Search found 16 matches

Return

Re: Adelaide Hills Cricket (HCA, TVCA & A&EH)

Announced at tonights AGM

Mt Barker are to step back up to A Grade for the 1st time since 2011/12 which will eliminate the Bye thankfully

Also Milang are back after being in recession for the last 2 seasons. They're looking at fielding a B Grade which is great news.

Does this mean Hahndorf staying in A2?

Thats their intention at this stage

I think they may have nominated for a grade if reports from their agm are accurate. They are also planning a second senior side as well.
by caleb777
Tue Aug 29, 2017 8:39 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Buffet bowler wrote:And to win games?

Hahndorf's major weakness last year was batting. Shaun and Jarrad both hit a significant amount last year. It does make recruiting easier thats for sure. There are a few others who have agreed to play at Pine Avenue next season.
by caleb777
Thu May 24, 2018 8:18 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: ASCA

The_Observant_One wrote:And that has what to do with the ASCA?

Just commenting on what a big score that was struth people are touchy.
by caleb777
Tue Oct 30, 2018 8:48 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

http://aehca.sa.cricket.com.au/pageitem.aspx?id=172524&id2=1&eID=3140&entityID=3140

Really good write ups of each round are appearing on the AEHCA website.

Round 5 A Grade Results

Mount Barker v Wistow

Mount Barker held on for a 46-run win over Wistow to move within touching distance of the top 4. Winning the toss and batting first, the hosts were in a touch of trouble early at 5/80 before some critical late order runs from Deklan Porter (26) and Wayne Buckland (22) got the score up to a commendable 177. Rhys Paterson (27) was the top scorer for Mount Barker whilst the Wistow bowlers shared the honors with five bowlers claiming 2-wickets each.

In reply, Wistow struggled to get starts with seven players failing to score over five (including five ducks). David Kinlough was the sole shining light in the innings, knocking up an impressive 61 to almost drag his team over the line. Hayden Lane (4/40) was the pick of the Mount Barker bowlers with great support from Simon Turk (3/24).

Bremer/Callington v Hahndorf

Hahndorf retained their spot-on top of the ladder with a cruisy victory over Bremer/Callington. Bremer/Callington won the toss and batted first but were in immediate trouble Jarrad Tait running through their top order on his way to claim 5/33 from nine overs. Chris Schilling provided some resistance with a clean hitting 36 to get Bremer/Callington to a total of 115.

Andrew Baker (47) ensured there were to be no hiccups in the run chase combining with Tait (18) and Graydon Brand (21*) to get Hahndorf over the line. Mitchell Crisp bowled admirably for Bremer/Callington to take 3/28 from nine overs.

Nairne v Strathalbyn

Nairne claimed a vital four points to move into 5th spot after inflicting Strathalbyn’s first loss for the season. The Razorbacks won the toss and batted first with Robert Cook (47) getting the host’s off to a solid start. Luke Timmins (83*) took control of the innings once Cook was dismissed guiding Nairne to 5/198 from their allotted 45 overs. Timmins’ innings included 9 fours and 2 sixes. Brayden Gaiter was the pick of the Strathalbyn bowlers claiming 2/41.

In reply, it was a story of Strathalbyn batters getting good starts but not being able to go on with it. Captain Mark Abbott (31) and Steven Schofield (20) looked to give the Stallions the upper hand early but tight bowling from the Razorbacks ensured a comfortable 59 run victory. Jacob Sadler (3/28) and Michael Harden (2/16) were the best of the Nairne bowlers.

Lobethal v Woodside

Lobethal claimed their first win of the season against a more fancied opponent in Woodside. The Warriors won the toss and elected to bat but were in immediate trouble with wickets falling left, right and centre. Left reeling at 8/30, Woodside bowler Chris Baschiera (32) played a brilliant counter-attacking innings to get the Warriors to 99 and a small chance at victory. Mitchell Weeks (3/6) and Matt Martin (3/24) were the chief destroyers for Lobethal.

They say that the small totals are the trickiest chases, and this proved to be no exception with Woodside making it hard work for Lobethal. Weeks (22) again was pivotal in the match with Lachlan Bates guiding his team home with an unbeaten 27 as the Tigers claimed the win six down with four overs left to play. Sam Luck (2/11) and Dale Robinson (2/20) claimed two wickets a piece for Woodside.
by caleb777
Fri Nov 15, 2019 10:41 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Grade Cricket

Does anybody know what will become of the new sports complex at Mt Barker? It's looking pretty impressive already with the white picket fence and goal posts up. Will the Mt Barker Football Club and Cricket Club take over and/or will the SANFL and SACA look to play some SANFL League and/or Premier Cricket games on it?

Could a club such as Sturt begin a junior program there similar to this merger proposal, where there are two lots of junior teams (city and hills based in this case). Or could Adelaide University be given the area to develop juniors?

Just seems too good a facility to not be utilised at the top state level, particularly in such a growing area a stones throw from other growing towns such as Nairne, Littlehampton and even Strathalbyn and Murray Bridge.

Could we see a similar facility down south, or is there already a similar facility being built in Aldinga, with the new high school, that could be better utilised by SACA and the Southern District Cricket Club? It looks like there will be new cricket nets built, along with soccer/hockey etc.

It seems to me the SACA are so hell-bent on merging clubs they might be missing out on opportunities to utilise some of these great new facilities being built in the outer regions to benefit the game of cricket in this state.

The new sports complex wont be the home of either Barker footy or Cricket clubs rather it will be used by all members of the various HFL and AEHCA clubs. It is going to be amazing though.
by caleb777
Thu Jan 21, 2021 9:00 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Which grade clubs should go?

I'm a dad of a 12 yo lad who is slowly progressing through the bottom ages of district cricket, albeit through development squads.

He is an average kid in an average grade - and I'm not being defamatory about either, just saying he's not a star by all means. But what I've seen by way of tryouts and development squads makes me think that the top level is suffering because of the junior system underneath.

To be honest, I don't thing there is any 'development' at all. He is in a development squad and what I have seen is the coaches say "good shot" in the nets but nothing about technique, nothing about poor shot selection, nothing about building innings, nothing about partnerships, nothing about putting pressure on the bat by bowling consecutive maiden overs. Maybe that will come as he progresses. I don' t know. All I know is that when I speak to other district clubs at the same age group, all the parents say the same thing, it's very ordinarily managed. At our club, there is a disconnect between the development squad and the coaches at the next level. So when my son was selected at the next level, there wasn't any consideration for his batting position, fielding position, bowling position.

So, in summary, SACA need to install a policy/guideline about how the coaches need to 'coach' as a group. We as parents sit back and look at the juniors and then look at how SACA perform and marry the two up. It's disgracefully organised and shows through the grades right up to SACA level.

I should say that opposition clubs have called out a couple of clubs that have been exemplary in their organisation but unfortunately this isn't the norm.

I should add, before my son started trying out for district, i was of the same mind, that teams need to merge. Now, I'm not so sure that will fix anything.

Having been involved in coaching at the local level up in the hills i find this seriously concerning. Your son would get better coaching at nearly any of the junior clubs in the local league in the Adelaide Hills.

FWIW my vote for the mergers was as follows:

Southern/Glenelg - However base the club at Noarlunga and align them closely with the South Adelaide Panthers. That way everyone can benefit from the facilities. You cant lose the largest population and their access to cricket. There are incredibly strong cricket clubs in the southern area and if southern was allowed to die than that would be a real shame.

University/Prospect - Uni shouldnt be in the District system at all. They contribute nothing to junior cricket in the state and if they dont merge should piss off to turf.

Woodville/Port - similar siutation to Southern in that Port struggle for quality in almost every grade except the a grade. Merging port and woodville makes sense geographically.

In the end none of this will happen because too many clubs arent looking out for whats best for cricket in this state and only think of themselves.
by caleb777
Sun Dec 05, 2021 8:39 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Unbelievable result in the AEHCA prelim with Lobey getting over Creeks. Lobey chasing 183 down with a couple of overs to spare without their two main batters in Weeks and Matthews and their keeper Norsworthy. Huge result!
by caleb777
Sun Mar 13, 2022 9:16 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: HFL Division 1 (Central)

Barkeroo wrote:
wazzal77 wrote:Echunga for country division next year? If so any country clubs looking for the step up to Div 1?

You think they should go down? Or hearing that they want to?

Its already been announced that they won their appeal and are staying up next year.
by caleb777
Tue Aug 09, 2022 12:27 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Shark_Hunter wrote:Is YouTube the only way to get to the Frogbox streams?

Looks like the SACA youtube page has 3 live streams but no live scoring. What happened to Match Centre? That was awesome as you could see the highlights.
by caleb777
Sat Oct 08, 2022 2:04 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The quality of the live stream with no live scoring for something that is meant to be the pinnacle of club cricket in this state is nothing short of embarassing. Murraylands live streaming for a local company are a million times better than the garbage we get. Its not just play hg, its the whole setup. Its just a joke.
by caleb777
Sun Jan 15, 2023 9:06 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Some important results yesterday in the AEH which could have large impact on finals. Strath going up against the super strong Lobethal side with the three East Torrens A graders got thumped. Ryan King must have completed his suspension from East Torrens as i dont think you can play for another team while suspended.

Maccy going up against the bottom side Hahndorf felt they were a chance to leapfrog Strath into the four and control their destiny and play finals. Now they need Strath to lose probably both games against Nairne and Cally with Maccy playing Creeks in the final round. Maccy have Woodside away next week which is never a super easy place to play.

Great to see Hahndorf get some wins on the board. Theyve been thumped some weeks but have genuinely been competitive in most of their games. Awesome to see young quick Mitch Bannister get a 5 for as well.
by caleb777
Sun Feb 19, 2023 9:52 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

AEHCA

Congrats to Creek on going through the regular season undefeated.

Lobey and Nairne definitely have the potential of knocking them off as finals are funny games.

Strath limp in after a loss to Cally in the last round.

Maccy had 2 bites at getting into the finals but with losses to Hahndorf and Woodside in rd 16 and 17 will miss out.

My tip - Pretty hard to go past Creek. Probably have the deepest batting lineup with O Dea, Kropp, Dawson and Warren. Lobey still relies pretty heavily on Matthews and Weeks however Martin and Norsworthy can have their days.

Nairne just find ways to grind out wins with their incredibly disciplined bowling attack. If their batting can get them to 160ish its very hard to bet against them.

Strath are just a big unknown right now. Still have incredible quality with the bat in Cousins, Abbott and Harris and if Gaiter can regain fitness will lead the attack with the ball with the other Abbott still a reliable opening quick.
by caleb777
Sat Mar 04, 2023 9:43 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Creek are seriously in good touch right now. O Dea is just simply one of the best going around right now and proved it on the weekend. Lobey v Nairne next week at Lobey is absolutely anyone's game. Ill still tip Lobey with Matthews to make runs and Matt Martin to lead the attack. Just feel the home ground will give Lobey the slight edge. Lobey is a massive ground and they play it really well.

In the Junior grades GF's Hahndorf will play Nairne in the Under 16 grade and Lobethal will play Woodside in the Under 14 grade.
by caleb777
Sun Mar 12, 2023 7:57 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Cambrai break a 38 year drought by defending 6/126 against Gumeracha (rolled for just 73). In the B's Eden Valley tasted success for the first time in around 13-14 years, winning a higher scoring game by 13 runs, also against Gumeracha.

In the Hills, Stirling won the prelim against Aldgate, so will face Lofty next week. Stirling won a tight A2 final against Aldgate, while Basket Range claimed the A3s, capping off a rough day for Aldgate. Caught some of the action at Basket Range, magnificent spot to watch cricket. Seems Aldgate won the 16s and 14s.

Lobey beat Nairne by around 50 in the A's prelim, Mt Barker thumped Woodside by 10 wickets to claim the A2s, Lobey over Creek in the B's, Ashbourne came from 4th to beat Woodside in the C's and Maccy won the D's in a low scoring game, despite initially "losing" their semi the week before. Lobey had a comfortable win in the 14s, and Hahndorf spanked Nairne by 10 wickets in the 16s.
Basket Range is a beautiful oval to watch/play cricket at. Up there with Wistow for best view from an oval in the Hills (I may be biased ;) )

Would agree with you there, Wistow is a wonderful place to play and watch cricket. I never got to play at Ashbourne as they had dropped to a2s by the time i arrived at hahndorf but that looks like a beautiful place to play as well.
by caleb777
Tue Mar 21, 2023 11:38 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Some netball associations do that

Send out a list of the players who have qualified for finals for each team

Such a crushing thing for a club. The poor volunteer who made the error would be distraught. A whole year down the tubes and no intent to stack the team with a higher grade player or a jet fill in, which is what the rule is there to prevent

Punishment doesn't fit

Harsh it may seem but how often does this situation occur? Teams know they cant do it on purpose. Yes it was an honest mistake and I feel for the volounteer who made the error but given the rarity of this happening i cant see how a rule change is really necessary. I think there is enough admin in this game. I think as soon as you start altering the rules for lower grades it just gets messy.

In saying that PLAYHQ has been simply the biggest pile of excrement to hit community sport in the history of our game. It is simply horrific.
by caleb777
Mon Mar 20, 2023 9:41 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

AEHCA Tips for RD 1

Creek v Cally. Creek too strong. Cally with no Nate Fitzgerald looks a much weaker side.

Lobey v Nairne. Lobey look very strong with the return of young Hackett plus Martin, Matthews and Weeks. No Hein boys for Nairne are fairly significant absences for the Razorbacks.

Maccy v Hahndorf. Hahndorf got up last year over Maccy towards the end of the season which really wrecked Maccy's charge for the finals. Hahndorf look reasonably strong now with the return of Hudson T-Walker to help Jenner with the bat, however Maccy still have quality with Barrett and did thump Hahndorf by 10 wickets last season. Maccy in a very close one.

Woodside v Strath. Woodside look a bit thin bowling wise with a few names i dont recognise however it is at Woodside where they are a very tricky team to play against. Collins, Bash and Johns will need to get wickets but with no Abbott's named for Strath expect Woodside to get up and Wingers to score plenty unless Gaiter can get him early.
by caleb777
Fri Oct 06, 2023 9:18 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |