Search found 9 matches

Return

Re: Southern Football League

Not sure what other messenger press coverage of the season start has been like, but the guardian that covers clubs down the hill has been nothing but ordinary. They couldn't even put the clubs ins and outs or even a comment from club coaches. If this is how they cover the start of the season we might get one or two lines by the end of year. Bring back Gordon Armstong, at least he gave the SFL some sort of support.
by WHEELS&DEALS
Fri Apr 10, 2015 12:54 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Went down to Pt Noarlunga and watched Reynella v Brighton. Brighton played well in first half but then Reynella showed there skill in the second half and won easy. Night final was great with a good crowd there. I know the SFL had a few knockers regarding the night final but I think it worked very well. My opinion the lights would be the best in the league.
by WHEELS&DEALS
Sat Sep 05, 2015 10:29 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: New Clubs for 2017

Morphettville park football club will be playing in the SAAFL in 2017. I hope all teams will enjoy coming down to the pasty
by WHEELS&DEALS
Fri Jul 29, 2016 4:59 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Morphy parks SAAFL bound in 2017. We have had our ups and downs over the last 30 years but it has been enjoyable. We take plenty of good memories with us and I'm sure some clubs will be sad to see us go. Others, you have got your wish. One club without Saturday juniors gone.
by WHEELS&DEALS
Fri Jul 29, 2016 5:27 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SANFL starting women's league in 2017

Can't believe the SANFL are going ahead with this. When most of there clubs are going broke and struggling to find volunteers already. The current women's league may have a few issues but all in all the Comp is a good one and has fed its fair share of players into the AFL's first year. The local women's football clubs have battled along for years and I can't see why the AFL wouldn't just support them more rather than give money to the SANFL to create a Mickey Mouse comp with limited clubs and games. How much priority do you think they will get from those clubs. Try putting it in a list, Men's seniors, Senior colts, Reserves, junior colts, then maybe Womens? We have a dedicated women's league already. Don't you think the money would be better spent there. If the SANFL clubs (like Westies) want to be a part of it then jump on board.
by WHEELS&DEALS
Sun Dec 04, 2016 6:36 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Well done Aldinga on a good win today. Hopefully good times coming your way
by WHEELS&DEALS
Sat May 13, 2017 10:49 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Upto 5 clubs looking at leaving next year. Flaggies, Happy Valley, Reynella, Marion and Osb. Anyone from those clubs care to comment or is it still to early. Was around this time last year that Brighton and Morphy's announced they were leaving.
by WHEELS&DEALS
Mon Aug 07, 2017 10:21 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AdFL Tribunal Listing

Being found guilty of striking a player has to be worth more games than a dangerous tackle
by WHEELS&DEALS
Fri Aug 11, 2023 7:55 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2023 Adelaide Footy League - Division 3

Well done to Flinders Park on going up to Div 2. They have been a strong club for many years but just couldn't get over the line in a fair few Prelims. Probably suprised Modbury who thought they would have been going straight to the GF. Should be a good game next week against Unley.
by WHEELS&DEALS
Mon Sep 11, 2023 8:00 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |