Search found 113 matches

Return

Re: Things that you rate!

Germany, what a country. Baby names have to be approved by authorities. This should be established in Australia immediately, so many fuarking bogan names that give me the shits. Some examples

Jahcub
Neveah
Le-a pronounced Ledasha
Savannah

Poor kids.
by Squids
Thu Nov 07, 2013 11:25 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Australian Car Industry

Sorry to throw the political element in but I don't get how Abbott is responsible for this though. The industry has been unsustainable for ages.

Do we blame the government that reduced tariffs on imported vehicles, the government that got us to an economic climate that make manufacture too expensive in this country, do we blame the unions for forcing wages up, do we blame the Labor government for bringing in the carbon tax (thereby shooting already labouring donkey) or do we blame Abbott for not "upping" the bail out package? For me, I can't blame Abbott because I'm always critical of throwing ridiculous amounts of money on business cases that lose money hand over fist.

Now if he'll just reduce funding on the arts and defence!
by gadj1976
Wed Dec 11, 2013 6:28 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Gay marriage, yes or no...?

GWW wrote:Well, that didnt last long.

My wife said the same thing.
by OnSong
Thu Dec 12, 2013 3:20 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ashes 5th Test Sydney Discussion (Pink Test)

westozfalcon wrote:
carey wrote:Opinions are like commodores and assholes in that everyone has one but some of them on here are you ridiculous.

If that was true Holden wouldn't be quitting Australia :)

Havnt you seen the ads
They are never leaving Australia :lol:
by Jim05
Fri Jan 03, 2014 11:24 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: WOMENS ASHES

Personally not interested in it but good on them for having a crack, no ones forcing us to watch.
Surely they could have named the series something more appropriate and not just copy the mens side, fail to see how the whole Ashes history has anything to do with womens cricket
by Jim05
Fri Jan 10, 2014 6:40 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: WOMENS ASHES

Yes the women's ashes would be as interesting as watching all of you play the z grade level of cricket or football that you play/played. But good on you for having a go.
by cennals05
Mon Jan 13, 2014 8:50 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Liquor Lads

westozfalcon wrote:Just out of curiosity, what does a block of West End Draught set you back these days?
You can't get it here in WA and I reckon it's not a bad drop.

They come in 30 can packs now.
$40-$45.
by beeroclock
Sat Jan 25, 2014 3:31 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that give you the sh1ts

People that confuse English and grammar.
by Squids
Wed Feb 05, 2014 2:30 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: NAB Challenge

Failed Creation wrote:
valleys07 wrote:No winner I believe- just pure practice games.

It's about time too. They're just glorified scratch matches to me.

What's the Challenge in Nab Challenge stand for then?
by helicopterking
Mon Feb 10, 2014 8:31 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Sir Tom Finney R I P

Sad news at the passing of Mr Preston today

Played over 500 games for the Invincible's and regarded by everyone in football as a true legend of the game.

Palermo once offered him £10,000 signing fee and £100 per week. He was on £14 per week at the time and PNE offered another £6 a week to stay. The rest is history as they say.

One of a few players to only play for one club and go on to be club president

RIP
by johntheclaret
Sat Feb 15, 2014 10:42 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Best era of AFL/VFL footy

90s to early 00s. Generally attacking footy. One on one contests. Physicality part of the game. Still a handful of suburban grounds, each with their own colour/uniqueness. Not old enough to comment on anything earlier than 90s.
by saintal
Mon Mar 17, 2014 9:36 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: EPL Season 2013/2014

I've said this before but I reckon Ferguson should stay away from the club. He's had his day. David Moyes' cause is not helped by having Fergie casting a critical eye from the stands.

Let's not forget that he lobbied hard to have Moyes as his successor so he has to accept some of the responsibility for the club's predicament.

Whilst Fergie was a great manager he's not a very good judge of managerial talent. I remember him saying Aston Villa made a good choice in appointing Alex McLeish three years back :roll:
Thats just Ferg looking after his Scottish mates lol
by Jim05
Tue Mar 18, 2014 5:24 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: South vs West Round 1

Great win tonight we completely outplayed the Bloods prob should have been a bigger win if we kicked straight.

New game plan is a breath of fresh air and new recruits all looked good.

Awesome to see a win at home and get our season off to a positive start!!!!!!
by Panther Pack
Sat Apr 05, 2014 10:43 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Max Klinger Leaves For WA

With Maxy's decision to head West it throws open the back up openers spot again for when Phil Hughes gets taken on paid holidays to overseas destinations to have throw downs
by heater31
Sat Apr 12, 2014 8:47 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Matt Rendell - Racist or Realist?

I think his original comments were taken out of context. To your question, I think neither.

I think it would take a lot for a 16/17/18 yo to be taken out of their environment and automatically 'get' the AFL footballer lifestyle. The discipline and team meetings would drive me crazy.
by gadj1976
Wed Apr 23, 2014 4:02 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: LIVE EPL SCORES

Shiteh win 4-0
What a pathetic capitulation
Villa are a basket case and if they don't get rid of that scotch idiot, then they will deserve to go down.
This must be the worst Villa side since the 70's

Spot on.
And Lambert's comments after the game:
"I thought we did fantastic. I am really proud of the team and the nerves were starting to set in.
"I didn't think it was easy for them, I couldn't be prouder of my own team...."
:roll:

He'll be sacked by next Monday.
He talks like they are a league 2 side that just lost 4-0 to City in an FA Cup game
FFS, Lambert, you are premier league v premier league and you just lost 4-0 :roll:
by johntheclaret
Fri May 09, 2014 5:05 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 12 - live scores, results & gas bagging.

westozfalcon wrote:I like Adelaide's chances over the Dockers. The $5.15 I saw on offer at the TAB is very enticing.

I'll give you $6.15 the crows if you like.
by Spargo
Fri Jun 06, 2014 11:11 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 12 - live scores, results & gas bagging.

Lance cleared

Put him in a Hawthorn guernsey and he gets one. (or any other guernsey apart from a Swans one)
There was no difference between this hit and the one on Malceski last year, apart from the squealing by Malceski and the Swans.

Don't get me wrong I think it was a fair bump and the right decision has been made this time.

Fair bump?
How the hell do you figure that?
Chose to bump and got him in the head.
Reckless, careless, unnecessary, does it every week and the MRP continue to look the other way.
Absolute FARCE the MRP are, bordering on corrupt !
by jackpot jim
Mon Jun 09, 2014 9:29 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: World Cup - Brazil 2014

We are simply not good enough. We played some great patches and some rubbish patches. Team selection was ordinary and the coach is simply no good.
Ive said since day 1 we will never be a success with a Aussie coach who has no experience in the big leagues, he sat on his hands and let the game get away from us in that final 15 minutes. His love of that plodder Milligan beggars belief, he is slow in the A-League and just a dumb footballer.
Definately not happy with a loss especially against a Chile side with a worse defence than us, we simply didnt attack them enough. Job is always harder with the refs against you aswell though
I agree you need a Scotsman
Get Moyes off the dole queue?
by Jim05
Sat Jun 14, 2014 9:20 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: EPL Home/Away Kits-Strips for 2014/2015

Ah I remember the good old days when Villa were talking up a sponsorship with Rover... only to end up with LDV vans... ah the mid 90's I believe...
by Jase
Sun Jul 20, 2014 9:58 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: EPL Transfer Rumours 2014/2015

Just read we are out the race now. spewin!
Reckon you are still in it.
Dont get caught up in the British tabloids, they deliberately make up stories. For every article saying you are out of the race there will be another 3 articles saying he has signed for you. Still a few weeks left before sides will complete their squads
by Jim05
Fri Jul 18, 2014 6:21 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 21 General Chat and Dribble

Harvey's no different to Lakes, could be argued it was more forceful and with his terrible record (has a 40% loading) should get 5-6 weeks. Alot will depoend on if he pleads guilty or not as he gets a 25% reduction if he does.
He may as well of had his Mad Monday today on his own which would be quite apt given his selfishness.
by daysofourlives
Mon Aug 18, 2014 8:33 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 22 - Possibilities and Probabilities.

I have absolutely no idea how players manage to dive with such apparent ease :? One of the first things I learnt as a junior was to keep your feet and be strong in a contest, I've had times where i've been pushed hard in the back but still cant bring myself or rather refuse to fall over :? I think it's just natural instinct.

If someone walked up to you in the street and pushed you I would be very suprised if you fell over, i'm sure 9/10 people would stagger and try to remain on their feet.

Divers = fairies
by Phantom Gossiper
Mon Aug 25, 2014 11:50 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: League Cup

Lol anyone read about the Man U supporting chick that used a £2.50 free bet to back Man U to win 4-0 but accidentally put it on MK 4-0 for a collect of £1,250
by JK
Wed Aug 27, 2014 9:08 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: League Cup

and the rulers of West Yorkshire (and soon the world)...

Bradford City...

by Jase
Thu Aug 28, 2014 10:31 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: EPL Season 2014/2015

Bully wrote:warnock has returned as palace manager

Neil Warnock is an anagram for Colin Wanker
by johntheclaret
Sun Aug 31, 2014 11:06 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: BEST JOKES - Warning: Site Rules Still Apply

Two Italian men get on the bus. They sit down and engage in an animated conversation. The lady sitting behind them ignores them at first, but her attention is galvanized when she hears one of the men say the following: "Emma come first. Den I come. Den two asses come together. I come once-a-more. Two asses, they come together again. I come again and pee twice. Then I come one lasta time.""You foul-mouthed swine," retorted the lady indignantly. "In this country we don't talk about our sex lives in public!"
"Hey, coola down lady," said the man. "Who talkin' abouta sexa? I'm a justa tellin' my frienda how to spella 'Mississippi'."
by valleys07
Tue Sep 23, 2014 8:48 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I reckon you'd find that a fair percentage of 'international' Manchester United supporters believe the club is based in London. They wouldn't know Manchester exists.

I have an Arsenal supporting mate who swears he goes for Arsenal because all his family is from the suburb of Arsenal, no amount of google searches or anything can disprove in his mind his family are from 'Arsenal'

His never heard of Woolwich though
by whufc
Tue Nov 18, 2014 10:49 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Your top 5 cricket books

I can fully understand Yallop and Boycott's reluctance to face Messers Holding and Thomson. Of the West Indies bowlers I reckon Andy Roberts would have been the scariest to face. He would bowl a 'slow' bouncer and then follow it up with a real fast one. It was this move that earnt David Hookes a ride in Packer's Jag.

regards,

REB
by Rik E Boy
Fri Dec 19, 2014 12:14 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Aus v Ind Test Series

stan wrote:Watto bowling well here boys.

Just have to stay patient with Shane
Given another year or two he could develop into a match winning allrounder !
by mal
Fri Dec 19, 2014 5:32 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

the Indians are bowling to the 10 and 11

granted they aren't the worst going around, but surely you set attacking fields
by mighty_tiger_79
Fri Dec 19, 2014 3:51 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:the Indians are bowling to the 10 and 11

granted they aren't the worst going around, but surely you set attacking fields

Like I've said earlier. Pitch the ball on off stump on the popping crease and they shouldnt have a problem either bowling them or getting a LBW.
by Bombers4EVA
Fri Dec 19, 2014 3:56 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

then what's his job then? :-s
by dedja
Sat Jan 10, 2015 6:33 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: BBL 4

carey wrote:
Q. wrote:Tye you deadset spud.

Worst over I've ever seen at any level of cricket dead set spud.

A spud who has just bowled his side to victory
by Red Rocket
Sun Jan 25, 2015 9:44 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Aus-Eng-Ind One Day Tri Series

Always down to the same thing with so many sides. They pick bowlers for their batting and batsmen for their bowling. Bopara's made an entire international career from England's all rounder obsession.

Woakes does though have a very good first class bowling record, so perhaps they think that ability will eventually translate but right now, Jordan seems the better one day bowling option.
by Grahaml
Mon Feb 02, 2015 5:48 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Pretty happy to get the draw against Man City this weekend. Very handy point. However we should have won. 6th time this season we have given a lead away in injury time.

Desperately unlucky mate.

Huge game for you blokes against my mob, Villa, tomorrow night.

I've been to Hull a couple of times and have a lot of respect for the Tigers.

In one respect I hope you beat us because it might hasten the departure of that plonker of a manager we have who in my opinion is holding us back. It might improve our chances of staying up and would be for the greater good !

Hope we helped mate ;)
by woodublieve12
Wed Feb 11, 2015 10:48 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Predictions - and discussion - in lead up to 2015 season

What if you're into both guys & chicks?
Oh wait, there is a bi week....
by Spargo
Thu Mar 05, 2015 3:11 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Predictions - and discussion - in lead up to 2015 season

i am looking forward to stay at home mums round, single dad round, mental health round and human apprecitation round
by woodublieve12
Thu Mar 05, 2015 2:54 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Fremantle 2015

They have already served their 2 years.....the football public that is..
by valleys07
Tue Mar 17, 2015 10:05 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

30 years to the day since the bradford city fire . RIP to the fans who went to a football match, and never went home

Heard today the investigators say an Australian visitor dropped the cigarette that caused it
by Bully
Tue May 12, 2015 10:57 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Carlton 2015

I don't think that Mick's "old school" approach works with today's footballers, it's a similar head vain popping style that has seen Rodney Eade turn the Suns from competitive to limp.
by Lightning McQueen
Tue May 26, 2015 11:38 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Most Exciting Players in the game

Adrian McAdam's 17 games in his debut season of 1993 were unbelievable, returning 68 goals including 23 in his first 3 matches.
He was something else - but as spectacular as his arrival to the big time was, 1993 was it for him.
Could barely get near it in '94-'95
by Spargo
Tue Jun 30, 2015 9:23 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Upgrading Windows

Might be a dumb question WOF, but do you work for a large organisation? Often, they have reciprocal rights to upgrade for 15 bucks. if not, find someone 'inside' a large organisation and see if you can upgrade using their registration.
by gadj1976
Fri Jul 31, 2015 10:50 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The best Aussie captain of the modern era?

Taylor gets my vote. A great tactician and a respected leader.
by Q.
Tue Aug 11, 2015 1:18 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Brisbane Lions 2015

Spargo wrote:Then don't enter the draft - not that hard to work out.

how dare people wanting freedom of choice ... .comrade :D
by gossipgirl
Mon Aug 10, 2015 1:32 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: BEST JOKES - Warning: Site Rules Still Apply

A blonde heard that baths in milk would make her beautiful. She left a note for her milkman to leave 25 gallons of milk.

When the milkman read the note, he felt there must be a mistake. He thought she probably meant 2.5 gallons.

So he knocked on the door to clarify the point.

The blonde came to the door and the milkman said, "I found your
note asking me to leave 25 gallons of milk.

Did you mean 2.5 gallons?"

The blonde said,
"No, I want 25 gallons. I'm going to fill my bathtub up with milk and take a milk bath so I can look young and beautiful again."

The milkman asked, "Do you want it pasteurized?"

Wait for it

The blonde said,
"No, just up to my tits ...
I can splash it on my eyes if I need to!"
by locky801
Sat Aug 15, 2015 1:00 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Club Membership

The bloody league changed its name from VFL to AFL, not its history. Jesus its not that hard to understand.
Pretty simple

X2

Using that logic PAFC simply went from the SANFL to the AFL in 1997, when we know that the Port Power was created in 1997 and the PAFC stayed in the SANFL

Sorry totally new league in 1990.

Pretty Simple really.
False, the AFL was a name change only.
The comittee members were the same and all financials were kept the same. It wasnt like the A-League which started fresh
by Jim05
Fri Aug 28, 2015 2:32 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: "Fixing" the AFL

It pains me to say this, but I agree with Bennys no.2 point.

If they paid holding the balls (the ones that should be paid, but aren't anymore) players will have to vacate the immediate area so the player can take his kick. Letting him hold onto it, then call a ball up just causes everyone to congregate in same area, and most ball ups result in another stoppage immediately after.

Pay the frees that are there, and the game will flow. They don't call them either way. They let the player being tackled drop the ball. Once the ball hits the ground, of course everyone's gonna jump on it if they haven't heard a whistle.
Boundary umpires and field umpires also contribute to congestion with the throw ins and bounce ups. They continually look over their shoulders and wait for people to get to the impact zone. Don't wait for the players and they will learn pretty quick. It will probably lead to less off the ball free kicks.
by Dogmatic
Tue Aug 11, 2015 8:37 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Hawthorn 2015

Lol at Hodge being unsure how much he drank..."three or four"... Do you use your fingers to count pal?
by Q.
Fri Sep 04, 2015 10:25 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Hawthorn 2015

LaughingKookaburra wrote:I would think that most people know if you have 4 beers within 2-3 hours there is a fair chance that you would blow over if pulled over.

Yep, when said "3 or4?" he was shitting us as much as himself.
by Booney
Sat Sep 05, 2015 8:51 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |