Search found 204 matches

Return

Re: Career change

**Bumping an old thread instead of starting a new one**

After 27 years at the same place, my loyalty has run out, and it's time to make a move.

Applied for a role in a field that is totally unrelated to what i have done since i was 16. I never thought i would have ever had the courage to take a leap out of my comfort zone.

Sent from my SM-G781B using Tapatalk

How'd you go about that Mickey? Recruitment agent/seek/other? Best of luck! Have been looking on seek for a little while in the same industry, I'm a greenkeeper by trade with a bit of interest in WHS (enough of an interest to do my Cert IV). Trouble is the industry as a whole pays absolute peanuts. I'm lucky to be in local govt, and the highest paying council at that. To move to a private golf course would be a $20k pay cut. Not something that i can justify, especially at the moment!

1 of the council guys quit last year and took up intestate train driving and the more i thought about it, a new challenge where i didn't know anything and starting at the bottom was becoming appealing.

The more work gave me the shits, and really affected my mental health and home life, made the choice to move on easier.

Being motivated to move on from council (and the great working conditions) lead me to look on Seek to see what is out there.

Train driver trainee ad went up over the weekend, and i bit the bullet to apply last night. If successful it will be an initial pay cut, but eventually will lead to a decent pay rise.
by mickey
Tue Feb 06, 2024 10:11 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: I need to know....

My two cents:

You are paying the cleaners come in to do the cleaning. (Vacuum, mop & bucket, scrub toilets, etc).

You don't want to pay them to tidy first.

That means pack your sh!t up, no clothes lying around, no toys left out, etc, so when she arrives, she can get straight into the cleaning.

Tidy up yes, clean no.

by mickey
Tue Mar 12, 2024 11:10 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: I need to know....

Having a debate with my son, I have a cleaner come round fortnightly on Tuesdays (mainly because I hate mopping and cleaning the bathroom), I tell him that we have to do a full clean on the Sunday but he says “why, it’s getting cleaned anyway?”.
Who is right?

I'm with him.
Re-visited.

I get home today and for the 2nd fortnight in a row the cleaner was still here, this time I thought it would be a 2 hour visit max as everything seemed pretty schmick!

She has then taken it upon herself to tidy up my outdoor entertainment area along with tipping my sons bed, emptying/sorting his built in robes and clearing 3 bags of rubbish/clothing along with whatever else she may have found.

She also did a load of washing which was mainly my sons as I do all mine on Sundays and tell him to do the same, I had two pair of dacks, two shirts and a pair of shorts that were left folded in the basket.

I give her $40 an hour so when I weigh it up it would be stuff I’d have to do at night or on a weekend, she does a great job and hopefully now there’s nothing left to find apart from mopping the floors and sorting the bathroom.

If our cleaner did that, they wouldn't be invited back.

Fair old invasion of privacy going through someone's wardrobe and dirty washing

by mickey
Tue Mar 26, 2024 8:19 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: PAFC 2024

I was talking to my kids about this last night and what was disturbing was from what they tell me, especially amongst the boys, is that the frequency of homophobic terms used as an insult still to this day with teenagers is as bad as it was when I was a kid, if not worse. Not only that, but calling each other the N word not as an insult, but just in general talk.

Not so much my kids, they're a bit older, but the 16-22's that use the C bomb with reckless abandon is amazing.
My lad is nearly 19 and I’ve never heard him swear

You've never seen him have a wank either, but I'm sure he does

by mickey
Mon Apr 08, 2024 2:03 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |