WHAT!!!!

The fuuucha omitted

Lol
by whufc
Thu Apr 10, 2014 7:06 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 2 - Central v Norwood Post Game

Central dominated us from Qtr time. Their ball movement and team work was outstanding. Well deserved.
Very disappointed with the 10 or so in the Dogs cheer squad at the Northern end of the ground.
Doesn't matter if its an opposition player or not. Don't yell "get up princess" plus other shit when a player is almost knocked out surrounded by medical staff. You're an embarrassment to your club

Calling them the cheer squads is kind, there known by most on the northern hill as the quads!!
by whufc
Mon Apr 14, 2014 1:51 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2014 Tribunal News & Discussions

It happened right in front of where I was standing (standing in our usual spot just left of the canteen, near the scoreboard)
He went past the footy to provide a shepherd.
I think there was someone running boundary side to pick the ball up.
Barmby got Phillips, who was open for the bump - it appeared to me he got him front on and to the chest.
He had his shoulder low, arm and elbow tucked in.
As I said in a previous post, I didn't think there was head high contact and it was possible that Phillips hit his head on the ground.
However, having not seen a replay, I can't be certain.
The cameras wouldn't really have captured it to any great level, I wouldn't think, as Phillips was running towards the boundary and Barmby got him boundary side.
Certainly wasn't malicious. I certainly wouldn't have thought it was worth three games.
by Dogwatcher
Mon Apr 14, 2014 3:52 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

He'd also have a clear record, wouldn't he? Don't remember his name in reports in the past.
by Dogwatcher
Mon Apr 14, 2014 3:53 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Barmby just found not guilty.
by CENTURION
Tue Apr 15, 2014 7:30 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Good news for the Dogs and Luke Barmby. He is free to play on Saturday...

From the SANFL twitter page...

Luke Barmby @Ceeentrals has been found not guilty and is free to play
by Big Phil
Tue Apr 15, 2014 7:36 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Rnd 6 - Central v North @ Playford Alive Oval (Sat 10/5)

Whatever happens, I think I'll be knocking back a few bevvies and by the end of the game, the result won't matter.
by Dogwatcher
Tue May 06, 2014 10:45 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: RD 6 Central V North postmortem

Enjoyed that win. Not really clear on all the details, but I remember enjoying it.
by Dogwatcher
Wed May 14, 2014 2:02 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: LIVE SCORES ROUND 7

Really cant see anyone getting close to the Power Reserves in this comp. Just strengthens what most of us thought at the start of the year
by BigRed42
Sat May 17, 2014 6:05 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: R8 - Centrals v Sturt Post Match

So...Saturday.
It was one of least skilled games I've seen in a long time. Sturt were horrible for the first two and a half quarters.
Probably the youngest side I can recall putting on the park for a long time.
Paul Thomas tried his guts out and his mooted retirement at the end of the season is going to be a massive blow for our leadership.
After the first quarter, I was really angry because I thought we were playing so poorly.
Then, as the match progressed, I reflected on the youth of our side and its inexperience
In the end, a 10 goal loss wasn't so bad, it could've been worse - some important players out, inexperience, playing one of the leading sides - and it was only a 15 minute patch which saw the margin blow out.
Thankfully, a late goal saw us kick away the possibility of kicking our lowest score against Sturt.
So...I don't want to get too used to losing but have to accept this is a development year.
Our defence is reasonable, as we can keep opposition to low scores, it's just that when they get a run on the midfield, we seem to have no way of controlling it and stopping the flow.
We don't have enough players running both ways and we aren't intuitive with the ball, or getting into the right position to receive the ball.
One thing that does frustrate me, is our scoring - we seem to find ways every week to not score. So often we attack promisingly and through no-one else's fault but our own we butcher the shot/opportunity.
Two examples on Saturday, I think it was Habel got bumped as he kicked towards an open goal in the goal square. The ball hit the post - unless you're getting dragged down, it should always be a goal from there. There was also Hewett's dropped mark, easiest I've ever seen dropped.
It's not pressure from the opposition that forces these mistakes, it's our own lack of confidence in ourselves and our team-mates.
Hopefully we can get some of our better players back next game.
Two blokes that are having a go week-in, week-out are the Schillers. We can build a side around those blokes - hard at it, in and under and they're going to be good leaders.

Who was 21 for Sturt? Did he cop much of a ribbing after the actual siren started?

On a final note, I hate to think what Port are going to do to us when we play them.
by Dogwatcher
Tue May 27, 2014 4:37 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: World Cup - Brazil 2014

no matter what happens from here on, that goal alone was worth staying up for
by mighty_tiger_79
Thu Jun 19, 2014 2:52 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:well I gotta have a drink to that

Lol the first thing me and my mate did after that goal was pour a glass of moscato
by whufc
Thu Jun 19, 2014 2:55 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

whufc wrote:Also imho Cahill= greatest Australian player in our countries history.

And the big one is Cahill (height to ability) the greatest header football HAS EVER seen, throw me some names who are better

That debate is settled
by whufc
Thu Jun 19, 2014 3:16 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Sturt taking the piss?

Magpies logo
by Dutchy
Mon Jun 23, 2014 9:25 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 12 - Glenelg v Eagles @ Gliderol (Sun 6/7)

Why put this on Sunday to clash with the showdown?
by Dutchy
Tue Jun 24, 2014 4:13 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Crows 2014

Impey - 8 touches, and 5 clangers. Did lay 6 tackles though.
Betts - 19 touches, 4 goals, 4 inside 50s.

Not that I really need stats. It was clear on the day who won the battle.
You have to be fishing!
by Ron Burgundy
Mon Jun 30, 2014 11:27 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 13 - LIVE SCORES

I think today proved Centrals were right in getting rid of Hardy

Knees are shot, can't bend down below his knees, can't jump and didnt break into a sweat at any stage!

It was actually pretty sad, was like watching a 60 year old man out there
by whufc
Sat Jul 12, 2014 7:45 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 15 live scores and waffle

Uuuu dogs!!!!!
by whufc
Sun Aug 03, 2014 5:36 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The Passion for SANFL Football is Gone !!

Personally my passion for the game is still as high as it has ever been and I know my fellow Norwood supporters are the same.
I have been delighted to see our young players continue to improve after losing 12 players from last year's premiership side.
You can be sure the South and Sturt supporters would be just as passionate as well this year.
Can certainly understand West, Centrals and North people being disappointed at missing the finals this year and the Eagles have had a strange year.
A Port Power friend of mine went to the SANFL game at Alberton last week and said he did not realize the standard was that high and totally enjoyed the game.
Loyal people jumped off before the season even started.
Position on the ladder is irrelevent. I didn't miss a loss in 2003 when we came bottom winning only 1 game.
The invasion, compromise and integrity is what's relevent here.

Yep same,

I actually consider this to be a better year for the Dogs than last despite finishing lower on the ladder.

Had made my mind up i wouldn't attend the YES clubs home games at the start of the year and was pretty much true to my word with the only away game i attended being the game at the Bay.

Missed more games this year alone than in the last 20 years combined/
by whufc
Sun Aug 24, 2014 11:25 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2014 Retirements & 2015 Player Movement Discussions

Bounce of the ball wrote:Who will coach centrals next year ?

Announced at the Central District Best & Fairest Dinner last Saturday night, by Club President Dave Cavenett, that Roy Laird has been confirmed as the Senior Coach of the Bulldogs in 2015...

Were you hearing something otherwise, Bounce of the ball?
by Big Phil
Tue Sep 16, 2014 9:10 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Horse Racing Tips & Discussion

Happy trails wins

hope those who were on last week backed up.

nice race by farraj - 3 deep on the speed
by mighty_tiger_79
Sat Nov 01, 2014 2:38 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2014 Retirements & 2015 Player Movement Discussions

So far from this year the dogs have lost Symes, McIntyre, Williams and no doubt Glenn from the midfield. Add in Boyd, callinan and Ohara and we require a lot of solid recruiting.
We lost Boyd, Callinan, O'Hara in 2013, Symes was lost at the very start of 2014. McIntyre was lost mid 2014 when he made up his mind to bugger off.
We, together with Norwood, were the form side in the second half of 2014 & with some new recruits that we have signed up, things look extremely promising at Centrals for 2015.
by CENTURION
Mon Nov 03, 2014 8:02 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Restaurant & Pub Reviews

Bulls Bollocks is the way to go at the Earl.
by Brodlach
Wed Mar 04, 2015 4:18 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Premiership Odds SANFL 2015

Central's form in the 2nd half of last year was excellent, now we have some pacy recruits & a FIT side, we'll make the top 3.
by CENTURION
Tue Mar 10, 2015 5:23 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Rnd 1 - Norwood v Sturt @ Coopers Stadium (Thur N 2/4)

Big Phil wrote:Not a lot of interest in the season opener 2 days out?

Still seems like another week of trials thanks to the ridiculous draw that has most clubs not involved in the opening round.
GG SANFL.
by Wedgie
Wed Apr 01, 2015 7:38 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: R2 live scores, boasting and umpire blaming

The SANFL missed the boat with crowds in round 1 by not scheduling 5 matches. There was no amateur or country footy on.
Shocking fixturing, letting the AFL teams in, shorter season, less rounds, ignorant clubs making stupid requests, the list goes on and on as to why crowds are as bad as they were. So many clueless people involved in the process.
by Wedgie
Sun Apr 12, 2015 7:29 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Port Adelaide 2015

Hinkley could be made to look the fool if this Cornes move goes wrong

Round 3

0-2

Harvey goes on to kick 2-3 goals 30 possies beats a couple of opponents and bang this could blow up

Obviously no Dal Santo has had a big impact on this but Hinkley will be praying a kangas midfielder doesn't put in a blinder
by whufc
Thu Apr 16, 2015 8:13 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: R12: Norwood v Centrals - Saturday @ Norwood

Well done Dogs. Good win. Once again great pressure. Travis Schiller was outstanding in the last quarter. Love how he plays. The Club gave the best player to Hoskin and second best to Tom Collier. Kemp got the coaches award.
by cennals05
Sun Jul 05, 2015 2:07 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Nathan Grima retires

Some good SANFL/Centrals references here that Doggies fans might be interested in.

by Dutchy
Mon Jul 13, 2015 11:06 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Hogg Division I 2015

**** you devils lol
by MatteeG
Mon Jul 20, 2015 11:17 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Port v Centrals Alberton 2.10 Saturday

I went and didn't think there was anywhere near 1500 people there. It was easily the smallest crowd I have seen this year.

As for the game, again we didn't play bad. Just missing a target up forward and our best midfielder. The umpiring was terrible. One in particular had a shocker. Jess Palmer for Port is going to seriously injure himself if he keeps ducking the way he does. While umpires continue to give players free kicks for ducking they will continue to do it though.
by cennals05
Mon Aug 03, 2015 10:11 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The never ending No AFL in the SANFL whinge thread

yep, get back to a more family-orientated club, less emphasis on the big dollar, more emphasis on the supporters, more chook raffles & meat tray raffles, downsize the size of the clubs, make it cheaper to get in to the footy. You get my drift.
by CENTURION
Thu Aug 06, 2015 9:48 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Where to from here ?

See its completely different in the northern suburbs, i have worked in community centres now for 12 years and nearly every kid i speak to has heard of Centrals, in most cases it the sheer fact of the parents not willing to take, not being able to afford that stops these kids from getting to the home games.
If you walk around the Elizabeth centre for anymore than 2 hours tomorrow and i will absolutely guarantee you will at least see 5-10 people wearing some sort of centrals merchandise.
by whufc
Tue Aug 11, 2015 6:51 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Elim. Final - Norwood v Central @ Adelaide Oval (Sun 6/9

I'm very pumped for this.
It's gonna be a great Father's Day.
by Dogwatcher
Mon Aug 31, 2015 11:46 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 1st Semi Final - Power Reserves v Centrals

mal wrote:Should have been a draw
The Frampton non free kick appeared to be a very poor decision
Frampton would have almost certainly scored a goal with about 30 seconds left

Not to mention what looked to be a blatant port throw on centre wing 15 seconds earlier which lead to ports forward entry.
by Spargo
Sun Sep 13, 2015 4:23 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Preliminary Final - Centrals v West

Fantastic win by West today. Thought the poor goal kicking in the first half was going to bite us on the arse and potentially cost us the game, glad I was wrong. Thought Kane Stevens was BOG and Porplyzia not far behind.

Outstanding faith shown by Mickan in the teenagers: Middleton, Snelling, Haysman, Agostino & Brind (on debut). They all played their part and contributed to the result. Some tough selection decisions to be made again this week with some players potentially coming back.

Congratulations to Centrals on a successful year. I think the last 3 weeks caught up with them. However to beat Norwood and Port in finals, plus south at Noarlunga is no mean feat and could be the foundations for another successful year next year.
by blood bath
Sun Sep 20, 2015 7:10 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Brownlow Medal 2015

Great footballer and sounds like a great bloke as well

The umps have done well

Very worthy winner!!!
by whufc
Mon Sep 28, 2015 11:33 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Crows 2015

For anyone interested in picking up some gear, BLK have some pretty great deals on their website at the moment

http://www.blksport.com/pro-teams/adelaide-crows.htm

picked up an indigenous guernsey with Betts and 18 on the back, a Jacket and a Toddler guernsey for $142, which is pretty awesome.

For Brisbane, Gold Coast, GWS, Richmond and Bulldogs supporters, they also carry their gear, as well as a whole bunch of league and union stuff.
by bennymacca
Tue Sep 29, 2015 11:11 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Horse Racing Tips & Discussion

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:
bulldog2004 wrote:Buffering the old marvel. Loves the Valley.

And they bet a ridiculous price

Absolute iron horse, I've won more coin on him than probably any other horse in the last 20 years.
by Spargo
Sat Oct 03, 2015 1:53 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2015/16 Big Bash League

Lyon takes 5fa in a T20 and doesn't get MOTM. Lol what a joke.
by carey
Sun Dec 20, 2015 6:45 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2015/16 Big Bash League

Hard to believe there wasn't a fielder there.

The place went nuts after that shot. Amazing scenes.
by Dogwatcher
Thu Jan 14, 2016 8:47 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Australia vs India ODI squad

heater31 wrote:
wristwatcher wrote:Maxi dead set has his eye on the ton

As per usual he **** it up.....however in this instance his job is done.

Didn't mind him doing that, he deserved a ton tonight.
by Jim05
Sun Jan 17, 2016 9:34 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |