Search found 204 matches

Return

Re: Daily Golf - Where you are playing and how you go

1st ever competitive game of match play tomorrow, hopefully get through to play the afternoon too. should be an interesting day

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
by mickey
Sat Oct 20, 2018 3:34 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

1st ever competitive game of match play tomorrow, hopefully get through to play the afternoon too. should be an interesting day

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk Don't forget it's off the stick match play.... Yeah, aware of that. Just hoping to put the 1st drive in play!

by mickey
Sat Oct 20, 2018 9:31 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: I need to know....

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:Gimme ideas for Dinner folks?
Tossing up between 2 options for tonight, fork on the road down semaphore... or schnitzel night and a chance to win $4k at the golf club.

by mickey
Fri Oct 26, 2018 12:13 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Fun runs

Walked the 12km, 1hr 48min. A full 20 minutes quicker than last years walk

by mickey
Sun Sep 16, 2018 2:12 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Golf is a funny game that never ceases to frustrate the **** out of me!

24 points in the comp yesterday morning, drove reasonably well and then managed to shank, top, and generally play like retard....

Go back for twilight golf and manage to scrape together 21 points for 9, including 1 scrub... how can you score nearly the same in half the holes

by mickey
Thu Nov 01, 2018 8:45 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Cup day Comp

I think that this is all correct....
by mickey
Tue Nov 06, 2018 6:06 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:Squeezed into the Club Champs qtr finals, Matchplay!
Hope you go better than i did in ours

by mickey
Tue Nov 27, 2018 12:13 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Squeezed into the Club Champs qtr finals, Matchplay! Hope you go better than i did in ours

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk So the post is 'dont ask' but ill ask, what went wrong??

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk Basically choked and just about forgot how to hit the ball reasonably straight!

Qualified 3rd in c grade... so thought k may be a chance. Halved the 1st hole, lost the next 7, won the 9th. 6 down with 9 to play wasn't a good way to turn.

Got tob7 down with 8 to play, pit a few good holes together and ended up losing after the 15th

by mickey
Tue Nov 27, 2018 12:39 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

How often are you watering and for how long? How hard is the soil.... if you got the garden fork out, how much effort would it take to push it in?

Regular mowing is a great start in getting the plant to run and grow sideways rather than up... looks like it could do with a nice top dressing and a feed.

Dont get something with a real high nitrogen content, you dont really need to big surge of growth that will need mowing nearly every day

by mickey
Thu Nov 29, 2018 5:31 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Royal Adelaide today, weather was perfect.. zero lost balls, only 1 scrub and 37 points. Cant complain too much after bit getting near 30 points in the last 6 rounds. Driver behaved until the last hole, finding fairways and going nice and straight.

Course was in superb condition, rough was a lot friendlier than last time I played which was nice..

2 of our group tore the front 9 apart with 22 and 24 points each... 24 turned into 43 at the end of the day and 22 turned into 34 with a terrible back 9...

Booking in for Kooyongas open day tonight

by mickey
Mon Jan 07, 2019 5:59 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Netflix

3 eps into Sunderland til I die. Really great doco. Worth a look

finished it... well worth the look Finally got around to watching this... really well done series, even though I'm not a fan of Sunderland it's a great watch and easily watched 3 episodes back to back. Still a few to go til i finish it.

Really wish we did more of this kind of thing in Australia

I wouldn't trust Australian media to make anything like that.

If you like that, get Amazon Prime. It costs f**k all, and it has All Or Nothing: Manchester City, AON: All Blacks, and the Rams, Cowboys and Cardinals in the NFL. An Australian version of Americas Game would also be shit hot

by mickey
Tue Jan 08, 2019 12:14 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Restaurant & Pub Reviews

Went to the Burek Lounge for the 1st time tonight.

Had the 2 person mixed grill with the mrs... it was **** amazing..

Service was quick, food cooked perfectly... couldn't ask for much more, maybe only am option for chips with it...

9.5/10

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190118/02be0e422c33b40e881ccd25bd529e36.jpg

by mickey
Fri Jan 18, 2019 10:31 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Grade Cricket

Was interesting going thru Port's team today, trying to work out how many of their juniors they had playing in the 1st Grade, could only come up with one - Aussie Umpherston?

Woodville - Benton, Sayers, Carter, McDonald
Glenelg - Kerr
Northerns - Giniotis
Uni - Cooper
Adelaide - Garlick
Unsure- Dilley and Jordy Thomas

Wonder why other Clubs get pi55ed off with them. Instead of trying to buy an A Grade flag, why not put that money towards their junior development programmes. We do this as we don't pay any players, then we find out they are targeting our gun recruit for next year and offered him big coin already. Weeksy is a sly dog, gotta watch him like a hawk as he targets so many players from other Clubs every year!
Jordy is a Port junior. So was Sayers

by mickey
Sat Feb 02, 2019 9:52 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that make you laugh

The eldest daughter is about to play her 1st ever game of football... she can kick pretty well, unless she has to do it while running!

by mickey
Sun Mar 31, 2019 2:38 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The eldest daughter is about to play her 1st ever game of football... she can kick pretty well, unless she has to do it while running!

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk Interesting 1st game, didn't get a kick, laid 2 cracking tackles, threw the ball like a netball the 1st time she was tackled and had a blast.

Still not a fan of the colours though https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190331/3c2e7cd8c54323b99c5efa7e76308806.jpg

by mickey
Sun Mar 31, 2019 8:23 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: A-League 2018-19

**** me dead.... that was insane!

Talk about doing things the hard way.

Heart is still racing, now to book those flights

by mickey
Sat May 11, 2019 12:25 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Champions League 18/19

JK wrote:
Wedgie wrote:Hope you have a great (and safe) trip MH. I'm not even give you shit about the difference between the EL and CL, I genuinely hope you have a good time and win mate.

I’m going to the Arkaba for the UCL final, wish me luck? :D
I'll see you there jk

by mickey
Wed May 15, 2019 10:27 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that you rate!

Grand final day.... 60,000 Glory supporters. Inperial pints at the pub, and a sea of purple

by mickey
Sun May 19, 2019 5:10 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: PDCA 2016 - 2017

ATCA start at 1pm also

by mickey
Wed May 22, 2019 9:25 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I'm looking to take my American bro-in-law to the footy while he is here and the only game we can make it to us the Port v Geelong game on Saturday 22/6

I want him to have a great view of the game and a good experience... where should I buy seats and is there anything else I can sort for the night?

P.s we don't drink so no need for bars etc...

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

not the cheapest seats (around $110) in the house but anywhere on level 3 eastern stand is amazing... perfect vantage point IMO, not too far up the stands but close enough to still feel the game with a great view of everything
by mickey
Thu May 23, 2019 1:01 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Keefy wrote:Which Adblocker app have you guys installed?

just the standard Chrome 1 here
by mickey
Sun Jun 02, 2019 6:24 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that give you the sh1ts

One lane each way through 2 tunnels between airport & the city...... bloody ridiculous.
I thought you were explaining my ex for a second there.
Bet she made you pay a toll as well. Frequently closed for maintenance too.... and always at the worst possible times

by mickey
Mon Jul 08, 2019 2:11 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that you rate!

I'll let you know after the Mrs gets her set next month

by mickey
Fri Jul 12, 2019 5:54 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: No Talent Flogs

I'm not sure what a Winterfest is, but it sounds dreadful.

3 years of your life crammed into 12 hours of one day at the Powerhouse with about 500 girls aged from 6-16 with fake tan, make up, glitter screaming and ******* screaming and ******* screaming and wooo'ing and ******* wooo'ing and ****.....

I'm glad I went to one, meant I had reason to hold my ground and say I wasn't going to another. I'll see your Winterfest and raise you CanDance....

A week of U/6 through to open age dance comps. The worst part is you have to actually pay to get in and watch

by mickey
Wed Jul 17, 2019 2:54 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Rugby Union World Cup

Wallabies haven't had the best couple of minutes so far...

by mickey
Sun Sep 29, 2019 6:21 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that you don't understand

tipper wrote:how? how can this person actually have a licence??

https://www.facebook.com/52782741394357 ... 61?sfns=mo
Guessing something like this[img]https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20191003/a6e2780c6c52db3e74ebe2f1d1cb4cfc.jpg[/img]

by mickey
Thu Oct 03, 2019 10:55 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2019 Cup Day Comp

R1 - #2 ARYAAF 1st 13.2 + ?
R2 - #3 BRAVO TANGO1st 9.6 + ?
R3 - #4 ALIFEROUS 2nd 4.7
R4 - #1 BIG BLUE
R5 - #16 SIZZLEFLY
R6 - #4 SWEET SCANDAL
R7 - #24 YOUNGSTAR
R8 - #4 KIWIA
R9 - #6 PARSIFAL
R10 - #20 NIGHT EXPRESS

What do you use for the place divi on the winners? Can't see below. Those results include the place div

by mickey
Tue Nov 05, 2019 12:12 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2019 Cup Day Comp

mickey wrote:R1- #8 Muntaseera 2.3
R2- #3 Bravo Tango 9.6
R3- #7 Sure Knee 6.9
R4- #5 Exemplar
R5- #2 Hawker Hurrican 4.8
R6- #10 Dunbrody Power
R7- #2 Mer De Glace
R8- #8 So You Win
R9- #1 Royal Symphony
R10- #6 Betcha Flying

by mickey
Tue Nov 05, 2019 1:07 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: MLB 2018

Booked flights to the US last night... Can't wait to see the Yankees host the cubs in June

by mickey
Fri Jan 31, 2020 9:46 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Poker

I’m massively out of the loop, can any of you lads tell me if online poker is still going thes days? If so, which mob? TIA It is, but not the way it used to be. Can't play for real money on PokerStars etc any more.

There is a newish platform that's mainly on the mobile. @cossi11 is 1 of the guys running a local SA based club

by mickey
Sat Mar 28, 2020 3:36 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Valley View is still operating.
Penfield golf club whilst not being a par 3 is a nice 9 hole course that looks fairly busy whenever I drive past
Yep, Valley Viewed yesterday, great course for kids, and yes, Penfield is still happening.

I just wanna have a few hits on the Par 3's with my son before taking him to a full sized course.

So far I've found:
Valley View
Little Para
North Adelaide
Glanville (possibly)

It's about the only thing we can do atm.

Glanville is 100% definitely still there, and the pro shop is run by the same company that do Valley View.

https://www.facebook.com/glanvillehallpar3/

https://www.facebook.com/vvp3gc/
by mickey
Mon Apr 27, 2020 3:21 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Coronavirus (Covid19)

JK wrote:
Bum Crack wrote:Where's Centurion these days?

He's with Biggus Dickus
Still looking for his esky isn't he?

by mickey
Fri May 29, 2020 2:51 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Best and worst grounds.

The Gecko matting is filled with rubber. After being laid and the rubber topped up, it is generally softer than the surrounding areas when tested with a Clegg hammer.
It's the same technology as artificial soccer/gridiron fields we are all familiar with.

by mickey
Wed Jun 03, 2020 8:23 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Heading to Mt Compass sunday. Beeen donkeys since I've been down there.
Any hints, tips, clues??

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

hit straight and avoid the rough at all costs.... and make sure you have plenty of balls in the bag, you will lose a fair few if waywards!

absolutely beautiful course though, real tough but enjoyable
by mickey
Fri Oct 16, 2020 8:17 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2020 Melb Cup Day Punters Club

Race 2 - #8 Shelby Cobra

Race 9 - #13 Mariamia
by mickey
Fri Nov 06, 2020 10:37 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that you are looking forward to

Just booked a week in Tasmania including rounds at Royal Hobart, Tasmania GC, and both courses at Barnbougal. April can't come quick enough

by mickey
Fri Nov 13, 2020 2:46 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

by mickey
Fri Nov 20, 2020 7:57 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Spargo wrote:How fast are cyclists allowed to go on shared paths, 5 or 10km p/hr ?

my understanding is its 10km/h
by mickey
Wed Feb 10, 2021 2:21 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

[quote="mighty_tiger_79"]There's some wanna be auctioneer filming a mock auction down here at semaphore Beach [emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787]

Sent from my SM-G781B using Tapatalk Was certainly a laugh.... surely there would be somewhere a bit quieter to practice

Sent from my SM-G781B using Tapatalk Tick over $900k it sold for

Sent from my SM-G781B using Tapatalk Must've ran a couple.... i heard $1.7m

Sent from my SM-G781B using Tapatalk [emoji33][emoji33]

Sent from my SM-G781B using Tapatalk[/quote]Weirdest bit was his mate recording it

Sent from my SM-G781B using Tapatalk
by mickey
Fri Mar 05, 2021 3:23 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Flights booked today for a trip to Tassie in late July - hitting up Barnbougle, cannot bloody wait! I leave Thursday next week. 8 of us heading down, a few guys taking the mrs too.

Playing Royal Hobart, Tasmania GC, both courses at Barnbougal and hopefully the new executive course thats just opened. Cant wait

by mickey
Tue Apr 06, 2021 8:32 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

What a difference a day makes. Went around yesterday and had 80 off the stick. Best round ever, 44 points including 24 and the back 9 with a scrub!
Stroke round this morning, 95 and 3 lost balls.

by mickey
Sat May 01, 2021 3:18 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Haven't worked it out yet, but apparently The Dunes is better than Lost Farm? Will only have time to play one but keen to play the new 14 hole par 3 course the next morning though. How did you go? The trip was amazing. Barnbougal Dunes was the pick of the courses, absolutely breathtaking.
Played off the terracotta tee blocks. Some picturesque holes, and a nice walk along the beach front between holes.
Lost Farm, while still amazing was easier. A lot more open around the greens and tees. Still some challenging par 3s, especially if the wind is up.

The best way to describe Lost Farm in my opinion is of you took courses like lady bay or compass and pumped them with steroids for 20 years, just on another planet.

Bougal Run was also sensational, challenging par 3s, and driveable par 4s depending on wind. About 4 of the greens are in terrible condition, a bad batch of seed or something according to the pro shop.

The 2 Hobart courses were pretty good, not sure how Royal Hobart keeps its royal title though. A very very flat, straight forward layout.

Tasmania GC has some cracking views as its situated right on a bay.

by mickey
Sat May 01, 2021 3:30 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Barnbougle booked for August, got excited just calling them up, staying that night in their accommodation also so a few wind down whiskeys will be in order. What course you playing?

Dunes - then going to try and play the short course in the arvo Perfect combo... make sure you grab a course book for the Dunes.

$10 very well spent

by mickey
Wed May 12, 2021 2:05 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

2 "man" ambrose yesterday at Clare. Very nice country course with some good intersting holes.
Took out the div 2 with a net 64. Will definitely visit again.

by mickey
Tue Jun 15, 2021 1:20 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Golf in general

Would love to see what the scores would be at the Open if the pros had to find their own ball after spraying into the roughs.

by mickey
Sun Jul 18, 2021 8:47 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

yeah understand that they are restricted with room, wonder if they would every remove the trees add more bunkers and make it a true links course?

A couple of my mates are members there now We are in the process of removing bunkers, standardising the sand throughout the course and reshaping a heap of them.. so definitely no more going in. I'm not sure we have the room to go full links to be honest, just not enough room off the fairways to create the rough needed.

New members are always a good thing. If they don't know many people at the club and are looking to meet a bunch of people through summer let me know

by mickey
Wed Sep 08, 2021 9:08 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Playing weekly 9 hole comps is great for bringing the handicap down. So much easier putting it all together for 9 holes. 2 great 9s that combine can easily be a handicapped score of 40

by mickey
Mon Oct 25, 2021 7:43 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Playing weekly 9 hole comps is great for bringing the handicap down. So much easier putting it all together for 9 holes. 2 great 9s that combine can easily be a handicapped score of 40

Ive never been a fan of playing 9 holes, if you play well you wonder what you would have scored over the full course, if you play poorly you wonder if you could have improved on the back 9.

Mickey did you play in the West Lakes club champs on the weekend? Quarter Finals? My mate played and I reckon I saw your name on one of his FB posts Yeah i did, have made it through to the C grade final. What grade your mate in?

by mickey
Mon Oct 25, 2021 10:22 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |