Search found 122 matches

Return

Re: Crows Disgrace

Clearly they are doing this to antagonise Port. But why they would do this and risk alienating another segment of SA Footy followers is bewildering. Maybe they didn't think they did a good enough job putting most of us offside with their "negotiations" with the reserves issue?

The complete irony though, is that one of the teams that effectively destroyed the concept of State of Origin football, now wants to rub salt into the wound by having the gall to wear the guernsey! :roll:

My only interest in that club now is to look at the hopefully increasing injury list each week.
by Hazydog
Thu Feb 06, 2014 12:55 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: South 2014

Not many outs so if you subscribe to the theory that they were an unhappy bunch under Ron there could be an argument that with a new coach and a group that's been together for a couple of years, there could be a quick upturn in form. Given the massive turnover of players in some other teams I think they are a smoky for the top five.
by Hazydog
Thu Feb 20, 2014 10:58 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Channel 7 announced by SANFL as preferred telecast partn

Not sure about the "special guest" being interviewed at half time either. Dont see what relevance Hinkley has to the SANFL broadcast. I think we see enough of the AFL coaches during AFL coverage. If they feel the need to get someone from Port - surely it should have been Hocking. (Pre-recorded if necessary.)
by Hazydog
Thu Apr 03, 2014 1:39 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Channel 7 announced by SANFL as preferred telecast partn

Everybody in Adelaide please count yourselves lucky that you are able to get telecasts of the games. As I live in Sydney, I used to look forward to the replay of the ABC match of the day at 2.00am on a Wednesday morning. Alas now that Channel 7 have the rights to the telecasts, there will be no match replay at all to Sydney (and interstate) viewers. I rang them this afternoon and was told that they can only show one game and it has to be only in South Australia. :( :( Needless to say, I am not very happy about this and have rung the SANFL to complain about this. I will be interested to know if I get a reply!! It seems that the only way I will know the result, is if I listen to the radio broadcasts through the streaming stations!!

For those of you hard of reading, I'll write it again. The ABC didn't want to do it any more.

Simply put, NO CHANNEL 7, NO FOOTBALL TELECAST!!

Do you know that for sure? They are still broadcasting the WAFL this season.
by Hazydog
Thu Apr 03, 2014 1:34 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2014 State Game - SANFL v VFL @ Port Melbourne (Sat 31/5

Enjoyed the game - a better standard than I have seen this year at SANFL level so on that basis alone I disagree with comments re the irrevelance of this fixture. Certainly both teams worked hard & played for the guernseys - and good on the SA boys for showing some character to come from behind in the last qtr and preserve the thread of dignity that remains for our comp.
by Hazydog
Sat May 31, 2014 4:39 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 12 - Norwood v Central District - Post Game

We were ordinary but dont tell me umpires cant influence a game.

Did the umpires influence the Grand Finals the Doggies won or it is that the umpires only influence the games that the Doggies lose?

Good question. Can't really answer though - been too many in the last 14 years to distinguish one from the other :lol:
by Hazydog
Sat Jun 28, 2014 1:16 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 14 - Port v Adelaide @ Alberton Oval (Sat 26/7)

So 400 AFC fans means there was only 5700 Port fans there, that is a joke too. Where are the rest of them ?

At home watching the game on Ch 7 and being exposed to adverts, which in turn helps your club.

How?
Is the sanfl going to make $1mill from it, and distribute amongst the clubs? Or are the professional clubs that dominate the telecasts going to contribute more to the financial cost? Did the sponsors that were going to pay for the commercial broadcast ever materialise?

I'm assuming there is an even distribution to each of the SANFL clubs, plus clubs and their sponsors taking it upon themselves to buy spots during their telecasts. Otherwise what's the point of having it on TV at all? I've noticed Centrals have been plugging away on late night TV, maybe they should've saved their pennies and bought only one or two spots during the SANFL games? I don't know what these things cost, but it's a just an idea.

I think you will find the Ads on Channel Nine for both Centrals & Norwood are part of spnsorship arrangements Nine have with the two clubs.
by Hazydog
Tue Jul 29, 2014 2:22 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SANFL crowd numbers

PhilH wrote:Crowds today
1,871 for Eagles v South at Woodville
2,131 for Central v Port at Elizabeth
2,627 for Glenelg v Adelaide at Glenelg
not sure about the other 2 matches, will find out tomorrow.

By far the poorest turnout of Magpie supporters I have ever seen at Elizabeth today.
by Hazydog
Sat Aug 09, 2014 11:05 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The Passion for SANFL Football is Gone !!

fester69 wrote:No need for you to BBQ anywhere this year.

Correct! Just glad we no longer have to carry the burden of "ruining the competition" nowadays :D

A couple of other clubs now have that mantle well and truly covered ;)
by Hazydog
Wed Aug 27, 2014 11:29 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2014 Magarey Medal & Other Awards

Anyone know of any betting markets for the MM?
by Hazydog
Mon Sep 01, 2014 1:09 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SANFL fixture is a joke, why so many byes?

Maybe someone should start a new thread so that we can whinge about the AFL Reserves sides.....oh, hang on...
by Hazydog
Wed Jan 21, 2015 10:30 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: R2 live scores, boasting and umpire blaming

Was hoping for 4k at Eliz. Dogs supporters have dropped off in droves over the last few years. Night games failed after the initial novelty wore off - not sure what else they can do as facilities as good as anywhere else if not the best. Winning 10 on the trot might do it but even then I wonder if the credibility of the comp has been dealt a mortal blow in its ability to attract the casual/fringe supporter.
by Hazydog
Sun Apr 12, 2015 4:52 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The never ending No AFL in the SANFL whinge thread

So what was the wash up with Grigg not playing the last quarter of the last Friday nights game against the Bloods. Was he/is he injured or was it a case of resting him just in case their was a late withdrawal for the Crows the following day?
I guess it will be difficult to prove one way or the other but will be interesting to see if that sort of thing happens regularly whenever the SANFL side play a day before the AFL side does.

"We'll play to the line" I think was what they said when lobbying to get the votes. Resting a bloke at 3/4 time when the game is still in the balance makes a mockery of that.
by Hazydog
Thu Apr 23, 2015 11:41 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Not quite on topic - but related. Will be interesting to see how Freo's plan to rest numerous players in the last round impacts Peel Thunder, who have qualified for their maiden finals appearance which commences this week. From memory, Peel are the WAFL club aligned to Freo. Peel will deserve what they get for selling their soul, but what a farce it could turn out to be!
by Hazydog
Mon Aug 31, 2015 9:31 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Preliminary Final - Centrals v West

Well done Westies - very impressive yesterday and showed their depth is better than most.

Sets up an intriguing GF which I hope is well attended but fear may not be, although at least the weather forecast looks good.

Proud of the young Dogs side, and hoping the majority of the team can be retained, and improved with some more of the kids that are coming through.
by Hazydog
Mon Sep 21, 2015 11:38 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2015 Grand Final - Eagles v West - Sun 27/9/15

Well done Westies! And spare a thought for the guy who has supported them through thick and thin, home and away, flying his flag and chanting "red black, black and red". Enjoy the celebrations!
by Hazydog
Sun Sep 27, 2015 5:37 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2015 Grand Final - Eagles v West - Sun 27/9/15

All I can say is, Westies fans, get down to the club.

One, the boys are in ripping nick at the moment. :lol:

Two, the place is empty, get down there and bloody well enjoy it, the place should be pumping!!!

Easier said than done when the GF is on a Sunday and no public holiday on the Monday.

That Public Holiday came in VERY handy between 2000-2010 :)

Book a day off FFS!!! Did they not know they were in the Grand Final!?!?!?!

Not everyone would be able to that Booney for obvious reasons - unfortunately another negative aspect the comp has had to compromise on to fit in the unwanted ones.
by Hazydog
Tue Sep 29, 2015 11:27 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SANFL Draw

If the league directors had any balls they should have served notice to the PAFC and rid the league of the "magpies" reserves comp team and the Academy farce. That will sort out the facical draw issues re the Reserves at least.

The league directors and the SANFL hierachy needs to hold them accountable re the lies about developing the Academy players where the truth is the development is done by the SANFL clubs e.g. the issues Kris Grant raised plus the issues the NAFC are having re Keiran Agius and Port trying to hoodwink him, keep him out of the NAFC system and claim his development. Selfish bunch of leeching cheats = PAFC!

Can you elaborate and/or direct me to any media or other reports where the Kris Grant issues and more particularly the Agius issues are discussed (I know nothing about them).

Warren Partland wrote an article in the Advertiser - maybe last weekend - re SANFL clubs developing juniors in there area and referred to Kris Grant as being a bit miffed that Port was being credited for developing Wayne Milera via there Academy, where as Centrals had him go through their junior set up over the last few years and this fact seemed to be lost within the AFL-centric media reporting.
by Hazydog
Fri Dec 11, 2015 10:38 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Full 2016 SANFL Draw

are you that silly BOTB?
Pretty sure everyone else can see what Dutchy is saying. you scratch my back il scratch yours!

If that is true and I nor do you know its true , then why not ? Is it not smart to think about the big picture. Like I keep saying , I am against the AFL teams in but if our clubs are smart enough to make more money out of it then why not. Hardly a home ground advantage for them. Can''t believe the short sight of some.

But if it was done to secure the NAB cup game at Unley then it stinks

Centrals haven't given up a home game against the Crows - and they secured a NAB cup game at Elizabeth so not sure that theory holds too much water.
by Hazydog
Mon Dec 21, 2015 11:03 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The SANFL is saved! We have a new logo

RB wrote:
Footy Chick wrote:Worse than Aussies calling biscuits cookies :?

Don't get me started...

Me either - it frustrates me to the point I might have to hit he sidewalk and take an early vacation...
by Hazydog
Fri Feb 26, 2016 10:32 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 4- Central v South (Saturday @ Elizabeth)

Well played South - a genuinely well drilled, skilful and fit side who deserved the win. Enough already spoken re the umpiring.
by Hazydog
Sun Apr 17, 2016 2:35 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL teams to stay, clubs to receive $250k this year - Ol

So what's your answer? ( If you say "kick them out" it's clearly not on the agenda short term. )

1. Hold Olsen accountable to his original stipulation that both AFL Reserves teams had to operate under the same model. That would start by making Port play all games away, handing each true SANFL club an additional home game.
2. Either introduce a Crows Reserves Reserves team or remove Ports "Acadamy" team. (Prefer 2nd option)
3. Ensure top ups like Summerton (most highly paid non AFL player in the SANFL) are not allowed - and set much stricter criteria for top ups to ensure any player with aspirations to play SANFL is better rewarded at an SANFL club.

There's a start Booney - thoughts??
by Hazydog
Tue Jul 05, 2016 10:24 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: R21 - Port v Norwood @ Alberton

Booney, you've been around long enough to know that you assume nothing, and control the controllables. Don't tell me a Magpie side of the 90's would have taken that approach?
by Hazydog
Mon Aug 22, 2016 11:43 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Week 1 Finals - LIVE Scores @ Adelaide Oval

Wedgie wrote:Yeah, not weird at all. I follow South in the League, North in the reserves, Central in the Under 18s, West in the under 16s and the Eagles in the mini league. Nothing weird about that.

Central in the U/18? You poor bastard!
by Hazydog
Sat Sep 03, 2016 4:57 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Nobody cares about the integrity of the NEAFL. it only kicked off in 2011 so who in NSW/QLD gives a shit about that?

The following (sourced from Wikipedia) does a fair job of describing the carnage around the formation of the NEAFL (which, lets face it , has been created purely for the convenience of the 4 AFL Reserves teams) Traditional Aussie Rules competitions and their rich histories left in tatters in its wake.

"A major restructure of the league was announced for the 2014 season. Five clubs left the competition and the conference system was abolished. Broadbeach, Labrador, Morningside and Mt. Gravatt joined a re-constructed Queensland Australian Football League, while Tuggeranong went back to the AFL Canberra Division One competition.[2] The possibility of a North Queensland side entering the competition for 2014 was considered but ruled out.[3]

Due to the financial challenges of participating in the competition and a proposal from the AFL for the existing Canberra clubs to contribute to a single Canberra team, Belconnen, Queanbeyan and the Sydney Hills Eagles chose to leave the NEAFL at the end of the 2014 season.[4][5] The ongoing desire by the AFL for a single Canberra team led Ainslie to withdraw at the end of the 2015 season. Both Canberra clubs - Ainslie and Eastlake - had a NEAFL licence until the end of 2016, but Ainslie withdrew from the competition after the AFL rejected their proposal to be Canberra's sole team from 2017. The AFL wanted Canberra's team to be either a combined Ainslie-Eastlake side or a representative team funded largely by all the local clubs in the Canberra area.[6]

Two teams changed their names prior to the 2016 season. Eastlake's NEAFL side started to play as the Canberra Demons in an attempt to be seen as Canberra's representative team in the NEAFL competition. The club wishes to provide a clear AFL pathway for local talent and to get rid of the baggage between other clubs in the ACT. As part of this decision the team also adopted a blue and gold guernsey for home games, reflecting the territory's traditional colours. The team will still wear Eastlake's red and black colours in away matches.[7] The Greater Western Sydney reserves team became known as the Western Sydney University Giants to reflect the re-branding of the university from University of Western Sydney.[8]
by Hazydog
Thu Sep 15, 2016 11:57 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

14 the number being bandied around.... but wait for it...will require a majority 6-2 vote by the clubs!
by Hazydog
Tue Sep 27, 2016 7:51 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Player movement 2017

Irra speaks, with a smile a mile wide, of his rookie listing at Port Adelaide.

http://www.portadelaidefc.com.au/video/2016-11-28/emmanuel-irra-speaks-post-rookie-draft-ptv

As you mentioned earlier Booney, "Cat B is used to draft players into the AFL system from "non traditional backgrounds". From what I understand Irra has been drafted in via an SANFL club, and prior to that a South Australian Private School. Not sure how much more traditional that could be!

Yeah - I get it he is originally from Uganda - but unless you bring a player in without Aussie Rules playing experience, I don't think a Cat B should be able to be used.
by Hazydog
Tue Nov 29, 2016 10:35 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

It's all about striking a balance isn't it? Booney - not sure how much more the product can be devalued when games are attracting sub 1000 crowds - which we all know is currently an irreversible trend as long as the current format exists. JK - agree re lost revenue re season/home match tickets. Maybe clubs increase membership fees (which the likes of stalwarts like us will still take out to support the club) Maybe build more value into memberships such as free admission to finals and a voucher for a pie and a beer at each home game or the like?
Times have well and truly changed and sticking to traditional formulas just won't cut it any more.
Maybe the idea can be tried for a limited time - ie for a month this season the SANFL invests in some serious advertising to say "the gates are open for a month - come and check out some action and reconnect with your local Club"
I honestly think right now the biggest risk of all is to take no risks.
by Hazydog
Tue Feb 07, 2017 7:23 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2017 SANFL Trial Games

I reckon so. To be honest I was impressed this time last year as well. Not sure how many were missing yesterday from the best 21 but the work rate, aggression and willingness to take the game on were positives for me. The young blond lad up forward (sorry name escapes me at the mo) , who was in the State squad last year is a keeper for sure.
by Hazydog
Sun Mar 19, 2017 8:01 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Interesting article from the West re the pros and cons of a National AFL Reserves Comp..

https://thewest.com.au/sport/afl/handy- ... b88432147z
by Hazydog
Fri Mar 31, 2017 1:46 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SANFL Round 6

I have to be fair - I've only seen two games so far. Timing of matches and family commitments have stopped me going more.

But on the weekend, I witnessed an enigmatic player who does the spectacular one minute, then the mind-numbingly dumb the next.
Took a hanger on Saturday at centre wing, then proceeds to play on with no clear intention and gets caught holding the ball.
Meanwhile his first goal, and ours, in the second quarter was bizarre to watch. Takes mark on boundary, sort of plays on but doesn't as he can't find a pass and then snaps a floaty snap-shot goal on his left.
He has no support, which hasn't helped. Connor McLean who I was hoping would come along this year hasn't been sighted.

the amazingly stupid is a direct result of his complete lack of confidence in his kicking. He looks to play on at every opportunity either to off load or to run into an open goal. Agreed his competiveness in getting the ball is great, its just what he then does with it which is a concern. Having said that - in a team that was dominating and playing with confidence, he might be a completely different proposition with his finishing.
by Hazydog
Tue May 23, 2017 11:44 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

How would Port fans feel if there was a National Reserves comp and Port Power reserves went and played in that and the Magpies stayed in the SANFL?

Would take a while for them to re-establish themselves in the SANFL with players etc.

That would be a great result for the league IMO.

I can't see how this could possibly happen. If there is ( which I doubt ) an AFL reserves league set up that will end the Port Adelaide Football Clubs presence in the SANFL, for good.

I think most of us agree that once Port entered the AFL, their presence in the SANFL should have ceased (and from memory that was Port's preferred option.) Again we reflect on the incompetence of the SANFL administrators who insisted they remain as an entity in the SANFL, but were shunted out to Ethelton.

I agree -IF an AFL reserve Comp was introduced - it would be goodbye for good. But that's not happening any time soon.
by Hazydog
Mon Jun 05, 2017 2:17 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Retirements

Make sure they get the appropriate send off on Saturday Bloods!
by Hazydog
Tue Aug 22, 2017 12:05 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 18

Awakes from slumber... yawns.. stretches...scratches nuts... "Did someone mention finals?"
by Hazydog
Sat Aug 26, 2017 7:49 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2017 SANFL Grand Final

Rick Davies - Brilliant!
1. Turns up half cut for a live interview with Soders & Timmy G
2. Points out that AFL Reserves teams in both the SANFL & WAFL GF's and asks, "is it fair" ... twice!

Embarrassment from Soders & Tim priceless!
by Hazydog
Sun Sep 24, 2017 3:17 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2017 SANFL Grand Final

Sturt may rue a lot of wasted chances earlier on when they were dominating clearances- Port back in the contest but don't look angerous in attack.

First 5-10 mins of the 3rd could decide this if Sturt start well again and bang a couple through.

The longer it stays close, the better Ports chances will be as a tough finals series could catch up with the Blues
by Hazydog
Sun Sep 24, 2017 4:50 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Centrals vs South at My Money Oval

I'm just pissed off I only took Central at the line! Easy money though. :D

Yep - I had South as favourites but certainly not $1.30 faves. The +22.5 line offered for the Dogs was gratefully accepted as was $3.70 for the win. Not sure who Sportsbets local adviser is but they’ve been a fair bit off the mark more than once this season. Good for us with the finger on the pulse though!!
On today’s game, South came to play and were in control early on, but the Dogs hung in an kept themselves in the contest, slowly but surely gaining more confidence and edging in front. Butch produced possibly his best performance for us since coming on board . T Schiller and Hoskin the other standouts. Credit to South though - they clawed back the lead in the last and probably would have won Had there been an extra minute to go.
by Hazydog
Sat Jun 23, 2018 7:03 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Centrals vs C$&@s at My Money Oval

It’s a relatively young group that lacks a self assured, hard nosed, straight running type or two that can make the correct decision under pressure, when momentum is against them. Someone like a Kirkwood, Panos or Cross.
I also reckon the game plan is a physically exhausting one, asking a lot of a youngish group, and is one that takes a lot of developing within a squad, which is made so much harder with the larger turnover of players year to year that seems to be the norm now.
by Hazydog
Sun Jul 22, 2018 5:26 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Steven Summerton retires

Admire his love and passion for the club, and even more so his well published rant. Also love that he epitomisesone of the strengths of our great game in that it caters for all sizes and shapes of its players. Well played Steve.
by Hazydog
Fri Aug 17, 2018 8:27 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Centrals vs Port Power Reserves @ Alberton

I see Port winning this or at worst being very competetive. Centurion - thank Christ you didn’t choose to become a bookie!!44
by Hazydog
Fri Aug 17, 2018 8:35 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Live scores - Finals Week 2

Norwood look far from invincible on that performance BUT they did get the job done and will take on a team with 3 energy sapping finals in a row which sometimes can be too much. Rather be in their shoes than anyone though. Personally would like to see North get through, will make for a more open game.
On a side note - galls me to see a certain building company prominently displayed as a sponsor on the Norwood coaches jacket.
by Hazydog
Sun Sep 09, 2018 7:04 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

In regards to tenant and landlords the point is valid about Port and the Crows, however the issue remains in my opinion around the SANFL being part of it. Using the Victorian example which has been brought up, the VFL are not part of the MCG or Marvel arrangement at all and also the WAFL are not part of the new stadium in WA either. Sa seems to be a unique case at the moment.

I’ve probably cocked up quoting again- but expanding on the above its worth noting the VFL & WAFL are both under the control of the AFL and the SANFL isn’t. (At least not officially..)
by Hazydog
Sat Mar 02, 2019 12:28 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Norwood V Crows

That second half! Garbage.
The last quarter fadeouts are now starting earlier?
IMO LJ, Mitch and Shents were our best and felt like we had more possession throughout.
Hate losing to Pt and Adel using us as practice matches.

Ouch! Must hurt twice as much knowing your clubs about face allowed those two cancers into the comp?
Yep. It does. Honestly - it does.

Apologies for that post. Broke my self imposed “don’t post when pissed” rule. The Crows were far too good for my mob last week- and it appears they clicked the switch again last night. I fear the gap between the haves and have nots is getting wider with every year.
by Hazydog
Sat May 04, 2019 10:34 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Central V Glenelg

We were very, very poor. Bays were toying with us. Our cause wasn't helped by being knobbled at the selection table, it was ridiculous the lack of height and size in our team.

Correct. Fraser Fort was the only tall to contribute. We have no genuine tall up fwd and Madden was our onlt tall defender and he has been dwarfed against Brampton and McBean in consecutive weeks. And we have no ruckman who is able to contribute in any meaningful way at all. Usually I see reason behind some of our selection/recruiting decisions but to release Hannath and take on 3 unknowns seemed bizarre given Forts elevation to AFL.

On the flipside, Glenelg were very impressive. Balanced and brave. Good decision making and excellent overhead. And decent players still to return.
It's called planning for the future! Hannath had to go, wasn't going to succeed & the new guys are young & will get better.

With the SANFL comp eroding in relevance before our eyes, planning for the future that far in advance is questionable.
I’d suggest the 3 young ruckmen in question will need another couple of seasons at least to be genuinely competitive. No guarantee they will still be with us then as it seems the competition trend is towards a more transient playing list. Maybe that’s where we are behind the times in our thinking as we know what price Roy puts on loyalty and perseverance.
by Hazydog
Wed May 22, 2019 10:04 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: North V Adelaide

Great effort by the chooks, especially with a number of AFL level players in the Crows' team (e.g. Jacobs, Douglas, Gibbs). Pity this effort only comes to the fore now. Young Mason Neagle impressed on the wing, whilst regulars like Spina, Tropiano, Thring and Tom Schwarz were instrumental.

Interesting moment about halfway into in the last term, where the Crows were pinged for what seemed to be a breach of the 6-6-6 rule. The central umpire waited to bounce the ball, and it seemed like on f the Crows players (number 40, IIRC) had gone to the wrong position in the forward line, and then sprinted back to the defensive 50. Before he entered the 50 the ump blew his whistle and awarded the free to North. However, the interesting thing is that the free kick was awarded not in the middle, but about 25 metres from goal. Lewis Hender promptly slotted the goal, effectively sealing the match.
Great result! Makes that conversation we had on the train all the more interesting! Although having said that there has to be a question mark over how happy the Crows squad is at present, given a couple of insipid second halves at AFL level in the last couple of weeks.
by Hazydog
Sun Jul 21, 2019 2:19 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Glenelg V Port Grand Final

Congratulations Bays! Thoroughly deserved Premiership. Whilst my club has trod water for a while I’ve watched your side develop and been impressed with the quality team you have put together and more importantly the toughness and passion your team plays with. Super impressed with your coach too just quietly...enjoy the celebrations!
by Hazydog
Sun Sep 22, 2019 7:04 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Olsen gone finally

It seems whenever a change is made at the SANFL , it is greeted with a negative discontent . Is it because most are just negative souls or do you actually know these people ? Is it always that bad ? Im trying to get some balance in this rather than just easy blame . Some of you may not understand this but a few might.

My skepticism stems from the fact that the job is now clearly seen as a stepping stone to AFL club Administration, as openly celebrated by the CEO and that the previous two holders of the position moved to the Power and Crows respectively, after overseeing what many believe to be more than generous concessions to the two SANFL based AFL Reserve Teams...

Show me someone who puts the SANFL first and doesn’t kowtow to the AFL clubs and I’ll be the first to pat them on the back.
by Hazydog
Wed Feb 05, 2020 5:43 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2020 favorites

I know every supporter this time of year has a level of hope for the coming season(s), but I reckon Dogs fans would have to be more optimistic at the moment than they have been for several years? New coach seems to be pushing a good message and a new direction, style, call it what you like must be exciting for Dogs fans.

Not sure if optimistic is how I feel given we have recruited (in the main) quantity over quality and would appear to be very thin in the ruck/tall forward department. Having said that the gap between state leave and those below probably isn’t what it used to be so a couple of nuggets might be uncovered.
Think I am more intrigued as to how life after Roy evolves -and whether a distinct difference in game plan will be visible from the word go.
Either way - I’m looking forward to seeing a bit of action!
by Hazydog
Thu Feb 06, 2020 6:00 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SANFL Clubs

My take is that Centrals have struggled with generating surplus income over the last few years, which has seen significant tightening of the belt in expenditure in order to not create annual financial losses. They have basically trod water on that scope. On the plus side however, the responsible edict of the SANFL to only use the Footy Park funds for debt reduction, has seen the bank loan reduced greatly. Clearly at present they are in desperate cash flow trouble- as all clubs would be to differing extents. Maybe the rattling of the tins seems justified to them given they have never needed to do it before, and also given they gave supporters Arun for their money that no club ever has or probably never will again.
I think $250K is a tad ambitious.. (ok very ambitious) but maybe it’s more to generate the sense of emergency and is more of an ambit claim..
Whatever it is- I’ve renewed the membership and donated a bit more what I would normally pay for a season ticket. It’s the least I can do after years of pain followed by pleasure..
by Hazydog
Mon Mar 30, 2020 8:29 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 1 2020

Anyone else feel like a kid on Xmas Eve? Suspense is killing me!
by Hazydog
Wed Jun 24, 2020 1:07 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |