Search found 9 matches

Return

Re: Ashes First Test Live Discussion

Marcus North is suddenly bashing the door down as the next in line in the batting line up
550 runs at 135 with 3 centuries from 4 matches this season

The best start to a season since Katich blazed over 1000 runs in a season prior to his selection in the test team.....don't think they'll pick him but outstanding comeback as he was gone 18 months ago.

Best day of test cricket for the Aussies for a few years and redbacks going well.....might crack a beer or three!
by Keyser Soze
Fri Nov 22, 2013 7:05 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Southern Football League

Well after 2010 Reynella lost at least 8 top players and they didnt ask, nor should they, for extra points. Just sucked it up, played kids, and still made finals.
Sorry shoes this is B.S. and shouldnt happen! Makes the SFL board look pretty silly.

Really could the SFL board look any sillier than they are already?

This happens most years to one team or another......Brighton last year, Reynella in 2012, even Marion in 2011. There were no hand outs of extra points so they can get some high priced recruits. Shoes last year won 10 games in the A-grade, 12 in the B-grade (3rd after minor round), 7 in the under 18's.

I'm sure clubs like Port Noarlunga, Hackham, Christies Beach and Marion who finished behind Noarlunga and didn't have there B-Grade play finals would like a few extra points to try and sign some extra players?
by Keyser Soze
Mon Mar 17, 2014 10:29 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

But you don't refute the kicking bit OMM. Seems like this lad is building himself a fair rap sheet. Come on LGIL, I thought they all become wonderful citizens once they spend a bit of time at Bice Oval.

I suppose there's no room left in your shed OMM to try and coax the lad back to Noarlunga. ;)

This reminds me of a few quotes from a post on the Aldinga Sharks Forum (page 137) on friday:-

'None of us want to see stupid acts by individuals which damage the names of clubs or leagues '

'Clubs who are dragged through the mud due to acts of stupidity or violence, things like that can be difficult to shake'

Right on the money there LGIL :roll:
by Keyser Soze
Tue May 27, 2014 12:28 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

No problem when a a jaw is broken behind play... This particular incident was not behind play. He when he played on and played again last week... Accept the umpires decision which was a send off and move on.. Not cry like a baby who lost it's rattle a fortnight after the game. Bruising is part of football Sometimes you get what you give..

Sorry but if said player decided to strike another player which resulted in him being sent off then expect to get reported and be suspended too often this is let off, why are we waiting for a broken jaw to decide if he should be suspended?
by Keyser Soze
Thu Jul 31, 2014 8:55 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: JUNIOR FOOTBALL

Well done to Hackham on hosting the under 10's carnival today, definitely 4 seasons in one day.

Congratulations to Brighton White who defeated Marion in an epic grand final by 3 points. Also credit to Reynella White and Brighton Yellow who lost the semi-final by 1 pt after extra time. The young umpires did a great job in difficult circumstances in probably the hardest age group to officiate the rules.

I hope the SFL reconsider the decision not to hand out the shield and kept scores in the under 10's carnival next season. The excitement of the kids winning and despair of losing is part of football and growing up. Not sure it would have the same feel about it if every team just played 3 games with no scores and went home. I'm pretty sure a large % of clubs support the current format?
by Keyser Soze
Sun Aug 10, 2014 10:49 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Probably not as much activity on the clearances as previous years, at this stage anyway.

Disappointing hear Clifton not coaching Hackham from an outsider looking on, in 3 years he did a fantastic job taking them from a basket case to missing the finals by a game last season, will be interesting to see which direction they head now?

Some big losses to the league will be felt by those clubs effected. Spencley, McNamara, Vessali, Minns and McKenzie to name a few.
by Keyser Soze
Fri Feb 27, 2015 10:08 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Not for me to elaborate on, not my club, and it isn't rubbish!! Imagine it will be all over here by this afternoon, definitely by selections tonight!!
Maybe someone from the club concerned can reveal? There's plenty of em on this site normally with opinions. :oops:

Joel Brown on the move?

Have done some checking for you SB and you are correct. Sad to see but when you are offered the real big bucks he has been reckon it is understandable. Was always a chance this would happen when his best mate NPG went to Loxton. He has told club he will be back next year but has a wedding to pay for

Just another casualty of the country clubs being able to offer these blokes plenty of $$$$$ and SFL clubs cant match it.

Jet Airport reckon you need to get your head out your backside mate and stop trashing HV any chance you get. Most blokes would be tempted by this sort of cash - HV dont need to "have a good hard look at themselves" but maybe you should find a mirror and stop trying to stir up trouble

Not "stirring up trouble" MF, stating what I had been shown on Facebook!
Not "trashing" Happy Valley either MF- always respected HV footy club... but... the walls down HVFC are talking in 2015 MF!

Last I checked Its a forum and when your arguably 1st or 2nd best player- "walks out" after playing "B grade" round 1, people in footy are going to talk. If a Farrier, Pannozo, Mott, or Carey did the same you'd be all over it .

See you round 5 MF- i'll bring some mirrors for your hierarchy to look into, make sure you all wear ya 2012 premiership Polo-shirts so we can count ALL the blokes who have moved on.[/quote]

Some of the selections of Vikings A-grade last week were very strange Brown and Huebner just to name a few which was made worst by there first loss to the Falcons and B-grade won easily and now one of your best players Brown who was the Vikings best player in the finals and played association footy last year has gone to another club after round 1. Add him to the list of McKenzie, McNamara, Borowski, Raitt plus a few others who aren't playing and you gotta expect some discussion and questions asked.

The vikings have always been a stable club and one of the powers in the SFL I'm sure they will bounce back this week. Don't be so precious MF it's a forum for discussion if you don't like it don't log on. :)
by Keyser Soze
Fri Apr 17, 2015 11:39 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The alternative was for Hamilton to sit out altogether for 3 yrs under the JNR 3 Yr Ruling (look it up Beer Tent) had Noarlunga chose to enforce it ,
This way he gets to play just not against Noarlunga in Minor Round Games
This went to an appeals tribunual and despite Reynellas President making an undertaking to accept the tribunuals ruling and still carrying on like a PORK Chop, it was later agreed to by all 4 parties SFL, RFC, NFC and Hamilton
Lad could have been a premiership player in 2014 , But he isn't is he ?

Did the player leave for $$$, did he move home or did he simply not want to be at Noarlunga anymore/

I can guarantee he didn't go to reynella for money.
He obviously didn't want to be at the shoe for whatever reason, so let him go play elsewhere every game unrestricted.
Pathetic!

Good chance to be a premiership player this season ;)
by Keyser Soze
Tue May 05, 2015 11:46 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

JC's departure must have been a bit messy by the sounds of it. Or won't the senior players be keen on a guy who has only coached juniors, and do they fear that some of the ageing warriors who Keam has had playing in the B grade will still miss out on a game from someone with an eye to youth and looking to build towards the next crack at a flag rather than coach for damage control. There's not much value in only being competitive if you aren't getting A grade games into the young lads.

How water tight are coaching contracts at our level. Does Keam get paid out? Those Mini's parents better be geared up for selling plenty of raffle tickets!!!

I guess we could always implement the 'I'm too lazy to volunteer levy'. Which clubs have that?

Only one club as that $50 per child levy on top of there league high junior $ubs!
by Keyser Soze
Fri May 08, 2015 11:21 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |