Search found 12 matches

Return

Re: HFL Country Division

citycoaster17 wrote:Any news on how the Echunga vote went last night?

I believe the vote was passed for going up.
by The Gimp
Sat Nov 02, 2013 2:02 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: HFL Central Division

Legs, i see merit in the zones idea but unfortunately you won't be solving the problem we have with the gaps between bottom and top. There's no way the likes of Gum/Birdwood/Kersbook are going to be able to comete against Mt Barker. Same going for Kangarilla v Hahndorf/Blackwood.

I have mentioned quite a few times before I think the HFL also needs to look to the future and see the potential of towns like Nairne that have grown so much more than the smaller towns (which are restricted to internal growth).
My thoughts...
Div 1 - 2 snr teams
Mt Barker
Hahndorf
Onkas
Lobey
Lofty
Ironbank
Uraidla
Echunga

Div 2 - 2 snr teams
Bridgy
Nairne
TV
Kersbrook
Meadows
Birdwood
Maccy
Gum

Div 3 - 1 snr team
Sedan/Cambrai
Milang
Any other "C grade" team
Cornerstone/Littlehampton (to start with until established) -
Houghton??
Callington??
Woodside??

Blackwood to SAAFL
Kangarilla to SFL
Sedan Cambrai to Div 3 or Riverland indys

Colts at U18's, U15's and U13's and all clubs must have 2 of the 3 colts teams to play in div 1 or 2.
Any div 3 teams that want to join div 2 must have 2 senior teams and the 2 out of 3 colts.
Promotion/relegation between div 1 and 2 compulsory for bottom 2 / top 2 based on A grade (not whole club).

Two 8 team divs will reduce the step up from div 1 and 2 and should make the difference between top and bottom much closer.
One Cornerstone/Littlehampton are established with juniors, eventually this will reduce the excess juniors at Mt Barker and Hahndorf.
by The Gimp
Wed Jun 04, 2014 2:42 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: APPS Country Football

Some of you may not have read this recently in the Murray Vallee standard. Will be interesting to hear the feedback as I think James Moore as worded this perfectly and said what a lot of us are thinking.

http://www.murrayvalleystandard.com.au/story/2344804/moore-to-the-point-meningie-coach-backs-country-recruiting/?cs=1653
=D> =D> =D> =D>
Well done James Moore, fantastic letter. Let's just hope the powers-to-be actually have a read of it and take it on board.

I think the SANFL clubs are quick to point the finger but there have been countless times when a good junior of your club heads down to play underage for the zone SANFL club for a few years and then when they're on the brink of getting cut, the SANFL club points them in the direction of a div 1-2. amateur club because that level of football would be better for their "development". Unfortunately, these players are then lost to their "home" clubs unless money is offered to get them back. If the SANFL were more engaging with the country zone clubs, then some of the enticing $$ may not be offered to their league/ressie players.
by The Gimp
Tue Jun 24, 2014 9:30 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Can anyone tell me where the GF will be played this year?
This is apparently what has been allocated so far - depending on oval condition
Kersbrook - Qualifying - 23/8/14
Nairne - Elimination - 24/8/14
Gumeracha - 2nd Semi - 30/8/14
Mt Lofty - 1st Semi - 31/8/14
Kangarilla - Preliminary - 6/9/14
Macclesfield - Grand Final - 13/9/14

Bit surprised Kersbrook are going to get a home final for their A's, B's and possibly U17's in the Qual final!! And also that Nairne are getting a final 2 years in row after the condition of their oval in last year's finals!!
by The Gimp
Wed Aug 06, 2014 10:11 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

anyone know much about the new sedan coach?

Someone with a lot of patience and hopefully not an appetite for recruiting mercenaries from Div 5 Amateurs!! :roll:

Or paying decent $$$ for teenagers with less than 5 games of A Grade experience.
By the sounds of it they are staying with the HFL & not moving to the Independant comp
Well lets hope it's in the C grade of the HFL becasue they're ruining div 2!
by The Gimp
Fri Nov 14, 2014 7:41 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Welcome callywater to country division

And goodbye Sedan Cambrai?
Cracka might be the man. Did Birdwood put a motion up, don't think voted on yet that if you don't field at least one colts team you can't play in the Country div? If so does that mean S/C to play C grade only, off to Riverland independent or won't come into effect if passed til 2016?
Can any one enlighten me please?
Sorry, cant help with the outcome but yeah believe there was talk of Sedan/Cambrai being forced to play C grade due to not having any juniors, this will help the country comp having all teams playing at the same ground most weeks. I think (could be totally wrong) they've done a deal with TV & their juniors are playing there this year.

Would it be good for S/C though if they were forced to reduce to one side?
More importantly, would it be good for the division/league if S/C were forced to one side in the C grade? And the answer is yes.
They've had long enough to get up to speed with the requirements of Country div and they just haven't been able to fill junior sides. They have also struggled to fill 2 senior sides with multiple players constantly doubling up after the B grade to play A's.
I really think it's time they bit the bullet and nominated a C grade side and took a leaf out of Milang's book.
Otherwise we're just going to see another Callington debacle which will once again tarnish the league even more than what it is now....
by The Gimp
Thu Jan 22, 2015 8:43 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Have S/C forfeited many B grade games in recent years?
Not that I'm aware of but they probably should've in a few if they didn't double up so many players.
Their results speak for themselves:
2014, 1 win - 18%
2013, 1 win - 13%
2012, 4 wins - 26% (2 wins and 4% without Callington wins)
2011, 2 wins - 19% (0 wins and 12% without Callington wins)
2010, 2 wins - 14% (0 wins and 10% without Callington wins)

Credit to the players that keep coming out to play and to the heap of players that keep doubling up but there comes a time when you have to realise what you're doing is detriment to the division and the league. And the clubs have to make the tough call if S/C aren't going to do it themselves.

I would actually love to see a C grade game between S/C and Milang. I think it would be a bloody ripper. Similar type towns and similar passion for their club.
They have to realise that with out juniors (they've never had senior colts), the club's future is dire. Play within your means and enter a really strong C grade team, get a few wins under the belt and get some success to reward the effort the volunteers are doing for the club.
by The Gimp
Fri Jan 23, 2015 9:09 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: HFL Division 1 (Central)

A summary for followers around the state ...... This saturday will see Uraidla v Echunga in the 2nd Semi on the wide expanses of the Lobethal Oval. The winner has a 3 week rest until the grand final.

The 1st Semi between Torrens Valley v Hahndorf is being played the following Saturday (At Echunga ?).

I think the plan is to hold the 1st semi final at the loser of the second semi finals ground (Uraidla/Echunga). And the prelim will be at the winners ground (Echunga or Uraidla) as the winner goes straight through to the GF.

Grand Final at Balhannah.

I'm still trying to stomach the 3 week rest.... Not pointing fingers at anyone, but this has to be the worst programming I have ever seen. Regardless of the reason, and other things organised.... I really believe it is going to give the "winner" of the qualifying final, a major disadvantage. Yes, they may be fresh, have every player available and not sore.. but surely they will be a bit sluggish.

Has Uraidla or Echunga put any plans in place for this three week break? I.e. practice matches, game simulations etc?
They could go on their footy trip next weekend, have a week to recover, then be ready to go for the GF!! :D
by The Gimp
Tue Sep 01, 2015 8:54 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Cracka just confirming Elliott is paid CEO of TV in a part time role.
And the clubs voted him in as pres of the HFL. #-o. Only got themselves to blame then for any conflict of interest or did they not know of his appointment at TV.
With all the complaints of the previous board why didn't any of the disgruntled club's at least put up an alternative, too lazy maybe. Glad I'm not involved anymore.
Unless they have, (or are going to) re-write the constitution or he is leaving TV, I don't believe he can be the President...

9.6 The League Officials, must not be involved in the management or administration of any member club, nor hold any other position which could generally be seen as a conflict of interest in respect to their position as League Official.

:? :?
by The Gimp
Mon Dec 14, 2015 10:07 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: HFL Division 2 (Country)

Heard today that a Maccesfield player in the B grade King hit a Birdwood player that wouldn't harm a fly. He ended with 15 stitches to his eye socket. They said that neither umpires officiating would have seen it as it was behind play. I hope Birdwood club report the offender. This act isn't part ofHills footy

If that true, that is disgraceful.
Thought that things were getting better in country footy in that regard but perhaps not.
Certainly some interesting characters running around in Maccy B's this year
Yep, cowardly act from the brain-dead moron from Maccy. And the worse part was the high-fives and pats on the back he was getting on the bench once he was sent off. :evil:
The Maccy supporters even had the nerve to whinge that he shouldn't have got sent off because the umpires didn't see it!
Seriously, footy society has moved on from this type of on-field violence 5 years ago but apparently the Maccy and Gum B graders didn't get the memo (probably couldn't read it anyway).
Let's hope the HFL make a stand against this once and for all and suspends him for 10+
But I won't hold my breath.....
by The Gimp
Mon Jun 20, 2016 2:31 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

This permit thing is out of hand. And whilst on the surface I dont agree with what has been allowed with the Onkas player - to put up a statement like Ironbank have publicly on their facebook page is far from acceptable, I dont care what the circumstances or how grieved they are. By doing this they have brought THEIR league into disrepute. Of course they will argue that the HFL did this first, but follow the appropriate protocols and escalation process within the HFL and the CFL. Yes it is clear that the HFL appear to have an issue here..but playing it out in public doesnt help anyone. Call a meeting and seek direction and clarity and ask for a please explain? It does tend to otherwise face the risk of sour grapes - which Im sure its not but some would form that opinion.

Well said Waz, It certainly contradicts the statement from the Facebook page "We will all take the moral high ground and behave and perform in a professional manner".

if you thought their first post brought the league into disrepute you may want to check the new one.
I don't see a problem with either of their posts.
It's about time the dodgy actions of some of the members on the HFL board were brought to the public eye.
If you have nothing to hide, then they won't have a problem.
by The Gimp
Tue Aug 30, 2016 4:44 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: HFL Division 2 (Country)

Yes and yes

Does anyone know if the Nairne player has actually been reported for slapping the card out of the umpires hand?

Have heard for abuse and the card slapping. He'll get a long holiday that for sure and not sure his record is that great either. Might not be just finished at Nairne......he can possibly concentrate on his Kyani sales now.
Lets hope they do anger management supplements!! :lol:
by The Gimp
Tue Sep 13, 2016 9:56 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |