Search found 26 matches

Return

Re: SAAFL Division 7 2014

great catch wrote:Anyone's thoughts on who to look out for in 2014

All eyes on Smithfield and their handful of new recruits.
by Q.
Tue Nov 19, 2013 12:30 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

good, now shut up
by Q.
Tue Nov 19, 2013 9:12 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

your an absolute flog marbles.

do you even think about the garbage you write?

doing your club no favours with your crazy opinions

blah zzzz your level of opinion aint worth time of day , just come on here take a swipe at anyone, make no contribution to discussion

what your really saying is that your an insecure flog, and you'd like me to be a flog too. cant help ya there champ but keep flogging, youll find someone

well it clearly was because u replied you fool

flog on, flog off

know one cares about your dramas in the C/D Garde at Henley get over it
by Cash 123
Wed Nov 20, 2013 3:19 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

great catch wrote:Yeah mate we have picked up a dozen at least, should be a good year for us we just wanna take it one week at a time

how do you feel about the restrictions, in particular, loss of premiership points tied to any suspensions?
by Q.
Fri Feb 28, 2014 2:59 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

pencil in smithfield for the flag then :) ....... if thats the case ill jump ship and sign up today and collect my medal :)
by Robb_Stark
Thu Mar 20, 2014 11:56 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

How does training have nothing to do with it you have rocks in your head! It's all about fitness and skills without that your hopeless, and for the other teams who cares if your playing some c grade clubs most of them go up and down in there a grade and b grade I know a few blokes from Henley that played a grade, but now just wanna have a kick with there mates, but yet they still get asked to play a's cause there absolute guns!

zedman has a great football brain, he's just stating that you guys will canter it in with the talent in the side. Unless you all put on 15 kilo's and everyone takes up smoking 2 packets a day anything short of a premiership is under-achieving.
There's plenty of work to do and as players you can't take any game lightly but your group is head and shoulders better than any other in the division.
by Lightning McQueen
Mon Apr 14, 2014 3:58 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Sick of hearing stuff like this how many times do we gotta say it, we don't think we are the best in the comp why get ahead of yourself that's when it all goes to crap
Get used to it.
No one said that Smithfield think they are the best in the comp, you guys can be humble and quiet and respectful about how you go about it, but at the end of the day to the greater footballing community they view you (Smithfield) as the team to beat.

How can ppl get on here and say smithfield will win the flag easy? There has only been 2 games played.. Are ya trying to say that so if smithfield dont win the GF you can jump on here and start saying "smithfield shouldve won the flag" "they shouldve flogged every team" blah blah blah.
Having watching Smithfield last season, I thought they were amongst the best sides in the division then and were the biggest threat to Ingle Farm.
This season same div minus Ingle Farm & Angle Vale and have recruited some very capable 'ins' they are going to be a lot stronger.
As for people jumping on here and saying stuff, you'll never win - someone will always sling shit about something unfortunately.
by Phantom Gossiper
Tue Apr 15, 2014 9:05 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

SMiffies have obviously been a standout in the A grade this year.

However, for them to even be here in 2014, they signed and agreed to a stringent set of rules arising from many incidents during the 2013 season. To my knowledge, I don't think they are the only club on such an agreement.

As a result of incidents coming out of an U18's match, the U18's have been disqualified from competition. The club as a whole has lost 8 premiership points and have probably been fined heavily as per their terms and conditions of their affiliation agreement.

This must be crushing to the A grade folk who have worked very hard to be where they are now but unfortunately they were aware of the implications of playing up.

Best of luck to Great Catch and our other Smiffy posters for the rest of the year. I'm sure they'll play hard but fair like the team we're all used to.
by Footy Chick
Mon Jun 30, 2014 11:02 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

SMiffies have obviously been a standout in the A grade this year.

However, for them to even be here in 2014, they signed and agreed to a stringent set of rules arising from many incidents during the 2013 season. To my knowledge, I don't think they are the only club on such an agreement.

As a result of incidents coming out of an U18's match, the U18's have been disqualified from competition. The club as a whole has lost 8 premiership points and have probably been fined heavily as per their terms and conditions of their affiliation agreement.

This must be crushing to the A grade folk who have worked very hard to be where they are now but unfortunately they were aware of the implications of playing up.

Best of luck to Great Catch and our other Smiffy posters for the rest of the year. I'm sure they'll play hard but fair like the team we're all used to.

Yeah, agreed FC. Good luck facing them over the next week or so, they'll be pumped. :D
by Yank Man
Mon Jun 30, 2014 11:35 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I'm sure Webber would've love to kick a 100 it's a great achievement but a flag is what we play for and I'm sure when you win it he won't worry about not getting 100.

I agree with you, if we do win it, but say for example you are playing cricket and comes to the
last game, you need to make 4 runs to average 100 for your career, and the opposition forfeits ??? :lol:
by panthers
Fri Aug 01, 2014 11:42 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SAAFL division 5 2014

Scotty webber can slot em.
by one day I will
Tue Oct 07, 2014 8:44 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ch9 AFL Division 6 - 2015

n.lynch to para hills haha

Lynchy is a great guy & provided good years of service to the club as well as being a premiership vice captain. He was upfront & honest with his requests to go back to his old club to play for what is sadly, possibly the last season at Para Hills for an unwell friend.

I can see how you'd find that funny... :roll:

Because as is quite often the case, marbles shoots his mouth off without knowing the facts. As has been proven on here for a long while, the bloke is a deadset tool.
by X Runna
Thu Feb 05, 2015 3:40 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Q. wrote:He'll get found out in D6. No C-grade teams to kick easy goals against.

Gilling going to Div 6?
by S Demon
Tue Feb 10, 2015 5:10 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I see smithfield have picked up Mick Ashby. Very handy inclusion, he is gonna dominate div 6.
by AndersonWalkWarrior
Fri Feb 13, 2015 6:03 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Footy Chick wrote:If it was good enough for the AFL and SANFL for years, then it's good enough for us.

Stop yer whinging.

Rubbish.
by Arch44
Wed Mar 04, 2015 10:37 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Understand that is an option but surely having a home game and event night at the club on the same day is still better than not playing at all? I cant see how having a bye is better than not playing at all.
by Arch44
Wed Mar 04, 2015 11:43 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Q. wrote:Also, a bye gives volunteers a break during the season and may actually encourage an increase in volunteering or at least assist with retention rates.

Brahma Lodge would save $10K in match payments.
by Lightning McQueen
Wed Mar 04, 2015 11:59 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

We are in the comp to play footy not have weeks off. We already get the June long weekend off.
by Arch44
Wed Mar 04, 2015 12:03 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Footy Chick wrote:FFS, you're all getting 8 bloody home games! :roll:

Bitch for the sake of having a bitch why don't ya...

Oh no I have an opinion that's different to every one else :shock:
Yep and it should be 9 home games.
by Arch44
Thu Mar 05, 2015 10:01 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

great catch wrote:So going by a few trials that have been what's peoples later predictions?

Smithfield then Daylight.
by carey
Tue Mar 17, 2015 7:06 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: CH9AFL Division 5, 2016

Smithfield milestone game this week, Paul van Dongen 'Donga' has played 450 games for Smithfield. A true club legend and gentleman of the game, well done mate.
by Dangeroos
Thu Apr 07, 2016 10:55 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: CH9AFL Division 5, 2016

Pretty handy forward line developing at Smithfield, if they play the smaller pockets of St. Dom's correctly they'll cause some damage with the delivery of the likes of Garner, Gollan, Cook and Lane.
You forgot stewert, best delivery in the side.
Wasn't sure if Matty was playing this week, I had typed him initially.
by Lightning McQueen
Fri May 20, 2016 11:32 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 7 - 2018

Smithfield Eastern Park Webber, Scott Approved 2017-11-02 2018-04-05
Eastern Park Smithfield Webber, Scott Approved 2018-04-06 2018-04-06
Smithfield Barossa Light and Gawler Football Association Webber, Scott Approved 2018-05-30 2018-06-04
Barossa Light and Gawler Football Association Central United Webber, Scott Denied 2018-07-07 2018-07-10

Channeling his inner Marc Cox
Yeah wow,talk about a headache for football clubs,coachs that have invested or used points for his services,hopefully he can stay committed to the units for the remainder of the season,to be honest i dont really care if he dosent it will be just another one that bites the dust in his eyes,and a new club shirt to the collection.
by coman
Wed Jul 11, 2018 12:00 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 5 - 2019

great catch wrote:
The Bedge wrote:Still waiting for Smiffies to pull the trigger.. hearing around the traps that Adrian Wilson & Chrissy Mclean may be on their way as well now..

Wilson yes McLean no

.. and you're back also ;)
by The Bedge
Fri Nov 02, 2018 4:28 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2021 Adel Footy League - Division 5

Knapp exceptional. Got a strong group including like Diedrichsen, Webber, Tuckwell and Burgoyne I thought was handy. Wasn’t pretty but it was a high intensity match.
by LaughingKookaburra
Sat Apr 10, 2021 8:04 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2022 Adelaide Footy League - Division 5

More comebacks then Johnny Farnham
by scottroo
Tue Mar 01, 2022 11:04 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |