Search found 18 matches

Return

Re: ASCA 2013/14.

God I hope not - that would just be plain greedy!!
by Madrooster
Fri Feb 07, 2014 12:05 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: RIP Gary Gilmour

Gary 'Gus' Gilmour
Born 26/6/1951
Left handed allrounder
This was perhaps his greatest day in the first limited overs World Cup series

England v Australia
60 over games

EG 93
Denness 27
Gus 6/14[12]

It was perhaps the best bowling I've seen in limited overs games
Gus took the first 6 wickets to fall , he had the Poms bamboozled , swinging the ball prodigiously
He opened the bowling with a guy called Lillie 1/26 [9]
Poms were 8/52 before recovering to 93

Gus had won the game for Australia
Or so I thought watching this game 39 years ago
7 Alan Turner
15 Rick Mckosker
2 Ian Chappell
4 Greg Chappell
0 Ross Edwards
5 Rodney Marsh

Australia 0/17 slumped to 6/39
Douggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggie Walters was still there
Joining him was Gary Gus Gilmour
The New South Welshmen put on an unbroken 55 and to a victory
Gus threw the bat and made a run a ball 28 , the only batter in this match to strike at more than 70
6/94 Australia
Douggggggie 20*
Gus 28*

Needless to say Gus was man of the match , and his best bowling and batting stats in ODI
Australia made the final losing to the West Indies
Exciting times watching one day cricket
It was scorned by many of the day, a bit like the 20/20 of today

Gus Test career
Made a test ton and took 3 hauls of 5 wickets
The guy could seriously play
Never looked fit enough to play cricket
Did suffer a lot from Gout , being around Walters and co prob didnt help his condition

Gus Gilmour
R.I.P
by mal
Wed Jun 11, 2014 5:21 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: JUNIOR FOOTBALL

I saw one game in front of your tent Moe that did look a fair bit like rugby, good thing is it will only take a small adjustment/coaching and he will be a good umpire.

My lad loved the day, had high expectations as they had a good year, but got bundled out after 3 games. While disappointed it was actually good to have a chat with him about how sometimes you win and sometimes you lose and you have to take the good with the bad. Kids need to learn how to win and lose with pride and thats the problem I have with them taking away the competitive aspect of the day.
by Dutchy
Mon Aug 04, 2014 12:31 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: ASCA 2013/14.

Amateur Footy wrote:Doesn't matter the top 3 is just about sorted after 5 rounds and 4th spot will be taken by Sheidow.

Oh ok then. Everyone forfeit then. Your wins from now on don't matter!!! Everyone just play for draws....
by woodublieve12
Wed Dec 10, 2014 11:21 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Southern Football League

Great Night under lights @ Porties with Shoeys getting up by 24 pts in a well contested game , not sure the exact crowd numbers but was well supported , heard South Adelaide were not happy about the scheduling of the game in opposition to the South v Port game @ Hickinbotham
Well they regularly schedule games in competition to our games on Saturday afternoons so who cares
by Look Good In Leather
Sat Apr 11, 2015 11:14 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Geelong 2015

No trolling at all there thanks REB, both players are rubbish, Smedts is a bit more so than Mitchell. Very surprised Smedts got another year.
The original post was Smedts would be a loss, I disagreed along with other Cats fans that see more of Geelong than I do

I think you will find that the responses you will receive will very much depend on how your posts are perceived. If you you really want to discuss with opposition supporters the merits of fringe players that's fine. But "scrap that. Flip a coin" and "the good news keeps coming" when one of our players has gone in for a shoulder reconstruction IS trolling.

If you say such things as no trolling at all or boo hoo I have a different opinion you are basically saying "b-b-b-but the poncho". You love stirring the pot so don't get all butthurt when we call you on it LOL. I used to the same thing and posters couldn't tell if I was taking the piss or not half the time. :)

Now to give you the benefit of the doubt, I'll give you my view on both players. Mitchell is an athletic runner who can find the footy but butchers it terribly. Smedts is a player who I believe has been played out of position in recent times. He is horrible in the back line. He has also been injured a lot. I think the club rates Smedts much higher than many Geelong fans.

I also think you are wrong about him being shown the door at the end of the year. Geelong's list is two short already this year and we still have Bartel, Enright, Lonergan and Mackie on our list as well. I don't think Smedts is a World beater but you would think that at least three of the blokes I named won't be at Geelong next year, maybe all four. So the Smedts injury IS a loss...because we can't get games into him for next year when he won't be one of the youngsters anymore. Imagine how much better Vardy, Menzel and Cowan would be if we could keep them on the park. These guys are still on our list which should give an indication of how patient the club is with players of this age group.

So there might be more reasons than you realise for why people who watch more Geelong than you say Smedts is a loss. If you want to talk about the relative merits of players from other clubs you'll need to put in a better effort than a cheap shot after your club has just won three straight flags.

Regards,

REB
by Rik E Boy
Sat Jan 09, 2016 12:19 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: ASCA

CK - heard about Noah yesterday - incredibly sad!! I like many at Morphy's have sent messages of support to Robbie and I'm sure it will feature prominently on the day. Thoughts to all at WYC from all at MPCC.
by Madrooster
Tue Jan 12, 2016 7:33 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Chris McDermott's Top 25 SANFL players

Magellan wrote:
o five wrote:Atleast he is talking SANFL. :)

True, although he's talking about it in the past tense, when it would be good if it were in the present.

And another thread gets bent over and ******.

You blokes are hopeless.
by Booney
Wed Apr 11, 2018 2:07 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 3 - 2019

Damned if you do, damned if you don’t but I thought the pastie had a bit of character about it. A unique feature of the Morphettville Park Footy Club.
by LaughingKookaburra
Wed Jul 31, 2019 11:57 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2021 Adel Footy League - Division 4

The Bedge wrote:
The Bedge wrote:
Sticks28 wrote:whats everyones thoughts on who will take out div 4 this year? I've seen a few games this year and I reckon morphy park look the best team in the comp for me. & i reckon pembroke in the B grade

A - Morphy Pk
B - Walkies
C - SMOSH

One step closer…

Nailed it.
by The Bedge
Sat Sep 11, 2021 7:05 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Grade Cricket

Good to see Blake Gutschke back for Woodville
by Tony Clifton
Fri Oct 08, 2021 8:52 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

A great day at Hackham yesterday for the T20 finals

Div 1 ICC defeated MV Park by 18 runs

Div 2 Mitchell Park def Southern Warriors by 1 run (last ball of the day needing 14 from last over!!)

Div 3 Coromandel Ramblers def Sheidow Park (defended 97 & rolled the bulls for 70!)
by footy1992
Mon Mar 07, 2022 1:00 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

https://scontent-syd2-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t39.30808-6/331940637_757074459271213_4030037283606380622_n.jpg?stp=dst-jpg_s720x720&_nc_cat=106&ccb=1-7&_nc_sid=8bfeb9&_nc_eui2=AeFjzBoEL7ti9xnyzSml9Si_DZv8Kgehlt4Nm_wqB6GW3n_gvbREWvem6uBE1h26apQ&_nc_ohc=KoQxFs9EkUsAX9YBxza&_nc_ht=scontent-syd2-1.xx&oh=00_AfCYuca0vaqTklRzEPKgbmJmYeuCSoLfg2bmu3vv2eaVuA&oe=63F882E6

https://scontent-syd2-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t39.30808-6/332077430_5820706508007203_3458291405380717568_n.jpg?stp=dst-jpg_s720x720&_nc_cat=102&ccb=1-7&_nc_sid=8bfeb9&_nc_eui2=AeGm8-NM-h3N4BT0CY_qwH2yhv12lk7GtGqG_XaWTsa0as1Zd4NtRCMquBhQUxX4ujY&_nc_ohc=icFCF71YewYAX-S8Dyg&_nc_ht=scontent-syd2-1.xx&oh=00_AfCUCa25Www_EaV4jQyWrdY7xFW-UDfXjBQ2AgDxnKujBw&oe=63F8400F
by Booney
Mon Feb 20, 2023 10:34 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Is the North Haven team in section 9 their D grade or C grade?

There are 4 x C Grade and 2 x B Grade, 2 x D Grade and 2 x E Grade teams in Section 9
B grade teams in section 9!
C grade teams bad enough, but for a club's 2nd best XI playing against a club's 5th team is an absolute idiotic scenario

Warradale and Afghan A Grade in Section 8
I pity the ASCA Committee that have to consistently put up with clubs taking the option of not knowing if they are genuine or just wanting an easy flag.
Maybe in the future they should just leave it to promotion and relegation and not be so kind to clubs requests.
by whitepointers
Thu Sep 14, 2023 10:59 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Clubs should be asking for reduced team fees or waived umpire fees next year as punishment for the association for allowing this to happen.

Deduct points from WYC for every performance SD put up like today as well. Their team's aren't looking too different from last year anyways and as said who hasn't lost a few players this year.
by Tight_Lines
Sat Oct 21, 2023 10:04 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Never in my 35 years of ASCA have I seen such an aggressive game of cricket, that was played on one of the ovals at Victoria Park. The game was Grand Masters v Western Youth in Section 9
It was getting fairly close to being physical. Any idea what went on?

Sent from my SM-S906E using Tapatalk Poor umpiring from what I can gather.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Looking at the scores on playhq, a bloke dropping down from section 3 made 211* for WYC.
I'd be pretty upset too. Apparently a week 1 player only according to their facebook page, but only 11 named on Play HQ

Mind you Grand Masters can push the limits with appeals and decisions

Sent from my SM-S906E using Tapatalk
by Keefy
Wed Nov 08, 2023 6:54 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Played against Flagstaff yesterday, they were saying they only have sixteen players. They have now pulled there B grade.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks for the clarification. I actually heard the same today from a board meeting of the association.

Now that's sorted, I'll concentrate on the WYC bashing.

It won't be long until I'm banned from their fb page, but they are certainly taking the p!55 with the association.

I am barracking for any other team in section 3.

This is a bigger farce than putting SD in section 1.

I used to respect this club.

Joke

Absolutely spot on. Booney as a Life Member recently of this Club must be so embarrassed!

They should have been made to play this year in Div 1, if they lose every game then bad luck, down to Div 2 next season. Lose every game again next season and then down to Div 3, fair enough. To be placed in Div 3 this season and to be totally taking the pi55 is the biggest joke of the season by this Association :shock:
by Eagles2014
Sun Nov 19, 2023 6:50 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

https://www.facebook.com/reel/830289718895038?s=yWDuG2&fs=e&mibextid=Nif5oz

Out, or not out?

I'll give you the results after you decide.

Ps. Totally computer illiterate, so hopefully it works Couldn't get it to work, but have now seen the video on a facebook page

That is out everday of the week and yes i know the outcome

Sent from my SM-S906E using Tapatalk
by Keefy
Sun Dec 03, 2023 5:11 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |