Search found 204 matches

Return

Re: Daily Golf - Where you are playing and how you go

2 more sleeps until the next golf trip... 16 guys, 4 rounds in the Riverland and not a wife or kid to be seen from Thursday morning til Sunday night!

Can't wait

Sent from my SM-G781B using Tapatalk
by mickey
Tue Nov 09, 2021 12:17 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

What a 4 day visit to the Riverland!

Our accommodation was absolutely superb. The group stays area at the Berri Riverside Holiday Park is out of this world. 15 individual rooms all king beds, ensuite, fridge, tv, climate control. The units are in a U shape around a courtyard. the top of the U is a large kitchen with a verandah out the front that has seating, gas heating, a large tv and can be enclosed with blinds. In the kitchen there are 2 full fridges, a freezer and 2 commercial ovens with gas burners.. value for money was just outstanding. 10/10 it was so good we booked for next year as we left.

https://www.berriholidaypark.com.au/groups-conferences/

Thursdays 1st round was a wet day at Berri GC. Was a pretty nice course to start the tour with.. although not much fun if (when) you miss a fairway, the sand there was a nightmare to play out of. Greens were a nice size and a little on the slow side, took a little getting used to for a few of our guys. Clubhouse was sensational, but as we were soaked we didn't hang around too long. We needed to get back and shower and warm up.

Friday was a trip to Loxton for what was the 1st of 3 ridiculously windy days. The best turf conditions of the courses we played. Tees, fairways and greens were all in top condition, arguably better condition than some of the big city courses. A well laid out course with some huge trees lining fairways. Could quite easily play there every week if i was a local.

The weekend saw us take on Barmera GC and their Spring Classic event. The day started off a bit shaky when the mini bus driver didn't get the memo that 16 blokes all had bags and buggies and a trailer was needed. Luckily we had some skilled tetris players on the trip and somehow we all managed to fit in with our gear to this 21 seat bus. The driver then stalled the bus as he tried to take off. The best part of the trip there was getting dropped off on doorstep of the clubhouse. I'm not talking next to it in the car park, i mean alongside the 1st tee under the verandah. Was a few strange looks as we all piled out with our clubs and stuff.
The course was in great condition with probably the best greens of the trip. Saturday night was spent in the club with a 3 course meal and the general running amok of boys on tour. $6 pints probably helped things get a little messier than needed.

Riverland you were amazing and the FLOG Golf tour will be back next year!
by mickey
Mon Nov 15, 2021 4:07 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: No Jab No Play

You can all keep your cool Covid stories out of this forum

If you want to play conspiracy theorist, post here http://safooty.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=43003

Its completely relevant, more censorship from the most important issue we will ever face in our life times, just because somewhere dares not agree with you

IT ONLY NEEDS TO BE IN ONE FORUM . KEEP YOUR THEORIES IN THE GENERAL FORUM OR BYE BYE. They are not his theories... Ctrl + C, Ctrl + P He is printing them off too???

by mickey
Sat Dec 11, 2021 5:23 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Amazon Prime

JK wrote:Rather than start a new thread, figured I'd ask here. Anyone gotten into Ted Lasso on AppleTV?
Finished both seasons, absolutely fantastic

by mickey
Tue Dec 14, 2021 12:27 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Mid season break report from the Vines Seven's comp, started on 27 and now down to 21 - hoping to get into the teens in the NY.

Really enjoying playing once a week and golf is getting pretty consistent. Shot a 43 one round but averaging high 40's for 9.

Having a hit at West Lakes on Friday morning with some mates. Could be a slow morning looking at the handicaps of the group in front of you..

26, 28, 33

by mickey
Mon Dec 20, 2021 8:34 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Coronavirus (Covid19)

The 2yr old death gets a run in every story they print even though the child died "with" covid, it was was born with respiratory issues and many other issues.

This is pure fantasy, the child was born with no health issues at all. Spreading pure lies about a dead child shows the standard of a person that you are.

by mickey
Sun Jan 02, 2022 1:55 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Coronavirus (Covid19)

We now know that West End doesn't kill covid

by mickey
Thu Jan 06, 2022 5:42 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that give you the sh1ts

Take care guys, you know your SA footy family is here if needed ;)

Absolutely. Especially @WHUFC and @LightningMcQueen I’ve played a hell of a lot of cricket against these 2. Bloody good blokes.

Not Carey good, but close.

Well we all know how whufc feels about Carey's cricketing ability at the moment

by mickey
Tue Jan 11, 2022 10:53 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: TDK's International Test Cricket Update's

You guys are making me jealous, what's the best way to get Kayo nowadays? I have a telstra account, are there any other companies liked to them that offer deals?

I only want to watch cricket, footy and the upcoming pétanque world championships. I just pay the $25 per month and can have 2 people logged in at once. The amount of use it gets between my daughter and I far out ways cost

by mickey
Thu Jan 13, 2022 8:41 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SA Footy NET AF Premiership - Sign up here

Lightning McQueen wrote:Hey REB, if you have spots leftover in the HS my lad will join this season, he converted from DT to SC last season and is keen on being a Hogger.
x2, the eldest daughter is keen to be in a proper SC league. Definitely bottom division id say

by mickey
Mon Jan 24, 2022 1:04 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Dutch, I’m just a member at Mawson Lakes mate.

Lad has just started an apprenticeship at Grange so get on there as much as I can, also got a mate a royal who once a month gets a phone call ;) Time to give up that goat track and come down to west lakes... can guarantee you'll love it

by mickey
Sun Jan 23, 2022 6:37 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: I need to know....

What did the Ukraine do to piss off the Russians so much?

Reverse the roles of the Cuban Missile crisis It's simpler than that. These days a 12 year old TV is considered pretty old.

As you suggested it, by moving it you have disturbed it a bit. Possibly some of the circuits were already at a point and the movement us just upset these. Possibly a capacity, there are so many items on printed circuit boards it could be a number of things.

If moving a TV is grounds for war then we are in big trouble
by mickey
Thu Jan 27, 2022 9:47 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Alright you lot. This has been discussed on and off for years but it's about time we actually committed to a SA Footy golf day.

I'm happy to arrange tee times etc, especially at West Lakes, but happy for anywhere really.

I was thinking a Sunday arvo while the weather is still half decent and before footy etc starts up.

Thoughts.....

by mickey
Wed Feb 02, 2022 1:34 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: ANZAC Round 6

Was a fantastic day at the G yesterday. The pre game was spot on, the game was good, nice and close for a neutral.

No real aggro in the crowd between supporters was the most surprising thing for the day though. So glad i finally got a chance to tick that game off the bucket list. Will definitely try and go again.
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20220425/883f16aca208919cba6a5bf8497fce24.jpg

by mickey
Tue Apr 26, 2022 9:40 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: What The F***

Em Rata's hubbie cheats on her. WTF?

https://www.news.com.au/entertainment/celebrity-life/hook-ups-break-ups/emily-ratajkowskis-husbands-alleged-cheating-says-nothing-about-her/news-story/6c7196f4c441150ac6ec0955527120be it-doesnt-matter-how-hot-she-is-somebody-somewhere-is-sick-of-her-shit--79efa.jpg

by mickey
Sat Jul 30, 2022 6:08 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: ATCA

Wicket renos are going to be severely messed up because of the weather.
Getting dry soil is also going to be difficult.
Let's hope it fines up next week. We've managed to get 8 out of our 9 squares done so far, just Port Districts lef to go due to footy still going. We have plenty of dry black soil, we stock up at the end of season and store undercover year round

by mickey
Wed Sep 14, 2022 7:57 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:Anyone dabbled in doing their family tree?
The eldest did a free trial on ancestry after she learned of the family "secrets"... got back a fair way quickly, can be super expensive if you go through with the subscription

by mickey
Wed Sep 14, 2022 8:02 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Dutchy wrote:West Lakes early tee off on Thursday morning
Fair few visitors booked in Thursday. You'll be finishing around the time i tee off

by mickey
Mon Sep 19, 2022 8:46 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

West Lakes early tee off on Thursday morning Fair few visitors booked in Thursday. You'll be finishing around the time i tee off

Greens just been cored I believe?

Mate of mine hit his tee shot to 2cm from the cup on the 16th 2 weeks back, apparently the hole in one prize was up to $5,800 :shock: They were cored on the 5th & 6th. They have played well the 2 Saturdays since then. Slower than usual though

by mickey
Wed Sep 21, 2022 12:48 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Spring Carnival Punters Club 2022

R1 - 14
R2 - 8
R5 - 8
R6 - 9
R8 - 2
R9 - 10

All up the place, $10. Should be paying around 55/1
---------

Early quaddie $40, for around 16%

If that's not a goer

$50w
R2 - 8

by mickey
Fri Nov 04, 2022 9:26 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Spring Carnival Punters Club 2022

by mickey
Mon Nov 07, 2022 12:56 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Spring Carnival Wrap

AR7 #2
$25 win

by mickey
Fri Nov 11, 2022 8:26 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Don't have to draw pictures on the score card though....

by mickey
Thu Nov 17, 2022 8:10 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Grade Cricket

Does anyone else get Overs, Maidens, Wickets... and Economy Rate in the bowling figures?

Not runs

So I've had to start trying to work out what 13 overs times ER 3.69 is to find out the bowling figures If looking at the website on your phone, turn it sideways for the full bowling figures

by mickey
Sat Nov 26, 2022 10:06 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Can get you the name of the bus driver we use to cart us around if you need.

Golf trip or other?

Golf trip, not for a while yet. Will let you know, cheers mate. Happy to let you in on some of our secrets! It's quite easy to see how profitable hosting golf tours can be.

This was most of our showbag this year. Only 1 ball maker per person.
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20221130/6634bd887bb4077a5af472f83d02f19c.jpg

by mickey
Wed Nov 30, 2022 11:20 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: World Cup 2022

Still bloody pumped!!!

We couldn't beat Argentina could we!

I don't know if it works in our favour or not but as the tournament goes on depth will be extremly important.

I don't think we have any match winners to bring in but we could make a change here and there without negative impact eg Hrastuic for Irvine, McLaren for Duke, Mabil for Goodwin or Leckie, Karacic for Degenek is not going to make huge differences. From what i saw when he came on against Tunisia, Mabil would need to lift his defensive work rate a fair bit. A lot of pointing and wanting others to track back.
Will need a full team effort defensively sunday morning to be any chance of the biggest upset in world history!

by mickey
Thu Dec 01, 2022 6:00 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Australian International Season 2022/23

How stupid are the SA bowlers though... let's keep bowling really short bouncers that go for 5 wides

by mickey
Sun Dec 18, 2022 5:17 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Modernising Test Cricket

Brodlach wrote:I agree with Booney for a change. Leave. It. Alone.
Can we bring back timeless tests and uncovered pitches.
Seeing that we don't want to change anything [emoji6]

by mickey
Fri Jan 13, 2023 11:35 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

amber_fluid wrote:Anyone else taking Friday off to make an extra long weekend?
Yes, and for good measure i have an rdo Monday

by mickey
Wed Jan 25, 2023 11:20 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Opening Round - 2023

https://www.womens.afl/news/118790/-she-s-just-a-great-person-danger-thrilled-to-have-daisy-at-the-cats

"We didn’t hire Daisy because she's a female. We hired Daisy because of her qualifications as a student of the game, as someone who has been involved in it for a really long period of time," Dangerfield told womens.afl .

"You listen to Daisy when she commentates, and she nails it, it takes some of the commentators half a game to catch up with where the game is actually flowing, and she's picked up on that immediately. We'll look to draw on that.

*Insert Mutley laugh here*
Dangerfield talking to womens.afl - ill take that with a pinch of salt

His wife probably told him to say it He's not David Warner

by mickey
Fri Mar 17, 2023 2:00 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: MLB

Can't wait until June, I'll be watching the Yankees host the red sox from behind home plate, slightly down the 1st base line

by mickey
Thu Mar 30, 2023 3:21 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Season 2023

stan wrote:Ginbey is not Gibney you ******* idiots.

Also Rebecca Gibney is a national treasure, you blokes need to shut the **** up.

by mickey
Tue Apr 04, 2023 9:21 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Golf in general

It's going to depend on what the crowds are like I think. Be good to do a mix of both, although the shotgun start makes it a bit harder for that

by mickey
Wed Apr 19, 2023 8:20 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

As gates open... or just before

by mickey
Thu Apr 20, 2023 8:42 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Poker

The countdown until all my dreams come true.... less than 3 weeks until i get to sit down and play in Vegas. Including a tournament or 3 in the World Series of Poker!Image

by mickey
Wed May 24, 2023 1:11 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Lets go Yankees!Image

by mickey
Sat Jun 10, 2023 9:11 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SANFLW Season 2023

Brodlach wrote:South still can’t win a League Premiership
Their girls went back-to-back in 2018/19 and lost in 20. Equal most successful club

by mickey
Mon Jun 12, 2023 3:04 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Sure did. It's good being able to watch all these sports during the day and evening rather than in the middle of the night

by mickey
Tue Jun 13, 2023 4:05 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: US Open

I'll post some pics when I'm wandering around on Sunday

by mickey
Wed Jun 14, 2023 1:09 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: US Open

Not long now! https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20230618/0aaa0fc113d77cc9c6393dfe899e5960.jpg https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20230618/2afa9d417d20b1a2ff78bc0294156203.jpg https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20230618/961b0692a90c28df04f40c401a561916.jpg

by mickey
Mon Jun 19, 2023 1:44 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ashes 2023

JK wrote:Actually gonna miss Broad
His episode of the Howie Games was quite good

by mickey
Mon Jul 31, 2023 12:42 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Hard to feel sorry for them paying out more than normal while they still make billions in profit every year

by mickey
Thu Aug 24, 2023 7:39 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SA Footy 2023 AFL tipping

SENT

by mickey
Tue Aug 29, 2023 2:31 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Royal Adelaide open day Sunday. Always enjoy getting to play there

by mickey
Fri Dec 01, 2023 1:03 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Dont know if they ever worked, I tried straight after getting the e-mail and they weren't available. Maybe its the early release limiting them, might open up tomorrow?
I've seen other just purchase 3 single day passes.
But if you tried it asap then you're explanation makes some sense Took a few go's, but got the 3 day pass this morning.

by mickey
Tue Dec 05, 2023 6:23 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

West Lakes.

Started off solidly. Putter worked well early. And then the putter went to shit.
Driver I adjusted before Wednesday to 11.5d and hit more slices last 2 rounds than I have in a long time....
Windy day down there.
Battled for 31pts.

Whats the course like currently? have they started the Reno's?
Course is in good condition. I'd say the best I've seen it.
Reno's are continuing. Putting in paths from tee boxes which actually look good.
I think it's the 3rd/4th that play a lot shorter than normal at the moment. 4th and 5th are shortened. Should be back to full length in a about 2 weeks id say

by mickey
Sat Dec 30, 2023 8:38 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Your poison of choice?

James Squire's and Brookvale Union are my go-too ginger beers.

If you're down south pop into my mates new brewery. The beers are good, and so is the brown creaming soda

https://www.facebook.com/unitthreecolle ... tid=eHce3h

by mickey
Fri Jan 05, 2024 5:48 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Took 3 hours to play 9 at West Lakes yesterday. 3 ladies all over 65 playing their first ever round ahead of us. I counted 21 on a par 3 for one. Another played 5 shots before she moved her buggy. Didn't matter as ahead was just as slow, well, nearly.

Perfect storm though. Club had Match Play championships on in the morning and apparently they were taking 3 hours to play 9 themselves and it just rolled on across the day from there. Our 1pm tee time ended up being 1:22.

1 par, 3 bogeys and 1 scratch on the 9 holes in windy but perfect conditions. Wasn't the fault of us in the summer cup. I did the right thing and finished it on 14.

It was slow most of the day, right from the 1st groups.

by mickey
Mon Jan 22, 2024 8:12 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Career change

**Bumping an old thread instead of starting a new one**

After 27 years at the same place, my loyalty has run out, and it's time to make a move.

Applied for a role in a field that is totally unrelated to what i have done since i was 16. I never thought i would have ever had the courage to take a leap out of my comfort zone.

by mickey
Tue Feb 06, 2024 2:42 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |