Re: Great Southern Football League

Looks like Adam Thompson is at Yank.
http://vimeo.com/76796122
by BAYSRULE
Mon Oct 14, 2013 9:30 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Sold the pool table for $600 which left us $9400 short.
by LuvsFooty
Mon Oct 28, 2013 8:55 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Victor harbour had a spectator run out on the field yesterday and start shaping up to two of mclarens key forwards! Credit to the victor players telling him to get off the field and another spectator dragging him off the field but a terrible look for the football club when he was drinking in the club after the game! The same group of guys in the pocket provide some good banter from the sidelines every time we play at victor but when one comes onto the field like that it could get nasty quite quickly! Hopefully victor act and get those lads in line or get rid of them!
by PK12
Sun Apr 13, 2014 12:16 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Saw one of the funniest things on saturday - A certain A grade player from Mt Compass who doesn't mind getting on the lip a lot, hold the ball up in the air, right in front of the grandstand at Compass & yell to the Mypo crowd "who's got the ball". He then proceeded to kick it into the man on the mark & watch him run right pass him a kick a goal from about 40m out. I'm sure the other half of his family (involved at pongy) will let him know about for awhile! :oops: :oops: :lol:
by words of wisdom
Tue Apr 15, 2014 1:29 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Southern Football League

Mister Footy wrote:Yep lets get the footy to do the talking

Good to hear there is already quality prospects showing interest in job

Yep, I hear the main candidate is Owen..........

Owen Five 8)
by petoe
Sat May 09, 2015 11:37 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Club Payments Crackdown

Anyone that thinks unregulated football budgets for community football leagues are harmless and won't affect them need a lesson in fundamental supply and demand economics.

It's a similar story to how unaffordability in the housing market is actually extremely dangerous for real estate investors. As it's impossible for people to buy a property, the demand decreases, when demand decreases, you have an oversupply, when you have an oversupply the value of the good drops, when the value of the good drops investors start to sell, which exacerbates the oversupply and the market "crashes".

In order to be competitive some football clubs and leagues have effectively created a market bubble by overpaying and over inflating football budgets. As clubs struggle to remain competitive and generate enough revenue, the market of playing football becomes unaffordable for those clubs, then they start shutting their doors. As there is nowhere local or convenient to play for the kids of the area the demand to play football drops and they decide on Soccer or Basketball or Video Games instead. After a while there are more clubs than there are kids to fill them and the football market crashes. The feed of young men that these high playing leagues and clubs are so greedily snapping up all of sudden won't be there anymore. They'll be playing Soccer. Those clubs will then become a victim to the same economic cycle and will have to shut their doors, or reduce the number of sides or junior programs...

Is this what we want? Clubs folding, leagues dropping away, reduced junior programs and kids choosing Soccer? Just so you can have a paid-for-premiership? It seems unimaginable but let's stop pretending that this is a Country vs Metro issues or an SANFL vs GSFL issue. It's more profound and critical than that. This is a survival of the sport issue. It has to be done - some clubs might feel like they're being dealt the rough end of the stick, but regulating and controlling football budgets will ensure that the stick only hurts a little bit now so that they can survive and be around in 2050 to enjoy the sport.
by morell
Mon Jul 13, 2015 10:55 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Club Payments Crackdown

It's really only the soft kids and families with over protective parents that are moving to soccer anyway.
by Q.
Mon Jul 13, 2015 3:36 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

An environmentalist's financial institution?
by Look Good In Leather
Sun Nov 22, 2015 12:19 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I was teaching down south one day and I asked what their fathers did for a living
"My Dad runs the fire station. He's the station officer," said Simon whose dad played for the Emus
"Very good, Simon. Anyone else?"
"My Dad runs the local prison," piped up Billy whose dad played for the Hawks
"Excellent, Billy. Is he the prison governor?" I asked.
"No, sir, he's just the hardest c*nt in there."
by Esteban Vihaio
Thu Nov 26, 2015 10:27 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |