Search found 204 matches

Return

Re: Things that you rate!

A legend handing in my house keys to the front office today after I dropped them at the front turnstiles going into work this morning

I didn't notice I didn't have them in my right hip pocket (where I always keep them) until about 1.30 this afternoon. Went to my lunch room to check my jacket pockets and bag but couldn't find them then started to retrace my steps across the site back to my work area. Had a look around there and asked a few guys in the area if they'd seen them but came up with nothing. Trying to find tools you misplaced is like trying to find a needle in a heystack let alone a set of keys. Continued to look around on the way out of work and a guy I know asked me what I was doing then after I told him he said there was an email sent out by admin about them having a set of keys that were handed in. Luckily they were mine. I'm so f**king relieved they were handed in as it was doing my head in stressing out about it for 2 hours.

Whoever it was that handed them in saved me alot of pain and suffering. Not sure who they were but I couldn't thank them enough! I know the feeling of relief that brings. Saturdays in winter are spent coaching & watching netball, about a month ago I was about to leave and couldn't find the car key! Emptied my back pack and team bag 3 times, checked all the different courts i was on during the day but still nothing. Last resort was asking at the match day office if any keys were handed in and luckily they were there..... had been for about 3-4 hours!

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
by mickey
Wed Sep 13, 2017 7:32 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: NFL Season 2017/18

I went 5..... you almost picked game score ;)

by mickey
Fri Sep 15, 2017 2:01 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: NFL Season 2017/18

Cowboys stinking it up in Denver

by mickey
Mon Sep 18, 2017 10:08 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Daily Golf - Where you are playing and how you go

Twilight golf starts again tonight.... i love daylight savings

by mickey
Wed Oct 04, 2017 2:41 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:
mickey wrote:Twilight golf starts again tonight.... i love daylight savings

Yep. I got the invitation to join in at Regency tonight but declined with work.

Good luck. Where are you playing?
Just at the home club.....West Lakes

by mickey
Wed Oct 04, 2017 3:24 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

heater31 wrote:
mighty_tiger_79 wrote:Full reports in the morning....
Mickey with a worm burner on the First ;)

found the middle of the fairway though... even if it was 80m off the tee...

2nd went OB and bounced down the road too.

Highlight of the night was our mates Hole in 1 on the 8th
by mickey
Wed Oct 04, 2017 10:07 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Should Australia Day date be changed?

bennymacca wrote:So Morell works for a council?

That makes a lot of sense :)
What's wrong with council workers!

by mickey
Thu Oct 05, 2017 2:35 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

How much fun is a stroke round!Image
by mickey
Sun Oct 08, 2017 8:03 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I feel there is a tale to tell on 13........ Well.....

1. Tee shot wasnt too bad, missed the fairway to the right and ended up just left edge of the rough of the next fairway.

2. Tried to chip/punch back through to my fairway, clipped a small branch and ended up behind the tree.

3. 2nd attempt to chip out was actually good, middle of the fairway, where the drive should have been.

4. 3 wood, decent contact and length, just finds the bunker in the fairway on the left.

5. Bunker shot that would have been great if it was a greenside 1, not 100 from the hole.

6. Little chip that was exactly what I wanted, low, landed where it was meant too etc etc, just rolled through the green to the bunker at the back.

7. Didn't get out of the bunker

8. Got out the bunker but ended up at the front of the green, pins up the back.

9. Putt up the green, leave it 6ft short.

10. putt it 6ft past the hole

11. Great putt, pace and line spot on. Ball does a lap of the hole and stays out.

12. Tap in for 7 over par for the hole
by mickey
Mon Oct 09, 2017 9:51 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that you are looking forward to

Summer netball season starting tonight, step up in grade coaching seniors tonight and 2 grades with the kids friday night.
by mickey
Tue Oct 17, 2017 9:27 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2017 Off-Season

Booney, you support neither Geelong, Hawthorn or Sydney, so are not entitled to speak of North ;) [emoji38]
Twist it any way you like, I’ve no issue with any poster asking/discussing/challenging my club. You can even whack them if they deserve it.
But start throwing ill informed, uneducated shit when you yourself follow a club that’s done SFA in 2 decades, expect it thrown back harder ;)

Done nothing under a real finals system full stop. Home final finishing seventh against a team that finished second, second chance after being 5th and losing their first final by plenty.

regards,

REB

[emoji38]
still salty about that 97 final REB? :D
Unfortunately they don't adjust GF wins based on finals systems, or unearned home ground advantages... https://youtu.be/MIQmS-hOLAM
by mickey
Mon Oct 23, 2017 1:19 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Horse Racing Tips & Discussion

Strangest thing I've seen in a while... surely its juiced up

https://www.facebook.com/SkyRacingAU/vi ... 717366052/
by mickey
Mon Oct 23, 2017 8:10 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: What Game Are You Playing Now?

woodublieve12 wrote:Anyone else going to be the new cod ww2 game when it comes out? Looks pretty good
I can't wait for this game to be released.
by mickey
Tue Oct 31, 2017 2:03 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: To trade or to draft, that is the question.

woodublieve12 wrote:
MW wrote:That's like trying to pick which fat chick you'd f..k first...
Both are no good, but one is in the record books for what will be an eternity [emoji38]

My dad gave me so,e great advice when I was growing up, “they all need loving”
Got to slay a few dragons before you get to the princess
by mickey
Wed Nov 29, 2017 12:16 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The Ashes 2017/2018

MW wrote:Triple M. Not sure what it is about her voice, but Isha sounds sexy AF
AgreedImage
by mickey
Wed Dec 06, 2017 2:23 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Anyone having a hit Christmas morning? No kids at home this year so going to take advantage of a hopefully very quiet course
by mickey
Fri Dec 22, 2017 8:59 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Grade Cricket

Surely Pope would captain the Vatican XI.....
by mickey
Tue Jan 23, 2018 1:47 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I actually played very well today. I won 3 and 2. Regency is in very good nick it must be said. Not sure if @mickey is still involved out at Regency ?

I didn’t make golf Yesterday, the Woolshed got me Friday night. I simply couldnt be out in public yesterday Not based there at the moment, been moved back into the depot. But in saying that i was the poor bastard who started work at 5am this morning to cut the greens!

Mawsons looks pretty dry of you get off the fairway as i drive past. Its hard enough playing from the rough when its green grass
by mickey
Sun Jan 28, 2018 7:47 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Actually the top temp in Adelaide (Kent Town) today was 39.6° @ 2.09pm

And got to 40.1° at Parafield just after 1pm
by mickey
Sat Jan 27, 2018 9:47 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Songs that remind you of stuff.

Was the perfect song to listen to after the eldest was born. And when she wasn't settling down this would do it by the end of the 1st chorus. Still makes the eyes get glassy 14 years later if i hear it on the radio.
by mickey
Sun Jan 21, 2018 5:13 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

3 rounds in a week and the handicap is heading south fastImage
by mickey
Sat Feb 03, 2018 8:46 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that you rate!

I'm not usually 1 to pump my own tyres up but how good does the oval look... Best stripes in town!ImageImage
by mickey
Fri Feb 09, 2018 11:20 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Holden Scramble today at West Lakes, 31 groups in total. Played 2 groups to a hole and marked each others card, didnt feel like a slow day on the course but still took 5.5 hours to get around! We lipped out on about 4 birdie putts but still managed to go 9 under off the stick for a 54 net. Good enough for 1st by .5 a stroke and a trip to the regional finals
by mickey
Sun Feb 11, 2018 4:16 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 6 - 2018

Has the money tree dried up again?? :twisted: :twisted:
Yep spot on, I have left because they couldn't offer me anywhere near the huge dollars they were last season.. So off to Central united where the money tree has just started blossoming... :roll: Would have thought football should be off your radar, need to spend more time playing poker.... that's where the real money is
by mickey
Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:54 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Poker

Won free entry to the Matchroom $50 satellite tomorrow night for me and 2 mates.. :D
you heading in @cossi11 ? I'm not sure of the T&Cs, but have a feeling at least 1 of the others wont be able to get there and dont want to waste a ticket
by mickey
Sun Feb 18, 2018 9:42 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

This was before an Australia Day game at my place about 4 years ago. Would love to get more use out of what I haveImage
by mickey
Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:27 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

This was before an Australia Day game at my place about 4 years ago. Would love to get more use out of what I have
Some serious deep stacks going on there :D Buy in was $100. Boys wanted value for money lol. Have enough chips for a 20k start stack for 20 people, including colouring up at breaks.

Also have a cash game set that would easily suit a pretty big game. They were less keen for that though
by mickey
Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:36 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that you are looking forward to

JK wrote:2 weeks cruising the South Pacific from Sat, get the beers on ice!
Whats the mrs doing while you're 'busy'Image
by mickey
Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:33 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

38 points today, scrubbed the last 2 holes and missed a 1 foot putt a few holes earlier.

Handicap is coming down quickly, into 20.6 after todays round. Not good timing with the scramble final in a couple of weeks
by mickey
Sat Feb 24, 2018 10:01 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Eagles2014 wrote:Congrats to Port on beating the World X1 in the One Day GF today by 16 runs.

No doubt Benton would have won the medal, top scoring with 75 and 3/33.
Correct Image
by mickey
Sun Feb 25, 2018 9:40 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I’m interested in knowing exactly which of these premiership players was an under /14 or 16 for port. I have weeks, Aussie, Reynolds, carter... not sure on Thomas, chatto (NT??) or McDonald. BENTON / dalgiesh / Kerr / sayers recruits. That’s only 35-50% of own juniors players. Kartas would have been a good in to play in this game, after getting a 100 on the Saturday.

I believe the 80/20 rule should apply to filling clubs 1st grade 11 each game... so maximum of 3 recruits outside of your club junior/country program per side. Uni should be required to go back to the original philosophy of Students of AU... but can still have 3 x non students/recruits per game. Which teams would fit this model today? Off the top of my head, most 11s would have the following non jnrs/ country zone:

Southerns (2-3 non juniors) - comack / mansale / ???
Glenelg (0??) maybe a DLCA or 2, but don’t know...
West Torrens (0??)
Sturt (3) - Dick / Sth African (name too hard) / Woods
Adelaide (0??) a DLCA or 2??
Kensington (3-4) - hose / white / Ross?? ACT / Frankie
Ttg (4-5) - gatting / Somerfield/ Hutchinson/ Page / Atkinson
Port (5-6) - as above
Uni (11 haha, but question is how many non student of AU, safe to say 6-8)
Woodville (3-4) - Neilson / Andrews / DICKMAN / DLCA???
Prospect (5-6) miller / McGreg-Baptist/ Cameron / DLCA / keen / cook??
Northerners - (2-3) Agnew / DLCA ?? / NZ bloke
East Torrens - (1-2) Zampa / DLCA?? Bit hard to recruit when no one likes playing with half the team

Be interesting to see if the all powerful SA premier cricket Comittee that is full of individual agendas would consider this. Montitoring it could’ve be given to a SACA comps rep, and clubs can report others to be checked... Both of the Sayers boys played juniors at Port. Only moving when the old man did
by mickey
Mon Feb 26, 2018 12:06 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The South Australian Political Landscape

While we are getting the car race out of the city because its making moving around the place too difficult, can we also move the Anzac day march, christmas pagent, fringe parades, feast parade amd anything else that closes a street down.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
by mickey
Fri Mar 02, 2018 4:08 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

[quote="mighty_tiger_79"][quote="mickey"]White twin cab ute was mine.

Certainly had trouble reading the greens, really slow before the hole then gathers speed after and breaking back towards the club house..... even going uphill! Really couldn't get the speed all day.

No idea what you were driving but saw 4 guys in carpark at 1ish as I was unloading and someone thanked 'Mickey' as I had my head down putting my shoes on...... not sure if it was your group.
Id like to think SA only has room for 1 Mickey.

I still have trouble reading the greens. They are on the slow side with the recent coring. That would be me then!

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk I can only assume you may have had light green shirt??? I had the Cats bag...if you happened to notice it.
Happy to report you didnt dig up the course too much.....

Apart from the greens. What did you think of the course?? I assume it was windy during your round as well??

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk We actually commented on the bag as 1 of our group has the same bag! Green shirt was me.

Course layout was good, few challenging tee shots and a few for the brave to take on. Can really tell that there's been no rain as the fairways were pretty dry and hard in places.

Was a little surprised that there weren't tee times for both front and back 9 tees.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk[/quote]I noticed that on sunday comps etc i think everyone plays off the 1st. So may have treated today like that.
Were you brave enough to have a crack on any of the shorter par 4s??

I think course has had 1mm of rain since Jan 1st....something ridiculously low like that.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk[/quote]Took driver on all bar the 18th(and par 3s) took on the trees on 17 and won, ending up middle fairway with not much to go. Also took an aggressive line over the dam on 13?.... not totally by choice but still ended up 20m short. Were are few others where wind allowing could be reachable too

by mickey
Mon Mar 12, 2018 8:01 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFLW - Womens AFL

[quote="carey"]Are there any straight woman at all in the AFLW?

What does that matter?

Just interested. AFLW awards were televised I couldn’t believe how many same sex couple there were

Same sex couples.
Being politically correct there mate.

We are still allowed to call them Lesbians aren’t we? ;)

What if they're bi, but in a lesbian relationship?

Hold on, let me Google image search it.[/quote]There are usually 2 types of lesbians.....

The 1s you see in movies and the 1s you see in real life

by mickey
Wed Mar 28, 2018 12:07 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: I need to know....

Has anyone else had issues with sleep walking?
Only in the last year have I started doing it and really only became aware of it the other night when my missus woke me up in the kitchen which is the other end of the house. The next morning she found a knife and fork in the fridge! [emoji38]
Previously I've come too in the ensuite and in the walk in absolutely lost.
Luckily I live in a very quiet neighbourhood so if I go for a walk down the street I should be fairly safe!
I'm guessing it's a result of a combination of a skin full and my heart medication. I'm a sleep walker.... even ventured out the front yard in the early hours of the morning stark naked. Don't think I eat in my sleep, but do just about everything from talking to special cuddles with the mrs...

Can be quite interesting when i get asked if i remember anything about last night when i wake up in the morning

by mickey
Thu Apr 05, 2018 7:02 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Netflix

For those who like a good sports doco, i stumbled across a baseball 1 last night that's worth a look.

"The battered bastards of baseball" is definitely worth a look. Recounts the story of the Portland Mavericks baseball club paying in the bottom tier of America's pro leagues, privately owned by Bing Russell (Kurt's old man)

by mickey
Mon Apr 09, 2018 7:18 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Not sure what to do...... handicaps never started with a 1!

1st official round with a handicap was 15 January 2015, handicap of 36Image

by mickey
Fri Apr 27, 2018 8:37 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Did the weather have much of an impact?
Did Benny have any impact?

Well when his picture popped up in my facebook feed it was quite an impact.. funny how you sort of get a mental picture of what someone looks like and its nothing like reality

Skinnier and more handsome? Must've hit the cans hard today lol

by mickey
Fri May 04, 2018 8:35 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

woodublieve12 wrote:anyone know any tips to grow a beard????
Don't shave

by mickey
Wed May 23, 2018 12:37 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Port Adelaide 2018

Booney wrote:
carey wrote:
Booney wrote:*DANGER*

*DANGER*

Alcohol approaching.

I'll pop in for a quick one at 1/4 time but then I will be leaving with Mickey [emoji38] ;)

[emoji38]
Woolshed after the game.... thought I'd see you there anyway

by mickey
Fri Jun 08, 2018 12:48 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Outside air louvre

If you have a shed that you would like to ventilate I have a few louvres that have been made to the wrong size for one of our customers.

Instead of throwing them away I thought I'd offer them to the good folk of SA Footy first at an excellent rate.

Basically cut a hole in your shed and fit off the louvre to give yourself some natural ventilation. The louvre has vermin mesh to stop birds/vermin entering through the penetration.

PM me for pics and sizing.

What about for pics of the louvers?

by mickey
Fri Jun 08, 2018 1:03 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Anyone playing in the Matchrooms poker series next week?
facebook_1528720865249001.jpeg

by mickey
Mon Jun 11, 2018 11:11 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Port Adelaide 2018

Lightning McQueen wrote:
valleys07 wrote:
"Mrs will be with me - Carey will be on his best behaviour".

Nek minnit - trending hashtag.

[emoji38]

He had the right idea, get the missus pissed first!
That was Valleys slipping a little something in her drink early on [emoji23]
by mickey
Tue Jun 12, 2018 5:12 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that make you laugh

by mickey
Wed Jun 13, 2018 2:36 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Restaurant & Pub Reviews

[quote="Wedgie"]I couldn't imagine ordering for someone else, that's so damn rude and disrespectful IMHO.
Yeah cheers
You don't agree?
It's like "I know what you want more than you do and I'm the important one".
Acceptable in the 40s by their social standards then maybe but still something I wouldn't have done, I couldn't imagine being so rude.
I'd lose my shit if someone did that to me.
Whatever.

I stated that I'll pick what the missus and I will eat and you say I'm disrespectful and damn rude.

I'm not placed here to please you thankfully!
Wow! Poor girl. That truly is awful.
Why can't she pick what you eat then? What makes you smarter and more important than her?
:?[/quote]

Because he's a man..... obviously

by mickey
Wed Jun 13, 2018 2:39 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Does it mean your really old when you bump the steering wheel onto Cruise 1323 and haven’t changed it for3 days? Mate my guilty pleasure is 891 between hours of 11am and 1pm. That interview series and Myf :oops:

Myf on Spicks and Specks was one of my favs as a 14/15 (30) year old, if ya know what I mean....

Was always great viewing... taking guesses before you could see her as to whether they were in or out for the night

by mickey
Fri Jun 15, 2018 1:49 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Umpiring - The diary of a local umpy.

Just look for a giant forehead and there she'll be

by mickey
Sun Jun 24, 2018 10:45 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: World Cup 2018

Decent free kick from the poms, 1up after 5 minutes

by mickey
Thu Jul 12, 2018 4:38 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Advice re next holiday

I love Cairns, well, what's around Cairns as the city centre itself isn't much to look at.

You can head up into the Daintree, PK's Jungle Village in Cape Tribulation which is an excellent spot for watchers of back packers, out onto the Reef ( the best one I've been on was Poseidon out from Port Douglas ), Port Douglas to see how the rich and famous live in white linen clothes, up into the table lands around Atherton, Malanda, Millaa Millaa Falls or just loaf around the lagoon in the heart of Cairns.

The Sunshine Coast is nice, too. Hervey Bay, across to Fraser Island, up to Bundaberg.

My next all Aussie adventure has me looking to Darwin for some fishing with the brother and mates.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180713/b9fd0366da6b0de76e1ea612244e3c0a.jpg

by mickey
Fri Jul 13, 2018 10:39 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SA Footy Poker Night

My advice
Do not invite Jackpot Jim to play, as he is one of Australias greatest Poker players
IF he rolls up, dont waste time, just hand him over your money

Have played with JJ once or twice at the casino over the years, and would play with him again anytime. Cant shy away from the good players otherwise we would never play or get better!
by mickey
Thu Jul 19, 2018 8:58 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |