Search found 24 matches

Return

Re: Short-lived TV shows

Russell Coight's All Aussie Adventures was one of my favourites.
by westozfalcon
Tue Oct 15, 2013 3:45 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Predictions - and discussion - in lead up to 2014 season

north melbourne are definitely the smokey for the top 4. they lost so many close games last year, and even if they only won half of them they would have sat comfortably in the eight.

But they didn't and I don't rate them. I expect them to be 7th-10th.

Yep im with you Booney, i cant understand peoples hype about them. Good capable side definately, but not top 6 material IMO.

I'm in the same camp.

I also don't think Brad Scott is as good a coach as he's made out to be. He's always at the ready to voice his opinion to the media on any issue in the game and has made many believe he's a great thinker and visionary. This smokescreen has allowed him to keep critical analysis of his team's performances at bay.

The $2.40 being offered on North missing the 8 is good value.
by westozfalcon
Thu Jan 23, 2014 10:47 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Best era of AFL/VFL footy

Out of the above eras, when was footy at it's best as a spectacle?

For me it was the early to mid-1990's. Then, the primary focus was on attack but sides were also developing strong defensive skills. The Mick Malthouse-coached West Coast Eagles personified this.
Teams essentially played man-on-man and played in position, interchange was used for genuinely tired players and you could still get away with a solid shirtfront. It was a very exciting game to watch.
by westozfalcon
Fri Mar 14, 2014 11:49 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: EPL Season 2013/2014

I hear that Jurgen Klopp has ruled himself out of the United job, but his brother Klippity is showing some interest :lol:
by westozfalcon
Wed Apr 23, 2014 10:05 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Round 9 Discussion

Jpod played a gun game. Was everywhere. Smith, danger, sloane all great.
Awesome first game by Cameron too.

Great to hear that Charlie Cameron played well. I saw him play for Swan Districts in the WAFL last year and thought he had excellent skills.
My faith was such that I snaffled him as a $115K Dream Team pick :)
by westozfalcon
Thu May 15, 2014 11:33 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Foxtel Cup 2014

East Perth 9.11
Norwood 2.3
by westozfalcon
Tue May 27, 2014 11:22 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: EPL Season 2014/2015

One thing I especially enjoy about the start of a football season is looking at the league table and seeing Villa in second spot. :)
by westozfalcon
Fri Aug 15, 2014 10:48 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Finals - week # 3.

From a report on AFL.com

"..Represented by Will Houghton QC, Harvey told the Tribunal he laid a block on Selwood because the team had been focused on stopping the star Cat from receiving follow-up possessions after he had disposed of the ball..."

For which he needed to jump in the air to collect him??
:-J
by westozfalcon
Tue Sep 16, 2014 11:13 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: EPL Season 2014/2015

Pretty happy to get the draw against Man City this weekend. Very handy point. However we should have won. 6th time this season we have given a lead away in injury time.

Desperately unlucky mate.

Huge game for you blokes against my mob, Villa, tomorrow night.

I've been to Hull a couple of times and have a lot of respect for the Tigers.

In one respect I hope you beat us because it might hasten the departure of that plonker of a manager we have who in my opinion is holding us back. It might improve our chances of staying up and would be for the greater good!
by westozfalcon
Mon Feb 09, 2015 11:01 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Former Bays Coach gets 8 months Jail

Ok, but I still don't see your point - we do know all the facts of this case. It is incorrect to say that 'only the judge knows'. While in some cases the judge's determinations on issues of law may be hard to understand for the layperson, the determinations of fact the judge makes are not really in a 'professional' capacity as you have suggested; the judge makes his determinations of fact like a jury would - namely by deciding if, on the evidence presented, the charge has been proven beyond reasonable doubt.

No element of a judge's decisions on fact, or on law, are inaccessible or unfathomable to the general public.

I think LPH was referring to the sentence handed down.

A sentence is definitely a 'professional' determination by the judge. The jury has no involvement in that.
by westozfalcon
Wed Mar 25, 2015 11:07 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: West Coast Eagles Season 2015

Liam Duggan has been impressive in the WAFL so far this year.

I think he's set for an AFL debut very soon.
by westozfalcon
Sun Apr 05, 2015 9:58 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Transfer Rumours 2015/16 EPL Season

Joleon Lescott poised to sign for Aston Villa in the next few hours.

Dimitar Berbatov also jetting in for talks with Villa today.
by westozfalcon
Tue Sep 01, 2015 10:41 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2015 Grand Final - Eagles v West - Sun 27/9/15

Good job Westies. I'm thrilled for the club and fans.
by westozfalcon
Mon Sep 28, 2015 12:34 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Richmond 2016

After the current start to the season the Tiges must surely be questioning the decision to give Damien Hardwick a 2-year extension. It's not as if any other clubs would've been beating down the doors to poach him.

Also I reckon they could do worse than elevate Adam Marcon from the Rookie list, however that is done. The bloke is a proven ball magnet with Williamstown and now Richmond's VFL team, and deserves a shot.
by westozfalcon
Mon Apr 18, 2016 10:26 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 4 discussion

I actually think it'd be exciting to watch a 50m set-shot shootout from a 45 degree angle. Only goals count. The opposition can have a man on the mark plus players on the goal line and it'd be a best-of-5...obviously continuining until a deadlock is broken. Only one attempt per player.
by westozfalcon
Wed Apr 20, 2016 10:29 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 15- Glenelg v South @ Glenelg on Saturday

Losing a game like this proves that you're complacent and lacking 'hunger'.

Our premiership aspirations are shot for another season.
by westozfalcon
Sat Jul 09, 2016 9:32 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: EPL Season 2016/2017

Former Villa player Dalian Atkinson dies after being tasered by Police. His goal in the first year of the EPL against Wimbledon is one of those memories that you don't forget

Yeah I just read that. Very sad news

Atkinson was powerful striker with a thunderous shot. If not for him getting injured at the business end of the inaugural Premier League season in 1992/93 I think we would have won the title.

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-37082207
by westozfalcon
Mon Aug 15, 2016 10:27 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2016/2017 Big Bash League

Big bash season being raised from a 32 game season to a 40 game season next year.

Really think they are running a risk of overkilling it imho.

I agree but I hope they can at least squeeze the games into the same time period. The Sheffield Shield season break shouldn't be any longer than it currently is.
by westozfalcon
Fri Jan 27, 2017 10:39 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Australian Domestic Season 2016/2017

Just a pity none of us will get to see it. Thanks CV you pricks!!

Can't help footy season starting
So out of the 150+ ovals in Victoria with turf decks not one is available?
What a sellout crock of crap

Same thing happened to Western Australia in 2015 when Victoria ' hosted' the Final in Tasmania.

If the home state can't provide a ground the second-placed team should get to host the game.
by westozfalcon
Sun Mar 19, 2017 10:06 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: You Tube Classic Cricket Moments

I remember watching this live on TV back in 1992. You'd be hard pressed to see a better three consecutive deliveries from a fast bowler...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KQU4ySSXaNU
by westozfalcon
Tue Feb 27, 2018 10:53 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

State game - SANFL v WAFL @ Adelaide Oval Sat. 12/5

I hope I’m wrong but from the WAFL games I’ve watched this season I don’t think WA can muster enough quality to trouble you blokes

Ex-AFL players Zac Clarke, Pat McGinnity, Nic Suban and Aston Hams will lend WA some skill and composure and you can also expect a good showing from forwards Gerard Ugle of Peel and Ben Sokol from Subiaco as well as Swan Districts defender Tony Notte, but I can see us being overwhelmed in front of a pre-Showdown parochial crowd.
by westozfalcon
Wed May 09, 2018 10:09 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: State of the game

A good rule to introduce for stopping congestion is one that applies in Australia v Ireland International Rules games i.e if a player is on the ground he can't grab the ball, he must punch or tap it away. This would stop players diving on the footy which in turn leads to the formation of packs.
by westozfalcon
Thu Jul 26, 2018 10:39 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2018/19 Australian Summer of cricket

On the no ball issue, when would be the last time an umpire actually called a front foot no ball in real time? I imagine they are told to not bother watching it and just concentrate on watching where the ball is pitching etc

Yeah it's been happening for a few years now. Umpire's laziness in this regard is costing teams runs. Just about the only time the batting side gets credited with a no-ball is when it's picked up on a DRS referral.
by westozfalcon
Mon Dec 10, 2018 6:50 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |