnoticed.
by Q.
Mon Sep 21, 2015 3:59 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Drugs, umps and other ammo's news

I've gotta be honest, I've been surprised by the amount of coverage received by both Roewater and Elizabeth in this whole process.
It's been a bit OTT.
My understanding is that Channel 7 is heavily targeting the northern suburbs in regards to coverage, as Nine's ratings were higher there than Seven's - that might explain the coverage Elizabeth received.
As far as their negative focus on Rosies, I've noticed that Seven will often run stories about SAAFL footy when there's a negative. Could it have something to do with Nine being the sponsor of the league?

id say they measure the social media impact/clicks on these stories and base it on that, It gets traction so they lead with it. Also its an easy story on a Sunday when presumably they don;t have the number of reporters on the ground as they do during the week.

Media will only report something if it is news worthy, so simply don't give them content!
by Dutchy
Mon Jul 25, 2016 10:59 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Prison Release Umpires

Manslaughter can never be forgiven a home invasion where you are beat up and robbed at knife point can be forgiven you do not earn the right when you have taken so much from the community they have to work for the rest of there life to try and earn back trust im not like Shrek or half of you who seem more then happy to roll a blind eye with out knowing the extent of the 10 convicts Shrek has you believe they are petty crims they are actually nowhere near that at all

Sounds like you are well known to these individuals Robb_Stark? You ACTUALLY know what these people have done to society?

Loving your punctuation, by the way!

Thank goodness you are not in charge of any organisation or part of any community that makes decisions on matters like this.

You'd have them locked away for ever?
by ezydoesitbigfella
Tue Sep 06, 2016 1:40 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ch9AFL Division 1 - 2017

retired60 wrote:Anyone heard or able to confirm the rumour that Nathan VanBerlo might be 'Red' next year?

Part owner of their major sponsor and teaches at the school?
I'd suggest it's likely he'd play 6-8 games, then finals if they make it.
by Trader
Fri Dec 02, 2016 12:05 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 1 - 2017

So a penalty will come out of this, but the severity of that penalty is yet to be determined?
by The Bedge
Fri May 19, 2017 5:11 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 1 - 2018

retired60 wrote:No such thing as a reasonable ump.

Harsh!
by Lightning McQueen
Mon Jul 16, 2018 10:07 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

retired60 wrote:Symo, is that you?
I'm much better looking than that old bugger.
by stan
Thu Jul 19, 2018 8:05 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I think the current top 6 are safe. PAOC have a much healthier % and I expect them to beat Adelaide Uni this week and not be in contention for relegation. It will be very close between Henley, Uni and Athelstone. Raggies still have to play Modbury a second time, which means these 3 teams are only separated by %. It will come down to two games;

Round 15 Athelstone v Henley
Round 17 Uni v Henley

Would be a massive achievement if Athelstone managed to stay up.
by Senor Moto Gadili
Wed Jul 25, 2018 4:25 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |