29. Michael Taylor
14. Garry Mcintosh
29. Michael Taylor
8. Michael Aish
29. Michael Taylor
7. Kieth Thomas
29. Michael Taylor
44. Tom Warhurst

Did I mention Michael Taylor? Absolute Champion.
by Moe
Thu Sep 29, 2011 7:25 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: ASCA 2013/14.

Someone suggested having half time entertainment in the form of bowling at Moe in the middle to raise more money for beyond blue!
Crazy idea I reckon.
Especially after 21 stubbies.
by Moe
Fri Feb 07, 2014 1:07 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: ASCA 2013/14.

Sunday: Very long day.
Head sore, guts not good & shoulder aching.
Lifting about 38 stubbies & 17 rum and cola cans, plus 7 balls of express pace bowled at Scotty Luders for charity. One has only just landed from memory.
Great day & night though, once again, from memory, which fades from about 9.30ish.
Well done WYC and hope skinny enjoyed his 60th!!!!
by Moe
Mon Feb 10, 2014 11:52 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 4 discussion

woodublieve12 wrote:leaning towards giving Pendles the captians role this week. But it's hard to take it of Gaz got 150 the last time these teams met...

Pendles for the big VC and captaincy loophole if he goes nuts
by Moe
Fri Apr 11, 2014 2:45 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: ROUND 7 DISCUSSION

What is the most players, who have either started as sub, or have been subbed out early, anybody has had in their team in one week.
Thus far this week i have 4, L.Mcdonald, S.Mitchell, A.Georgiou & B.Jack.
I left Billy Hartung on the bench thinking he would get less game time than B.Jack.
This thing is no Fun anymore.
I watch footy differently, and now 8 year old Moe junior is making better trades than Moe senior.
by Moe
Sun May 04, 2014 3:20 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: REB's Birthday

Never met the bloke, but think he does a great job.
Supports two great teams as well, therefore must have great taste.
If he likes James Boag, Bundy rum and a good steak, I would say he was nearly perfect.
Happy Birthday old bean.
Have a duff on the house.
by Moe
Sat May 17, 2014 7:30 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: JUNIOR FOOTBALL

If my kids had to wait until it had an "Unofficial" win this year to sing the club song, we would not have sung it yet.
Fortunately though, I am not that mean, and we sing it every week. It is under 8's for gods sake.
It is bad enough that the kids cant keep score, yet we all know we have lost, unofficially, and singing the song in a huddle is one of the fun things they get to do every game. As well as the freddo frog they all get.

Happy Valley: I just shake my head at you. It is the only club in the last 3 seasons I have had any sort of run in with involving Under 8 football.
1 extremely over zealous coach last year, and 1 over officiating orange coated lady the year before.
by Moe
Thu Jun 26, 2014 10:24 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

If my kids had to wait until it had an "Unofficial" win this year to sing the club song, we would not have sung it yet.
Fortunately though, I am not that mean , and we sing it every week. It is under 8's for gods sake.
It is bad enough that the kids cant keep score, yet we all know we have lost, unofficially, and singing the song in a huddle is one of the fun things they get to do every game. As well as the freddo frog they all get .

Happy Valley: I just shake my head at you. It is the only club in the last 3 seasons I have had any sort of run in with involving Under 8 football.
1 extremely over zealous coach last year, and 1 over officiating orange coated lady the year before.

I'm not mean... I certainly understand why you sing the song, especially at that age...

Like you though i made it enjoyable, that's the point... However i've only ever coached U/11's and U/13's. No doubt my thoughts would change if i ever coached the little ones.
My intention was not to mean, that you are mean old son.
Apologies
by Moe
Fri Jun 27, 2014 1:34 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Well done Cove on running a good u8 carnival today, great weather and much better using the soccer oval to spread out the games.

Reynella Black and Porties tied in the GF and decided to share the shield, great work.

Shame they are going to take away the competitive aspect next year, kids love the day whether they win, lose or draw!
Great day at the Cove yesterday.
Our first year kids had a ball, and the parents did as well.
Our second year "bigger" kids, who are all still quite small were magnificent.
The Morphy Parks mosquito fleet left it to the very last game of the year to show what they were made of and Moe the coach is very proud.
Thanks to the Hackham boys for helping out setting up my marquee, and yes, I did do it wrong the first time.
Congrats to Reynella, and I hope the percentage builder against us helped you through.

There really needs to be some clarification on some umpiring aspects in regards to barging & ripping the ball out of kids hands though.
All in all the umpires who are all quite young did a good job.
by Moe
Mon Aug 04, 2014 12:00 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I saw one game in front of your tent Moe that did look a fair bit like rugby, good thing is it will only take a small adjustment/coaching and he will be a good umpire.

My lad loved the day, had high expectations as they had a good year, but got bundled out after 3 games. While disappointed it was actually good to have a chat with him about how sometimes you win and sometimes you lose and you have to take the good with the bad . Kids need to learn how to win and lose with pride and thats the problem I have with them taking away the competitive aspect of the day.
Excellent point Dutchy. Kids have to realize things are no always handed to them on a platter, and hard work is needed to succeed in everything.
Some parents need to realize the same thing, and winning a carnival is not the be all, and end all in life.
My players have lost every Sunday game this season, (even though we don't keep score), but they never stopped trying. We started the year with 27 players and ended with 33. No one gave up. No one left. I am proud of that.
by Moe
Mon Aug 04, 2014 1:39 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Southern Football League

Take your blinkers off Moe - anyone would think your mob are a bunch of saints and I dont mean the Christies type :shock:

Why dont you concentrate on fixing your club getting some juniors and a B grade that score more than a point. :shock: :shock: :shock:
You forgot to mention our pasty shaped oval & the over hanging tree as well.
Our B grade might have only scored a point, but we fielded a side.
We also have juniors as well, just not the "full contingent" on Saturdays like we all keep being reminded about by everyone.
Our Auskick is strong, under 8's, 10's, 12's, 16's & 18's.
We have 4 primary schools which feed us players, only 1 of those has a football program.
We have 1 high school in our zone, which doesn't have a sports program let alone football.
We draw players from Sacred Heart, which puts college football first.
We are busting our nuts trying to get juniors, trust me I know as I am a junior coach.
Since Glengowrie High closed in 1987 our senior colt numbers have never recovered. Before that our senior colts were very strong. I know as I played in an Under 18 premiership.
Maybe change your name to "Mister I have no effing idea about Footy".
by Moe
Thu Aug 27, 2015 8:56 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SA Footy Golf Day

I would be interested on November 1st at Regency.
My handicap of 24 (which I never play to) might be the highest in the field, but I drink lots.
by Moe
Thu Aug 27, 2015 8:59 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: ASCA

I heard a whisper that Steven Thomas has retired.
Congratulations mate on a great career in ASCA.
I still remember fondly our first A grade section 1 premiership in 27 years at Morphy Parks, of which you played a massive part in.
Very intelligent recruiting by myself I must say.
And that retirement lasted less than a week.

Welcome back John Farnham
by Moe
Mon Dec 14, 2015 11:14 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Yes, heart felt sorrow for Robbie Hopkins for his tragic loss.
To repeat Madrooster, thoughts to all at the WYC Cricket Club.
Saturdays result will run a distant second to anything else.
by Moe
Tue Jan 12, 2016 9:18 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The SANFL's most infamous incident?

1978 gf and "that decision" made by Des Foster.
Obviouly the correct call
by Moe
Sun Feb 14, 2016 6:19 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Rosewater FC - Public Notice

The under 12 team I coach from Morphettville Park played Rosewater at home last Sunday.

Not having ventured down to this neck of the woods in my 30 odd years of playing and coaching, and having only rad the press regarding Rosewater, I was a bit hesitant in what to expect.

I would like to offer my sincere thanks, and congratulations to the Rosewater Junior football club.

The Junior President met and greeted me, and showed me where our changerooms were, then spoke to all my officials before the game. I sought out Rosewater's under 12 coach before the game, as I always do, and he was extremely nice, and agreed that it was about the kids, and the result would be of no consequence.

The game was played in great spirits, the umpiring was excellent, and after the game all of Rosewater's coaching team came over and shook hands, and congratulated all the players.

I have written to Mr. Kernahan and conveyed that it was one of the more enjoyable junior games I have been involved with.

Kudos to everyone at Rosewater FC.

PS. Canteen facilities were first rate, and even had Farmers Union Iced Coffee, which is a must on game day for this coach.
by Moe
Tue May 02, 2017 3:06 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Your poison of choice?

amber_fluid wrote:
Moe wrote:I have been enjoying the Jerry Sailor rum quite a bit lately.

Certainly gives me a misty head the day after though.

I'm having a couple quiet Sailors now whilst the wife and kids are out.
Some lime and lemon thrown in, it goes alright.

Take it easy :drinkers:
by Moe
Thu May 18, 2017 8:23 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Grand Final Tickets: Dos and don'ts

In 2008 myself and 2 others bought 3 tickets for $550 each off an MCG member (from memory).
We drove over on the Friday and had to meet this bloke on St.Kilda road at 8.30pm.

We arrived in the car to a street packed and found the guy on a street corner (like a hooker). We had a bit of a stand off:

"Can we look at the tickets"?
"Show me the money"
"Tickets first"
"Show me the money"

We did the old hand over at the same time thing.

He bolted.

Thought we were F&*$%d.

The tickets turned out to be real thank christ, and I went to my first & only GF.

The result wasnt great, but the experience was fantastic.
by Moe
Sat Sep 16, 2017 7:51 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Hills Cricket (HCA, TVCA & A&EH)

Tony Clifton wrote:
Dutchy wrote:Happy Valley left HCA, too hard for them?

Where are they playing?

Adelaide & Suburban
by Moe
Wed Sep 27, 2017 10:43 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Geelong 2017

So, is it Dangerwood Jnr now?
by Moe
Thu Oct 19, 2017 7:28 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that you are looking forward to

Dont think I will have the opportunity to play with either of my sons, but I coach them in both cricket & footy at Morphy Parks, and my daughter as well now in under 10 cricket. It is a great feeling, and very rewarding.
I followed my dad to cricket at Sturt District in the early 80's every Saturday & Sunday for years. He was B grade team manager, and I was scoreboard attendant, then scorer. Some of the happiest days of my life.
by Moe
Fri Nov 03, 2017 11:24 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: BBL 2017/2018

I am a cricket tragic.
I have been since I was 3, and I was taken to the Adelaide test by my dad, where I spent the entire day in the corner of the Chappell bar (apparently).
This tradition continued until I was 6, then I was allowed to roam free around the back of the stands, as my dad knew everyone (a big name in the district scene), until I was 9.
Years 10-16 were spent in the stand, with my own scorebook.
Then I was allowed to drink with the "men".
I went to the first day of the test with my dad for 34 years, and unfortunately, that is not an option anymore.
I looked forward to starting the same tradition with my own son, and if it wasnt for the BBL, this probably would never have eventuated.

I dont care about the standard. It has been the sole reason all 3 of my kids are playing cricket, including my daughter. In fact little Miss Moe is infatuated with cricket now, and loves going to watch it, whether it be our B grade at Morphy Parks, or whoever.
She has asked me to take her to the test match next year, and I cant wait.

T20 might not be for the purists, but I thank it for getting my kids interested.

Cheers,
Moe.
by Moe
Wed Jan 10, 2018 6:42 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Asahi?

Pronounced ASS AH HE

Moe would know :lol:
by Moe
Sun Feb 11, 2018 6:31 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AdFl Junior codes

There are obviously a lot of SA Footy members as passionate about junior footy on here as I am.

FWIW, I coach for 3 main reasons.
1. Because my kids play
2. To give my kids the same opportunity that I had and the sense of belonging and mateship that I got out of being part of a club.
3. To give back to my club.

I played junior footy in the late mid to late 80's in the southern footy league, and it was a good standard and tough brand of footy, and I can only remember 1 really unsavoury act in 1988 against Reynella in Under 16's.
I coached in SFL juniors at the tender age of 20, and apart from skills etc. I taught the kids to
a. Respect themselves
b. Respect their team mates
c. Respect their coaches
d. Respect the umpires
e. Respect the jumper
f. Respect the game

It is the same now. Coaching the same group from Auskick through to 13's.

The answer you ask locky801?

Starts at home obviously. This generation of parents just havent got it right, and the next generation of namby pamby dogooding, politically correct, soft ass approach to discipline we see coming through now are not going to help.

Coaches are the next step. Its obvious some clubs struggle to get coaches to fill so many positions in so many junior teams, and some are well out of their depth, but its not their fault, at least they are putting their hand up.

I also think that we should go back to the 2 year gap approach, ie. 8's,10's,12's, 14's etc.
It allows teams who are smaller and younger 1 year, to perhaps be the bigger stronger kids the following season. It could also help reduce the number of coaches needed.
I would reduce the size of the oval in under 12's from a full oval as well. Some of these grounds are massive and apart from helping the flow of play, it means coaches, officials and umpires can watch behind the play a little easier.

Anyway, these are just my thoughts.

Cheers.
Moe
by Moe
Thu May 10, 2018 7:47 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 3 - 2018

Is it possible to have a rivalry if you haven't played for 29 years?
Yes, my oath it is possible.

I joined as a junior in 1986 and promptly learned Plympton v Morphies was Norwood v Port stuff. It stemmed through every grade.
Both were pretty powerful teams back then and they were always ding dong battles.
A few players swapped clubs and made the rivalry very real.

As mentioned earlier, the Morphett Arms front bar has been full of these past players and characters for years and years, and even though we were not playing each other, the ribbing of each others failures, boasting of our own successes and constant banter has kept it alive.

Even when our cricket sides play each other the rivalry is there, sometimes even more so.
by Moe
Sat May 26, 2018 7:33 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Are any clubs are struggling in junior grades for numbers from under 10's through to 16's?

I have no intentions to poach junior players, but if kids are missing out on club cricket in any grade, we will welcome them, even for 1 season.

Some clubs have a lot of juniors, some have none. Morphy Parks are in the middle.

I just want kids playing cricket.

Ring our Junior Coordinator Roachie on 0448680231.

He's a great bloke :D
by Moe
Wed Aug 22, 2018 2:15 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

JapsEye wrote:Cove A grade would have to be the worst section 1 side in ASCA history.
Getting rolled for 95 against Porties is truly embarrassing!

Cove's side, like most Section 1 teams, would smash all others on their"day".
Looks like they had a bad day.

Bloody good team IMHO.
by Moe
Wed Nov 14, 2018 6:31 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: All time ODI XI

Australian XII

M.Waugh
A.Gilchrist
R.Ponting
D.Jones
D.Lehmann
M.Bevan
A.Border
S.Waugh (when he was fit to bowl)
S.Warne
D.K.Lillee
G.Mcgrath
12th. Man: Doug Walters

Good team.
I’d leave Lehman out and find a spot for Hussey or Hayden.
What about Steve Smith?
His record is pretty good.

All would be good inclusions. Lehmann gets my nod for:
A. South Australian
B. Plays spin very well
C. Game changer
D. Can bowl in a clinch
E. He is not Steve Smith
by Moe
Fri Mar 01, 2019 8:26 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SANFL Junior codes

Was anyone actually there???
1 blue card for Unley spectator before half time.

1 blue card for Plympton coach late in 3rd quarter. Loudly questioning a holding the ball decision, which was not given, no swearing involved, but you simply cannot do it.
1 blue card for Plympton assistant coach (or close by), for audibly questioning first blue card.

Let's not hang people out to dry too quickly.

The bottom line is this: Too many clubs are putting Junior Premierships ahead of developing good juniors, and good people. Some parents are disgraceful, and are destroying it for everyone else.

I am no angel. I am the only person who has ever received a blue card at our club. I audibly yelled out "Thats a sling tackle" in under 10s years ago. I shouldn't have, took my punishment. Side note, it was a sling tackle.
by Moe
Mon Aug 26, 2019 1:41 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

So the results are In....
The SANFL JUNIORS dropped Flagstaff Hill and Athelstone
down from Div 3 to Div 4 in the U/14 grade.

Results

Flagstaff Hill def Morphettville Pk (4th) by ... 85 pts
Athelstone def Angle Vale (3rd) by 126 pts

Pencil in those two teams for the Grand Final

Well played SANFL JUNIORS

I really hope you are not involved with the kids with that attitude, we got smashed in Div 3 by 96, 46 & 49 points in 1st 3 rounds, so how do you expect us to not be considered to drop down a div?
If you consider 46 & 49 points smashings, then you haven't been involved in junior sport long enough. You conviniently leave out your 3 point loss, forget to mention you were still scoring ok enough as well.
Please tell me why every player is a permit player, allowing you to swap any player you want in and out of your teams from Saturday/Sunday sides at will. Obviously depends who you are playing in SFL on Saturday who comes out/in.

If, as your club says, you joined Sanfl junior's because you had 30 kids missing out on a game each week, you need to have a minimum of 7 players playing 2 games per weekend, and having under 15 players from your Saturday teams play again on Sunday. I thought you had plenty of kids spare.

You have made a mockery of the rules, and now a mockery of the division.
Lost a few games?
Boo hoo.

And I've been involved in junior sport for 25 years.
This is THE biggest joke I've ever been unfortunate enough to witness.
Seems as if Broken down old hack may have more idea than you thought.
Athelstone v Flagstaff Hill grand final.

Well done SANFL, well done.
by Moe
Sun Sep 01, 2019 10:08 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

So what would have you done if you ran the league?

In our u16.5 comp Broadview came down from Div 1 and have been undefeated since and will make the GF. They beat us by 90 points but no complaints here as no system is going to be perfect and 95% of people Ive spoken with agree that they have a good balance to ensure competitive games.
I'm glad you asked, as I'm sure you value my opinion.

Firstly, scores should be kept at all levels. It gets kids used to the fact that sometimes in sport, and life, you lose. They keep scores in every sport I know of in young ages, so why not footy.

Secondly. Get rid of regrading. Why do we need regrading? How can it be deemed fair to regrade after 4 games, when you haven't played each team once yet? There was 5 divisions in under 14's. If you finish top in one division this season, then you go up a division in 15's, and down a division if you finish bottom. Just like seniors.

In Division 4, where Flagstaff Hill and Athelstone gate crashed, FH had played the 2nd, 3rd & 8th side, plus a 3 point loss to Athelstone. Ath had played the sides finishing 1,7 & 8. They weren't disgraced, neither were your mob.
In division 3, Pooraka & TTG were dropped to D4 & neither of their results were too lopsided either in rounds 1-4.

Now, in my conversation with a particularly narky chap at SANFL, I asked "How do you think Seaton feel now? Already getting flogged, and you add more teams to bash up on them"? His reply was a curt, "They have to take their losses!"
Smacks of contradiction to me.

There are many cases of regrading this year alone, in many age groups, that have resulted in ridiculous outcomes. Check PHOS in under 13's being down graded.

Thirdly, no club should have 2 teams in the one division. Glenunga in under 12's the perfect example. Mind you, Glenunga have a history of stacking sides in juniors.

Next, to cut out the idiots on the sideline, any audible crap, or badgering the umps, should result in an instant free kick against. It will shut the bloody idiot coaches, and runners from carrying on like dills all match.

Lastly, if clubs want to join SANFL juniors, play by the bloody rules. When Morphettville Park joined, we were given explicit rules to abide by. It seems they went out the window for Flagstaff Hill.
We left the SFL because the clubs up the hill and down south wanted their country style atmosphere, and have all the juniors on Saturday.
Don't come knocking on the door when you have a few kids missing out on a game cos theres no under 14 comp in SFL. Put them in 15's and leave the 13's in 13's.

Someone has to finish bottom in all divisions, I know, weve been there. The mummies and daddies of FH didn't like that much.

I really hope Athelstone win this weekend, but I suspect FH will load up their "Developmental team" with all their SANFL league team squad members, just like you did in round 6.

Moe out.
by Moe
Wed Sep 04, 2019 2:16 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Richmond vs Geelong Prelim

How did Dusty go last night? Apparently I put money on him to win the Gary Ayres medal before the game last night.

That drunk you can log on and place a bet but can't remember doing it? Sure.
Mate, I do all sorts of stupid things when I'm drunk, it's scary checking my accounts the next morning and working out what I do.
Do random things around the house too like leave knives and forks in the fridge, leave my pillow in the bathroom, wake up lost in the walk in robe, etc. Last week I found the toothbrush holder filled up with water next to my bed. I think I have the early signs of dementia!
Have also bought cruises, tickets to NRL finals, etc. A couple of small bets is the least of my worries! I should leave my phone at home on nights out! :lol:

Edit: Just found I put another $50 in one of my betting accounts at 2am this morning despite it already having plenty in it, no idea why! :lol:
Your phone obviously needs one of those breathalyser locks on it. :D
by Moe
Sat Sep 21, 2019 7:20 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: BBL 2019/20

T/20 just doesn't hold my attention anymore. Test cricket different story, will watch every ball.
Ditto.. sadly though and this will probably sound weird, but I think it's because I am bored of the T20 game - like when it first started the big hits etc were good because it was fresh but now you know pretty much what you're going to get.

Just doesn't seem to be the same intrigue as their once was, and frankly appears less tactical side.

It just fails to hold my interest for any length of time sadly.. even things like taking a wicket seem to be less interesting.. it just feels to me like a 3hr centre wicket practise you'd have at your local cricket club.
It's cricket, therefore I love it.

It has gotten my kids, especially my daughter involved, and now she plays in an all girls team, which I coach, and she plays friday nights in an all girls league, plus Sunday against boys, and I think thats fantastic.

New Years Eve as a (nearly) 48 year old is a real great night with all my family, and friends (some newly formed at the BBL).

I think its great.
by Moe
Wed Dec 18, 2019 6:45 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Grade Cricket

Fair win by the Jets

7/47 chasing Sturt's 258 and got there 9 down
Close game in the Bs too!

Jets were 7/238 chasing Sturt's 240... then lost 3/1 to lose by 1 run. Amazing
Reminds me of a game back in the early 80's when I was a young lad scoring for Sturt at then called Hawthorn oval.
Sturt B grade made about 165, and TTG (I think), lost 5 for 1, to lose by 1 run. A bloke named Stephen Rule took 4/0 in 2 overs.
by Moe
Wed Dec 18, 2019 6:48 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The amount of play down players is ridiculous. Our under 14s team have been belted in 2 games so far not just on the scoreboard. We have been belted up physically, 4 concussion cases in first round alone. I've seen opposition players with beards and moustaches, 1 even drove away from the game.
If a team doesn't have any play down players, the opposition should have none.
by Moe
Sat Jul 18, 2020 4:50 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Can't understand how HV section 4 semi finalists can drop down to section 6, and their section 9 team, top all last season before losing semi drops to section 10?
by Moe
Fri Sep 03, 2021 7:38 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

This may sound pretty simplistic, and there may be reasons it doesn't work, but if my maths is correct we have:

26 x A grade teams
24 x B grade teams
17 x C grade teams
7 x D grade teams
5 x E grade teams

Sections 1-3 all A grade
Sections 4-6 all B grade
Sections 7-8 C grade
Section 9 D grade
Section 10 E grade

Tiny bit of shuffling and at least teams are playing against same grade level

It seems a little uneven with a clubs 3rds playing a clubs 5ths.

Just my opinion
by Moe
Mon Sep 06, 2021 4:30 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2021 Adel Footy League - Division 4

MP 12.5.77
SMOSH 5.11.41

ROO BEAUTY
by Moe
Sat Sep 11, 2021 5:56 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I don't know the strength of Flagstaff Hills previous league but I think ASCA have been very kind to "gift" them Section 4 for their A grade and section 9 for their B grade! So the gradings are done Moe?
I've seen what is apparently the final draft. Draw not out to midweek is my mail.

I think the Association needs to stand up to club's a lot more. Having A grade teams playing as low as section 7, against other teams C & D grade teams is a joke.
Happy Valley are also weak in my view. We lost players, we want to go down...Boo hoo
by Moe
Sun Sep 26, 2021 10:08 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The team I love to despise, Happy Valley.

Anyone within the Association board want to admit that they got completely bluffed by HV now.

A grade not doing as bad as they said they would, 5th.
B grade undefeated in section 6. Top.
C grade lost only 2 games, top.

I will say that their C grade will find it a lot tougher in finals when they get proper umpires.
by Moe
Mon Feb 28, 2022 2:34 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

whitepointers wrote:
Bluedemon wrote:How are Kenilworth looking for this year?

Hopefully shIthouse.
Some long term members at that club are an utter disgrace to the game of cricket and should've been banned for life cause of their cheating.

Yes, they certainly have a very bad reputation.
by Moe
Tue Sep 27, 2022 7:47 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

At the Western Youth Centre Cricket Clubs 61st (60+1 - Covid) anniversary dinner on Saturday night the club inducted 15 Life Members, of which I was lucky enough to be one and 10 people were inducted into the Hall of Fame, a new initiative from the committee and one I fully support.

We have a "Legends Club" for 100 gamers ( I think it should be the 100 club, but that's for another day ), we have Life Membership, there should be a higher honor for the truly elite contributions on and off field and the Hall of Fame is a deserved recognition for those who are worthy of it.

I'll post the full name of inductees a bit later but I can say it was an exceptional night with lots of the old dogs, some of us in the middle and the current crop well represented. Great night had by all.
Great to see clubs doing these things well

Volunteers have their hands full just keeping the weekly stuff rolling and these events are a lot of extra work on top. As a result often anniversaries slip by unrecognised. Credit to WYC's volunteers here for the initiative firstly and for seeing it through.
Morphettville Park held their centenary dinner in April this year, hosted by Tom Rehn, who did a fantastic job.
Nearly 150 current and former players attended the night at Glenelg golf club.

We named a team of the century and inducted our first 2 members into our Hall of Fame
It was a terrific night and players from as far back as the 1940s were represented by family members too.
by Moe
Thu Feb 16, 2023 3:09 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Trial Games

Observer55 wrote:
The Bedge wrote:Tonight:
CLG v Ironbank

Tomorrow:
Gepps Cross v Jamestown
Pooraka v Macclesfield
Para Hills v Fitzroy
Morphettville Park v Blackfriars

Scores?

Morphettville Park beat Blackfriars by around 10 goals in A grade, and 7 goals in B grade
by Moe
Mon Mar 20, 2023 2:33 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

whitepointers wrote:
Moe wrote:Is the North Haven team in section 9 their D grade or C grade?

There are 4 x C Grade and 2 x B Grade, 2 x D Grade and 2 x E Grade teams in Section 9

B grade teams in section 9!
C grade teams bad enough, but for a club's 2nd best XI playing against a club's 5th team is an absolute idiotic scenario
by Moe
Thu Sep 14, 2023 6:48 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Again, they should have grown a pair and made Morphies or Havens come up. To let Sutton Derby in is a joke. I hope the Exec did their due diligence. In addition to this, they should stipulate that premiership points will be docked from WYC’s Sec 3 side if they name any of their Sec 1 players from last year who are “not playing anymore”.
WYC should have been told to stay in section 1. If they had a bad season, then they are relegated. If the story is true about recruiting players from Fitzroy, then they really haven't lost much at all. If they lost a whole team, then how have they managed to still nominate 3 teams?

The placement of some teams in section's is absolutely ridiculous, and there will be some humongous thrashing this season, which will lead to forfeited games or teams pulling out.
by Moe
Wed Sep 20, 2023 1:53 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I heard Flaggies forfeit was due to 10 players going on a footy trip so may be a once off hopefully
Morphy Park had upwards of 16 players unavailable last round.
I was asked to be stand in captain of our 5th team.
We did whatever we could to fill our 5 teams, and honour our commitment to the competition.
Our team existed of myself 52yo, another old chum 53yo, and then all the rest were junior players ranging from 13 to 17yo.
We did our best, and played a very enjoyable opposition in Port Noarlunga who played in exceptional spirit.
Kudos to them, their players and captain Michael Mott.

Cheers Moe
by Moe
Tue Oct 10, 2023 12:51 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

At least their having a crack. This should be back on the association and WYC.

WYC have been at or around the top for year's and take the easy option first time it looks tough. Take your medicine, recruited from struggling clubs within the same Section before now they're out of there when it suits them.
Very well said.
WYC have certainly pulled the wool over the executives eyes.

Tell me a club that didn't lose some players this season.
Losing players is not a reason to drop down a section, let alone 2.

Sections 1-3 should all be A grade teams.
Sections 4-5, possibly 6 all B grade teams.
7,8,9 should be for C grade down.
by Moe
Wed Oct 18, 2023 12:10 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Having played section 10, and now 9 this season, I think I have a good perspective of how things work.

Our team is 4 x 50+ blokes, and 7 x teenagers who will possibly never play much higher, but are terrific lad's, and have a crack.
Obviously, being our 5th side, we usually play other clubs B, C, D grade teams, not many 5th teams.

Some clubs go hard, and win at all costs, some not as hard.

Over the past 3 season's, there's really only been 1-2 sides that have been complete and utter tossers, but that's life.

This season, we have played Porties, Cove, North Haven, and half way through Happy Valley.
Each of these sides have been terrific in the "spirit of the game"
Each captain has been excellent.
Plumb LBW's have been given, snicks behind given, no personal sledging, and it's been mostly enjoyable, except for my body suffering tremendously each Sunday.

Chatting with opposition after games, and around the traps, there is a common theme, WYC have duped the association, Sutton Derby are a joke, and even a little dissent towards ICC who won a premiership in Section 3, but went down.

As stated earlier, all clubs lose players. Our A grade lost Tansell, Taylor, Crawford and Nurney. We lost players in lower grades as well.
Our D grade lost the gf in section 8, but got promoted, and are now getting absolutely belted.

Some clubs get on with it, some clubs sook.

It's about time that the association grew some balls.

They can start by booting Flagstaff Hill B grade out. 4 forfeits in 4 games. I don't care if there's a by, my body would love it.
by Moe
Mon Nov 06, 2023 4:56 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Played against Flagstaff yesterday, they were saying they only have sixteen players. They have now pulled there B grade.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks for the clarification. I actually heard the same today from a board meeting of the association.

Now that's sorted, I'll concentrate on the WYC bashing.

It won't be long until I'm banned from their fb page, but they are certainly taking the p!55 with the association.

I am barracking for any other team in section 3.

This is a bigger farce than putting SD in section 1.

I used to respect this club.

Joke
by Moe
Sun Nov 19, 2023 6:41 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Grade Cricket

Most clubs can struggle to get anyone available to play Tuesday nights.
7 of them will be a killer.

Agree with this.

Looks like new Junior system coming in next year:

Under 13
Under 14
Under 15.5

So only three teams instead of four.

Plus an Under 17 comp on Sundays (not sure like this, clash with ATCA Under 17"s etc??)

4th Grade to be optional, so expect maybe 8 clubs to have one potentially. This is great idea.
Under 17s on Sunday will crucify community cricket and ATCA comp.
by Moe
Wed Mar 06, 2024 6:15 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |